View Poll Results: With the new prices, will you renew?

Voters
192. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

106 55.21%
  • Only with a management change

39 20.31%
  • No

27 14.06%
  • Already not a SSH

20 10.42%
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I voted yes before, I will vote yes again. For personal reasons alone I base my vote.

I would like to see a plan or accountability as far as club direction. The price drop is great but I am more concerned about the revolving door and the constantly changing direction of the on field 'product'.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only if the TRIO OF FAIL is gone...which ain't gonna happen...so I'll just pick up single game tickets like this year....there will be plenty of them....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has TFC announced the single game pricing? Sorry if I missed it.

This year it was $27 + $41 in the yellows. I'm wondering what it will be next year. Surely they can't sell a $10 ticket for $27 + service charges to the general public.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm out.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    that would be a fact if you lived there, which you don't. It's still a false economy. A pineapple in Hawaii might cost a quarter, but if it's costs $2 here than THAT is the price of it. I can't fly to Hawaii every time I want a pineapple. The same could be said about a cup of coffee in Columbia or bottle of wine in France.
    That's true - unless you happen to be in Hawaii for a family visit/business as was stated, then a pineapple does in fact cost a quarter. If you're in Hawaii just for the pineapple that's one thing, if you're there anyway and decide you want a pineapple that's something completely different.

As for the topic - I'll be back next year. I have this pipedream about bringing my daughter to games reguarly and I think the easiest way to do this is seasons. I think this price decrease has bought them only one more season though.
    TFC management changes: "like adding a new fish to your aquarium of failure." - Shakes

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I voted yes.

I voted on the fence in the last poll. It depended on TFC dropping ticket prices to season 1 pricing. I didn't think they would actually do it and I was ready to drop my tickets.
    Then they went and dropped the prices to what I wanted.

I always knew that TFC would be shitty soccer. I never imagined I would care as much as I do now about how crappy our team is.
    At the time I bought my tickets, Season 1 pricing was acceptable for me because I knew it would be a place I could go to on a Saturday Afternoon and talk footy with other people while we laughed at how bad local footy was. As the price increased, it became more clear to me that I was wasting my money, but continued on because of the friendships I made with the other people around me.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I voted last time I was going to be out but since it dropped to $190 per seat for me I will pick them up again I think for at least another year. I really didn't want to lose my seats because I love where I am and who I sit with but financially it wasn't going to make sense for me if the prices stayed the same. I want change for the team too and there will be change as there always is...good or bad...who knows. The main stumbling block for me was always price. I am not ready to give up on the team yet even though it is a tough go these days being a TFC fan...

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by narduch View Post
    Single seats same price as this year. Only SSH get the "Deal".

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This year it was $27 + $41 in the yellows. I'm wondering what it will be next year. Surely they can't sell a $10 ticket for $27 + service charges to the general public.
    Quote Originally Posted by sulfur View Post
    Where is the single seat info from? On the season ticket renewal page, they mention that there will be "dynamic" pricing for single tickets next year. Under 06 Payment: "Dynamic Pricing determines the single ticket selling price on Ticketmaster, based on factors such as market demand, day of week, opponent, and time of year."

So I can't imagine the prices being the exact same as this year. Perhaps the initial target price will be the same, but it will vary I guess. If the team is as bad as this year, probably the single ticket prices will be lower, especially for the poorly-attended games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The prices went down because attendance has been down and people have already been dropping seats over the last couple years.

So, if/when TFC start to see a decent renewal they'll be very happy.

So I don't think any other changes will be coming. As in, mariner and co being fired.

That's why I won't renew.

It seems that the only thing that inspires change in our FO is people staying home.

I didn't think 180 bucks would be enough to sway people who were sitting on the fence.

Oh well.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by v00d00daddy View Post
    The prices went down because attendance has been down and people have already been dropping seats over the last couple years.

So, if/when TFC start to see a decent renewal they'll be very happy.

So I don't think any other changes will be coming. As in, mariner and co being fired.

That's why I won't renew.

It seems that the only thing that inspires change in our FO is people staying home.

I didn't think 180 bucks would be enough to sway people who were sitting on the fence.

Oh well.
    I understand where you are coming from.
    Reducing prices is not the solution to this teams problems.

