Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MLS CCL thread

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mowe View Post
    Good win for Seattle, all credit to them. If Houston holds on against Santos tomorrow (unlikely), maybe Mexican teams will start taking this tournament more seriously and it can turn into something special.
    most Mexican teams are starting to take this tourney seriously. they usually do for knockout rounds. Monterrey apparently sold out their game vs Xelaju earlier today
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Huyton View Post
    Did I read that right?

Viniegra of Tigres gets a yellow card in the 37th minute for kicking the ball away, and 8 minutes later does the same thing, gets another yellow card and Tigres are down to 10 men? What an idiot.

Then, Seattle score 3 goals and Tigres go out.

Where was the referee from? He obviously wasn't putting up with any crap from the Mexicans as he gave their goalie a yellow card for time-wasting in the 35th minute.
    Elmer Bonilla from El Salvador or something. He reffed TFC CCL games IIRC
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Highlights of Seattle - Tigres game
    Last edited by Yohan; 03-13-2013 at 01:17 AM.

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What freaking amazing strikes by Traore and Yedlin, especially. But one still wonders about the outcome had Tigres not received a red card.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow amazing strike by Traore. The announcer got it right don't thi a keeper in this world could have stopped that. By that third goal was a stinker. Bad play by the Tigres keeper. But they threw away a win with the stupidity that was the two yellow cards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lennon View Post
    Tigres' coach looks happy to be out of this competition, lol.
    Epic comeback.
    Yep, he doesn't care. To be fair he probably would have pulled it off if it weren't for the ref. But I'm glad he didn't. I feel sorry for Tigres fans it's just disrespectful to do this to them even in Libertadores he didn't take it seriously.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got goosebumps watching that match. Incredible stuff.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's the ref's fault - Tigres coach (Google translation):

http://translate.google.ca/translate?sl=es&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fmsn.mediotiempo.com%2Ffutb ol%2Fmexico%2Fnoticias%2F2013%2F03%2F12%2Ffue-un-arbitraje-localista-digno-de-concacaf-tuca

Late in the game where he was thrashed 3-1 by the Sounders, the helmsman who has rejected auriazul heavy leave their starters in Mexico, and instead attacked the work of whistling Elmer Bonilla, who in his opinion deserves all adjectives for localism.

"The (loss) is a combination of three factors, and is what gives us the possibility of being eliminated," he said to the media.

"First the expulsion just because two yellow is for misconduct, after two goals, the second the truth until he applauded. And then a third, worth CONCACAF arbitration, terrible, horrible, localist. All adjectives fit into the Mr. arbitration ".

The Brazilian coach said he was hit in the field that allowed improperly, and that ended pesándole your campus.

"I will not devalue the qualification of Seattle, but 12 is a little more difficult. Localist (the referee) and passed over a number of attacks on the opposing team, and gives courage this type of situation. I think the team did not need to Seattle of those things, but who gives bread to cry. "

- Referee's why you do not like this kind of games? - "Who told you I do not like this kind of games?. No, not why, and on the contrary, I like the opportunity to participate in a World Cup. The institution that tops my president, we had every intention of moving to the next stage, and of course there are things in the bad situation we are living today, positive things for the future. "

Ferretti wanted to clarify that it has no aversion Confederation tournaments, but insisted that if he dislikes much compete with the standard of refereeing is presented.

"Not that I like or do not like.'s A tournament you have to participate for being champion and runner. Naturamente the subject of arbitration for many years, and there is this kind of detail in the CONCACAF zone. People mistakes you do not want to participate, and not everyone wants to participate, but we need an arbitration according to what you think, and do not have it. "

- Did you feel helpless in trailing and not have their best players? - "I have great confidence in my group, and if you see the first time before the expulsion were completely dominating the game. Did not have to feel that I needed . About 11 to 11 had the game ... we were well in the game, and unfortunately expulsion expulsion comes to change the game. "

MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's the ref's fault - Tigres coach (Google translation):

http://translate.google.ca/translate?sl=es&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fmsn.mediotiempo.com%2Ffutb ol%2Fmexico%2Fnoticias%2F2013%2F03%2F12%2Ffue-un-arbitraje-localista-digno-de-concacaf-tuca

Late in the game where he was thrashed 3-1 by the Sounders, the helmsman who has rejected auriazul heavy leave their starters in Mexico, and instead attacked the work of whistling Elmer Bonilla, who in his opinion deserves all adjectives for localism.

