Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Overdramatize much? I don't believe anybody has even said they hate Dunfield. I don't see anyone directing much venom at Dunfield. A bunch of people have said he's a nice guy & tries hard. Maybe upset with his play; or especially that he gets the MVP. But certainly nothing in the ballpark of the massive exaggeration that you brought at the end of your post.
    It's not just this thread, but just the tone of a lot of posts on the forum in general.

EDIT And why do you bring up Frings? Nobody in the whole thread has suggested that Frings should be MVP. I think most people agree what's up with Frings: relatively old & slow; struggled with a couple of injuries including the chronic hip thing which all affected his play a great deal; passes well & good vision especially when fit; sidelined even more under Mariner's "system."
    I bring up Frings because he's the most technical player on the team, yet arguably Dunfield, a 'hack', contributed just as much to the team as Frings did this year. (and I count Frings' injury proneness as a count against him)
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    I invite you to prove that Torsten Frings had better season than Terry Dunfield

I'm all for constructive criticism, but the level of venom that goes into essentially a victimization of a player (and there is at least one every year) is frankly shocking. taking it so personally like Dunfield raped and murdered your sister or something
    Dunfield did what? I heard it was a BMO security guard.......sorry! hehe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm all for constructive criticism, but the level of venom that goes into essentially a victimization of a player (and there is at least one every year) is frankly shocking. taking it so personally like Dunfield raped and murdered your sister or something

I think your the one taking this a little to personal. I never mentioned frings and my statement had less to do with the player and more to do with Toronto fc and its football culture.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    Even naming an MVP after such an awful, lost season, seems kind of self-parodying.

"See that car wreck over there? Well, you were the most valuable part of it! Congratulations!"

- Scott
    That is how I feel. MVP of what??? An MVP who lead us to what? The worst season ever. The fact that he was named an MVP tells you how shit this team was, and this season was. I do not hate dunfield, but from the remarks from the manager to this, this tells me of pure PR bullshit, and this team is full of pure PR bullshit nothign else, 6 years of pure bullshit. We are the worst team in the MLS, and the worst team in Canada by a long shot. Not naming an MVP would have been the way to go. And if you are going to name an MVP then you name one that acctually helped us get us some of the few meager points that we have, Danny K, the one that had the balls to say it like it is, that this team is utter pure shit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well my friend, I have decided to feed you tonight...

If I had a nickle for:
    1. every useless attempted slide tackle
    2. every useless, counterproductive back pass
    3. every wimpy, useless 6 foot pass that boosts his stats
    4. every pull down of an opponent after being beat.
    5. every bad, stupid, clumsy foul
    6. every sad, useless free kick
    7. every bad corner kick
    8. Christ, while we are at it, lets not forget the stupid give aways!
    9. did I mention ducking balls headed toward our goal?
    10. how about turning your back on attempts at our goal?

FROM TERRY DUNFIELD,

I would be rich enough to afford a pair of prawn seats next season.

Oh poor, poor Terry Dunfield - such a victim - oh boy - I think I will cry - he has it soooo bad.... being the coaches pet is such a hard gig. We should have a pity party.... Venom? Really? How about, perhaps, just maybe, the folks that are not on the Terry Dunfield band wagon ACTUALLY WATCH THE GAMES AND KNOW A BIT ABOUT SOCCER??? Is that possible???

You actually think that Terry F. Dunfield is better than Torsten? Really??? Really??? Wow! Unbelievable.

If someone wants to arrange to give Dunfield MVP for marketing reasons, I can live with that. To rip Frings in order to justify this poofball nomination is quite another! Sad, just sad.

Next thing you know, you will be saying he is better than DeRo... How about Koevs? Is he better than Koevs? I guess he must be eh? I mean, lets face it - Dunfield did get the award?
    Last edited by tiberius; 10-23-2012 at 10:54 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*golf clap*

for the record my vote went to Kocic

but I find it amusing that just because I dared to defend Dunfield, I know nothing about soccer
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    Again stop taking shit so personally. Seems like almost every fucking thread you are in you take offence to something. Chill the fuck out
    Again, you're full of shit. I'm in dozens of threads on this board right now from the last two weeks. Point to one where I'm having a discussion with someone absent the humility to admit they made a dumb generalization and you might have a point.

