Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 'Mariner Out' thread

I think its time that we (the Red Patch Boys, Registered Members of this forum, and TFC fans in general) made a statement that we all agree that Paul Mariner needs to be relieved of his responsibilities as head coach of TFC. I think we all agree that Mariner hasn't shown any form to justify continuing through to next season as manager. I was a "fan" of Mariner to start with, and I won't hide from that. However, even the hardest Mariner "fan' has to admit that he hasn't done anywhere near enough to justify being head coach into 2013. There doesn't need to be much conversation about this, just a total agreement from the RPB's that Mariner has to go. This needs to be a complete vote of "no confidence" from the RPB's and TFC fans.

Please agree with a "Mariner Out" below so we can get numbers behind us to relieve him of the head coach job. I will start off below.
    Last edited by T-boy; 11-01-2012 at 10:59 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mariner OUT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please lets get rid of Mariner I am In

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get rid of Mariner far away from TFC ASAP! He's a cancer along with Earl Cochrane. They both need to go!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    I think its time that we (the RPB's) made a statement that we all agree that Paul Mariner needs to be relieved of his responsibilities as head coach of TFC. I think we all agree that Mariner hasn't shown any form to justify continuing through to next season as manager. I was a "fan" of Mariner to start with, and I won't hide from that. However, even the hardest Mariner "fan' has to admit that he hasn't done anywhere near enough to justify being head coach into 2013. There doesn't need to be much conversation about this, just a total agreement from the RPB's that Mariner has to go. This needs to be a complete vote of "no confidence" from the RPB's.

Please agree with a "Mariner Out" below so we can get numbers behind us to relieve him of the head coach job. I will start off below.

WHILE I ABSOLUTELY AGREE WITH YOU THAT MARINER MUST BE FIRED ASAP!!

Mariner thinks differently
    John Molinaro ‏@JohnMolinaro Latest sportsnet.ca audio: Mariner tells @FAN590 that #TFC made progress under him -- http://bit.ly/S8JFDp - #tfc @Sportsnet

MARINER OUT!!
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

like i said in the todays news tread.....do the right thing PM and fall on yr sword..
    THE COCH AND CLOWN OUT NOW...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i was excited this meant he was out. fuuuuuuuu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Give him an extension! Mariner in!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah its clear that the guy is not cut out for being a manager and the rumour that Aron Winter was here on a vacation while trying to keep Mariner down in his place is a last ditch attempt at trying to curb the fan hate for Mariner. If Winter was sent packing I dont think that Mariner has much time left, it all depends on the seat renewals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If they are going to do it, now is the time. Not next June.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think its time that we (the RPB's) made a statement that we all agree that Paul Mariner needs to be relieved of his responsibilities as head coach of TFC. I think we all agree that Mariner hasn't shown any form to justify continuing through to next season as manager. I was a "fan" of Mariner to start with, and I won't hide from that. However, even the hardest Mariner "fan' has to admit that he hasn't done anywhere near enough to justify being head coach into 2013. There doesn't need to be much conversation about this, just a total agreement from the RPB's that Mariner has to go. This needs to be a complete vote of "no confidence" from the RPB's.

Mariner Out. His management was a messy disaster, his player selection idiotic, his tactics near non-existent. Add that to the generally unprofessional conduct, and he doesn't have the head for it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we stood in the pouring rain for 2 hours to watch the game sunday,

at the end of the game we went over behind the bench and the coaching staff seen us and headed for the lockeroom, only malcom had the sense to come over to thank us for coming and he said sorry for the bad season.

jimmy and paul engaged more with the crew fans chirping him then his own in red who traveled all that way for a shitty meaninglees game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ryan Johnson for president

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quincy Amerikwa should be enough of a reason by itself. Can't wait to see who PM lines up from League 2 next January.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this is a fine initiative to undertake here, but I'd clarify one thing first - are you a Red Patch Boy (since you refer to us as "we")? As far as I can see, you aren't a member. Possible your status hasn't been updated?

