View Poll Results: With the new prices, will you renew?

Voters
192. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

106 55.21%
  • Only with a management change

39 20.31%
  • No

27 14.06%
  • Already not a SSH

20 10.42%
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wondering why "Any wavering thought of renewal is dead." was removed from my post??

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    I'd contact the ticket reps on this. They'd be extremely foolish to not accommodate you and your wife immediately. What may happen is you may be asked to approach the ticket booth/ gameday assistance and they will direct you to accessible seating they always keep open.

I've down this multiple occasions at BMO with a broken leg. I didn't always sit in the same area but that was fine with me. They relocated friends that accompanied me to the matches as well. I don't see why their policy should be any different for the Raps.

If you feel mistreated after the match please relate your story here as well as with the club.

Enjoy.
    I sat beside a guy with crutches and a broken leg before...maybe it was you.

Anyway, I have emailed my rep so will see what happens. I know before I got season tickets in the accessible area we had one game where they said the accessible area is not available because it was sold out and my rep forgot to put my name on the list for that day. They gave us a bit of a hard time but eventually found us a spot. I don't feel like going all the way down to the ACC in December to find out they goofed on that list again especially how they said to someone else they have "no control" on the tickets. I would prefer to have proper tickets in hand if I can.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    wondering why "Any wavering thought of renewal is dead." was removed from my post??
    I looked at your last few posts and they were not edited by the moderators, or yourself. PM me if you have any further questions.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    I sat beside a guy with crutches and a broken leg before...maybe it was you.

Anyway, I have emailed my rep so will see what happens. I know before I got season tickets in the accessible area we had one game where they said the accessible area is not available because it was sold out and my rep forgot to put my name on the list for that day. They gave us a bit of a hard time but eventually found us a spot. I don't feel like going all the way down to the ACC in December to find out they goofed on that list again especially how they said to someone else they have "no control" on the tickets. I would prefer to have proper tickets in hand if I can.
    I'm just totally shocked that TFC are claiming they have "no control" over the Raptors tickets. What type of organisation is this that two different departments of the same company can't talk to each other and co-ordinate a simple ticketing system?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    I'm just totally shocked that TFC are claiming they have "no control" over the Raptors tickets. What type of organisation is this that two different departments of the same company can't talk to each other and co-ordinate a simple ticketing system?
    Its just an excuse. They don't want to put any extra work into it.

They think they are already doing us a massive favour just by giving us the tickets. Never mind the fact that demand for Raptors tickets is at an all time low. Really, we are doing them a favour by going.
    Last edited by narduch; 11-14-2012 at 02:53 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by narduch View Post

They think they are already doing us a massive favour just by giving us the tickets. Never mind the fact that demand for Raptors tickets is at an all time low. Reall, we are doing them a favour by going.
    I just gave my ticket rep an ear-bashing email about it all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    One like Rogers? Call th about your cell phone, them ask them about another service. They aren't connected. Used to make you re-authenticate and everything. It's gotten a bit better, but it is not uncommon for big companies.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really, we are doing them a favour by going.
    Whose "we"?

You renewed early?
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so anyone want to renew now that the Blue Jays are pretending to be WS contenders? Holy crap. I'll gladly spend my summer at the Dome instead of BMO. Any wavering thought of renewal is dead.
    Jays baseball wooed you away?

ok?

I'm not swayed by the other sports teams in my city possibly performing better. But have fun.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whose "we"?

You renewed early?
    Yes I did.

Once they announced the price drop I was pretty much going to renew. Going to give these idiots one more chance. At the new price I won't feel so bad if I have to eat the occasional ticket.

The Raptor tickets are being donated to a raffle for a charity I support.

But my point still stands, TFC fans are doing MLSE a favour by even attending these Raptor games. Their attendance woes and ticket demand issues mirror TFC's situation.
    Last edited by narduch; 11-15-2012 at 08:03 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know, I honestly feel that between the Jersey promotion, the price reduction, and the Raptor game (even with the issues people are having with the dates), they are giving a very, very good package to fans, especailly in yellows and light greys. So I applaud them for that.

But I am not renewing, for all the other reasons.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jays baseball wooed you away?

ok?

I'm not swayed by the other sports teams in my city possibly performing better. But have fun.
    It's not as if they wooed me away, you act if you can't be a fan of both?

But in today's world, money and time is limited so choices have to be made.

The problem with Toronto's clubs, all of them, is a lack of direction, proper management, blah blah, we all been over this enough. The Jays at least, are making a point that the current regime (who have been taking just as much flak as any other), have indeed had a direction all along, and they decided to show it with this move. They did something the team hasn't done in ages. They decided to contend for a championship instead of trying to play for .500 and get some luck to push them a bit further.

I can support that. Like I would support it if TFC decided to ever try and do it, but they are doing what the Jays had been, shooting for .500 and hoping to squeeze in. Currently all I hear when I read between the bullshit, is that they want to be some fringe playoff team who doesn't give two fucks about the CCL, anyone else? When they decide they want to try and build a championship franchise again, then I'll give them money.