I point it out merely as a matter of fact and because I have ten free seconds. Nothing you say about anything has any significant emotional impact on me; come to think of it, it doesn't have any objective, intellectual impact most of the time either. So don't worry so much; I'm fine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tiberius View Post

If I had a nickle for:
    1. every useless attempted slide tackle
    2. every useless, counterproductive back pass
    3. every wimpy, useless 6 foot pass that boosts his stats
    4. every pull down of an opponent after being beat.
    5. every bad, stupid, clumsy foul
    6. every sad, useless free kick
    7. every bad corner kick
    8. Christ, while we are at it, lets not forget the stupid give aways!
    9. did I mention ducking balls headed toward our goal?
    10. how about turning your back on attempts at our goal?
    You forgot falling over after every tackle and shot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*golf clap*

for the record my vote went to Kocic

but I find it amusing that just because I dared to defend Dunfield, I know nothing about soccer
    Actually Yohan, he didn't say that. He said the people who don't like Dunfield DO know soccer. That doesn't mean by exclusion that those who like Dunfield don't.

I think anyone who's read your posts over time knows you know soccer.

I would however point out that a 10% improvement in passing stats from o ne coach to the next doesn't mean much when you still have poorer stats as a starter than pretty much anyone else in the league. Yes, Frings looks past it and had worse numbers; However, it's arguable that much of that was from actually being involved in the game other than as a positional wheel. Frings' had lower passing percentages because he tried to create something, often out of desparation.

His wheels are gone, but he's still 50 times the footballer Dunfield will ever be.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

jloome, all of your opinions are wrong, and you're a big jerk who's stupid and your big ugly face is as dumb as a butt!

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I`m going to say that Dunfield was the team MVP, but only because he was set up to be by Mariner.

Mariner who dismantled this team mid-season and rebuilt it to such a degree that Dunfield stood out.

Add to that his line-up and substitution decisions, and voila, Thierry Dunfield, MVP.

/thread
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

jloome, all of your opinions are wrong, and you're a big jerk who's stupid and your big ugly face is as dumb as a butt!

- Scott

Is their moderators for moderators?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- Scott

Can we all get along now?!?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by Alonso; 10-24-2012 at 09:42 PM. Reason: I'm an idiot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    It was clearly an attempt to lighten the situation.

Relax.

And actually you should apologise to Yohan for implying that he knows nothing about soccer.

The man has forgotten more about soccer then you will ever understand.

First of all officer nitwit! I knew his statement was a joke, and I was joking aswell.

Secondly I will not be apologizing to anybody that I have`nt insulted their family or religious beliefs, If anybody needs to apologize its Yohan(but thats not necessary,really!.).

And my football(not soccer) pedigree is pretty high with 3 family members that have suited up for the Nats and an inner circle containing a uefaA. but this is not a pissing contest.

Like I said in the other Thread! Some of you take this stuff to seriously.

-Mr Popular.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleUp View Post

First of all officer nitwit! I knew his statement was a joke, and I was joking aswell.

Secondly I will not be apologizing to anybody that I have`nt insulted their family or religious beliefs, If anybody needs to apologize its Yohan(but thats not necessary,really!.).

And my football(not soccer) pedigree is pretty high with 3 family members that have suited up for the Nats and an inner circle containing a uefaA. but this is not a pissing contest.

Like I said in the other Thread! Some of you take this stuff to seriously.

-Mr Popular.

LOL

You win the pissing contest.

Enjoy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    LOL

You win the pissing contest.

Enjoy.

Thank You.

And too indulge you.

I Doubleup on 24/10/2012 apologize to Yohan for any slight I made to his football acumen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleUp View Post
    Thank You.

And too indulge you.

I Doubleup on 24/10/2012 apologize to Yohan for any slight I made to his football acumen.
    That's very big of you.

Thank you for taking the higher ground.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was just adorable!

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

too much PLUR in this thread. do we just hug it out now?

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awarding Terry is liking saying he's the thinnest kid in fat camp and to be honest, I can't think of another player that deserved it given the crappy players that Mariner played. The bar was that low this season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- Scott
    It's true, my family's name before anglicizing it to Loome was Loomeuglydumbasabutt.

I stand mortifyingly corrected.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    It's true, my family's name before anglicizing it to Loome was Loomeuglydumbasabutt.

I stand mortifyingly corrected.
    It's Dutch, yes?

Haha.

- Scott

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't have much to say about this thread,
    I think the MVP of TFC this year were the Die-Hard Supporters whom suffered through a disaster of a year,
    but kept on Supporting and didn't jump off of the bus when things went south.

Perhaps we shouldn't be so critical of others opinions, and not take it so personal.