View Poll Results: With the new prices, will you renew?

Voters
192. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

106 55.21%
  • Only with a management change

39 20.31%
  • No

27 14.06%
  • Already not a SSH

20 10.42%
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    Just checked my account and I have a pair of free tickets to the December 19th game - which is when I'm already in the UK for Xmas. Hmmm....I wonder if I can change the tickets to another game?!
    I am sure if you call your rep they can do that kind of thing fairly easily unless they want to be pricks about it. If you can't though and are not going to use them I could use them to bring my kids since I got a pair for the same game if you are willing. I can buy you a few beverages at a future TFC game in exchange. Just throwing it out there.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Classic MLSE, your free Raptor tickets have to be printed by Friday or else you lose them.

By the way, if anyone doesn't want to use their free tickets, I'd be willing to take them off your hands.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Professor View Post
    I've renewed. Got ticket to Raptors/Orlando Dec 21, and expect that to be the chief return on my investment. And I can't stand the NBA.

Apologies in advance if my personal financial decision has damaged the TFC franchise for years to come.
    You not buying or buying tickets does not make a difference, but if supporters as a group do not buy tickets it will be felt. And I do feel that your type of attitude on the issue has enabled the club to get away with murder, and has diminished the positive pressure supporters could put on the club to preform.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Code Red View Post
    Precisely why I'm holding out. What reason has ML$E given me to renew my season ticket? The fact that they are offering me a "free" ticket to a team they already own and operate? A team from a sport I don't care about whatsoever?

I have not been contacted by my rep but if I was to receive a call or an e-mail my very first question would be "What reason has this organization given me to make me think 2013 will be different from 2012? Name one reason for me".

If I go to a used car dealership and the dealer tells me that the car was involved in an accident at one point but that it has been fixed to perfection, can I trust that this car will run smoothly in the foreseeable future? To me that's what ML$E is trying to sell here. It's damaged goods topped off with an air freshener (Raptors tix, Montreal away game, etc). It's being done for a reason and that reason is to salvage the increasingly irritated fan base. It's a clever attempt but doesn't address the issues plauging this club. Now if Anselmi would introduce a GM/President that is suitable for the role, it would show me that ML$E is trying to get their house in order and I would definitely consider renewing. Until then, I will continue to hold out until the deadline comes and passes. Single tickets are, afterall, a dime a dozen.
    That is way I see it, and what I am waiting for. I have to say that for a little while I thought they had done something positive with Winter. But clearly that did not last.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    I am sure if you call your rep they can do that kind of thing fairly easily unless they want to be pricks about it. If you can't though and are not going to use them I could use them to bring my kids since I got a pair for the same game if you are willing. I can buy you a few beverages at a future TFC game in exchange. Just throwing it out there.

Nope. I just got a reply from my ticket rep and he said that they can't change the date because they have no control over the Raptor's ticket inventory.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Primavera View Post
    Nope. I just got a reply from my ticket rep and he said that they can't change the date because they have no control over the Raptor's ticket inventory.
    MLSE has no control over their own tickets. LOL. That's a total crock of shit.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well that sucks. They have no control over it but they were somehow able to post them in your Account Manager without that control. They were probably told to not get into switching dates for people so it doesn't become a logistical nightmare for them....who knows....could just be taking the prick route too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great incentive by MLSE. Get your TFC tickets early so you can have free tickets to a Raptors game that you can't attend! Woohoo!

They HAVE to realise that a lot of people won't be able to use Raps tickets in December, right? ML$E sure are clever arseholes

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well that sucks. They have no control over it but they were somehow able to post them in your Account Manager without that control. They were probably told to not get into switching dates for people so it doesn't become a logistical nightmare for them....who knows....could just be taking the prick route too.
    They are giving away tickets to the December games that aren't popular. They KNOW a lot of people are out of town from the middle of December onwards, or have other commitments (work functions etc). They KNOW that a lot of people aren't going to be able to use their "free" tickets and will let them slide. This isn't incentive to renew - this is complete crap from MLSE.

They KNOW that if they ACTUALLY wanted to give away tickets, they could easily give away "vouchers" that you can redeem for Raptors games when you can attend. Not give away tickets to games that a lot of people aren't going to be able to get to. I'm pissed off now, its official!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great incentive by MLSE. Get your TFC tickets early so you can have free tickets to a Raptors game that you can't attend! Woohoo!

They HAVE to realise that a lot of people won't be able to use Raps tickets in December, right? ML$E sure are clever arseholes
    Another interesting thing...I have accessible tickets in 214A at BMO Field because my wife needs a wheelchair from time to time for her disability. So TFC gives me two regular seats at the ACC. They should really be taking disability seating into account. Hopefully my wife will not be in a wheelchair that day or she can't go. Chances are, the way things have been recently, she will be ok that day to walk or with a cane maybe so I haven't decided yet if I am going to tear a strip off of TFC for the seating arrangement.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I emailed my rep about the tickets and this is the reply:

At this point, we are not able to change the dates of the Raptors tickets. If this issue is brought to me by another Season Seat Holder that has a game in November or late January than we will see if we can make a switch.