I'm not swayed by results, I'm swayed by direction. The biggest problem, IMO, is Toronto fans support clubs who don't aspire to win trophies, but to just get by.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can, obviously. But some people are general sports fans, others are not. Football is the only sport I care about. I'll go to the odd Raptors or Leafs game, but baseball bores me to tears. For me, the choice between TFC/Jays/Raps/Leafs/Argos is made by virtue of one of them playing in sport I care about, and the others playing in sports I don't care about.

Obviously, there are a lot of folks that crossover, and what you write is completely true, but different demo's have to be taken into account.

I also think that a good run for the Jays will be a disaster for TFC unless they magically become competitive. Even then, a successful Jays team would dwarf a sucessful TFC at this point. They missed the boat there.

I'm not swayed by results, I'm swayed by direction. The biggest problem, IMO, is Toronto fans support clubs who don't aspire to win trophies, but to just get by.
    This is true all over the world, especially in football. In the majority of leagues, most teams never have a shot at winning anything, and all they can hope for is survival in the top division and maybe a bit of a cup run if lucky.

I do agree though that in Toronto the problem is cyclical. Fans show up, money is made and as a result the true incentive to improve does not exist.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    I also think that a good run for the Jays will be a disaster for TFC unless they magically become competitive. Even then, a successful Jays team would dwarf a sucessful TFC at this point. They missed the boat there.
    This has already started to happen.

Way before TFC existed the Jays were my favourite Toronto Sports team. I basically grew up and watched them grow into a contender and eventual winner. I will always be a fan because of that.

And being a fan I've been attending a couple of games a year for at least 20 years. One thing I've noticed the last couple of years is that the average age of the crowd has dropped dramatically. Essentially all the yuppies that were attending TFC games in 2007-2009 are now at Jays games. I though the Jays were showing some cracks this year (Escobar situation, poor performance), but this trade has given hope back.

The Jays are definitely the #1 sports team in the city in terms of hope for future success. And as some have mentioned before, the biggest thing sports teams do is sell hope. TFC is suffering because they have little hope to sell with Mariner + Cochrane in charge.
    Last edited by narduch; 11-15-2012 at 09:14 AM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can be a fan of both and pay to see both or you can choose one over the other. The one that gets your money that didn't have it before wooed you. You make it sound like you're surprised there isn't more people to make this switch in sports teams on a msg board about footy.

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    You can, obviously. But some people are general sports fans, others are not. Football is the only sport I care about. I'll go to the odd Raptors or Leafs game, but baseball bores me to tears. For me, the choice between TFC/Jays/Raps/Leafs/Argos is made by virtue of one of them playing in sport I care about, and the others playing in sports I don't care about.

Obviously, there are a lot of folks that crossover, and what you write is completely true, but different demo's have to be taken into account.
    In this we are of like minds.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

HEY-O !

Finally got my renewal reminder from my ticket rep : Mairin.

The gist of my reply was 'not interested, but good luck and I hope it gets easier for you next year'.

But you already knew that
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TOBOR ! View Post
    HEY-O !

Finally got my renewal reminder from my ticket rep : Mairin.

The gist of my reply was 'not interested, but good luck and I hope it gets easier for you next year'.

But you already knew that
    Same rep as I...she tries hard, as they all do. Though she seems to have a propensity for copying and pasting articles that show TFC is on the right path. lol Sent me a massive email with loads of quotes from players and such on how Mariner is the right guy for the job etc. etc. blah blah. Must be a tough job to be honest, listening to people whine and complain.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mdc 77 View Post
    Same rep as I...she tries hard, as they all do. Though she seems to have a propensity for copying and pasting articles that show TFC is on the right path. lol Sent me a massive email with loads of quotes from players and such on how Mariner is the right guy for the job etc. etc. blah blah. Must be a tough job to be honest, listening to people whine and complain.
    I'm surprised they don't just farm the entire operation out to India.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just renewed motherfuckers. .
    ugh! yea! gonna renew that shit like Stunt Man Mike smashing into a car full of promiscuous, sassy teens!

Aint seen the last of me yet motherfuckers!

yeah. . I motherfuckin motherfucked this post like a motherfucker, motherfucker!
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why isn't my free stuff better?
    Because all the other stuff they thought about giving away still had a infintessimal chance of creating a profit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can be a fan of both and pay to see both or you can choose one over the other. The one that gets your money that didn't have it before wooed you. You make it sound like you're surprised there isn't more people to make this switch in sports teams on a msg board about footy.

In this we are of like minds.

I'm just surprised people pay for bullshit, when they can see how obvious it is. Earl wants to be a top ten team, how fucking cute. Other teams want to win championships.

Then people wonder why MLSE can't figure out this "winning culture".

Continue to scratch your head and wonder why TFC isn't lifting trophies, it's clearly very hard to figure out why. But whatever, throw me into the "anti local football" crowd because I won't pay for a team who strives to be mediocre.

Lastly, I wasn't wooed by a team I've always been a fan of, I just wasn't going to pay to see a team who clearly shot for .500. When they last tried to contend in the final couple years of Halladay, I was there every week.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But whatever, throw me into the "anti local football" crowd because I won't pay for a team who strives to be mediocre.

