Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd also caution people against assuming Anselmi is actually answering his own email. He might well be letting Earl or someone else flunky-ish do it for him. I've run into that before with corporate types.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sent my email to Tom yesterday, received a reply within a couple of hours. I was very straight forward, my main point being that before I committ to this team any further I want a CLEAR message from him on what the focus or plan for this team is. I told him that I was frustrated by the lack of communication we SSH are receiving about the direction the club is taking.

Having said that, I do believe based on what he wrote back that they are actively looking for the leadership that we have all been calling for (President/general manager).........I know fool me once,twice, but basically I have until the 23rd to see if he really means what he says.

At least he replied and it wasnt a scripted response as he addressed certain points I asked about.....have to give him respect for taking the time.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I'd also caution people against assuming Anselmi is actually answering his own email. He might well be letting Earl or someone else flunky-ish do it for him. I've run into that before with corporate types.
    I don't think that's Earl's wheelhouse now. If it ever was, but I believe you're right on the flunky-ish personnel doing that particular dirty work.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    I don't think that's Earl's wheelhouse now. If it ever was, but I believe you're right on the flunky-ish personnel doing that particular dirty work.
    That's the same with a politician. Still has impact though. In general in the political world, if you get a letter on an issue, you assume there are about 100 people thinking the same thing. If Anselmi gets 100 letters personally written (not form letters) on this, he's going to know it's an issue. Trust me. It's a great initiative and everyone should do it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's what I wrote to Tom in hopes he takes it seriously and realizes, as I do, that now is the time to do the right thing and put in the right President.

---

It is with great concern that I write to you today regarding the state of Toronto FC’s leadership and coaching. As a season ticket holder since day one and passionate supporter of Toronto FC, I felt it was necessary to write to you. Not only am I a supporter of Toronto FC but I feel that I am somewhat of an ambassador for the team, having taken work colleagues from USA, Germany and Singapore to home games; all of which, to this day, ask me how the team is doing. My passion for the team does not stop there as I have traveled on many occasions to see Toronto play in other teams venues.

As a Toronto Raptors fan and season ticket holder, I fully supported the difficult decision that was made by the organization to fire the GM, Mr. Babcock, in hopes of filling the position with a person that could anchor the team and get them moving in the right direction. In my opinion, in 2006, the Raptors took a massive leap forward by hiring Mr. Colangelo. Bringing in a person of Brian’s caliber and giving him a clean slate to work with was critical to rebuilding the Raptors.

The reason I mentioned the Toronto Raptors and Mr. Colangelo is due to the fact that Toronto FC right now are at the same crossroads the Raptors were at in 2006 from a long term organizational perspective. The goals of both organizations were/are to try to make the playoffs in their respective leagues. They were not “compete for the championship” in their respective leagues. It takes a solid foundation of the right players, coaches, play structure and dedication to go from “compete for the playoffs” to “compete for the title”. I want both of my teams to develop all the foundations necessary to eventually become one of the teams that consistently “competes for a title” in their respective leagues. The Toronto Raptors, again in my opinion, are on pace to do that with Mr. Colangelo in place in the next two to three years. Toronto FC, however, are NOT on pace to even make the playoffs with their current coaching, players and play structure.

In 2006, it was time for a change for the Raptors. Key players were on option years or contracts had ended. The team had a significant amount of money to spend given the contract situation as well as the first overall draft pick. The team had many scouts looking in areas all over the world to bring players overlooked by many USA based teams because we could sell Toronto’s multicultural background. All of these tangibles exist today with Toronto FC, from the most allocation money to spend than any other team in the MLS, to contracts on option years or ending, to the first overall pick in the draft. Now is the time to bring in that MLS anchor as President and General Manager just as you did with Mr. Colangelo. It is critical that a person with an exceptional MLS background and contacts be brought in and be allowed to implement people, players and structure as needed to get Toronto FC headed in the direction of “Compete for the title” on a regular basis. I’m not saying we will be able to compete for a title next year even with this change, however, as with the Raptors, we MUST start putting the right people in at the top and let them get us there someday.

Thank you for your time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    Here's what I wrote to Tom in hopes he takes it seriously and realizes, as I do, that now is the time to do the right thing and put in the right President.

