Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Joao Plata - Current Status

An article came out in the sports media in Ecuador saying that LDU will not bring back J.Plata back for the 2013. Link is in Spanish.

http://www.teradeportes.com/futbol/e...saldrian-y-seg

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting Pablo Vitti was on loan at LDU Quito...
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone care to translate?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My guess is TFC won't bring him back either, unless Mariner is fired.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post
    anyone care to translate?

Basically,

National players with expiring contracts and not being renewed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Interesting Pablo Vitti was on loan at LDU Quito...

And will be staying on with the team next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well i'm all for bringing Plata back and ould never understand why he was sent packing in the first place. He could be a real useful player on an overall useless team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i like plata but it seemed once the league had figured out his few moves he was being marked out of every game and not getting chances

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    i like plata but it seemed once the league had figured out his few moves he was being marked out of every game and not getting chances
    Agreed. He made 17 appearances this season for TFC and had only 2 games - both against Santos Laguna, which would be the only team he played against that wouldn't have been familiar with him; he was 0 goals in 15 games against MLS teams.

Last year he made 8 goals in 35 appearances, but only 1 after August, as far as I know.

Once they'd figured out how to play against him, he was done. It was fun while it lasted!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His energy as a sub could have still been used this year like they did with Amerikwa. Even if they figured out how to play him he could still cause some havoc on tired legs. When our only offensive option in the last game was to throw Cann forward I think we could have used Plata. Soolsma would have helped too I am sure. Pretty sad how few offensive options we had at the end.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bauza paso su informe: Jugadores que saldrían y seguirían en Liga 2013 (Listado)

El 2012 ha sido un año para el olvido dentro de Liga Deportiva Universitaria de Quito, el mal funcionamiento y la irregularidad es el resumen de la temporada actual. Para el siguiente campeonato se busca hacer una renovación total.

Mucho se ha hablado del promedio de edad del plantel ligado, de sus limitaciones físicas y su desigualdad junto a otros clubes con plantillas mucho más jóvenes en velocidad y resistencia como Independiente del Valle y la misma Liga de Loja.

Reiterados han sido los pedidos para Edgardo Bauza y sus colaboradores para que tome mano de las fuerzas básicas y haga un recambio en el equipo, sin embargo cuando esto se ha dado los juveniles tampoco han respondido de gran manera.

Ahora, en octubre, se empieza a hablar de la conformación del plantel para el 2013, la llegada y salida de jugadores ha sido la especulación constante en la hinchada y prensa deportiva.

Stalin Cobeña, colega de Radio La Deportiva, tuvo acceso directo a la información del informe pasado por el ‘Patón’ y su cuerpo técnico a la directiva para saber que jugadores permanecerán en el club para 2013 y cuales no, ahora restará saber la decisión final de la directiva en torno al informe.

A continuación la información referente a los nombres más importantes de Liga dentro del informe del técnico rosarino:

Jugadores Nacionales que terminan contrato y no serían renovados

• Paúl Ambrosi
    • Elvis Bone
    • Joao Plata
    • Patricio Urrutia (Quién anticipó su agradecimiento a la ‘U’ en caso de que no se de la renovación)
    • Neicer Reasco
    • Víctor Carcelén
    • Nelson Martínez
    • Jhon Subia
    • Raúl Macías, entre otros.

Jugadores nacionales que no terminan contrato pero que no seguirían en la institución

• Ángel Cheme

Jugadores nacionales que terminan contrato y serían renovados

• Diego Calderón
    • Ulises de la Cruz

Jugadores nacionales que no terminan contrato y serán ratificados

• Fernando Hidalgo
    • Edison Méndez
    • Alexander Domínguez
    • José Francisco Cevallos (firmará un nuevo contrato al cumplir la mayoría de edad)
    • Kevin Mercado
    • Galo Corozo
    • José Gutiérrez
    • Daniel Viteri
    • Luis Luna
    • Walter Chávez

Jugadores extranjeros que no continuarían en el equipo

• Ezequiel Luna
    • Enrique Vera (a pesar de tener un año más de contrato con el club)

Jugadores extranjeros que seguirán en el equipo

• Norberto Araujo
    • Eduardo Echeverría
    • Pablo Vitti
    • Ariel Nahuelpan (en caso de haber una oferta para préstamos la dirigencia lo negociaría)
    • Claudio Bieler (dependerá del deseo del jugador)

En cuanto a la llegada de jugadores la investigación dice que se buscará refuerzos de gran calidad y corta edad, ya se ha hablado de refuerzos como José Madrid, Jhonny Uchuary, Carlos Feraud y el mismo Eduardo Morante.

