View Poll Results: Did you Renew?

Voters
178. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I renewed.

109 61.24%
  • No, I did not renew

39 21.91%
  • I was not a season ticket holder this year.

30 16.85%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BritSOL View Post
    Damn it.

I had made it to the deadline and past it without renewing. With the news yesterday I then caved and call my ticket rep today and renewed. She told me that the seat relocation is scheduled for 6th, 7th & 8th December (Thurs -Sat)

It's like crack.

We'll never get out.

.... we should start a TFC anonymous support group.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, Mr. Anselmi, you've done it again.

You've got me back for another season.

Congrats on hiring the right man for the job, the only factor that would get me to return as a SSH for 2013. Now please sit back and allow Mr. Payne to repair the holes that have been created on this ship over the past six seasons so that I can once again be proud to call myself a supporter of this club and not have to hide my face behind a paper bag as exhibited this past season.

And finally, thank you for listening to the voice of the supporters. You've gotten my respect back (for now).

Sincerely,
    Code Red

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Code Red View Post
    Well, Mr. Anselmi, you've done it again.

You've got me back for another season.

Congrats on hiring the right man for the job, the only factor that would get me to return as a SSH for 2013. Now please sit back and allow Mr. Payne to repair the holes that have been created on this ship over the past six seasons so that I can once again be proud to call myself a supporter of this club and not have to hide my face behind a paper bag as exhibited this past season.

And finally, thank you for listening to the voice of the supporters. You've gotten my respect back (for now).

Sincerely,
    Code Red

ha ha you caved!!!
    LOL, see ya back in the stands. glad you did.

heard the relocation emails are going out today.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What did people want?

a) Price reduction. Check.
    b) A football-knowledgeable person in charge. Check.
    c) The guy in the Bermuda shorts out the door. Not yet.

The third thing not happening is tolerable given that the second thing has happened. It goes without saying that Payne is much more trustworthy to make the decision on Mariner than Anselmi. He might even be smarter than us.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Relocation will be interesting. Tfc season seats has the interesting problem that the most demand is for the cheapest seats. My relocation isn't until the 8th so I doubt it'll be possible to move my single or add an extra in 110 or 111.
    But a team that loves to market itself on atmosphere has to start worrying about the empty seats at mid field and the quiet atmosphere in the stands.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Belfast_Boy View Post
    ha ha you caved!!!
    LOL, see ya back in the stands. glad you did.

heard the relocation emails are going out today.
    Kevin Payne single-handedly sold me on 2013, just as Aron Winter single-handedly sold me on 2012. What can I say, these guys know how to say the right things.

Here's a bit of a strange occurrence. I got an invoice last night confirming my payment for the renewal, yet, this morning I received an e-mail with the subject line "Notice: Your Season Seats Are Being Dropped" and a message indicating that my seat will be dropped today at 5pm. WTF?

I called the office to get this sorted out but it was past 5 pm so I'll have to try again tomorrow. How does the relocation process work? Is it automatic or do I need to request a date? Are appointments scheduled according to STH duration or is it first come first serve basis type of thing?‏

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Relocation is based on when you first bought season tickets, so people who bought early in 2006 are ahead of those who bought in 2007, and so on.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Relocation is based on when you first bought season tickets, so people who bought early in 2006 are ahead of those who bought in 2007, and so on.
    putting that initial $50 deposit down for tickets put your name on the list, and counts as the inception date. There were probably many hundreds of people who bought on that first day, so the deposit times help to sort that out.

side note - I'm in the first 10 deposits made. I get the seats I want*

*which I already have, right in the heart of 112.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    putting that initial $50 deposit down for tickets put your name on the list, and counts as the inception date. There were probably many hundreds of people who bought on that first day, so the deposit times help to sort that out.

side note - I'm in the first 10 deposits made. I get the seats I want*

*which I already have, right in the heart of 112.
    braggart
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wait... isn't that how you kids #swagger these days?
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What did people want?

The third thing not happening is tolerable given that the second thing has happened. It goes without saying that Payne is much more trustworthy to make the decision on Mariner than Anselmi. He might even be smarter than us.
    Very well-put, and absolutely agreed with. 2 outta 3 ain't bad, and like you said, that 3rd item is likely pending. Obviously, we shouldn't be making any huge predictions or assumptions by this news, but two of most people's biggest issues have been dealt with within weeks of each other. Now is a good time to be optimistic again.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gotcha. I'm assuming I have to contact the rep and request re-location though?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gotcha. I'm assuming I have to contact the rep and request re-location though?
    You should have gotten an email about relocation and your time slot a couple days ago

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SamK View Post
    You should have gotten an email about relocation and your time slot a couple days ago
    Nothing yet. Maybe I'll hear from them on Monday since my renewal was submitted at the last possible moment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing yet. Maybe I'll hear from them on Monday since my renewal was submitted at the last possible moment.
    You could be right, just checked and I did just get the email yesterday

