View Poll Results: Did you Renew?

Voters
178. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I renewed.

109 61.24%
  • No, I did not renew

39 21.91%
  • I was not a season ticket holder this year.

30 16.85%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Renewed or Did Not Renew?

Now that the renewal deadline is passed I am curious to know how many did and how many actually went through with not renewing....

RPB Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Renewed. For the reason why, see "East Side Stand Up!"

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Renewed.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did not renew, last season I attended under half of the games despite having a season ticket. The quality of the football I have seen over the years has actually gotten worse as has the results. I could tolerate bad football to a certain degree when we were picking up wins but to go to BMO and watch a crap game of football and be defeated isn't an enjoyable occasion. The constant revolving door of managers and players makes it really hard to relate to the team, turning up at games and not knowing who is on the pitch is really off putting. Couple this with not being able to watch games on the tv as they are generally terrible to watch means there was no way I was renewing my season ticket even if they offered it to me for $50. The club has been very poorly managed and when their actions are turning away genuine football fans it is easy to see they have truly made a mess of something that could have and should have been great. At most I will maybe go to a couple of games next season, don't think I have felt as dissillutioned about something as I do about TFC. Good luck to the club and the RPB, hopefully you get a club that warrants your support one day.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I renewed. For me it was always a financial decision. I had a friend who offered to buy half the games so that made it easier. I will simply give him the games we can't get to.

Without that, the price drop, raptors ticket would not have been enough to convince me to renew. I have eaten way too much money over the past few seasons with tickets I couldn't give away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

did not renew my 2 seats in 111.
    season ticket holder since november 2006.

after those 2 losing streaks...i just lost interest.
    then the season one pricing ...i lost hope.

anyway, will continue to read and follow, but understand
    its no longer my right to comment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I renewed as I still love match day at BMO...

However, if the price drop hadn't happened, I may have been looking to relocate to cheaper seats at the relocation time - but since the prices were cut significantly, I'm sticking with my seats...

Here's hoping there's more to cheer for in 2013...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did not renew my 2 seats in 110. I find reading reading this forum more entertaining than the gameday experience at BMO these days.
    Let's hope i regret this decision and am back in for 2014.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I renewed. It's not even a question for me. Just like waking up in the morning, or afternoon...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Renewed. I'm curious how many sold as of today.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I renewed mine on Friday.
    Believe me, it was not an easy decision.
    But year one pricing in section 111 allowed me to give this one more season.
    They better do something to keep my interest though.

Looking at the poll stats so far...
    Does not look good for the stadium in 2013.
    I fear the soccer experiment in Toronto may be ruined beyond repair.
    Last edited by flatpicker; 11-24-2012 at 06:53 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tim90 did not renew! We are all doomed!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I renewed but only because it was $220 per seat. I wouldn't have had the person I go with couldn't go. I also don't plan to go to every game and he has been able to find ways of getting rid of the tickets.

Had I been in the more expensive seats, I probably would have dropped my tickets 2 years ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We renewed. This is the last year if they shit bomb again. Ticket prices at the top of 110 are the least of my worries. Travel costs to upwards of 20 games a year are the biggest factor. If they can't show any sign of improvement, I'm sure I can get seats pretty much anywhere in 2014.
    [B]75 Mile Bastards[/B]
    [B]Tailgate Team[/B] [B]Underling[/B]
    [B]Season Ticket Holder 110 Row 33 Seat 9[/B] [B]aka The Bastards' Perch[/B]
    [B]Red Patch Boy through and through. :scarf:[/B][SIZE=6][B][COLOR=SeaGreen]
    [/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Renewed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I renewed but probably looking to move as I don't like the North prices, they are a joke. My brother who I have the seats with missed most games last year because of work so decided to at least have another season.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I renewed.
    The lower ticket prices helped because of my situation and I still have fun on gameday so that's why I renewed..
    Last edited by Petor; 11-24-2012 at 09:08 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

renewed...pricing was everything...raptors tix were nothing but will take them and give them away.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wasn't initially going to renew because of paying a high total price (tickets, parking, concessions, etc) and repeatedly watching my team get pounded with very little to cheer about but giving it another year just because of the new lower price, plus I am going to back off on concessions, so I will give it one more year but even the same lower price won't bring me back next year if the team is still trolling along the bottom of the table with another year of shit.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^ what if the team still didn't make the playoffs but over the course of the year:

- had a new president, coach and support staff with a track record of success
    - had traded away older veterans for assets (young players, draft picks, etc) so actually had depth going into 2014
    - had replaced 2 of the 3 DPs with younger DPs

would you have faith and renew or is it playoffs at all cost next year?