*I'll translate cuz it is sort of funny.....

Bauza releases his report: Liga(de Quito) players who would go out and continue in 2013 (List)

The 2012 has been a year to forget in LDU Quito, the malfunction and the irregularity is the summary of the current season. For the next (2013 season) championship is looking to do a complete renovation.

Much has been made of the average age of the LDU squad, their physical limitations and inequality with other clubs with much younger squads in speed and endurance as Independiente del Valle and the same Liga de Loja.

There have been repeated requests for Edgardo Bauza and his colleagues to take the hand of the first team and make changes in the team, however when this has happened juveniles have not responded in a big way.

Now, in October, starts talking about the formation of the squad in 2013, the arrival and departure of players has been constant speculation on the fans and sports media.

Cobeña Stalin, The Sports Radio colleague, had direct access to the information in the report passed by the 'Big Boss' and his staff to the board to know the players on the club in 2013 and which are not deducted. Now the final decision rest with the current board on the final roster report.

....after that it list all the players that are domestic(not national team players) and should be kept. IDK, if there's a domestic players quota but it sounds like it.

*You know if Plata can be a bench player for any team in MLS, some of these players might be worth a look if they cant make the current LDU roster. Size and physical attributes might be an issue but when something lands on your lap you should probably have a look to see what it is first.
    Last edited by [NBF]; 10-31-2012 at 09:57 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did you read the full article? It says LDU Quinto is renewing Pablo Vitti's contract but not Joao Plata? Yes, that Pablo Vitti way back in TFC history. My how times change.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

After Maicon Santos left TFC, Plata did nothing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    After Maicon Santos left TFC, Plata did nothing.
    so the 2 goals at Santos Laguna = ... nothing?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chinatownchef View Post
    Did you read the full article? It says LDU Quinto is renewing Pablo Vitti's contract but not Joao Plata? Yes, that Pablo Vitti way back in TFC history. My how times change.
    Vitti has been quite successful since leaving TFC. A pretty common occurrence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    His energy as a sub could have still been used this year like they did with Amerikwa. Even if they figured out how to play him he could still cause some havoc on tired legs. When our only offensive option in the last game was to throw Cann forward I think we could have used Plata. Soolsma would have helped too I am sure. Pretty sad how few offensive options we had at the end.
    The thread is very depressing, and this post made me crawl back under the comforter.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    so the 2 goals at Santos Laguna = ... nothing?
    I stand corrected. He did have 1 fluke of a good game.
    However, I stick behind my "After Maicon left, he did squat" comment.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 goal, 3 assists after Santos got traded in Jul 2011. Plus his two goal, 1 assist game vs Dallas on CCL
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 goal, 3 assists after Santos got traded in Jul 2011. Plus his two goal, 1 assist game vs Dallas on CCL. He scored 6 goals in CCL for 2011-2012 edition

-Eduardo Galeano

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Amazing to me that anyone would want to write off a young, 21 year old player with national team experience. This is a development league after all, isn't it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree we should give some these departing guys a look, "Elvis Bone" looks like something that might be useful.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    1 goal, 3 assists after Santos got traded in Jul 2011. Plus his two goal, 1 assist game vs Dallas on CCL. He scored 6 goals in CCL for 2011-2012 edition
    Since we are going down the stats route.
    Can you clarify how many games (I'm assuming MLS games) his 1 goal 3 assists happened in? for a forward, that doesn't sound too impressive.

