View Poll Results: Did you Renew?

Voters
178. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I renewed.

109 61.24%
  • No, I did not renew

39 21.91%
  • I was not a season ticket holder this year.

30 16.85%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Belfast_Boy View Post
    haven't we passed the deadline???

personally I would like to relocate so hopefully somebody didn't renew in a section I want.

I renewed last year past the deadline.

I think they just want your money and aren't to concerned with the deadline.

It would probably not be possible after the relocation event though...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BeachTory View Post
    I am in again. Deep breath, swallow hard.

also, at the town hall on wed, Beirne said that renewals were ahead of same time last year (85% vs 82%), said that there is a marketing list that they use of over 40,000 (he pointed to its value when discussing skydome sales, mar. 2012) but there is no waiting list per se. He said their number is 16000 tickets through seasons tickets as their continuing number. Biggest ticket challenge is facilitating swapping of tickets held by ssh on west side. Claims they were all sold but team needs to help holders better to do swaps as empty but paid for seats give the wrong impression.

I just repeat what he said and not going to guess how much is actual gospel truth.

As of this post, we are standing at a 73% renewal rate from what can be considered some of this teams most ardent supporters.

Personally I would have to say the renewal rate outside this group would surely have to be lower no?

Something isn't jiving here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gonna wait a year to see how the Payne experiment works out and what kind of players he brings in to commit to seasons, might just get some singles this year

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Renewed on the last day since I've been extremely busy... Will always renew this will always be my team.
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    As of this post, we are standing at a 73% renewal rate from what can be considered some of this teams most ardent supporters.

Personally I would have to say the renewal rate outside this group would surely have to be lower no?

Something isn't jiving here.
    73% of respondents. I have little doubt that many who aren't renewing have completely checked out, including posting on boards.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    Renewed on the last day since I've been extremely busy... Will always renew this will always be my team.
    I feel like this too Flush. I'm not sure its a good thing but I've heard ignorance is bliss, so being blissful has to be pretty good right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

105 respondents is way too small of a sample space and is also just a survey of one type of fan. I'm not saying the actual renewal rate is higher or lower I just don't think this survey could be a way to prove MLSE is lying.

And I renewed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TOBOR ! View Post
    73% of respondents. I have little doubt that many who aren't renewing have completely checked out, including posting on boards.

Yeah I agree.

So that would indicate an even lower rate then 73% and an even lower rate for those who don't come onto TFC message boards.

Renewal rate has to be around 60%...

So the 85% that Paul Bierne indicated at the town hall seems way out of whack to what we are seeing on this message board.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SamK View Post
    105 respondents is way too small of a sample space and is also just a survey of one type of fan. I'm not saying the actual renewal rate is higher or lower I just don't think this survey could be a way to prove MLSE is lying.

And I renewed.

Of course you are right.

But it is an indication.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I renewed my single seat and sold it to Ricky_Portugal here on the boards a few weeks ago. With the announcement of the new President, I might pick up one or two more now for myself.

You see MLSE, that's how you make money! Give the people what they want (a dedicated club President with vision) and they will pay for it.
    Last edited by Cashcleaner; 11-28-2012 at 02:34 AM.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Just had a word with my rep.

It seems like there's still time to come in from the cold if anyone likes.

We had a lengthy discussion (well, mostly I did) about how I arrived at my decision to not renew, and why I'm sticking to my shoulder cannons.

We agreed to keep the lines of communcation open pending future announcements.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    75% by my math right now. But RPB the teams most arden supporters? I wouldn't have taken that away from the general tone of this board.

Another ardent supporters group reported 86% ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TOBOR ! View Post
    Just had a word with my rep.

It seems like there's still time to come in from the cold if anyone likes.

We had a lengthy discussion (well, mostly I did) about how I arrived at my decision to not renew, and why I'm sticking to my shoulder cannons.

We agreed to keep the lines of communcation open pending future announcements.

so they arent releasing tickets so fast??
    or there is nobody to take your place???
    or both??

i can read your comment a few different ways

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Renewed and sold my seats at cost to a U-Sector member to keep it in supporter hands. Kept the "free" Montreal game and the CCL games (if any).