---

It is with great concern that I write to you today regarding the state of Toronto FC’s leadership and coaching. As a season ticket holder since day one and passionate supporter of Toronto FC, I felt it was necessary to write to you. Not only am I a supporter of Toronto FC but I feel that I am somewhat of an ambassador for the team, having taken work colleagues from USA, Germany and Singapore to home games; all of which, to this day, ask me how the team is doing. My passion for the team does not stop there as I have traveled on many occasions to see Toronto play in other teams venues.

I’m not saying we will be able to compete for a title next year even with this change, however, as with the Raptors, we MUST start putting the right people in at the top and let them get us there someday.
    Good and balanced letter. How can you so no to this?

I sent mine this Monday, no response so far.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bones that's awesome. well put. sent an email myself to Tom today. no response yet.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by starter View Post
    Good and balanced letter. How can you so no to this?

I sent mine this Monday, no response so far.
    I originally had some info stating that you can't compare Colangelo's experience in NBA to the combined experience of Cochrane and Mariner in the MLS and then went on to dissect how Mariner states the excuses of injury for the 14 game winless streak, yet fails to acknowledge that his 4-2-4 run was just after the boys were really coming together at the end of Winter's term. It came across as whiny so I cut it out. I hope I had just enough to hit the nail on the head for comparison of "top guy in his league running the show" to ... what we have in TFC land and THAT needs to change NOW.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really hope the change doesn't come in the form of deVos or Dichio. I want proven leadership.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sent my letter today.
    Dear All,

I am writing to you, as members of the MLSE board to try and wake you up to the disastrous state of affairs at Toronto FC.

Mr Anselmi: I know that you have made yourself accessible to the supporters and have even met with one of my acquaintances recently to discuss the management of the club, and for that I give you credit.
    To the rest of the board: I have heard from other supporters that the feeling is that you view TFC as small potatoes in the family of teams you all manage. I would argue that we, as soccer fans, are more passionate and vociferous and more organized than hockey or basketball fans who appear to meekly accept that their teams will never compete for trophies under MLSE management. I’d advise you to listen to us and take a good look at the management “structure” at Toronto FC. We could be the tip of the iceberg for supporters across the sports teams you own.

I am one of the $50 club, paying a deposit the day after Mo Johnson and Jim Brennan met with us at the Duke of Gloucester in 2006. TFC didn’t even have a name then. I come from this as a season seat holder since the beginning. I attend every home game with my family in the south stand. I have followed soccer in the UK since the early 1970s and in Canada since I moved here in 1989 and consider myself to have a solid knowledge of the sport.

When TFC was founded, it was perfectly understandable to go into the 1st season with just Mo Johnson as GM and Coach. What you, as owners, have since failed to do is to set up a management structure at the club- a person (or persons) to act as the day to day management of the franchise, a person with solid knowledge of MLS and with excellent contacts within the game. We accept that, as owners, you are not soccer people. The fact you had to outsource (to Jurgen Klinnsman) the task of bringing in new management was an admission that you do not have the necessary management/directorship infrastructure at the club.
    Earl Cochrane is not the guy for this role either. He simply is not qualified and is the one common thread back to day 1 at TFC. Hardly a record to be proud of.

You have invested generously in many areas- initially to bring the team to Toronto and since by bringing in DPs, replacing turf with natural grass and most importantly, investing heavily in the excellent academy in Downsview. Your investment in the academy will pay dividends in the longer term and I applaud your vision in this respect.
    However, we find ourselves at the end of Year 6 with the Head Coach and Director of Soccer Operations as one and the same person. Where is the accountability here? It’s akin to having the Toronto Police investigate themselves after a major incident. It's amateurish, there is no accountability and it is destined to fail.

What you absolutely MUST do is appoint a respected soccer person as Director or Soccer at TFC. Let him decide if Paul Mariner is the man to take us forward. If not, let him bring in his contacts as coaching staff.
    I , for one, would sooner see a long term vision with the right people, than give Mariner and Cochrane the "playoffs or pink slip" contract MLSE has them on. As has happened before with the Leafs, MLSE will sell the future for a shot at short term success, and I bet you it too will fail. Signing Eric Hassli to a DP salary when the season was lost already, at the expense of draft picks has MLSE management fingerprints all over it.

I would suggest to you that by appointing the right person as Director of Soccer, you will be taking the first step to right this ship. You need to work with respected people who know the sport in this country to recruit the right person. It may take several months…that’s ok…we are a patient and understanding bunch if we see a long term vision, and know it will take time to fix the issues on and off the field.

