RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Today's News,Wednesday,Nov.21

Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB 2019 Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mornin d
    wow 2016 and things are looking up --- come on you reds lets go

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That TFC propaganda piece does give an idea of how PM thinks. We get an idea of how the team will be run (until he's fired near the end of the season).
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone going to the town hall tonight - please call Mariner on this.

When he took over he said we need 4 players. In this article he says we have 7 and need 14 total. He has also brought in Hassli and O'Dea since saying we need 4 players, so that means by Mariner math we only ahould need two players to be competative.

What's the deal Paul? Have we regressed since you took over, moved players out and brought more in?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Evil will always triumph over good because good is dumb.

The Dynasty Continues - RWN - Champions SoctoberFest! '11, GoTFC Supporters Cup '10. Indoor Cup '10, '09, Niagara Cup '08 & '09. Be Champions. 6 for 8 :)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    Someone going to the town hall tonight - please call Mariner on this.

When he took over he said we need 4 players. In this article he says we have 7 and need 14 total. He has also brought in Hassli and O'Dea since saying we need 4 players, so that means by Mariner math we only ahould need two players to be competative.

What's the deal Paul? Have we regressed since you took over, moved players out and brought more in?
    One of the town halls will be streamed tonight and you can ask questions.

http://www.torontofc.ca/live

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't mind the rhetoric that Mariner is saying. But I see the BIG problem being our corrent DP's. Mariner is assuming that 3 of our "core players" will be Koevs, Frings, and Hassli. But its a massive assumption to say that Koevs will ever come back fully fit at his age, Frings can play consistently at his age, and Hassli can stop picking up injuries so he can play 2 games in a week. I can already foresee all 3 players being injured and not playing more than playing, so then that's 3 core players, and 1 million of the cap on the sidelines. No MLS team can cope with that! The assumption that all 3 players will keep playing next season is obviously going to be his downfall, and its obvious to see!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    I don't mind the rhetoric that Mariner is saying. But I see the BIG problem being our corrent DP's. Mariner is assuming that 3 of our "core players" will be Koevs, Frings, and Hassli. But its a massive assumption to say that Koevs will ever come back fully fit at his age, Frings can play consistently at his age, and Hassli can stop picking up injuries so he can play 2 games in a week. I can already foresee all 3 players being injured and not playing more than playing, so then that's 3 core players, and 1 million of the cap on the sidelines. No MLS team can cope with that! The assumption that all 3 players will keep playing next season is obviously going to be his downfall, and its obvious to see!
    Agree,to assume that our 3 DP can carry TFC in 2013 is delusional.ACL recovery usually takes about 1 year,if that is the case Koev will be back in July,IF he works his ass of to get back from torn ACL,so we are down to 2 DPs at the beginning of 2013,2 DPs IF Frings is fit enough to play full 90 minutes after his hip surgery,realistically we will have 1Dp ready to play in March 2013.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    Agree,to assume that our 3 DP can carry TFC in 2013 is delusional.ACL recovery usually takes about 1 year,if that is the case Koev will be back in July,IF he works his ass of to get back from torn ACL,so we are down to 2 DPs at the beginning of 2013,2 DPs IF Frings is fit enough to play full 90 minutes after his hip surgery,realistically we will have 1Dp ready to play in March 2013.
    ^ That's IF Hassli can play more than a couple of games w/o getting injured, realistically maybe 0 DPs for good stretches.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought Hassli was on a team option ?

I also thought that the concensus was to decline the option and negotiate a lower wage ?

Has any of this been sorted ? From what I have been reading, it's like he is coming back as the 3rd DP ?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mariner included Hassli in his "core" group of players last night. So I assume they want to get him back. I also assume they're trying to negotiate. No idea how that will go. If you tell a guy who is on an option year, that he's part of the "core" then his agent will be happy to hear that I'm sure. Helps to bump the player's value in negotiations. Guys on option years, I think most of the time they either continue under the same contract; or get dropped. Not sure if there's too many examples of negotiating a lower salary instead. We shall see.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Mariner included Hassli in his "core" group of players last night. So I assume they want to get him back. I also assume they're trying to negotiate. No idea how that will go. If you tell a guy who is on an option year, that he's part of the "core" then his agent will be happy to hear that I'm sure. Helps to bump the player's value in negotiations. Guys on option years, I think most of the time they either continue under the same contract; or get dropped. Not sure if there's too many examples of negotiating a lower salary instead. We shall see.
    Highly doubt Hassli is going to take a huge loss in pay. It helps TFC if he's willing to take about 250k salary, but his relatively good strike rate in Toronto, plus asking a man to go down from 550k... I don't think it's going to happen.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Highly doubt Hassli is going to take a huge loss in pay. It helps TFC if he's willing to take about 250k salary, but his relatively good strike rate in Toronto, plus asking a man to go down from 550k... I don't think it's going to happen.
    I agree. Also considering he has a European passport. Down from $550k/$790k whatever that means for cap and allocation $ purposes, I know the debate.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I agree. Also considering he has a European passport. Down from $550k/$790k whatever that means for cap and allocation $ purposes, I know the debate.
    I'm not sure if MLS will let TFC do this, but do what DC did with DeRo and re-sign Hassli at 550k or whatever, and use allocation money to bring down his cap hit below DP level. But I always thought this was a really stupid use of allocation money
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano