View Poll Results: With the new prices, will you renew?

Voters
192. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

106 55.21%
  • Only with a management change

39 20.31%
  • No

27 14.06%
  • Already not a SSH

20 10.42%
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by asterix606 View Post
    Regardless, it's still a douchebag move, from douchebag MLSE!
    It's an opportunity. Not a guarantee. Life is full of them and one is not entitled to them.

See you round. Just not in the stadium.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DangerRed View Post
    This is a GREAT article. Unusual for CSN, which I don't rate very highly (due to Duane Rollins in particular) but Ben Knight nails it here. Hope Wheeler and some others around here read it. Posting for ease of readership:

Dear Toronto FC season ticket holders:

<snip>
    It's better to link the article at http://www.canadiansoccernews.com/co...ticket-holders
    and put some quotes here, rather than copying the whole article. Bloggers are also interested in hits.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ben Knight works far too hard for Canadian soccer to not get the hits for each read, I agree, just link that stuff.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    It's better to link the article at http://www.canadiansoccernews.com/co...ticket-holders
    and put some quotes here, rather than copying the whole article. Bloggers are also interested in hits.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    Ben Knight works far too hard for Canadian soccer to not get the hits for each read, I agree, just link that stuff.
    You mean like the link I had at the very top of my post, right? Thanks, forums police!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You mean like the link I had at the very top of my post, right? Thanks, forums police!
    Still against the cause by posting it here, but thanks for making everyone's life one click easier and not helping the guys who fight tooth and nail for soccer in our country.

lol get over yourself.

As for the other topic at hand, I think Light Grey's will not be as hard to come by as people think.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're very welcome, any time, no problem! I like to be the language police as well. Look up the meaning of "rather than."

I agree with the other issue raised. I feel there will be some light greys available (hoping of course that TFC doesn't unfairly hold back all the cheap seats from relocation, intending to sell them to new season ticket holders instead). At least there should be medium greys available: those are $475 each instead of $760 for dark greys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you really want to buy a ticket for another cruise?
    But think of the adventures you'll miss!!

I ought know. I once bought a ticket for a three-hour cruise crewed by Skipper and Gilligan.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 11-08-2012 at 02:49 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ben Knight summed up how I feel quite nicely.

I wish there were no renewals. That would make them wake up.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Renewed against doctors orders...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forgive me for the slight derail but this seems a good a place as any, as someone who only arrived in Toronto summer of last year I'm looking to get season tickets for the first time this year. Is there any chance that I'll be able to get them in the reasonable priced category or do newcomers get a higher price than renewals and limited to the expensive seats? I really don't think I'd bother if I had to pay near 500 dollars.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    Forgive me for the slight derail but this seems a good a place as any, as someone who only arrived in Toronto summer of last year I'm looking to get season tickets for the first time this year. Is there any chance that I'll be able to get them in the reasonable priced category or do newcomers get a higher price than renewals and limited to the expensive seats? I really don't think I'd bother if I had to pay near 500 dollars.
    Renwal price is a lot lower than the price for a new ticket holder. Especially since they set the renewal price back to year one this year. This should give you an idea what prices will be for you:

http://www.theaircanadacentre.com/as...atingChart.pdf

They might be a bit higher this year though, wouldn't surprise me if they bump them.

Worth noting - at the new STH price, you will probably be able to attend games of the secondary market for less that a season ticket prices.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So for the 3rd year in a row I sold my 2 tickets in 105 to a willing buyer. The last 2 seasons I went with partial packs in 127 and saved myself a whole bunch of money compared to my seasons. With the year 1 roll back prices it will be interesting what they will charge for the partials this year, assuming they offer them again. I may not get the good deal that I have been getting when compared to the roll back prices.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    Renwal price is a lot lower than the price for a new ticket holder. Especially since they set the renewal price back to year one this year. This should give you an idea what prices will be for you:

http://www.theaircanadacentre.com/as...atingChart.pdf

They might be a bit higher this year though, wouldn't surprise me if they bump them.

Worth noting - at the new STH price, you will probably be able to attend games of the secondary market for less that a season ticket prices.
    I'll be surprised if they sell seats at a higher price to first time buyers.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I renewed. I renewed and promptly sold my season ticket package to Ricky_Portugal here on the boards. I might even be able to snap up another seat for him.

Myself, I'm still gonna come out to the odd game at BMO and will have the Season Opener in Montreal to look forward to. I'm definitely not turning my back on this club.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

RPB 2019 Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i renewed
    got a great price because i would have paid more since i would have renewed anyways --- i am not giving up on our team
    even got a pair of free raptors tickets
    and since i paid for my tickets with my new bmo/tfc mastercard i will get a free shirt next spring
    thanks mlse for giving me free stuff
    wow 2016 and things are looking up --- come on you reds lets go

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoPat View Post
    I'll be surprised if they sell seats at a higher price to first time buyers.
    Why would you be surprised? They have always charged new season seat holders more than existing season seat holders.

The real question is what will they charge this season to new season seat holders. As an example, in the south end, surely it has to be closer to the new price of $190 than the old price of $361.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am making them wait it out...and I am still going to ask for the free stuff. I got an email Friday and call, after i wrote my account rep why I may not renew my 6 seats.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not renewing because I wanna be a part of the group of people that helped to force this clubs hand and finally start making decisions to create a successful team. They're nowhere near that yet and the only thing that will bring change is a continued lack of interest from once diehard supporters.

I will follow this team and hope for their success forever but I will no longer be a part of the Front Office's security blanket.

I keep reading people say that they won't "turn their back on this team".

I see it differently. I think people who renewed because of the price decrease, or free jersey, or raptor tickets or whatever other shiny distraction the FO has offered need to realize that the FO has only given these things as a result of people in 2010, 2011 and now in 2012 NOT RENEWING.

They're the ones we should all be thanking for any change at TFC. Not the Front office. Not the players. Not the coaches. The only thing forcing change is the lack lustre renewal period.

So.....renewing actually helps nothing and while renewers may not be "turning their back on the team", they're certainly working against positive change.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by v00d00daddy View Post
    I'm not renewing because I wanna be a part of the group of people that helped to force this clubs hand and finally start making decisions to create a successful team. They're nowhere near that yet and the only thing that will bring change is a continued lack of interest from once diehard supporters.

I will follow this team and hope for their success forever but I will no longer be a part of the Front Office's security blanket.

I keep reading people say that they won't "turn their back on this team".

I see it differently. I think people who renewed because of the price decrease, or free jersey, or raptor tickets or whatever other shiny distraction the FO has offered need to realize that the FO has only given these things as a result of people in 2010, 2011 and now in 2012 NOT RENEWING.

They're the ones we should all be thanking for any change at TFC. Not the Front office. Not the players. Not the coaches. The only thing forcing change is the lack lustre renewal period.

So.....renewing actually helps nothing and while renewers may not be "turning their back on the team", they're certainly working against positive change.
    If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just got my tickets for Game vs Nets Dec 12 section 110M. I wonder if they are going to spread out the "free" tickets over a few games, if everyone renews they'd have. Anyone else get their free Raps tickets yet?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just realized that the price of the "free" ticket for season seat holders is $90. The free jersey from BMO (if authentic) will have a value in the neighbourhood of $100, so does that make my $190 season ticket free??? HAHAHAHAA just kidding.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    I just realized that the price of the "free" ticket for season seat holders is $90. The free jersey from BMO (if authentic) will have a value in the neighbourhood of $100, so does that make my $190 season ticket free??? HAHAHAHAA just kidding.
    Only in ML$E marketing-land are your tickets free. I think we all know that!
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    I just got my tickets for Game vs Nets Dec 12 section 110M. I wonder if they are going to spread out the "free" tickets over a few games, if everyone renews they'd have. Anyone else get their free Raps tickets yet?
    Just checked my account and I have a pair of free tickets to the December 19th game - which is when I'm already in the UK for Xmas. Hmmm....I wonder if I can change the tickets to another game?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For those who know, do you get a raps ticket for each of your tfc tix? I have 4 tfc seats, so will I get 4 raps tix or just a pair?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got a pair Vs Detroit on the 19th and now I only own one season seat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sibooo View Post
    For those who know, do you get a raps ticket for each of your tfc tix? I have 4 tfc seats, so will I get 4 raps tix or just a pair?
    its one pair per account.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just recvd a pair of tix for Dec 14 against the Mavs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

That is it, I am sorry but as well intentioned as anyone renewing tickets may be, I truly believe they are hurting the team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've renewed. Got ticket to Raptors/Orlando Dec 21, and expect that to be the chief return on my investment. And I can't stand the NBA.

Apologies in advance if my personal financial decision has damaged the TFC franchise for years to come.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    That is it, I am sorry but as well intentioned as anyone renewing tickets may be, I truly believe they are hurting the team.
    Precisely why I'm holding out. What reason has ML$E given me to renew my season ticket? The fact that they are offering me a "free" ticket to a team they already own and operate? A team from a sport I don't care about whatsoever?

I have not been contacted by my rep but if I was to receive a call or an e-mail my very first question would be "What reason has this organization given me to make me think 2013 will be different from 2012? Name one reason for me".

If I go to a used car dealership and the dealer tells me that the car was involved in an accident at one point but that it has been fixed to perfection, can I trust that this car will run smoothly in the foreseeable future? To me that's what ML$E is trying to sell here. It's damaged goods topped off with an air freshener (Raptors tix, Montreal away game, etc). It's being done for a reason and that reason is to salvage the increasingly irritated fan base. It's a clever attempt but doesn't address the issues plauging this club. Now if Anselmi would introduce a GM/President that is suitable for the role, it would show me that ML$E is trying to get their house in order and I would definitely consider renewing. Until then, I will continue to hold out until the deadline comes and passes. Single tickets are, afterall, a dime a dozen.