I will probably attend some games, as schedule permits, by picking up tickets here and there.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    so they arent releasing tickets so fast??
    or there is nobody to take your place???
    or both??

i can read your comment a few different ways
    Not sure what you mean. They were giving me one more chance to renew. When I declined they asked about my reasoning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    75% by my math right now. But RPB the teams most arden supporters? I wouldn't have taken that away from the general tone of this board.

Sure, I just meant compared to the general population. Which I am assuming in general are not as ardent supporters as a group of people that come on to message boards to discuss the team on a daily/weekly basis.

Also this is what I wrote: "from what can be considered some of this teams most ardent supporters." (meaning posters on this forum and forums in general)

No where in what I wrote did I say RPB are the teams most ardent supporters.
    Last edited by Alonso; 11-28-2012 at 02:48 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL

Renewal rate does not always equal most ardent.

If you know the general tone of the board you know this is trolling. Don't bother.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

86% of how many?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am/was in 224 and haven't renewed. I got home today and there was a phone message from my TFC ticket rep asking me to call if I still wanted to renew. So the deadline still seems moveable at the moment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BritSOL View Post
    I am/was in 224 and haven't renewed. I got home today and there was a phone message from my TFC ticket rep asking me to call if I still wanted to renew. So the deadline still seems moveable at the moment.

I hope so. I am going to try and renew one of my two seats now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I renewed, Will be back in 114 for another season of fun

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the first time since year one I did not renew my two seats in 112. I'm traveling and will miss the season so I couldn't be bothered. Having seen the price reduction and now the hiring of KP, I'll have to have a chat with my bro to see if he wants to renew.

Bottom line: without the price reduction I would not renew.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakTFC View Post
    I feel like this too Flush. I'm not sure its a good thing but I've heard ignorance is bliss, so being blissful has to be pretty good right?
    You got it!
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RicoSuave44 View Post
    For the first time since year one I did not renew my two seats in 112. I'm traveling and will miss the season so I couldn't be bothered. Having seen the price reduction and now the hiring of KP, I'll have to have a chat with my bro to see if he wants to renew.

Bottom line: without the price reduction I would not renew.
    Say it ain't soooooooo ricoooooooo!
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i was not, was not, WAS NOT going to renew... but they went and brought in a president with autonomy and one i respect - with not only soccer knowledge by MLS and NA soccer knowledge...and after i told all and sundry that there was no way i would renew....deep down i hated the thought of not being there...i love the game and i LOVE the fact that Toronto has a team....so I am back for another year..............Please....PLEASE get rid of Mariner NOW........that's all i ask....well at least for now.......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got to give it to the MLSE on the business side. 10 minutes or so after I finnished posting, that with this move I may be interested in picking up seats again, I got a we would love to have you back e-mail, for an seat selection event in December. I will register, and likely pick up some seats. South end if available, if not Prawnies, love the view of the pitch from up there.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Email I got today

Dear XXXXX,

With the announcement of Kevin Payne as TFC President and General Manager, paired with our revised Season Seat Holder pricing and benefits, the 2013 season is one you'll surely want to be a part of.
    On Saturday, December 15th we will be hosting a Select-A-Seat event at BMO Field for members of our Waiting List.
    As a past partial pack holder, we'd like to extend an invitation to this event.

Additional features to the 2013 Season Ticket Package include:

• "Early Bird" rate of up to 35% off 2012 prices*
    • Complimentary ticket to see TFC vs. Montreal Impact at Olympic Stadium**
    • 50% off all Champions League tickets for 'Convenience Pack' purchasers

Click here to view our complete Season Ticket website including complete pricing and benefits.
    To register, please click here by Monday, December 10th at 5:00 PM. If you cannot make it in person to the event, we will schedule a personal phone appointment the week after.
    We look forward to having you join the Club in 2013 as an official Season Seat Holder!

Toronto FC
    //ALL FOR ONE

“Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    As a past partial pack holder, we'd like to extend an invitation to this event.
    Mine said exactly the same but instead said "As a RED Waiting List member, we'd like to extend an invitation to this event."

SSH got an e-mail on Tuesday that they'd get personalized e-mails later this week for the relocation the previous week on December 6th to 8th.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I drank the kool-aid and....

I renewed today.

I believe in the new guy. He has character.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn it.

I had made it to the deadline and past it without renewing. With the news yesterday I then caved and call my ticket rep today and renewed. She told me that the seat relocation is scheduled for 6th, 7th & 8th December (Thurs -Sat)