Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't be surprised if next season TFC carries a similar amount of Canadians as Montreal and Vancouver.

If I'm Montreal of Vancouver I would try to grab Cann as a back up defender.

I'm worried a little about the future of Cordon, Makabuya and Lindsay. We really do need more Canadian NASL teams.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alixir View Post
    I may just be one of the only people here who is glad Cann is gone
    He has some serious deficiencies in his game, but his positioning and aerial work are very good. When he was dropped the first time from the starting lineup, he was average six headers won in the box per game.

His tackling is poor and he was a deep dropper, he was afraid to play his man tight in the six yards before the top of the box, which meant he gave up shots he shouldn't have. But by MLS standards, he was a decent third defender.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoop View Post
    That Preki turned down Chicarito story has been disputed. Just Vergara making waves.
    plus it would have been just a loan
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sad to see lindsay go, he was a bright spot in our fourth season.. but two years out takes it's toll.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hard to say whether Lindsay was dropped because of huge drop in form from his injury, or because Mariner didn't like him. For all we know he still had everything but his speed and he was cut because Mariner didn't like how he defends, or maybe he didn't run hard enough in training. Who knows. All I know is that I'm not going to speculate on his current quality based on Mariner's judgement. Same goes for Cordon who looked good for his age in the games that he played and the reserve games I saw him in

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

half of these guys will end up in San Antonio
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoop View Post
    That Preki turned down Chicarito story has been disputed. Just Vergara making waves.
    http://www.soccerbyives.net/2012/11/...-not-true.html
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TOBOR ! View Post
    half of these guys will end up in San Antonio
    More likely Edmonton.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These players will have little if no effect going forward.
    The only change that will have an immediate impact has to start at the top.
    Get rid of the ROT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    plus it would have been just a loan
    Any word on the timing? Have to remember that Chicharito struggled to break into the team initially, and he also had some major injury problems - he almost quit the game and pursued a career in business instead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lindsay really? the guy just returned from injury, the very least let him play in the pre season matches to regain fitness and form. My god we're doomed under these idiots.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Benficachop20 View Post
    lindsay really? the guy just returned from injury, the very least let him play in the pre season matches to regain fitness and form. My god we're doomed under these idiots.
    I would hazzard a guess they monitored him pretty closely during practice and rehab.

2 year recovery pretty much made it clear to me.

Its going to be a wild ride though. I don't think the cuts are stopping here.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Wiedeman hasn't 'officially' graduated Generation Adidas status. More cuts could be pending, and this is just the first wave (see what I did there?)
    Very funny.....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From a Larson tweet:

I'm told no more cuts imminent for #TFC ... But there could be more coming.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I spoke to Oscar Cordon. Here's what he said:

"I'm actually excited to be honest. This year was rough. But as bad as it sounds, this is what I wanted."
    I'll have a chance to (hopefully) get a full interview when he comes back to Toronto.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArmenJBX View Post

I'll have a chance to (hopefully) get a full interview when he comes back to Toronto.

Tell him if you get an interview that you will use an "un-named source" instead of just quoting him directly...that might get him talking.
    Follow me...... https://twitter.com/#!/aGeRoO76
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArmenJBX View Post

"I'm actually excited to be honest. This year was rough. But as bad as it sounds, this is what I wanted"

Doesn't surprise me that he's happy to be out. There is no hope for him to grow at TFC. I'd imagine that Cordon would like to grow into a ball distributing midfielder who tends to control the pace of the game.

There was no way that was ever going to happen under Mariner. If Mariner doesn't rate Luis Silva what chance did Cordon have?

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats great for Oscar Cordon to get what he wants...but with all due respect to him, i don't think he is very good or has that much upside. I could be wrong but I don't think he'll ever be a starter in MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dupont View Post
    I just looked at his twitter and he also wrote "thank god" on Oct 31. Maybe he just likes to say that a lot! haha
    I think the October 31st tweet was in reference to Mariner dressing up as a professioal soccer manager for Halloween.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Hall (both of them), Maund and Wiedeman aren't cut before next year, then say goodbye to our 2013 season.

Fire Mariner and Co.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The most important message from this (6 players gone) is that it was done without a new President. The existing assclown cut them which indicates there will be no changes to FO in the near future. The assclown is making his cuts and will follow that with his additions in expectation we'll see him jumping up and down like a lunatic on the sidelines once again next season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can anyone confirm for me that there's some MLS rule that you can't release players on the long-term injury list? Because otherwise I really don't see the logic in keeping Lindsay on the books for 2 years while injured, having him play 4 minutes and then cutting him. We did the same thing with Bouchiba, who never even played a minute for us. Same with Harden this year. As soon as they're healthy, bye bye.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    If Hall (both of them), Maund and Wiedeman aren't cut before next year, then say goodbye to our 2013 season.

Fire Mariner and Co.
    the fact we're keeping mariner and co means goodbye to the 2013 season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Can anyone confirm for me that there's some MLS rule that you can't release players on the long-term injury list? Because otherwise I really don't see the logic in keeping Lindsay on the books for 2 years while injured, having him play 4 minutes and then cutting him. We did the same thing with Bouchiba, who never even played a minute for us. Same with Harden this year. As soon as they're healthy, bye bye.
    I believe that rule does exist. Keeping Lindsay isn't a big deal because he essentially made minimum wage and he wasn't one of the top 20 salaries, so he only took up a roster spot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re Cann
    the team poured resources into his rehab. I talked to him at length in july at the academy where he was completing his rehab. I was impressed on how much he and dicoy had been supported while injured and he was very thankful. The team does lots of the little things right for their players but it is hard to over come to permanent disadvantage cdn teams have in MLS, specifically the no work permit for spouses of american players. US players can take a us based offer knowing their wife can work but here, they have to get much more to make up the familiy income or leave the spouse behind to work. Taxes are not an issue anymore btw.

Sorry to see Cann go, but he goes more slowly now with repared knees...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These moves says so much about TFC's ineffectiveness to develop their own home-grown talent. That's 4 local GTA players among the six in that cut, to add insult to injury, the team won't give these guys time to after injury to evaluate their real worth, nor play them in regular game situations. What's the point of owning an academy if you just throw away all your development?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mariner is going to worry about saving his skin by making the playoffs next year - not developing Academy players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    Mariner is going to worry about saving his skin by making the playoffs next year - not developing Academy players.
    What current manager in MLS doesn't think that way? How many home growns did San Jose play this year?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most of these cuts were predictable. These aren't the cuts that will save the club next year. Those would be Emery, Hall, Weiderman etc..

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually think we should keep those guys around. Every MLS team needs players like Hall, Weideman and Emory; if we got rid of them, we'd simply replace them for the same level of players, and, to be honest, they're not terrible. They're just not starting XI quality.