"The (loss) is a combination of three factors, and is what gives us the possibility of being eliminated," he said to the media.

"First the expulsion just because two yellow is for misconduct, after two goals, the second the truth until he applauded. And then a third, worth CONCACAF arbitration, terrible, horrible, localist. All adjectives fit into the Mr. arbitration ".

The Brazilian coach said he was hit in the field that allowed improperly, and that ended pesándole your campus.

"I will not devalue the qualification of Seattle, but 12 is a little more difficult. Localist (the referee) and passed over a number of attacks on the opposing team, and gives courage this type of situation. I think the team did not need to Seattle of those things, but who gives bread to cry. "

- Referee's why you do not like this kind of games? - "Who told you I do not like this kind of games?. No, not why, and on the contrary, I like the opportunity to participate in a World Cup. The institution that tops my president, we had every intention of moving to the next stage, and of course there are things in the bad situation we are living today, positive things for the future. "

Ferretti wanted to clarify that it has no aversion Confederation tournaments, but insisted that if he dislikes much compete with the standard of refereeing is presented.

"Not that I like or do not like.'s A tournament you have to participate for being champion and runner. Naturamente the subject of arbitration for many years, and there is this kind of detail in the CONCACAF zone. People mistakes you do not want to participate, and not everyone wants to participate, but we need an arbitration according to what you think, and do not have it. "

- Did you feel helpless in trailing and not have their best players? - "I have great confidence in my group, and if you see the first time before the expulsion were completely dominating the game. Did not have to feel that I needed . About 11 to 11 had the game ... we were well in the game, and unfortunately expulsion expulsion comes to change the game. "

Original Spanish: http://msn.mediotiempo.com/futbol/me...-concacaf-tuca
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sigi interview:

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Houston s falling apart. Ouch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Houston was piss. Just a brutal performance.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LA loses at home 2-1 to Monterrey. Now they have to get a win at Estadio Tecnológico, or tie 3-3 or higher.
    They gave up 2 late goals (sound familiar?).

http://www.mlssoccer.com/ccl/news/ar...t-minutes-game

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Upcoming matches:

Seattle @ Santos Laguna, April 9, 8PM. Seattle has to win 1-0, or tie 2-2 or higher.
    LA @ Monterrey, April 10, 10PM. LA has to win 2-0, or tie 3-3 or higher.

It's likely both MLS sides will be eliminated by April 10, leading to an all-Mexican final.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^
    LA has to win right? Monterrey won already. Away goal only in effect if it's all tied up at the end. Meaning, LA has to win by 2 goals.
    RPB Road Warrior: supporting Toronto FC anywhere on planet earth

TM: YYZ Red Patch Army #18, FC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For much of that game vs Monterrey, LA looked much better than when they played us, and not just because Keane was back. Taking Villareal out for Donovan really disrupted their flow and it was downhill from there. He's got another couple weeks before match fitness IMO. If I was an LA fan, I'd be alarmed by how bad things felt apart at the end.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pekduck View Post
    ^
    LA has to win right? Monterrey won already. Away goal only in effect if it's all tied up at the end. Meaning, LA has to win by 2 goals.
    Sorry, that should be 3-3 on aggregate. I hope that clears it up. Same deal with Seattle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like another Mexican final.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CCL: Seattle Sounders arrive in Torreon, believe a comeback vs. Santos Laguna is possible

TORREÓN, Mexico – The Seattle Sounders face a daunting task, but it's one they are confident they can overcome.
    That was the general message from the club as they touched down in Mexico on Sunday night ahead of the second leg of their CONCACAF Champions League semifinal series against Santos Laguna on Tuesday (8 pm ET, Fox Soccer, live chat on MLSsoccer.com).
    Down 1-0 in the series after losing at home last week, Seattle will need to grab a result under hostile conditions if they are to move on to the tournament finals, but they have the belief that they can do just that.
    “A comeback is doable because it’s only one goal,” Mauro Rosales told reporters at Torreón Airport. “The last game, we were in a worse situation and we were able to get past Tigres so we anticipate that we can do the right things to get a result.”

http://www.mlssoccer.com/ccl/news/ar...-laguna-possib

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LA eliminated. Now it's an all-Mexican final.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Monterrey does a threepeat. Comeback victory to win 4-2 vs Santos Laguna

http://www.concacafchampions.com/pag...164362,00.html

http://www.concacafchampions.com/pag...164190,00.html

-Eduardo Galeano