Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mariner is a clown... he loves passing the blame on other people and "the younger players who are learning the trade" Its the same old Pish and i cant see him changing the team next year and us getting into the playoffs. He also spoke about Luis Silva and how he wouldn't of been one of his picks in the draft.. I think he's technically one of our better players.. he plays the game the right way and going forward he had some spark to him..... Anyway Marnier out he's a clown and will NOT change the team for next year.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WE NEED A COMPETENT PRESIDENT AT THIS CLUB

That's the only starting point.
    If he can's Mariner and Cochrane asses or keeps them, I will live with his decision.
    Tommy Boy has got to give up the reins...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Connon_1991 View Post
    Mariner is a clown... he loves passing the blame on other people and "the younger players who are learning the trade" Its the same old Pish and i cant see him changing the team next year and us getting into the playoffs. He also spoke about Luis Silva and how he wouldn't of been one of his picks in the draft.. I think he's technically one of our better players.. he plays the game the right way and going forward he had some spark to him..... Anyway Marnier out he's a clown and will NOT change the team for next year.
    Wow! This just proves yet again that Mariner does not like skilled players. Plus, how the f*ck can a coach say this about a current roster player and expect him to preform? My fear would be if Silva was moved, what would Earl and Paul take back in return?

Hold on to your hats people. This shit show will not be coming to an end anytime soon.

Mariner and Cochrane out!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Belfast_Boy View Post
    if you are going to undertake this in a serious manner it's exhausting, good luck. I agree the guy has to go but the structure doesn't exist to hire the next proper manager. the rebuild of this team has to start at the top.
    Agreed, Mariner is a symptom of a much deeper problem. Not saying he should not go, but him going is not enough. We will cure this one symptom and then another one will appear.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I edited the OP. I don't want the rhetoric of the original post to destract from the overall intention of this thread to notify MLSE/TFC that Mariner has been given a vote of no confidence on this forum. So, please keep posting your "Mariner Out" posts if you haven't done so already. The more we have posting on this thread the more impact it should have with the club management.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paul Mariner out. Earl Cochrane out.

TFC Front Office: Don't give the job to Jim Brennan or Danny Dichio either. Don't get me wrong, I loved them both as players but they don't have enough first-team managerial (either as head coach or signing players) experience yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    I edited the OP. I don't want the rhetoric of the original post to destract from the overall intention of this thread to notify MLSE/TFC that Mariner has been given a vote of no confidence on this forum. So, please keep posting your "Mariner Out" posts if you haven't done so already. The more we have posting on this thread the more impact it should have with the club management.
    No offense but posting in this thread isn't going to put any pressure whatsoever on the club management, if you want to do something that does, send an email or letter to the board

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wull View Post
    No offense but posting in this thread isn't going to put any pressure whatsoever on the club management, if you want to do something that does, send an email or letter to the board
    Already have mate! But surely every effort is worthwhile at this moment in time, isn't it? I'd streak naked in front of CP24 live in the morning if I thought it would get the job of removing management at TFC done!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    Already have mate! But surely every effort is worthwhile at this moment in time, isn't it? I'd streak naked in front of CP24 live in the morning if I thought it would get the job of removing management at TFC done!
    Done? No.

Exposure? Ultimate Exposure. You may want to wear a sock.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Done? No.

Exposure? Ultimate Exposure. You may want to wear a sock.
    One warm foot won't keep me warm!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey T-Boy, given where you were in the summer, I'm impressed you've come out so strongly on this. Well done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mariner in

Seriously though, just saying that around here makes me feel like the first guy that voted not guilty in 12 Angry Men.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    Bingo. Here it is right here. The guy is 60 years old and doesn't have a positive record being a first team manager. Actually, he doesn't have much of any record being a first team manager. How is he qualified again?
    He played at the highest level - was a fantastic cente forward for Ipswich Town winning the UEFA Cup (Europa league) in the mid 80's and played (and scored many goals) as Englands #9, European Chamionship and World Cup experience.

Unfortunately his credentials as skillfull and powerful player at the top level in football offer no guarantees that he can be a successful manager (just like Bryan Robson - legend for Man Utd and England, but has done nothing with the 4-5 teams he's managed)
    Last edited by Wombat; 11-01-2012 at 12:34 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not renewing unless Mariner and Cochrane are gone. F off with your bonuses for signing up early.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wombat View Post
    He played at the highest level - was a fantastic cente forward for Ipswich Town winning the UEFA Cup (Europa league) in the mid 80's and played (and scored many goals) as Englands #9, European Chamionship and World Cup experience.

Unfortunately his credentials as skillfull and powerful player at the top level in football offer no guarantees that he can be a successful manager (just like Bryan Robson - legend for Man Utd and England, but has done nothing with the 4-5 teams he's managed)
    ya but how long ago did he finish playing? Accorind to Wikipedia he stopped playing in 1993.
    Since then he has only had two professional head coaching jobs. Argyle and TFC

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ya but how long ago did he finish playing? Accorind to Wikipedia he stopped playing in 1993.
    Since then he has only had two professional head coaching jobs. Argyle and TFC
    He's a 59 year old with very little head coaching experience. If he fails at TFC it may be his last job, at least in the lead role.

