Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark83 View Post
    We already lost the Trillium Cup! It's best two out of three and we dropped the first two matches already. Columbus is a DYNASTY.

LOL .... Do you mean like TFC is a DYNASTY with regards to Canadian Championships!?!

FIVEpete (definition: five in a row) champions will be ours next year!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nerepis View Post
    It's almost over, the season from Hell. FO, hoofball, Poor coaching and man management still not enough to keep me from supporting this team. Oh yes, it was hard but I will live to fight another day (or season). Fuck you Mariner, Anselmi and the rest, you can't break me!

Hey there was a guy from New Brunswick at the game a couple of weeks back that sat in front of me....

I thought of you when he told me where he was from.

He drove all the way to Toronto to just watch the game!

That shit is insane!

I had a friend from England come visit once who thought it was completely absurd to drive to Montreal for the weekend (which I did regularly from 17 years of age to 25). It's really interesting to note what people will do for an excursion and a good time.

It wasn't you was it? Section 107? In any case, to have some one drive from New Brunswick to Toronto to take in a TFC game is to be commemorated and applauded!

Big ups to NB!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Too bad Avila is going to be gone. I don't understand why Mariner refuses to see that Avila is AM in a possession based game. And the dude is only freaking 24.

I'm going to miss Avila, esp when he breaks ankles to score that goal vs RSL

I agree, not rating Avila is a mistake... He is well worth keeping.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    is it me, or did TFC actually played a more possession, pass the ball on the ground game instead of mindless hoofball?
    That was because of rain,it is difficult to hoof the ball with heavy rain coming down,players can not see the ball so they decide to keep on the ground and actually play.(insert sarcasm)

This has nothing to do with Mariner,Avila was a difference maker between hoof and pass.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post

I agree, not rating Avila is a mistake... He is well worth keeping.
    I think Avila is going to be the next in a long line of ex-TFC players that goes on to have a solid run with another team. In a year or two time we will be shaking our heads about it...

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You mean TFC isn't a Canadian Dynasty? lol.
    Honest question though, we're collecting these Vcups like they're nothing, how different is that from when the Leafs won all of their cups during the Original Six era? I get that the Leafs played full seasons and competed against 6-9 teams as opposed to 2-3, but maybe we'll look back in 40 years and this 4 straight run will grow in legend.

I'm reaching here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    Hey there was a guy from New Brunswick at the game a couple of weeks back that sat in front of me....

I thought of you when he told me where he was from.

He drove all the way to Toronto to just watch the game!

That shit is insane!

I had a friend from England come visit once who thought it was completely absurd to drive to Montreal for the weekend (which I did regularly from 17 years of age to 25). It's really interesting to note what people will do for an excursion and a good time.

It wasn't you was it? Section 107? In any case, to have some one drive from New Brunswick to Toronto to take in a TFC game is to be commemorated and applauded!

Big ups to NB!
    No, that wasn't me. We did do a monster road trip this year to New England away and Colorado Home, hung up my "Anselmi Out" Banner and saw to wins live. Stood up with the Bastards in 110, a bright spot in a very dismal season.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JayMolly View Post
    It is a dull day and pouring rain . . . can't see Paul's eyes with the shades:
    • covering the shame in his eyes? Lowest point total in the history of the club!
    • covering his tears? He is sad. Perhaps his last game?
    • covering his tears? Glad feeling that TFC doesn't have to play any more!
    Probably more like this :

a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    So Winter is fired (or let go) after 10 games into the season while Mariner who hasn't won a game in the last 14-16 game is staying and perhaps promoted? Don't MLSE see anything wrong with this picture? I don't know how in the world can MLSE sell Mariner to fans for next season. Mariner and Co are nothing but a cancer and longer you keep them, the more damage they'll do which lead to TFC losing fanbase forever which eventually MLSE will sell the team below market value and then be relocated somewhere in USA.

Even during Mo Johnson era, hate for TFC FO wasn't that strong. This is whole new level of hate towards TFC FO. I can't believe how ML$E could be so blind not to see this.

This off-season is do or die for TFC. If they don't get things right by starting next season, then say goodbye to a lot of soccer fan (including hardcore fans here). Price reduction isn't going to solve much.
    The difference is Mariner was chirping in Tom's ear the entire time the team was struggling under Winter. No-one's doing that now, so Tom must think everything's okay.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    We've seen PM's innovative thinking since his very first game! Why, he's done things that house league coaches wouldn't do!

[/sarcasm]
    No wait - maybe you're on to something.

I'm a house league coach, and my policy has always been everybody gets to play the same amount, regardless of talent, and everyone plays every position (but not at the same time !).

Oh, wait - that doesn't explain why Avila is left on the bench. Perhaps it's because his Mum always brings him late to practice and forgot to bring snacks on Eric's day ?