That said, I think it suggests something positive...
    The team knows they are in trouble and something needs to be done.
    Reducing prices just helps keep people on board while they make the necessary changes.
    There's no way the club isn't working hard to turn their fortunes around.
    They know that it will be a complete disaster if they don't start winning.

For that reason, I will renew with the hope that they are making their best effort to fix things.
    I may not have renewed (or at least dropped one seat) if they had not dropped prices.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

too bad renewals don't have the option to wait and see the offseason moves first

you wouldn't buy the 2014 xyz car now without even seeing it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ben - D.O.W. View Post
    That's true - unless you happen to be in Hawaii for a family visit/business as was stated, then a pineapple does in fact cost a quarter. If you're in Hawaii just for the pineapple that's one thing, if you're there anyway and decide you want a pineapple that's something completely different.

As for the topic - I'll be back next year. I have this pipedream about bringing my daughter to games reguarly and I think the easiest way to do this is seasons. I think this price decrease has bought them only one more season though.
    Season 6 - "Reducing Support To Only The Certifiably Insane"
    Season 7 - "How you like them Pineapples"

I'd sign up for Pineapples at $190 a year. I won't be able to. Whatever the poll says, these will be sold out. I'm not paying the higher prices for Pineapples from a different section of the farm.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    too bad renewals don't have the option to wait and see the offseason moves first

That makes me think of the 'free' jersey with the credit card offer.

How do we know it won't be ugly? What if it ends up being that stupid bra strap jersey?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cmonyoureds View Post
    Season 6 - "Reducing Support To Only The Certifiably Insane"
    Season 7 - "How you like them Pineapples"

I'd sign up for Pineapples at $190 a year. I won't be able to. Whatever the poll says, these will be sold out. I'm not paying the higher prices for Pineapples from a different section of the farm.
    Come back to 111 - the pineapples are only slightly more expensive.
    TFC management changes: "like adding a new fish to your aquarium of failure." - Shakes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sulfur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Where is the single seat info from? On the season ticket renewal page, they mention that there will be "dynamic" pricing for single tickets next year. Under 06 Payment: "Dynamic Pricing determines the single ticket selling price on Ticketmaster, based on factors such as market demand, day of week, opponent, and time of year."

So I can't imagine the prices being the exact same as this year. Perhaps the initial target price will be the same, but it will vary I guess. If the team is as bad as this year, probably the single ticket prices will be lower, especially for the poorly-attended games.
    If you look at the season seat package under payment options...the final 'option' (not really an option) is called dynamic pricing...they have introduced this with the Raptors this season...basically it means that games will be sold at $27 (supporters section), but as the games get closer to the date, they have a computer system that analyzes everything from weather, how the team is doing in the season, kickoff time, to how ticket sales are going, to what are tickets on the secondary market (stub hub etc..) are selling at, and the game day price will be readjusted to reflect the market demand; (tfc has put a fail switch in, to make sure season ticket holders do not get undercut, meaning season ticket price; the $27 ticket costing SSH $10, will never be individually sold by TFC at that price or lower)...at the same time, should ticket sales for whatever reason be going well (ala beckham), the system is designed to raise prices as well...basically we will see single game ticket sales try to best maximize the most revenue

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dynamic pricing is a great way to piss off your customers.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That makes me think of the 'free' jersey with the credit card offer.

How do we know it won't be ugly? What if it ends up being that stupid bra strap jersey?
    Yes. Sports renewals now with gauranteed success and time machines (2014 Delorean?)
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dynamic pricing is a natural evolution of Tom's "market demand" commentary when it comes to TFC, so no big surprise.

Thing is dynamic pricing doesn't factor in street scalper pricing...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you look at the season seat package under payment options...the final 'option' (not really an option) is called dynamic pricing...they have introduced this with the Raptors this season...basically it means that games will be sold at $27 (supporters section), but as the games get closer to the date, they have a computer system that analyzes everything from weather, how the team is doing in the season, kickoff time, to how ticket sales are going, to what are tickets on the secondary market (stub hub etc..) are selling at, and the game day price will be readjusted to reflect the market demand; (tfc has put a fail switch in, to make sure season ticket holders do not get undercut, meaning season ticket price; the $27 ticket costing SSH $10, will never be individually sold by TFC at that price or lower)...at the same time, should ticket sales for whatever reason be going well (ala beckham), the system is designed to raise prices as well...basically we will see single game ticket sales try to best maximize the most revenue

Jeepers Murphy,

They can do all that research/marketing/analytics/legalized witchcraft/dart throwing to figure out the $'s and pennies. However we seem to hire the managers based on people taking a number and yelling "next", only after the "we'll get to that manager guy in the off-season" approach.