There were rumours last week that Adrian Heath of Orlando City was being offered the post of Asst Coach by Mariner with a view to take over in time, presumably with Paul moving upstairs. Once again this is a case of putting the cart in front of the horse. Mariner’s record is as poor as Winter’s, and the way he criticized Aron Winter at the final press conference was embarrassing and nothing short of a character assassination. I was cringing watching it.

Our club is a joke in the MLS world. It used to be the gold standard and the template for other new franchises.

The job of Head Coach at TFC is about in demand right now in the soccer world as the job of taste tester at XL Foods in Alberta.

Many of us are unhappy with Paul Mariner as Coach. I have added some links below that you should take a glance through and assess for yourselves (as educated and smart people) how the supporter base feels about him as the man to take us forward.
    I am attaching some links for your consideration to back up my belief that I view the situation the same way as many others.

These are just links from within the last 48 hours. You can imagine how many there have been over the past several weeks.
    http://www.wakingthered.com/2012/10/30/3578796/mariner-and-cochrane-inspiring-no-one-since-2012

Supporters Groups discussing current management team. If the bedrock of support in the south stand is feeling this angry, it is reasonable to believe that many less –committed supporters’ anger has turned to apathy. Angry people still care. Apathetic people just walk away.
    http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?33003-Mariner-Out-thread

and specific to the press conference at Downsview -30Oct 2012 http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?33006-TFC-post-season-media-scrum&p=1540101#post1540101

Read the comments below this piece http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/2012/10/30/toronto_fc_mls_paul_mariner_earl_cochrane/

Gerry Dobson@SNGerryDobson
    More than 30 years in sports television. I've never heard a management team blame the previous regime quite like this. Wow#TFC.

The reduction in season ticket pricing was a solid first step in appeasing the support base, but this was not the key issue for many of us. TFC simply must create the necssary soccer infrastructure at the club for its long term viability.

Thank you for your consideration and time.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post

---

As a Toronto Raptors fan and season ticket holder, I fully supported the difficult decision that was made by the organization to fire the GM, Mr. Babcock, in hopes of filling the position with a person that could anchor the team and get them moving in the right direction. In my opinion, in 2006, the Raptors took a massive leap forward by hiring Mr. Colangelo. Bringing in a person of Brian’s caliber and giving him a clean slate to work with was critical to rebuilding the Raptors.

The reason I mentioned the Toronto Raptors and Mr. Colangelo is due to the fact that Toronto FC right now are at the same crossroads the Raptors were at in 2006 from a long term organizational perspective. The goals of both organizations were/are to try to make the playoffs in their respective leagues. They were not “compete for the championship” in their respective leagues. It takes a solid foundation of the right players, coaches, play structure and dedication to go from “compete for the playoffs” to “compete for the title”. I want both of my teams to develop all the foundations necessary to eventually become one of the teams that consistently “competes for a title” in their respective leagues. The Toronto Raptors, again in my opinion, are on pace to do that with Mr. Colangelo in place in the next two to three years. Toronto FC, however, are NOT on pace to even make the playoffs with their current coaching, players and play structure.

In 2006, it was time for a change for the Raptors. Key players were on option years or contracts had ended. The team had a significant amount of money to spend given the contract situation as well as the first overall draft pick. The team had many scouts looking in areas all over the world to bring players overlooked by many USA based teams because we could sell Toronto’s multicultural background. All of these tangibles exist today with Toronto FC, from the most allocation money to spend than any other team in the MLS, to contracts on option years or ending, to the first overall pick in the draft. Now is the time to bring in that MLS anchor as President and General Manager just as you did with Mr. Colangelo. It is critical that a person with an exceptional MLS background and contacts be brought in and be allowed to implement people, players and structure as needed to get Toronto FC headed in the direction of “Compete for the title” on a regular basis. I’m not saying we will be able to compete for a title next year even with this change, however, as with the Raptors, we MUST start putting the right people in at the top and let them get us there someday.

Thank you for your time.
    well thought out!
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Belfast_Boy View Post
    I really hope the change doesn't come in the form of deVos or Dichio. I want proven leadership.
    true, but I was impressed with DeVos's Canadain/MLS approach.......much better direction than now ......
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    true, but I was impressed with DeVos's Canadain/MLS approach.......much better direction than now ......
    Derek it can't get much worse than dead last.

my cat could manage a similar record.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Cityboy View Post
    sent my letter today.
    Dear All,

I am writing to you, as members of the MLSE board to try and wake you up to the disastrous state of affairs at Toronto FC.