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't renew. Bernie, Cochrane still have their job, no accountability by Anselmi, and a buffoon still running up and down the sidelines.
    Yes it's half the money of last year for my tickets, but $200 a ticket is still $200 a ticket I am burning watching BS.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boban View Post
    I didn't renew. Bernie, Cochrane still have their job, no accountability by Anselmi, and a buffoon still running up and down the sidelines.
    Yes it's half the money of last year for my tickets, but $200 a ticket is still $200 a ticket I am burning watching BS.
    no accountability?...T.A. just hired a MLS pro,...sure no miracles in the future but he went out and got ,....probably the best man for the pres.....it starts there....and he wont let this team make a fool of him......it will slowly drift down......it simply doesn't happen any quicker.....long term......$200 is cheap for a years worth of games......so what if the expected happens ,..maybe another poor season?....maybe but lifes too short to to piss on EVERYTHING......If Mariner's poor he'll be dealt with...simple....what if someday Rogers/Bell decree you get what you pay for?........with your attitude we should get in for $0..........right......
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What did people want?

I stil decided not to renew because:

a) Price Reduction was not important to me. I don't care about the prices being brought down to the garbage level of the product on the field. I wanted the product to come up to the increased ticket price level. Not to mention that the team were forced to pull out the price decrease. (By those who chose not to renew the last few years). It was not done out of the goodness of the club's heart. So yeah....they get little credit for this one from me.

b) Seems like a good hire. Time will tell.

c) The FO needs to be punished for the whole Mariner debacle. If Payne goes back to a possession based, attacking style of football then what the fuck was the point of firing Winter to promote Mariner? Add to that that they could promote Rongen and/or BDK and it will cement the fact bringing in Mariner was completely pointless and only served to alienate and push away lots of supporters.

I hope Payne fires Mariner now. To hear people talking about how much time Mariner has left like it's a forgone conclusion that he'll be fired AND being okay with giving him some games at the start of the year or even a full season is fucking scary.

It's sad when we see keeping a terrible coach for the beginning of a new season (that followed the worst one we've ever had) as part of the natural course of the new plan for success.

He should be removed ASAP.

I had some remorse when my renewal date passed......but I'm sure it'll be nothing compared to the remorse I'd have had showing up for game one of season 7 and watching Mariner coach this team.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Voodoo, it's interesting, this is a lesson about life. You and I have disagreed about many things, but that post, I could easily have written that myself.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But guys, the reason why we've been so down on changing coaches mid-season is that at TFC the Coach has pretty much been the GM and choosing the players to put on the team and the President just rubber stamps the transaction. This led to the revolving door of players and no chemistry as every new coach turfed players he didn't like and put his own players in while Anselmi looked on.

In the new set-up, the President is also the GM who has final say on the players that aqre brought in. Mariner will have to find a way to produce with those players or he will be gone and Payne will bring in a coach who can work with the players he's got. There won't be a revolving door of players anymore as Payne has indicated that he wants to go with a young core that will stick around for a while and gel and this season is the start of that. Doesn't MLSsoccer.com have an article on how important it is to keep a stable core of players to a team?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got a call today for my first set of season seats and all the supporters seats are sold out . Even the light grey's. Guess its another year of waiting....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Is it safe to say that above post sums up the poll/thread pretty well.^

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Speaking of renewal any word on what the official beer of TFC will be? I know Carlsberg is out but am really hoping we aren't going to be subjected to Canadian and Coors light at ACC prices.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Relja View Post
    Got a call today for my first set of season seats and all the supporters seats are sold out . Even the light grey's. Guess its another year of waiting....
    You would be extremely lucky to get light grey's without already being an SSH. Even with this team in the dumps, those tickets aren't available at the prices they set.

You need to commit to some med grey's then relocate, or continue to hope you're one of those handful of lucky folks who pull it off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glaze View Post
    Speaking of renewal any word on what the official beer of TFC will be? I know Carlsberg is out but am really hoping we aren't going to be subjected to Canadian and Coors light at ACC prices.
    InBev took over. Bud/Stella are what's coming.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Why drink beer? It made Bud wiser . . .

Quote Originally Posted by glaze View Post
    Yea, I heard it was Bud too. Don't worry, if you go to the game in Montreal on March 16 - it's all green to me!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheapest they offered me was 201,205 for 530 after taxes then 130,134 for 561.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds about right. I was in at just under 600 for med grey's last year. Just took one year to get out of that. I waited 3 years like you are doing without luck and that was it once I got involved.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're unlucky. My appointment was 11 am Saturday and there were light grays here and there (just a handful total, but still). Bear it out this year, and then you're set -- this also isn't a bad year to do med grays. They're quite cheap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im going to keep on the waiting list, but next year actually go to the appointment as this year had my vacation during the seat time. Going to pick up a pair of season seats off an rpb.