Also CCL is a whole different animal. To have a good team in CCL is nice, but if they suck in the MLS season, what's the point?
    Plata was not effective during the MLS season IMO. He was figured out and shut down by the time he left. VERY 1 dimensional

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since we are going down the stats route.
    Can you clarify how many games (I'm assuming MLS games) his 1 goal 3 assists happened in? for a forward, that doesn't sound too impressive.

Also CCL is a whole different animal. To have a good team in CCL is nice, but if they suck in the MLS season, what's the point?
    Plata was not effective during the MLS season IMO. He was figured out and shut down by the time he left. VERY 1 dimensional
    Yeah, why be champions of the confederation when you can't be champions of domestic league?

I'd take being champion of CONCACAF over trying to be champion of the "American" league. You think LA had it nice with the calls? Wait till TFC makes the playoffs, someone here will be loading a rifle for whatever ref we get by the end of the 180 minutes of play.

MLS wants no Canadian teams winning shit all. Even the pro USA/MEX CONCACRAP region doesn't want teams out of those nations doing well, but I think we go a better shot there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Plata has significant potential but has had so much sweet shit whispered in his ear over the last three years he might as well be Freddy Adu, for all the humility you'll get.

I'm not saying this of him specifically, it's just human nature. He has some effective ball skills and really great vision (he set up a beautiful goal last year for Koevermans by chipping over the back line) but they made him a starter way, way too quickly. I'd also argue that he was wasted on the wing, where he had two guys to beat and was trying to get balls up, over and around much bigger players. It's why he cut inside constantly. You can't have one-dimensional starting wingers.

Having said all of that, he (like Cordon) could have been brought in slowly with sub appearances and taught to play in the hole, either behind one or two strikers, and been very dangerous. Would work in a system like Dallas or Seattle, but not in Winter's inflexible 433 or Mariner's ridiculous hoofball (count the number of headers won by Terry Dunfield this year, by the way. Outside of the two goals, not many of them were in midfield.)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Statistically Plata hasn't done much with LDU Quito 10 games 6 as subs 454 minutes 1 goal 1 assist and 4 shots on target team also been 2-4-4 in game he played and 5-8-5 overall since he joined although mainly because Claudio Bieler has slowed down he scored 16 goals in the Apertura and only 3 goals in the Clausura. Vitti has 3 goals in 12 games this season, when he first left TFC he was one of top players in Peru which got him a job in Mexico although he only played 5 games and is now in Ecuador.

I think there is a few players that TFC should look at in South America - Johan Fano and Juan Mararude are two players who I always thought could do well in the MLS.

I do statistical recaps and prospect lists for south american leagues
    Argentina Primera - http://enbsports.blogspot.ca/2012/10...pertura-y.html
    Argentina Nacional B - http://enbsports.blogspot.ca/2012/10...-b-season.html
    Uruguay Primera - http://enbsports.blogspot.ca/2012/10...pertura-y.html
    Mexican Primera - http://enbsports.blogspot.ca/2012/10...pertura-y.html

Will be doing the other South American leagues once the current season ends in December.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Plata has significant potential but has had so much sweet shit whispered in his ear over the last three years he might as well be Freddy Adu, for all the humility you'll get.

I'm not saying this of him specifically, it's just human nature. He has some effective ball skills and really great vision (he set up a beautiful goal last year for Koevermans by chipping over the back line) but they made him a starter way, way too quickly. I'd also argue that he was wasted on the wing, where he had two guys to beat and was trying to get balls up, over and around much bigger players. It's why he cut inside constantly. You can't have one-dimensional starting wingers.

Having said all of that, he (like Cordon) could have been brought in slowly with sub appearances and taught to play in the hole, either behind one or two strikers, and been very dangerous. Would work in a system like Dallas or Seattle, but not in Winter's inflexible 433 or Mariner's ridiculous hoofball (count the number of headers won by Terry Dunfield this year, by the way. Outside of the two goals, not many of them were in midfield.)
    C'Mon Man, really? You wanna say he was a pre-Madonna because he would rather go back to a team that was willing to train him and let him go onto bigger things? They took him back right? All he did was go home when shit got aweful at his current club, there's nothing wrong with that. He had a contract with the "team" but Mariner is not the type of guy to tell you the truth if it doesnt fit his views. He had an argument with Mariner and Mariner decided he was more important and trashed the player. Isn't that his M.O. get to the press before the player starts complaining?