If he's lucky he can find another assistant job. But his unprofessionalism is going to hurt him.

He could always coach a national team, but I think there is only one that might give him a shot (Bermuda).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC can keep him on. I think he'd be a great ticket rep, hotdog guy, usher..... something that he can be good at.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Belfast_Boy View Post
    TFC can keep him on. I think he'd be a great ticket rep, hotdog guy, usher..... something that he can be good at.
    Just don't put him at the beer stands....you don't want anyone drinking all the profits.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcleeds View Post
    Just don't put him at the beer stands....you don't want anyone drinking all the profits.
    ^ and if he's selling water, he'll throw the open bottle at you, after spraying you first that is.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He can help design next seasons shorts.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Hey T-Boy, given where you were in the summer, I'm impressed you've come out so strongly on this. Well done.
    I will definitely admit when I'm wrong. 14 games later, I was definitely wrong, canary

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he can be responsible for cleaening the nets.... the ones in the urinals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wombat View Post
    And what about Winter's record as a player? It has very little to do with coaching.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While I agree Mariner should go, he's a symptom of a problem, not the problem itself. The WHOLE front office has to go. They have to treat this offseason LIKE before season 1. Only keep the academy people (for the sake of the kids). Then set up a properly structured front office, where people have roles and jobs, and aren't in charge of other peoples success or failure when they want that persons job

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DichioTFC View Post
    Mariner in

Seriously though, just saying that around here makes me feel like the first guy that voted not guilty in 12 Angry Men.
    Henry Fonda had objective arguments on his side. With all due respect, I read your long post in the Aron Winter thread and there's no objective, rationalized position there to support. If you present a sensible rationale, people will debate you, and not just attack you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Henry Fonda had objective arguments on his side. With all due respect, I read your long post in the Aron Winter thread and there's no objective, rationalized position there to support. If you present a sensible rationale, people will debate you, and not just attack you.
    That's funny, because at the time Fonda made his initial observation, nobody agreed with him either. I guess we'll see about it come next season.

Btw, its *my fault* that people are attacking me, eh? Hilarious.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mariner and Cochrane are on crack if they think we have 7 bonafide MLS starters on the roster. And by starters, I mean players who would be in the starting line-up of the top MLS teams.

We maybe have 5 and that includes Frei when he's healthy. We have some young talent, (Henry, Silva, etc.), who will be good MLS players if they continue to develop.

That tells me these guys need to find 6 clear cut MLS level starting players. This is just for the starting line-up; not the required depth as well. Competing for a play-off spot may be the only thing we have next year. Great goal for the club. We're gunning for 5th place!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    Mariner and Cochrane are on crack if they think we have 7 bonafide MLS starters on the roster. And by starters, I mean players who would be in the starting line-up of the top MLS teams.

We maybe have 5 and that includes Frei when he's healthy. We have some young talent, (Henry, Silva, etc.), who will be good MLS players if they continue to develop.

That tells me these guys need to find 6 clear cut MLS level starting players. This is just for the starting line-up; not the required depth as well. Competing for a play-off spot may be the only thing we have next year. Great goal for the club. We're gunning for 5th place!!
    Frei

Eckersley
    X
    ODea
    X

X
    Frings
    Silva / Avila
    X

Johnson
    Koevermans
    Hasli

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frei

Eckersley
    X
    ODea
    X

X
    Frings
    Silva / Avila
    X

Johnson
    Koevermans
    Hasli
    Avila and Silva are good young talents but not top starters in the MLS - yet.
    Kovermans will not be back until mid season IMO. ACL at his age will take a long time to heal.
    I'm still not convinced Frings & Hassli will both be back next year. I don't see us going ahead with Koev's, Hassli, and Frings taking up our DP slots next year. Would not be surprised at all to see one of them gone.

Take those guys out and we are in deep shit roster wise.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    Avila and Silva are good young talents but not top starters in the MLS - yet.
    Kovermans will not be back until mid season IMO. ACL at his age will take a long time to heal.
    I'm still not convinced Frings & Hassli will both be back next year. I don't see us going ahead with Koev's, Hassli, and Frings taking up our DP slots next year. Would not be surprised at all to see one of them gone.

Take those guys out and we are in deep shit roster wise.
    Plus, in my opinion, if we are to be a play-off contender, Johnson should be more of a depth player than a number one starter. He puts the effort in, but we need somebody with more quality than him as a starting 11 player. That leaves a genuine maybe 6 players who are definitely MLS starter quality?! (I would say 7, but you are doubling up Frei and Kocic as MLS starters, and we can only start one at a time).