Either way, I agree with you. But if you want to organize something in the name of the group, you should at least become part of the group.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*sigh* I actually almost was brainwashed.
    to be fair i had been watching this presser for almost two + hours and didnt sleep much with the winds of sandy, but by the end i was almost like 'd'aw give the guy a full year' then i was looking at pm and ec side by side and was curious... how would new yorks duo of hans backe and erik soler look up there in their place?
    i mean now is the time to make a move *if* our coaching staff is deemed unfit.
    • the 'majority' of our player contracts are in option years - new coach can decide who he wants/who goes
    • hassli (a dp) including in those players on an option year
    • first pick in next years draft
    • additional allocation money
    • first pick in the reallocation draft from players come back to the mls from abroad

really now is the season to make the change when we have all of these pieces that we can fiddle with in the jig-saw that is TFC.
    is mariner unfit? in my opinion yes, is cochrane unfit? also a yes. is that my job to decide? thankfully no. (i wouldn't want you guys breathing down my neck)
    we'll probably see mariner back, and yes we could give him a *full* season to see what he can properly do, but ... its a big risk.

edit; just got pissed off remembering that reggie lambe gave away 'we have a bermudan on trial' HES BRINGING IN ANOTHER SHITTY PLAYER because of his nationality.
    Last edited by West220Side; 10-30-2012 at 05:32 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also agree now is the time to pull the trigger, and give the new guy a fairly clean slate to work with.

And this time dont undermine/cut him off at the knees.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PM is clearly not equipped to be a head coach. By his age he would have had a track record, if he was any good. He has nothing to teach younger players to. He can not establish a strategy or direction for the club. He is out of place.
    I do not know how Anselmi could justify keeping him longer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

+ 1 and then some.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    we stood in the pouring rain for 2 hours to watch the game sunday,

at the end of the game we went over behind the bench and the coaching staff seen us and headed for the lockeroom, only malcom had the sense to come over to thank us for coming and he said sorry for the bad season.

jimmy and paul engaged more with the crew fans chirping him then his own in red who traveled all that way for a shitty meaninglees game
    Wow, that sucks, I can't believe it.

Did you guys at least get any positive feedback from the players?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by starter View Post
    I'm sure Anselmi views his on the job experience at TFC as being more valuable than anyone's experience elsewhere. It's a general MLSE philosophy to promote people from within the organization and keep them on for as long as possible. See Tom Anselmi being promoted to president of MLSE

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I suppose those who've just seen the light preach the loudest, but come on, this message has been around for donkey's years.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seriously gtfo Mariner and take Cochrane with you

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you are going to undertake this in a serious manner it's exhausting, good luck. I agree the guy has to go but the structure doesn't exist to hire the next proper manager. the rebuild of this team has to start at the top.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    I'm sure Anselmi views his on the job experience at TFC as being more valuable than anyone's experience elsewhere. It's a general MLSE philosophy to promote people from within the organization and keep them on for as long as possible. See Tom Anselmi being promoted to president of MLSE
    Tom had a history of letting people go, they are all outsiders to MLSE anyway. I think Tom has problems finding 'right' people this time. May be with Mariner out to Europe Tom would have an opportunity to talk to some, or this is just my wishful thinking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

clean house 100% everyone must go the only that can stay is malcom

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Winter was not dumb, but near the end he had become very disillusioned. Mariner has matched him on that account and raised us a dog's dinner on the field.

Out +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The clown has to go

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by starter View Post
    PM is clearly not equipped to be a head coach. By his age he would have had a track record, if he was any good. He has nothing to teach younger players to. He can not establish a strategy or direction for the club. He is out of place.
    Bingo. Here it is right here. The guy is 60 years old and doesn't have a positive record being a first team manager. Actually, he doesn't have much of any record being a first team manager. How is he qualified again?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Belfast_Boy View Post
    if you are going to undertake this in a serious manner it's exhausting, good luck. I agree the guy has to go but the structure doesn't exist to hire the next proper manager. the rebuild of this team has to start at the top.

Agreed Mariner is irrelevant, the change has to be done Higher up.

If that doesn't happen, might as well keep Mariner on because the next boso will be picked by the same bosos.