Mr Anselmi: I know that you have made yourself accessible to the supporters and have even met with one of my acquaintances recently to discuss the management of the club, and for that I give you credit.
    To the rest of the board: I have heard from other supporters that the feeling is that you view TFC as small potatoes in the family of teams you all manage. I would argue that we, as soccer fans, are more passionate and vociferous and more organized than hockey or basketball fans who appear to meekly accept that their teams will never compete for trophies under MLSE management. I’d advise you to listen to us and take a good look at the management “structure” at Toronto FC. We could be the tip of the iceberg for supporters across the sports teams you own.

I am one of the $50 club, paying a deposit the day after Mo Johnson and Jim Brennan met with us at the Duke of Gloucester in 2006. TFC didn’t even have a name then. I come from this as a season seat holder since the beginning. I attend every home game with my family in the south stand. I have followed soccer in the UK since the early 1970s and in Canada since I moved here in 1989 and consider myself to have a solid knowledge of the sport.

When TFC was founded, it was perfectly understandable to go into the 1st season with just Mo Johnson as GM and Coach. What you, as owners, have since failed to do is to set up a management structure at the club- a person (or persons) to act as the day to day management of the franchise, a person with solid knowledge of MLS and with excellent contacts within the game. We accept that, as owners, you are not soccer people. The fact you had to outsource (to Jurgen Klinnsman) the task of bringing in new management was an admission that you do not have the necessary management/directorship infrastructure at the club.
    Earl Cochrane is not the guy for this role either. He simply is not qualified and is the one common thread back to day 1 at TFC. Hardly a record to be proud of.

You have invested generously in many areas- initially to bring the team to Toronto and since by bringing in DPs, replacing turf with natural grass and most importantly, investing heavily in the excellent academy in Downsview. Your investment in the academy will pay dividends in the longer term and I applaud your vision in this respect.
    However, we find ourselves at the end of Year 6 with the Head Coach and Director of Soccer Operations as one and the same person. Where is the accountability here? It’s akin to having the Toronto Police investigate themselves after a major incident. It's amateurish, there is no accountability and it is destined to fail.

What you absolutely MUST do is appoint a respected soccer person as Director or Soccer at TFC. Let him decide if Paul Mariner is the man to take us forward. If not, let him bring in his contacts as coaching staff.
    I , for one, would sooner see a long term vision with the right people, than give Mariner and Cochrane the "playoffs or pink slip" contract MLSE has them on. As has happened before with the Leafs, MLSE will sell the future for a shot at short term success, and I bet you it too will fail. Signing Eric Hassli to a DP salary when the season was lost already, at the expense of draft picks has MLSE management fingerprints all over it.

I would suggest to you that by appointing the right person as Director of Soccer, you will be taking the first step to right this ship. You need to work with respected people who know the sport in this country to recruit the right person. It may take several months…that’s ok…we are a patient and understanding bunch if we see a long term vision, and know it will take time to fix the issues on and off the field.

There were rumours last week that Adrian Heath of Orlando City was being offered the post of Asst Coach by Mariner with a view to take over in time, presumably with Paul moving upstairs. Once again this is a case of putting the cart in front of the horse. Mariner’s record is as poor as Winter’s, and the way he criticized Aron Winter at the final press conference was embarrassing and nothing short of a character assassination. I was cringing watching it.

Our club is a joke in the MLS world. It used to be the gold standard and the template for other new franchises.

The job of Head Coach at TFC is about in demand right now in the soccer world as the job of taste tester at XL Foods in Alberta.

Many of us are unhappy with Paul Mariner as Coach. I have added some links below that you should take a glance through and assess for yourselves (as educated and smart people) how the supporter base feels about him as the man to take us forward.
    I am attaching some links for your consideration to back up my belief that I view the situation the same way as many others.