Should indicate something about the priorities here, shouldn't it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cmonyoureds View Post
    Jeepers Murphy,

They can do all that research/marketing/analytics/legalized witchcraft/dart throwing to figure out the $'s and pennies. However we seem to hire the managers based on people taking a number and yelling "next", only after the "we'll get to that manager guy in the off-season" approach.

Should indicate something about the priorities here, shouldn't it?
    they don't do it, they have bought a system, likely Qcue or one of their competitors that does the work for them

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

was thinking about how things would have changed.

very interesting..... money talks, bs....... how does it go?

for the record I was renewing before the price drop.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a quick question to see if this would modify the answers to the poll:

How many of you would renew if you knew that Cochrane was the next TFC President?

I have this nagging suspicion that as soon as SSH renewals are completed, Anselmi is going to announce Cochrane is the new Prez. Isn't there some saying about a rizing tide lifting boats?

If that's the case, you'd better make sure you ask you representatives whether you can ask for a SSH refund...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cochrane is only a pariah on supporter forums.

The general season ticket holder probably has no idea who he is.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if that happened the number outside Gate 4 would be bigger.

I'm sticking around. I'll continue to be a pain in the ass until they get it right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DangerRed View Post
    Dynamic pricing is a natural evolution of Tom's "market demand" commentary when it comes to TFC, so no big surprise.

Thing is dynamic pricing doesn't factor in street scalper pricing...

It just occurred to me that this ticket reduction for renewals and not single game tickets, using this dynamic pricing was probably mostly (or at least in part) an attempt to reward and get the scalpers to all renew there tickets since they will be picking up $10 tickets with a $20 face value for example.

That can be very tempting for a scalper. Guarantees a larger profit on a sold ticket at face value. Helps muddy the water on the value of a ticket for the average Joe.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC FO must have received a few complaints over all the Groupon/travelzoo type sales.

Adding that disclaimer is a way to let the SSH know they are always paying the least.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    It just occurred to me that this ticket reduction for renewals and not single game tickets, using this dynamic pricing was probably mostly (or at least in part) an attempt to reward and get the scalpers to all renew there tickets since they will be picking up $10 tickets with a $20 face value for example.

That can be very tempting for a scalper. Guarantees a larger profit on a sold ticket at face value. Helps muddy the water on the value of a ticket for the average Joe.
    I'd imagine that the club wants as many of the 190 dollar seasons seat holders to renew to avoid giving the ssh with more expensive seats the option to downgrade.

That was another reason why I decided not to renew.

They made the cheapest seats the most attractive discount not to reward the supporters section people but to avoid giving people with more expensive seats too many options to downgrade.

I'm sorry...but anybody who thinks that the fo slashed supporters seats prices out of the goodness of their hearts and to reward the supporters is kidding themselves.

Do they really think we've forgotten that the supporters seats doubled in price in 5 years? Lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC FO must have received a few complaints over all the Groupon/travelzoo type sales.

Adding that disclaimer is a way to let the SSH know they are always paying the least.
    I raised this when I got the call from my rep. I said I found it insulting that they undercut their most loyal customers. She sounded like she had heard this before.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by v00d00daddy View Post
    I'd imagine that the club wants as many of the 190 dollar seasons seat holders to renew to avoid giving the ssh with more expensive seats the option to downgrade.
    The beauty of the renewal process (for them) is that there is no transparency, and nothing says they have to release all the un-renewed tickets back to the relocation event. I can't see them allowing all the cheaper tickets for relocation, and create the potential for a further massive revenue drop when people downgrade their tickets en mass.

For them, the best thing to do would be release enough cheap tickets at relocation to avoid raising suspicion and then re-sell the rest to potential new STH's at full price.