Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PAOK17 View Post
    ^^Unfortunately that goes with the risk of getting teams into a foreign league. Obviously the USSF wouldn't be promoting a league where a foreign club dominates. The best way is to have our own league but the harsh reality is it will never happen. We would never attempt it for hockey, a sport we all claim can support big league teams in like 8 cities with multiple ones in the GTA so obviously it wouldn't happen in soccer. This is why I like our CFL - since it has survived as a league independent of the US.
    didnt the CFL go down for a taste years ago? i seem to remember the dude butchering the anthem in Las Vegas or something. Or was it Shreveport? but yeah it didnt last thankfully.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember this as a kid, it was incredibly aweful.

Quick question, does Mariner hold on to Plata into the 2013 preseason and dump him so he cant sign with anyone else or is he going to be available in the re-entry draft in the coming weeks?

Plata's contract is only 54K right? Same as Dicoy Williams.
    Last edited by [NBF]; 11-19-2012 at 07:06 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcfan2011 View Post
    didnt the CFL go down for a taste years ago? i seem to remember the dude butchering the anthem in Las Vegas or something. Or was it Shreveport? but yeah it didnt last thankfully.
    Things in Las Vegas were so bad that they ended up playing their final home game as a road game in Edmonton. The only good team, Baltimore, won the Grey Cup in '95 and moved to Montreal the next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so apperently Mariner wants Plata back for next year according to this article on torontofc.ca http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2012/11...ul-weeks-ahead

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chinatownchef View Post
    Did you read the full article? It says LDU Quinto is renewing Pablo Vitti's contract but not Joao Plata? Yes, that Pablo Vitti way back in TFC history. My how times change.

Pablo Vitti. The Argentinian Waiter. Worst Import Ever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by torontofc View Post
    so apperently Mariner wants Plata back for next year according to this article on torontofc.ca http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2012/11...ul-weeks-ahead
    If he really means that I'm pretty pleased. I assumed he'd be on his way out with Mariner at the helm.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    If he really means that I'm pretty pleased. I assumed he'd be on his way out with Mariner at the helm.
    That is not the impression he gave last night at the town hall. He called Plata inconsistent and a 1 in 6 player, meaning 1 of every 6 games is good. Said the same of Lambe in the second town hall.