These are just links from within the last 48 hours. You can imagine how many there have been over the past several weeks.
    http://www.wakingthered.com/2012/10/30/3578796/mariner-and-cochrane-inspiring-no-one-since-2012

Supporters Groups discussing current management team. If the bedrock of support in the south stand is feeling this angry, it is reasonable to believe that many less –committed supporters’ anger has turned to apathy. Angry people still care. Apathetic people just walk away.
    http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?33003-Mariner-Out-thread

and specific to the press conference at Downsview -30Oct 2012 http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?33006-TFC-post-season-media-scrum&p=1540101#post1540101

Read the comments below this piece http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/2012/10/30/toronto_fc_mls_paul_mariner_earl_cochrane/

Gerry Dobson@SNGerryDobson
    More than 30 years in sports television. I've never heard a management team blame the previous regime quite like this. Wow#TFC.

The reduction in season ticket pricing was a solid first step in appeasing the support base, but this was not the key issue for many of us. TFC simply must create the necssary soccer infrastructure at the club for its long term viability.

Thank you for your consideration and time.
    nice, I like the bit about long term future instead of Mariner and Cockrane now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got a response back from Tom two hours after I sent it. Without going too much in detail, in my email I mentioned that I appreciated his responses so I was encouraged to send an email of my own. I highlighted three areas of concern (President of football, open communication and improving game day atmosphere).

Nav
    I have received a number of emails and am doing my best to respond. But thanks for yours , it is not only well articulated but right on the money.
    This year was a huge disappointment. It started with some promise at the Rogers center but quickly unraveled and where we find ourselves is unacceptable. Clearly there is a leadership void at the top of our soccer operation and we are working on that. And I agree, it needs to be someone with experience in the league and a track record of success.
    Without getting into the specifics of your other comments, I agree with them and have already asked the business team to look at every aspect of the operation. We need to turn around the team and then we need to make it and ourselves more accessible to our supporters.
    In the interim, I can tell you we are committed to making that happen and making you proud of this club again. That I promise and I appreciate the patience you have shown and you commitment in helping be part of the solution.
    Thanks
    Tom
    It's a classy move to respond to all the incoming correspondence, especially from an upset constituency. I'm glad he acknowledges the leadership void and the need to resolve this issue. From here actions will speak loudly, but I am pleased that Tom took the time to respond. Until that position is filled, I'll be waiting to see what happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Derek it can't get much worse than dead last.

my cat could manage a similar record.
    Would your cat wear shorts or a suit?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Richard Whittall from The Score, whom I normally diagree with, wrote a decent piece today about the lack of an experienced football president at MLSE.

Worth a read:

http://blogs.thescore.com/footyblog/...at-toronto-fc/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DichioTFC View Post
    I got a response back from Tom two hours after I sent it. Without going too much in detail, in my email I mentioned that I appreciated his responses so I was encouraged to send an email of my own. I highlighted three areas of concern (President of football, open communication and improving game day atmosphere).

It's a classy move to respond to all the incoming correspondence, especially from an upset constituency. I'm glad he acknowledges the leadership void and the need to resolve this issue. From here actions will speak loudly, but I am pleased that Tom took the time to respond. Until that position is filled, I'll be waiting to see what happens.
    good stuff, thanks for posting it.

we must be driving them nuts! what a great frigging idea!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reply from Tom Anselmi - actually gives me some hope that he gets it at last.

Richard
    Thanks for your note and my apologies for not getting back to you sooner.
    I agree with everything you are saying and we are working on putting the right, MLS experienced, executive in place to lead our overall Soccer operations. Aron Winter was set up with those responsibilities but clearly that didn't work out.
    This year was a huge disappointment . What started with such promise in Champions league in March in front of 50,000 fans , quickly digressed. Unacceptable and we are committed to fixing it. I agree with everything in your letter except for one small point. I can assure you that our ownership does not take TFC for granted or think of it is " small potatoes." We believe in soccer and see it as a vital part of MLSE with enormous potential. Clearly we have to most passionate fans in the league and perhaps in Toronto. You built this club and changed the league forever. You have done your job and we owe it to you to put a team on the pitch we are all proud of.
    The right leader is the vital first step and that person will have the authority to determine all people decisions, including head coach.
    Thanks again for the note and thanks for your patience and commitment .
    Have a great weekend
    Tom

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reply from Tom Anselmi - actually gives me some hope that he gets it at last.

