View Poll Results: With the new prices, will you renew?

Voters
192. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

106 55.21%
  • Only with a management change

39 20.31%
  • No

27 14.06%
  • Already not a SSH

20 10.42%
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We really need to have two different polls - one for the supporters section and one for the rest of BMO. Cos really, there isn't a reason NOT to renew if you are in the yellow section. Ten bucks a game would still be a deal in the English non league! But the side sections really are different and you would need some REAL motivation to be paying a couple of thousand for a pair of tickets. I renewed my 113 section seat cos I won't get any better deal for a summer's worth of live football anywhere else. If was paying $500 plus as in other sections, I wouldnt feel the same tho.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cutting the cord. Never thought I would see the day.

Today is my last day as a TFC SSH. When the day ends, the renewal period is over, and I will be gone.

I was a day one ticket holder. I have had 2-4 good seats. I spent approximately $25K on these seats.

There were definitely some great games, and good times. It wasn't all wasted. Love this board. Met some people and made some friends on this board (some of whom, I don't even know who they are, but I think of them as friends, how weird is that!). I'll be around here, although maybe not as much.

I will go to a couple of games next year, because I still care, but that's it, unless the team starts playing a lot better. I intend to buy in the secondary market here, will try to help out those SSHs who are sticking with it.

Maybe I'll buy lots of tickets in the future, maybe I'll even be back as an SSH some day. I know I could always get caught up in it.

I'm not bitter. However we all got here is in the past.

But it'll never be the same, now that I've taken this step. It'll never be my team again, quite the same way.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah yeah, didn't realize this is the end. Expecting a last ditch effort to call me today...with a call in Feb asking if I would want to join up as a new SSH! lolz.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    We really need to have two different polls - one for the supporters section and one for the rest of BMO. Cos really, there isn't a reason NOT to renew if you are in the yellow section. Ten bucks a game would still be a deal in the English non league! But the side sections really are different and you would need some REAL motivation to be paying a couple of thousand for a pair of tickets. I renewed my 113 section seat cos I won't get any better deal for a summer's worth of live football anywhere else. If was paying $500 plus as in other sections, I wouldnt feel the same tho.
    Yup, that's what I'm dealing with in section 121. My seats are over $1,500 for the pair. I might finally decide at midnight!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just out of curiousity, who else is the on the bubble today, having to decide whether or not to renew? And what section are you in?

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just renewed about one minute ago.
    Yeah, I was on the fence.
    But my tickets are in section 111,
    so it wasn't too costly to take another chance on this club.

But, my God, next season better be fun to watch!

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

meh - I fully expect an extension is coming, along with another incentive.

"Perhaps you forgot, or were busy - sometimes life gets in the way.

At MLSE we understand that there could be any number of reasons why you didn't renew your season tickets before the Nov. 23 deadline, so to help you out we've extended it to Dec. 31st.

However, if you renew before Dec. 14th we'll include this TFC Bath Robe [image], either to keep for yourself or to give as a gift during the Holiday Season.

We look forward to seeing you in the stands in 2013 !"
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Just out of curiousity, who else is the on the bubble today, having to decide whether or not to renew? And what section are you in?
    I'm in 105, but I'm not on any bubble. I was out the moment they bailed on the Winter project. The rest of the season was icing on the cake.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"I really believe we've got a strong core group, and if we add a few players to that we're going to be fine." -Paul Mariner, at the town halls.

"Renewing" your tickets is a misnomer, really. They should call it "paying again for more of the same."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please, oh please please please make Mariner call SSH's to renew like some previous managers did.
    Oh what I would give for this to happen!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cmonyoureds View Post
    Please, oh please please please make Mariner call SSH's to renew like some previous managers did.
    Oh what I would give for this to happen!!!!!!
    Ha that's funny. Totally agree. Maybe worth not renewing just to see if I get that call! I'm leaning toward making a statement and not renewing, but like Ensco described, it's quite hard to make that decision to walk away from your team. If they had any level of integrity, I think I would, even with the losing. It's the lack of integrity that really gets me. And Paul Mariner is the definition of lack of integrity.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup, that's what I'm dealing with in section 121. My seats are over $1,500 for the pair. I might finally decide at midnight!
    I feel for you man. I think its a hell of a lot different paying the couple of hundred for the Yellows compared to what you are paying. I certainly wouldn't be renewing at your price. I definitely feel lucky having selected the yellow section in year one. All the guys around me in 113 feel the same, and as soon as the renewal notice was announced they were all saying "man, for $190 I'm renewing today!".