Thanks, your patience is appreciated.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

become an RPB proper, get access to the Members Only section, swap your tickets with someone else in the thread going on in there and quit yer bellyachin'.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why isn't my free stuff better?
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another interesting thing...I have accessible tickets in 214A at BMO Field because my wife needs a wheelchair from time to time for her disability. So TFC gives me two regular seats at the ACC. They should really be taking disability seating into account. Hopefully my wife will not be in a wheelchair that day or she can't go. Chances are, the way things have been recently, she will be ok that day to walk or with a cane maybe so I haven't decided yet if I am going to tear a strip off of TFC for the seating arrangement.
    I'd contact the ticket reps on this. They'd be extremely foolish to not accommodate you and your wife immediately. What may happen is you may be asked to approach the ticket booth/ gameday assistance and they will direct you to accessible seating they always keep open.

I've down this multiple occasions at BMO with a broken leg. I didn't always sit in the same area but that was fine with me. They relocated friends that accompanied me to the matches as well. I don't see why their policy should be any different for the Raps.

If you feel mistreated after the match please relate your story here as well as with the club.

Enjoy.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Why isn't my free stuff better?
    You're right.

If people will eat up the tripe that TFC serves (and pay for it to boot) why on earth would they complain about the "free" stuff they're being given?

Why isn't my soccer team better?

Answer: They don't have to be. There are tons of people that will buy anything. LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by v00d00daddy View Post
    You're right.

If people will eat up the tripe that TFC serves (and pay for it to boot) why on earth would they complain about the "free" stuff they're being given?

Answer: They don't have to be. There are tons of people that will buy anything. LOL
    I'm a satisfied TFC SSH as long as they give me free stuff! Wahoo!

I mean, I just SPENT money and got FREE stuff! Isn't that awesome?!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TOBOR ! View Post
    become an RPB proper, get access to the Members Only section, swap your tickets with someone else in the thread going on in there and quit yer bellyachin'.
    Since when was the Ticket Trader forum members-only?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just checked my account and I have a pair of free tickets to the December 19th game - which is when I'm already in the UK for Xmas. Hmmm....I wonder if I can change the tickets to another game?!
    I was in the same situation. I called my rep (Mairin) and she was very helpful. While she can't change the ticket herself, she put me in touch with someone who wants to change his ticket so facilitated a swap that works for both of us.
    Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.
    Roy Keane

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by v00d00daddy View Post
    You're right.

I am amazed that so many supporters still do not get it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    I am amazed that so many supporters still do not get it.
    As are we all.

This year's Town Halls for STH have been scheduled for:

Monday, November 19th
    6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
    7:45 p.m. - 8:45 p.m.
    Wednesday, November 21st
    6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.*
    7:45 p.m. - 8:45 p.m.

*For the convenience of those who are unable to attend any of the noted times, this session will be streamed live with the approximately two thirds of the questions coming from a live online chat.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    Since when was the Ticket Trader forum members-only?
    it's not. I was referring to the raptor ticket thread in the member's only section already on the go.

but yes - there is the Ticket forum - good idea - hopefully T-boy can solve his issue there.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2/3's of the q's coming from live chat, because they can get TFC generated questions asked that way to protect them from tough questions on captured video.

well played TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    2/3's of the q's coming from live chat, because they can get TFC generated questions asked that way to protect them from tough questions on captured video.

well played TFC.
    Wow. Not surprising, but just wow. Also worth noting this comment was in very small print at the bottom of the email.

EDIT: Just re-read it - it's only one session

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well played TFC.
    As mentioned, it's only one of four sessions. Probably useful for some 75-Mile Bastard types & others who can't make it to a mid-week evening date for the Town Halls.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    Wow. Not surprising, but just wow. Also worth noting this comment was in very small print at the bottom of the email.

EDIT: Just re-read it - it's only one session
    Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    As mentioned, it's only one of four sessions. Probably useful for some 75-Mile Bastard types & others who can't make it to a mid-week evening date for the Town Halls.

I think that's what they want you to think TBH. The other 3 sessions won't be recorded correct? Yes long distance SSH can join, great, but the questions will mostly be canned, this I do not doubt.

This isn't some cynical anti-MLSE thinking, this is extremely common in corporate webcasting with Q&A across just about everything. I've been on both sides of this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool, I can then pay for something I'm getting for free!
    Last edited by T-boy; 11-13-2012 at 06:45 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's not. I was referring to the raptor ticket thread in the member's only section already on the go.

but yes - there is the Ticket forum - good idea - hopefully T-boy can solve his issue there.
    I started a thread in the ticket forum, I'll see what happens. Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so anyone want to renew now that the Blue Jays are pretending to be WS contenders? Holy crap. I'll gladly spend my summer at the Dome instead of BMO. Any wavering thought of renewal is dead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so anyone want to renew now that the Blue Jays are pretending to be WS contenders? Holy crap. I'll gladly spend my summer at the Dome instead of BMO. Any wavering thought of renewal is dead.
    I'd rather watch paint dry...can't stand baseball

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was on the fence about grabbing a Jays 10-game flex pack. This might change my mind.

This should be a lesson to TFC. Actions speak louder than words. I though the Jays fanbase was starting to lose hope, and the potential move brings the hope back. TFC on the other hand makes moves that make even the most ardent optimist lose hope. Hope in Mariner + Cochrane? No way.