Richard
    Thanks for your note and my apologies for not getting back to you sooner.
    I agree with everything you are saying and we are working on putting the right, MLS experienced, executive in place to lead our overall Soccer operations. Aron Winter was set up with those responsibilities but clearly that didn't work out.
    This year was a huge disappointment . What started with such promise in Champions league in March in front of 50,000 fans , quickly digressed. Unacceptable and we are committed to fixing it. I agree with everything in your letter except for one small point. I can assure you that our ownership does not take TFC for granted or think of it is " small potatoes." We believe in soccer and see it as a vital part of MLSE with enormous potential. Clearly we have to most passionate fans in the league and perhaps in Toronto. You built this club and changed the league forever. You have done your job and we owe it to you to put a team on the pitch we are all proud of.
    The right leader is the vital first step and that person will have the authority to determine all people decisions, including head coach.
    Thanks again for the note and thanks for your patience and commitment .
    Have a great weekend
    Tom

love it! they obviously screwed with the wrong people.
    Aron under the bus again. they are sticking to their story.
    the worst part of the recent Mariner stories is his lack of accountability. never thought he was a good choice, but now I don't respect him. no balls in those shorts.
    Last edited by Belfast_Boy; 11-03-2012 at 05:02 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great to hear Mark.

Good stuff man.

GlenM
    "You play to win the game"

Herm Edwards - Former NFL Coach

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tom says an MLS type president will be hired. Can someone follow up with Tom asking if that process has started and when he thinks he will be presented to the fans and media. Hopefully before November 23 when the season ticket deadline ends.

Could Peter Wilt be that president?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moralis View Post
    Tom says an MLS type president will be hired. Can someone follow up with Tom asking if that process has started and when he thinks he will be presented to the fans and media. Hopefully before November 23 when the season ticket deadline ends.

If Tom says we're getting MLS type of president, then Peter Wilt has to be top of their list.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moralis View Post

Already done. Waiting for an answer.
    Peter was brought up and it doesn't sound like its happening. But who knows we will see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

love it! they obviously screwed with the wrong people.
    Aron under the bus again. they are sticking to their story.
    the worst part of the recent Mariner stories is his lack of accountability. never thought he was a good choice, but now I don't respect him. no balls in those shorts.
    Was Aron hired as DIRECTOR of Soccer as well as Head Coach? Can't recall. If not, I'll challenege Tom on that. Agree, again they are throwing Aron undewr the bus.
    Will be happy to go back to Tom with comments and if anyone wants to send me some, rather than write themselves, I'll include.
    Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are some great letters here...I read every single one of them that have been posted. The ball is now in TA's court; lets see how he choose to return the serve.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Already done. Waiting for an answer.
    Peter was brought up and it doesn't sound like its happening. But who knows we will see.

I dont know if we are being snowed or what, or if Tom is just waiting us out on renewal stats, but as I posted on another thread, I spoke with my rep when he called me asking about renewals...I told him to call me back when Mariner is gone or they hire a proper GM/President....he basically told me that its not happening that they have all been told that Mariner is the guy going forward and all soccer related descisions start and stop with him. Not word for word but he was very insistant in telling me that if Im waiting untill deadline to renew, dont count on any changes at the top.......just and FYI

Eagerly awaiting your reply Belfast, but I get this feeling if renewal move well, he's going to F**K us again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was Aron hired as DIRECTOR of Soccer as well as Head Coach? Can't recall. If not, I'll challenege Tom on that. Agree, again they are throwing Aron undewr the bus.
    Will be happy to go back to Tom with comments and if anyone wants to send me some, rather than write themselves, I'll include.
    Cheers
    Agreed, Aron was an all-in-one package.

Clearly, we need someone further up the food chain who is not the coach of the team.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gomesv View Post
    I dont know if we are being snowed or what, or if Tom is just waiting us out on renewal stats, but as I posted on another thread, I spoke with my rep when he called me asking about renewals...I told him to call me back when Mariner is gone or they hire a proper GM/President....he basically told me that its not happening that they have all been told that Mariner is the guy going forward and all soccer related descisions start and stop with him. Not word for word but he was very insistant in telling me that if Im waiting untill deadline to renew, dont count on any changes at the top.......just and FYI

Eagerly awaiting your reply Belfast, but I get this feeling if renewal move well, he's going to F**K us again.
    I hope they are seriously looking for a prez. They will be left with the job of firing Mariner.
    I really doubt I will get an answer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel bad for anyone who thinks Asselmi is going to do anything positive for the club. The guy is about as trustworthy as a used car salesman running for public office.