Let us know if you renew in the end of the day?

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Surprise that Rey aren't calling STHs about renewals. You'd think they'd want people who have been season seat holders since day one to stick around.

Maybe they don't care if current holders renew at the cheap rate. Leaves room to sell that seat for more money.

I didn't renew today. The person I share the seats with did.

There's nothing left of this tree except a stump.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel for you man. I think its a hell of a lot different paying the couple of hundred for the Yellows compared to what you are paying. I certainly wouldn't be renewing at your price. I definitely feel lucky having selected the yellow section in year one. All the guys around me in 113 feel the same, and as soon as the renewal notice was announced they were all saying "man, for $190 I'm renewing today!".

did you renew in the end?
    Not yet. I said before the renewal period that TFC needed to reduce prices, hire (or start to move on hiring) a new President, and either fire Mariner or give him their full backing. They've done the first, not sure what to make on the status of the second, and really only by default done the third. Which basically means they haven't done the third. I may go right up to the last minute.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if you can call the FO today and say something like "look, I've been here since day one, I like going to games but I am NEVER going to pay x amount in my current section. Can I downgrade?". Would they downgrade you to a lower section?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if you can call the FO today and say something like "look, I've been here since day one, I like going to games but I am NEVER going to pay x amount in my current section. Can I downgrade?". Would they downgrade you to a lower section?
    It's more about making a statement about the club than the price to be honest.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's more about making a statement about the club than the price to be honest.
    I understand, but it would be interesting to see how the sales are going by knowing if they are willing to barter or not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I understand, but it would be interesting to see how the sales are going by knowing if they are willing to barter or not.
    It would be hard to believe that renewals are going so well that there won't be follow up for those that declined. And there's no waiting list now. Declining today may not be the end of it.

What do you think on the three tests I put ouut there? Do they meet either of the second two?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not yet. I said before the renewal period that TFC needed to reduce prices, hire (or start to move on hiring) a new President, and either fire Mariner or give him their full backing. They've done the first, not sure what to make on the status of the second, and really only by default done the third. Which basically means they haven't done the third. I may go right up to the last minute.
    It would be hard to believe that renewals are going so well that there won't be follow up for those that declined. And there's no waiting list now. Declining today may not be the end of it.

What do you think on the three tests I put ouut there? Do they meet either of the second two?
    I have no idea about the state of the president. Even if they are SAYING "a president will be hired", we really need to know who, and what type of president? Will the guy have previous football knowledge, or will they be more of a businessman hire? The choice will indicate which direction TFC will go in the future. Until a name is announced, I would say they haven't met that condition at this time.

I would say they have backed Mariner by at least sticking by him. The support within the club "appears" to be unwavering, so they are meeting that condition, I would say.

The most important part is the club president though. Hire a business guy, and nothing changes - Anselmi might as well still be in charge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was in the light blues last year after switching from the medium greys the season before in order to save some money. I didn't renew, I am tired of playing musical chairs and changing sections every year to get some decently priced tickets. Based on the the prices they released in the fall I was 90% not renewing because price in my section. When my rep call me the other day, they made my mind up for me. I might go for a partial pack but I just didn't want to spend over $1,000 for two tickets anymore. Not worth it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have no idea about the state of the president. Even if they are SAYING "a president will be hired", we really need to know who, and what type of president? Will the guy have previous football knowledge, or will they be more of a businessman hire? The choice will indicate which direction TFC will go in the future. Until a name is announced, I would say they haven't met that condition at this time.

I would say they have backed Mariner by at least sticking by him. The support within the club "appears" to be unwavering, so they are meeting that condition, I would say.

The most important part is the club president though. Hire a business guy, and nothing changes - Anselmi might as well still be in charge.
    Yeah I agree knowing who the president is and what his power is would be far better. At least they've now said they are going this way, which is better than where they were a few weeks ago. Those letters Belfast has been organizing helped.

Not sure on the Mariner front. The only one I've heard say TFC is committed to Paul Mariner is Paul Mariner. I haven't heard Anselmi actually come out and say it. He also said there would be an evaluation of Mariner. Have we seen that? I'm sick of TFC management always hedging their bets. If they are sticking with him, tell us in public that they believe he's the one to take us to the playoffs. Go on the fucking record as having a position. Instead they tell him behind the scenes he's back, while telling us the fans they demand results by telling him he has to make the playoffs. ALways allows them to pawn off any responsibility.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the president front...I responded to the previous email from Tom Anselmi today, just stating that here we are on the renewal date and I would have hoped to have a slight idea on the direction of the club from a new president. He (or whomever) responded within minutes to say;

I hear your frustration and respect whatever decision you make. I cant tell you who or when , but im hoping to announce someone very soon. I think you will be impressed with their credentials
    Which is pretty weak in my opinion, they should have had this sorted and made the annoucement together with the drop in season ticket prices and sold it all as a new direction...blah blah blah.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So we have a president? We just dont know who?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just renewed.

I'd like to point out that this president talk is not that old. (Cue someone saying they said it from day one) Widespread talk of this has snowballed since the Anselmi, Cochrane and Mariner promotions and now we are going to have one in place soon. We are getting what we want again and are now saying it's too late.

It's okay since regardless of who's appointed they won't fit everyone's credentials wishlist.

Also can I remind everyone- Julian DeGuzman
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Just renewed.

I'd like to point out that this president talk is not that old. (Cue someone saying they said it from day one) Widespread talk of this has snowballed since the Anselmi, Cochrane and Mariner promotions and now we are going to have one in place soon. We are getting what we want again and are now saying it's too late.

It's okay since regardless of who's appointed they won't fit everyone's credentials wishlist.

Also can I remind everyone- Julian DeGuzman
    It's all about your definition of "too late" I'd think.
    Announcing who said president is AFTER the renewal deadline is too late for people waiting for a vision/plan/structure/hope for next year.
    Telling us "we'll be impressed with credentials" and asking us to "renew and trust them" is assinine at this point.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Announcing who said president is AFTER the renewal deadline is too late for people waiting for a vision/plan/structure/hope for next year.
    Telling us "we'll be impressed with credentials" and asking us to "renew and trust them" is assinine at this point.
    I don't care about a "vision" (the only real vision should be to play football and win as much as possible!). But what we should be looking for in a president is somebody with football knowledge. If they announce some businessman as the pres, then we all know its going to be "business as usual" in every way possible. But we NEED to have a pres with knowledge of football (preferably of the MLS). That will make all the difference at TFC. In between the "business guy" Anselmi and the "coaching guy" Mariner needs to be somebody who knows the game, knows what it takes to win, and has connections within football.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I cant tell you who or when , but im hoping to announce someone very soon. I think you will be impressed with their credentials .

Would anyone in their right mind buy ANYTHING based on this description? Seriously?

On another note, last time TFC impressed me with credentials was when Jurgen got involved. Where'd THAT get us?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't care about a "vision" (the only real vision should be to play football and win as much as possible!). But what we should be looking for in a president is somebody with football knowledge. If they announce some businessman as the pres, then we all know its going to be "business as usual" in every way possible. But we NEED to have a pres with knowledge of football (preferably of the MLS). That will make all the difference at TFC. In between the "business guy" Anselmi and the "coaching guy" Mariner needs to be somebody who knows the game, knows what it takes to win, and has connections within football.
    I agree with all of this, but I'm just saying before renewal deadline would have been nice for many, many fence sitters.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not disagreeing with you at all. I was one who wanted to hear more before today as well. I just wanted it out there that although we don't have a name we asked for we are supporters that asked for something and are going to get it. And let's remember our track record with that.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I cant tell you who or when , but im hoping to announce someone very soon. I think you will be impressed with their credentials .

Would anyone in their right mind buy ANYTHING based on this description? Seriously?

On another note, last time TFC impressed me with credentials was when Jurgen got involved. Where'd THAT get us?
    Another good example of getting what we want as supporters and it not being what we needed.

I'm not being critical of supporters defining what they think should happen I just think by the same token we should be wary of what we ask for.