It does cover Adrian Cann going up front, though !
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TOBOR THE GREAT ! View Post

It does cover Adrian Cann going up front, though !
    Yes, you don't want all the other players always having the chance to play forward. It's unfair!

Now, who's turn it is to bring the (official TFC branded from Metro) orange slices is also important. Koev's excuse is always that his mum is in Holland. Mariner won't buy it.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Benficachop20 View Post
    a cb playing as a rb,
    a rb playing as a cb,
    a cb playing as a striker.

yup Mariner knows wat he's doing
    I remember back in the day when the pre-game threads would have all kinds of people posting their preferred line-ups. Every once in a while someone would accidentally put an RB as a CB or a MF as a Striker. We'd all laugh and throw halfhearted insults before corrections would be made.

Who knew those people actually had accurate crystal balls?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The ultimate irony of this game is that Columbus' two mid season acquisitions have lifted their team and they look to be in good shape to challenge for the playoffs next year. TFC had the same type of opportunities, but can do nothing but complain about how their hands were tied and state that they need more time.

The pattern is bound to continue down the road. Other teams will find players like Arrieta and Higuain, while we dabble with overpaying for players who have a lesser impact.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have serious question and this was on my mind yesterday when watching the game, does anybody think that MLS might of intervened if we played the young players in league games since early August and just focused on the Champions League, I still do not understand the squad management issues under Mariner, it seems like he does not rate any of players we had on the bench last night, putting a CB at forward and then bringing to more defenders into the game when he did have attacking minded players on the bench just does not make sense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by olo114 View Post
    I have serious question and this was on my mind yesterday when watching the game, does anybody think that MLS might of intervened if we played the young players in league games since early August and just focused on the Champions League, I still do not understand the squad management issues under Mariner, it seems like he does not rate any of players we had on the bench last night, putting a CB at forward and then bringing to more defenders into the game when he did have attacking minded players on the bench just does not make sense.
    Probably not. Our season was lost at that point in time, and having MLS clubs show well in the CCL is becoming a priority for the MLS.

Of course - they might be a bit embarrassed if their bottom feeder makes a run while LA or NY do not, but I can't see them meddle there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So why not do it, We pretty much played the same 16 players off and on for since August. It just seems Mariner does not rate none of the Academy players enough to give them a chance, Devos said it during the game, why not give these players a chance instead we played the same players till the end and a lot of the players looked like they where just playing out the season even in the Champions League games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Last month the following line up should of been used.
    Morgan Henry Emory Stinson

Makubuya
    Maund Cordon Amarikwa

Silva Wiedeman

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So why not do it, We pretty much played the same 16 players off and on for since August. It just seems Mariner does not rate none of the Academy players enough to give them a chance, Devos said it during the game, why not give these players a chance instead we played the same players till the end and a lot of the players looked like they where just playing out the season even in the Champions League games.
    Bingo. A number of them were told to start looking for new clubs earlier this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think they might have sent Toronto (and other clubs out of it) a friendly "reminder" to remain competitive in league matches, even though we were out of the picture...

But based on the same guys being used over and over, it made little difference if it did / didn't happen... Mariner didn't even really slot of the kids in the lineup here and there...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    What I miss?

Did you catch the tit show at the end of the Fox Soccer broadcast?

I've got a print screen of it in .JPG format but can't figure out how to post it up here....

I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, but should it be this difficult to spread some boobie joy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I gave up and just made it my avatar.

But you can barely see the titties... Hey, I just made a pun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McCartney View Post
    I think they might have sent Toronto (and other clubs out of it) a friendly "reminder" to remain competitive in league matches, even though we were out of the picture...
    It's possible, I hadn't actually thought about it from this angle. Even though the matches don't matter to you anymore, they might have implications to the opposition. If you mail it in with a lesser squad that could affect the playoff race for other teams that are in contention.

I don't know the MLS's policy on this, but it would not be an MLS specific thing. The EPL as a reference does have a policy that you have to field a strong squad for every game. This often comes up at that end of the season when a team that has locked up the title and but still has a cup final to play in. People get all worried that a weakened squad will get played and particularly might have an impact on relegation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

from 2500 to 6 travelers

ohhh how the mighty have fallen.

this is a shining beacon of the state of support, seems the tfc trend lasted as long as the emo trend

its quite sad

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    from 2500 to 6 travelers

ohhh how the mighty have fallen.

this is a shining beacon of the state of support, seems the tfc trend lasted as long as the emo trend

its quite sad

2500 to 6 !

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How many went last time to Columbus?
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^ does it matter???

the state of TFC support as a whole is what the comment is about.

I fully understand the whole "the team sucks and managment sucks so why travel??"

the last two weekends shows that the support for TFC is almost dead

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    ^^^ does it matter???
    I guess not... I just don't remember the count coming from anyone last away game.

And the term "Dead" seems to be relative. Many think its already gone regardless of 6 or a dozen people who wouldn't give up.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER