Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 19Barrett19 View Post
    Like I said in a past thread on avila hes a party animal but I got grilled for it by a member ....wont mention names. Saw him and eks together at cobra downtown eks looked sober buy avila was already in his after hour phase of the night. Enough said!
    you see a dude drunk once and he's a party animal?
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Haddy View Post
    First thing that jumped out and I 100% agree.
    it may be a guaranteed raise based upon appearances and/or performance. or a raise for picking up Dunfield's option year? (this should be dunfield's option year)
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    you see a dude drunk once and he's a party animal?
    My thoughts exactly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    it may be a guaranteed raise based upon appearances and/or performance. or a raise for picking up Dunfield's option year? (this should be dunfield's option year)
    ...and based on the state of management over the winter, no matter what the contract said, there wasn't much choice. They had to retain Dunfield.

I'm interested to see what happens over the course of the summer. Dunfield is obviously expendable. But if he goes, it would be nice to have more Canadian content arriving rather than leaving.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dumb rule...isn't it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Haddy View Post
    ...and based on the state of management over the winter, no matter what the contract said, there wasn't much choice. They had to retain Dunfield.

I'm interested to see what happens over the course of the summer. Dunfield is obviously expendable. But if he goes, it would be nice to have more Canadian content arriving rather than leaving.
    seriously if we never have a player like Dunfield ever again, I'd be a happy man
    I respect his work ethic, actually met him twice, and a hell of a nice guy, but football wise, not good enough, simple as really, nothing personal against the lad, but not good enough.
    Last edited by burlington Red; 06-16-2013 at 12:33 AM.

Niagara Region. Anywhere the RPB are Supporting TFC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Eckersley and O'Dea's contracts experation date?

Was wondering if anyone knows about their contracts was curious about how long, and what you guys think the likely hood is of them staying (resigning) after there contract?

PS. if this belongs in players movement could an admin move it thanks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The player contracts are generally similar - 2 years plus 2 years optional. I don't think Ryan will want either player unless they cut their paycheques in half. 150k for Ecks, 200 for O'Dea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    The player contracts are generally similar - 2 years plus 2 years optional. I don't think Ryan will want either player unless they cut their paycheques in half. 150k for Ecks, 200 for O'Dea.
    if Ecks gets his CDN landed status at $150K-$200K, he is here for the long-term imo - O'Dea is another matter, $200K max i'd say and probably closer to $150 as an international.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

think ecks said he's guaranteed thru the end of next year; should qualify for permanent residency before that time; think o'dea is here until 2015; will have qualified for permanent residency by the time that contract expires too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So do you guys think Ecks is here long term, seems like he wants to and although his pay is a bit high I think if he can get CDN resedency it might soften the low of that contract, personally I like Ecks he's one of my favorite players and is pretty good would make a great core player in future years

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just looking at an article I think Ecks contract won't be as big of a deal next year as Frei and Califf will most likely be gone and with recent trade and waives we have roughly 630,400, again roughly calculated but still Frei and Califf ring in at half that amount and they'll be gone

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread needs to not be stickied, or at the very least updated. The info is highly outdated.