Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did alittle more research.Both Bennett and Gomez were ranked higher by soccer drawer.com going into the draft then our 2 Canadians.Gomez was offered a pro contract in Mexico in the primera div.I think we did better today then last week.Bennett has speed which this team needs more of.Other then Morgan we are pretty slow.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.mlssoccer.com/video/2013/...2013-episode-1

Mini doc on inside the superdraft. Kinda cool
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    We'll see if he is willing to come to train here for preseason or not. His college coach speculated that he was not drafted because he was looking to sign overseas not in MLS.

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/201...nnett-not.html
    Interesting follow up piece from the same newspaper published after the supplemental draft:

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/201...nto-fc-in.html

Sure seems like Bennett's story has changed about going oversees to play, based on this story he looks like he's now more interested in MLS.

Either he isn't getting trial offers in Europe or he and TFC used that story to game the draft the way the Habs used rig the NHL draft with Quebec junior players

RPB Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scooterTFC View Post
    Interesting follow up piece from the same newspaper published after the supplemental draft:

Sure seems like Bennett's story has changed about going oversees to play, based on this story he looks like he's now more interested in MLS.

Either he isn't getting trial offers in Europe or he and TFC used that story to game the draft the way the Habs used rig the NHL draft with Quebec junior players
    That IS interesting. It certainly appears that the story has changed. All the best to him. I hope he proves himself and shows the other teams what they passed up in the draft!
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scooterTFC View Post

Bennett's father is from Toronto. So this is another reason why Bennett is more open to play in MLS now.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great news about Bennett. I was surprised we got him where we did. Alot of players find there is a speed adjustment at the pro level so hopefully he can adjust to that and do well. We need speed and goals....hopefully some of this young blood can bring something to the team.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Great news about Bennett. I was surprised we got him where we did. Alot of players find there is a speed adjustment at the pro level so hopefully he can adjust to that and do well. We need speed and goals....hopefully some of this young blood can bring something to the team.
    One MLS blogger quotes Bennett to be willing to play for Canada. 18 months to qualify for citizenship
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.mlssoccer.com/video/2013/...2013-episode-2

Really enjoying this series. Interesting during the Rapids coaches talk, most of them rated Bekker pretty high on their list

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't want to get my hopes up, but based on the sequence of events that led to Bennett being drafted when he was by TFC, he might end up being the steal of the draft.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    I don't want to get my hopes up, but based on the sequence of events that led to Bennett being drafted when he was by TFC, he might end up being the steal of the draft.
    Maybe so, but I believe Bennett is already 24 years old. So he should contribute right away.