RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is why the TFC media sucks. A big story about a 3rd division coach not joining the club, yet no news on it.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Miracle in Mexico?

maybe Danny K and Frings will magically start and magically win us this game.
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IT'S GAMEDAY!!!

Regardless of the chances in this match for a win it's the last Champions League game of the round. We don't know when the next could be. I'll be down at Joe's tonight if they have it. If not it'll be Football factory or the Duke.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 10-24-2012 at 09:48 AM.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remember to vote for RPB 2012 Man of the Year. And every vote is an entry for a draw for a TFC Academy journal!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by narduch View Post
    This is why the TFC media sucks. A big story about a 3rd division coach not joining the club, yet no news on it.
    Willful ignorance or indifference?

Either way, it's clear the press is way too comfortable with the club.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Willful ignorance or indifference?

Either way, it's clear the press is way too comfortable with the club.
    I'm not sure what it is. The Star and Globe only cover the team on game days or if the team makes a big announcement (like Frings injury). They don't dig for stories.

Its just sad that a big story is out there and there is no comment from the main stream media.

Imagine if a coach rejected the Leafs?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not an European issue; it's just TFC hasn't hired a well experience manager to run this club. Plus lack of leadership and direction from top (President) makes job harder for managers to be successful in Toronto. Of course, politics in TFC FO is hurting the club as well.

[Euro snob]But I will say one thing: soccer fans in the city aren't going to take a North American soccer coach seriously than they will with an European manager. A lot of soccer fans like TFC to run like an European club than as your average MLS club (example: preferring players from academy over NCAA which I support btw lol)[/Euro snob]
    Last edited by TFC07; 10-24-2012 at 01:51 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I agree Steven Davis is off base there. Who cares if the manager is European flavored or not? North American experience is the main criteria... clearly a few of those guys meet that category.

Where TFC has failed is doing their diligence on potential hires. If they had really dug-in and done their homework, they would have realized guys like Preki and Mariner are bad choices.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so the game is on sports net (rip-off) world now and not sports net. I hope its available online, maybe the Concacaf site?
    Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.
    Roy Keane

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I agree Steven Davis is off base there. Who cares if the manager is European flavored or not? North American experience is the main criteria... clearly a few of those guys meet that category.

Where TFC has failed is doing their diligence on potential hires. If they had really dug-in and done their homework, they would have realized guys like Preki and Mariner are bad choices.
    From my recollection Preki wasnt bad but the transfers from that year were very detrimental to the team's plans to reach the playoffs and almost all of them had Preki's fingerprints on them. IMO, Preki and Mariner are on the same level of "shitness" but Mariner is in a class to himself where we thought nobody could sink below the standards that Preki set, Mariner has set the bar so low that if the team can field 18 players consistently throughout the MLS season the chances are they will surpass the point total for TFC in 2012.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sully View Post
    so the game is on sports net (rip-off) world now and not sports net. I hope its available online, maybe the Concacaf site?
    yes sir
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sully View Post
    Sportsnet One is also airing the game. Its being shown on both channels.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Nope.

Sportsnet One has Detroit vs Minnesota NBA preseason game.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by [NBF] View Post
    Sportsnet One is also airing the game. Its being shown on both channels.

Toronto FC ‏@torontofc Broadcast alert: Wednesday's #CCL match at 8 p.m. ET is now on @Sportsnet World, no longer on Sportsnet One. #TorontoFC #TFC
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's amazing, but I guess not surprising that airing a preseason basketball game on Sportsnet One is more important that showing a "decisive" in quotes Concacaf Champions League game between Toronto FC vs. Santos Laguna.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sportsnet World has the game. As does the Duke.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sort of TFC related, but Rogers posted an $8 million loss on its share of MLSE in the most recent quarter.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe...rticle4633761/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moralis View Post
    It's amazing, but I guess not surprising that airing a preseason basketball game on Sportsnet One is more important that showing a "decisive" in quotes Concacaf Champions League game between Toronto FC vs. Santos Laguna.
    That basketball game is being played in Winnipeg. Plus, no one really cares about TFC anymore. I don't see much media coverage for this game anyways.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by narduch View Post
    Sort of TFC related, but Rogers posted an $8 million loss on its share of MLSE in the most recent quarter.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe...rticle4633761/
    I suspect the lost revenue from the cancelled NHL pre-season and regular season games at the ACC is the primary culprit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Technorgasm View Post
    Miracle in Mexico?

maybe Danny K and Frings will magically start and magically win us this game.
    That's the shiznit!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

makes ya wonder just how much homework they've done on some of these hires. they have to learn some lessons from all this.