As for his time in MLS, he should have been ready for MLS from the start. He was a nice guy during his stint with TFC and if you look at what Mariner said to DeGuzman prior to leaving, you'll see that Mariner is partial to players who are physical and are willing to kiss ass. Look at what he did to Avila, he ended up sitting on the bench for months and for what reason or purpose? What Plata had against him was his size disadvantage vs. hacking MLS players. In a 4-3-3 he was out of depth because he is a small player and he was taking a beating for a tiny guy. When he played on the wing, he was one of our best players on the wing at times, but he rarely had enough help from the rest of the midfield.

What Mariner's "hoofball" did was marginalize a certain group of players
    , including some of the best on the team: Frings, DeGuzman, Avila, and Plata. It was the change in formation that would have given Plata less opportunities to see playing time. You have to give it to his agent for wanting to remove him from the club. He had options thats all. Even if he had only a handful of appearances for LDU thats more than Avila got on TFC for the remainder of the season since Mariner took over.
    Last edited by [NBF]; 11-19-2012 at 02:35 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    Yeah, why be champions of the confederation when you can't be champions of domestic league?

I'd take being champion of CONCACAF over trying to be champion of the "American" league. You think LA had it nice with the calls? Wait till TFC makes the playoffs, someone here will be loading a rifle for whatever ref we get by the end of the 180 minutes of play.

MLS wants no Canadian teams winning shit all. Even the pro USA/MEX CONCACRAP region doesn't want teams out of those nations doing well, but I think we go a better shot there.

I alluded to this conspiracy a while ago. But seriously what would it benefit MLS/american soccer if our 3 teams became power houses dominating the MLS cup between the 3 of them.

Upon winning the MLS cup to do we meet with the president, or the Prime minister ???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ENBSports View Post
    Statistically Plata hasn't done much with LDU Quito 10 games 6 as subs 454 minutes 1 goal 1 assist and 4 shots on target team also been 2-4-4 in game he played and 5-8-5 overall since he joined although mainly because Claudio Bieler has slowed down he scored 16 goals in the Apertura and only 3 goals in the Clausura. Vitti has 3 goals in 12 games this season, when he first left TFC he was one of top players in Peru which got him a job in Mexico although he only played 5 games and is now in Ecuador.

I think there is a few players that TFC should look at in South America - Johan Fano and Juan Mararude are two players who I always thought could do well in the MLS.

I do statistical recaps and prospect lists for south american leagues
    Argentina Primera - http://enbsports.blogspot.ca/2012/10...pertura-y.html
    Argentina Nacional B - http://enbsports.blogspot.ca/2012/10...-b-season.html
    Uruguay Primera - http://enbsports.blogspot.ca/2012/10...pertura-y.html
    Mexican Primera - http://enbsports.blogspot.ca/2012/10...pertura-y.html

Will be doing the other South American leagues once the current season ends in December.

Very nice work! scouting department should keep your contact info in the Rolodex.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleUp View Post
    I alluded to this conspiracy a while ago. But seriously what would it benefit MLS/american soccer if our 3 teams became power houses dominating the MLS cup between the 3 of them.

Upon winning the MLS cup to do we meet with the president, or the Prime minister ???
    It would be the PM.

I'm dead set in understanding what I think is fucking obvious on how MLS wants Canada to have as little as possible in their fucking league. From Canadians being int'l's to US clubs but not vice versa, to forcing our hand with McBride, to Mellburg, etc, etc.

The Canadian clubs will never boss the "American" League. Garber and the USSF won't permit it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^Unfortunately that goes with the risk of getting teams into a foreign league. Obviously the USSF wouldn't be promoting a league where a foreign club dominates. The best way is to have our own league but the harsh reality is it will never happen. We would never attempt it for hockey, a sport we all claim can support big league teams in like 8 cities with multiple ones in the GTA so obviously it wouldn't happen in soccer. This is why I like our CFL - since it has survived as a league independent of the US.