Lastly, I wasn't wooed by a team I've always been a fan of, I just wasn't going to pay to see a team who clearly shot for .500. When they last tried to contend in the final couple years of Halladay, I was there every week.
    I didn't throw you into any label, ryan. There's other local football but if Toronto is the extent for you that's your choice.

You were wooed insofar as you taken your money elsewhere. Wooed back but still wooed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Technorgasm View Post
    I just renewed motherfuckers. .
    ugh! yea! gonna renew that shit like Stunt Man Mike smashing into a car full of promiscuous, sassy teens!

Aint seen the last of me yet motherfuckers!

yeah. . I motherfuckin motherfucked this post like a motherfucker, motherfucker!
    This club needs clowns like you.

Keep up the good work.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This has already started to happen.

Way before TFC existed the Jays were my favourite Toronto Sports team. I basically grew up and watched them grow into a contender and eventual winner. I will always be a fan because of that.

And being a fan I've been attending a couple of games a year for at least 20 years. One thing I've noticed the last couple of years is that the average age of the crowd has dropped dramatically. Essentially all the yuppies that were attending TFC games in 2007-2009 are now at Jays games. I though the Jays were showing some cracks this year (Escobar situation, poor performance), but this trade has given hope back.

The Jays are definitely the #1 sports team in the city in terms of hope for future success. And as some have mentioned before, the biggest thing sports teams do is sell hope. TFC is suffering because they have little hope to sell with Mariner + Cochrane in charge.
    wow 1 trade (major yes) and boy things change....if tfc actually grabbed some talent ...who knows who would jump back onboard.....everyone forgets sooo easily.......the jays were going nowhere fast and now......(god I hope the deal goes through)....AND and much as I hate the leafs they will never be anything but #1 in sports in TO and god forbid if they make the play-offs.....I wanna see the jays too but that dump the skydome will see my ass probably once.....I cannot sit ANYWHERE without getting leg cramps because of the bs shortened and planned leg space.........give me BMO seating anyday,..although I stand..ha....btw good luck on cheap tickets for the jays....any good viewing seats are way too much!....been lately?
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Betwixt the waters of the Humber and the Credit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you sir may I have another

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even if the Jays signed all the best players, Baseball would still be the most boring sport in the universe (in my opinion!). If they won the next ten world series, I STILL wouldn't be interested! And this comes from a guy who doesn't mind cricket! I hate baseball that much, haha! So, lets move onto the football talk!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More renewing then not. Disapointing, but expected. After reading the notes on the town hall I will say the following.

I am telling you if you love this club do not renew. I will not be politically correct, and pretend that I beleive there are two sides of the coing there are not. You either love this club, and want better and then you do not renew, or you love the idea of having a club, and being a "supporter" and you do renew. I am not going to get into a war over this, I have had this believe for two seasons now, and every day I read their shit reinforces my believe that I did right thing. VOTE FOR CHANGE BY NOT RENEWING.

I will not get into a war on the nets about this, because quite honestly there is not debate, this is the truth, this is the right thing to do and you are either with those of us who wish to push for change or you are with the ownership group that has all but killed the golden goose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They think they are already doing us a massive favour just by giving us the tickets. Never mind the fact that demand for Raptors tickets is at an all time low. Really, we are doing them a favour by going.
    You got that right. It's a sleazy move by a sleazy organization. The same people who force bundle TV packages are now force bundling sports tickets, big surprise. However, the worst example of it has to be forcing people who buy leafs tickets to take raptors season tickets as well. MLSE has been doing these types of things for a while, nothing new.

And if anyone ever wanted an indication of how well the raptors are doing right now: I by chance was walking near the ACC on sunday and bought a pair of tickets for five dollars from scalpers minutes before tipoff, on a day when they were giving out bobble heads (normally a big draw).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    More renewing then not. Disapointing, but expected. After reading the notes on the town hall I will say the following.

I am telling you if you love this club do not renew. I will not be politically correct, and pretend that I beleive there are two sides of the coing there are not. You either love this club, and want better and then you do not renew, or you love the idea of having a club, and being a "supporter" and you do renew. I am not going to get into a war over this, I have had this believe for two seasons now, and every day I read their shit reinforces my believe that I did right thing. VOTE FOR CHANGE BY NOT RENEWING.

I will not get into a war on the nets about this, because quite honestly there is not debate, this is the truth, this is the right thing to do and you are either with those of us who wish to push for change or you are with the ownership group that has all but killed the golden goose.
    Agree with you, and this is why I haven't renewed. It's all about focus IMHO, and if you are looking at short vs long term. In the short term, having people cheering the team on might lift them here and there to get a better result, but in the long term, it's just rewarding the FO. It's the real pressure of needing to fix things in order to sell tickets that will drive true, long term change if anything does. And that might hurt the team for the next few years on the pitch, but we are kidding ourselves if we think we are going to do anything but prop the table up unless there is some serious change.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Agree with your point about shot term v long term view.