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wasn't an SSH this year, and would not have renewed if I was. Pookie, to accomplish the three bullet points you outline will take the club multiple years. They will hire a president this year at most, and remember Paul Mariner said just this past week that the core group of guys is already here and we're just a few players away from success. Good luck.
    Last edited by DangerRed; 11-25-2012 at 08:04 AM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by billygrieveuk View Post
    anyway, will continue to read and follow, but understand
    its no longer my right to comment.
    Incorrect. billy you feel free to comment all you like and your opinion will be taken as welcome as anyone else's. Plenty of contributors here didn't get to every match. We don't want one exclusive perspective here. See you round here if not at the stadium.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I renewed but looking for cheaper tickets once relocation takes place, looking to give up my section 225 $475 or whatever the price is, for the cheapest price I can find anywhere in the stadium. I hate giving these bastards even 1 penny, however, being a diehard soccer fan I just could not give up on supporting pro soccer in Toronto not now since I have been supporting pro soccer here in Toronto as long as I can remember. I just know that all those soccer bashers I have had to deal with all my life would like nothing better than to see an empty BMO field for every game next season so they can say, " see I told you pro soccer would not work in Toronto because Canadians don't like soccer" .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cancelled my 2 seats for 2012 after having them for 5 seasons. So now I'm curious to go to the new season ticket holder day (whenever it is) and see what is available. That will be the real indicator of how many fans dropped seats. The club says I still get in under the new low pricing if I want to come back.

If I can get one cheap enough I may come back with just the one ticket for me. If it's anything outside of the low end tickets I will pick them up in the aftermarket.

RPB Member
    Section 112 and Cardinal, Ontario...Yeah, Baby!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I renewed, and I'm hoping to get into the South Stand this year in relocation.

I'll take four singles and we'll just stand together wherever there's room. We did that this year in the second half of a lot of games, ending up near the top of 112, particularly if the Reds were attacking the south end.

To Dream, the impossible Dream...
    O, Maple Leaf around the world, You speak as you rise high above,
    Of courage, peace and quiet strength, Of the Canada that I love.
    Remind us all, our union bound by ties we cannot sever,
    Bright flag revered on every ground, The Maple Leaf forever

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan View Post
    I just know that all those soccer bashers I have had to deal with all my life would like nothing better than to see an empty BMO field for every game next season so they can say, " see I told you pro soccer would not work in Toronto because Canadians don't like soccer" .
    All you'd have to tell them is that MLSE owned the team and they'd understand.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did not renew. ML$E reps didn't even bother to get in touch with me. LOL

It's probably for the best as they were going to receive an earful from me.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I renewed as to me it was never in question. My passion for this team has never wavered despite the losses, come on you Reds.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am in again. Deep breath, swallow hard.

also, at the town hall on wed, Beirne said that renewals were ahead of same time last year (85% vs 82%), said that there is a marketing list that they use of over 40,000 (he pointed to its value when discussing skydome sales, mar. 2012) but there is no waiting list per se. He said their number is 16000 tickets through seasons tickets as their continuing number. Biggest ticket challenge is facilitating swapping of tickets held by ssh on west side. Claims they were all sold but team needs to help holders better to do swaps as empty but paid for seats give the wrong impression.

I just repeat what he said and not going to guess how much is actual gospel truth.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Renewed prices irresistible, pissed at Mariner and FO but back our team, but if we lose the first game next year and all the rest I will be yelling at Mariner from day 1, ......it's my right and I want whats best for my home team.......and not old school hangers on cashing in a pay cheque....it may get to the point where I'm watching games just for the skills of the visitors...OMG,......There are some great games in MLS,..... just not here. I want that changed~!
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana