View Poll Results: With the new prices, will you renew?

Voters
192. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

106 55.21%
  • Only with a management change

39 20.31%
  • No

27 14.06%
  • Already not a SSH

20 10.42%
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default New Renewing/Not renewing poll

With the drop in Season Ticket prices... will you renew?
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i was out at the old prices but will renew at $190 bucks. They have earned 1 more year to see if they can right this ship.

i am happy with the discount but kind of feel it is like putting a band-aid on a bullet wound

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

voted yes.

I have two sets of tickets - a pair in 112 and a pair in the prawns. IF there was no price drop, I would have relocated the prawns into a cheaper section. With the revised price, I will keep both pairs where they are.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No.

The week after next, I will be flying to Glasgow to see Celtic play Barcelona. That Champions League ticket is $15 cheaper than the cost of yesterday's ticket.

The new ticket price highlights the fact that this product has been over priced from the start. A reduction is no more than desperate ploy to save what little hardcore support they have and avoid the scene of a half empty stadium like we saw yesterday.

They have already taken money from me for 6 years now and they still want me to give them more, just not as much as. What have they offered me in return? Nothing.

Until I see some real change and more importantly, commitment to football, I won't be back. This organization has a lengthy history of promising much and delivering little, MLSE have done this for decades.

I called it the "Bad Boyfriend Syndrome". They treat you like shit but keep coming back to you with flowers and chocolate, telling you, "I'm gonna change, Baby!" Ask a Leaf or Raptor fan how the relationship is going? They have the same boyfriend. Like everybody else I hoped it would be different but really why would it?

It's not that I no longer like TFC, I hope they actually do get better but I won't give Anselmi or MLSE another penny until they show me commitment to football. And to be honest, I just can't see that happening. Another new coach? New Club President? How about a Director of Football?

I refuse to become a Leaf fan in Red.
    “We changed the entire league’s opinion of the viability of soccer in North America. And then we blew it because we chickened out." —Tim Leiweke

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto_Bhoy View Post
    The week after next, I will be flying to Glasgow to see Celtic play Barcelona. That Champions League ticket is $15 cheaper than the cost of yesterday's ticket.
    not to get all freekonomics on you or anything, but what's the price of the plane ticket? It's false economy to think that a Celtic-barca tickets is actually cheaper when you have to go across an ocean to be there.

I understand your point, but had to point out that out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    i was out at the old prices but will renew at $190 bucks. They have earned 1 more year to see if they can right this ship.

i am happy with the discount but kind of feel it is like putting a band-aid on a bullet wound
    This says it all for me.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course Parky but the price of the ticket is same whether you live in Toronto or Glasgow.

I'm going to visit family and take care of some business in London.

It's still cheaper for me to see Barca than the Impact. Fact.
    Last edited by Toronto_Bhoy; 10-21-2012 at 12:05 PM.
    “We changed the entire league’s opinion of the viability of soccer in North America. And then we blew it because we chickened out." —Tim Leiweke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am going to give it one more year. I will move my seats from the North Stands and take advantage of some lower pricing. I do this in hopes that we will see a management change very soon and bring in the direction this club needs. Stadium might look funny with a concentration of fans in the cheaper seats while up the middle may be empty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's a bad tv commercial on right now that sums up this dilemma for people: when someone offers to sell you a $10 banana for $5, it's still a $5 banana.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course Parky but the price of the ticket is same whether you live in Toronto or Glasgow.

The Barca game seems to be sold out. The cheapest Spartak Moskva I can find is £40 in what would be their equivalent of 119. More expensive than our Champions League games, but perhaps the cheaper tickets sold out (unlike ours). The season ending game (and the 4 other premium matches) is the most expensive game TFC has this year. Our Champions League games were the cheapest.

Celtic's website indicates that their season tickets start at £466. That's about $CAN 740. That make's our old cheapest seasons at $361 in 2012 (let alone $190 next year) look like a bargain! And this for a league that's currently ranked 26th in Europe? Surely Celtic's tickets are extremely over-priced for the level of competition your seeing. But they are close to sold-out. And that's really what it comes down to. Supply and demand. Toronto can put a crap product on the pitch, and still charge the highest prices in the league, if people are willing to come (think Maple Leafs). But if they stop coming, like TFC, the prices will fall.
    Last edited by nfitz; 10-21-2012 at 01:09 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No.

The new ticket price highlights the fact that this product has been over priced from the start. A reduction is no more than desperate ploy to save what little hardcore support they have and avoid the scene of a half empty stadium like we saw yesterday.

Until I see some real change and more importantly, commitment to football, I won't be back. This organization has a lengthy history of promising much and delivering little, MLSE have done this for decades.

It's not that I no longer like TFC, I hope they actually do get better but I won't give Anselmi or MLSE another penny until they show me commitment to football. And to be honest, I just can't see that happening. Another new coach? New Club President? How about a Director of Football?
    You say no, you need real change but only define it as a director of football. If they get one before the deadline will you renew? Everything else you say is unquantified.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know how to figure out the value proposition. The messaging around the plan for 2013 was insufficient. What the hell does "we're reviewing everything at season end" mean?

Tell me what the review shows. Tell me what the management team, and budget, for 2013 are.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Voted no.

No, until I see a new President/GM with total control. Meaning Anselmi no longer makes decisions about team operations, staffing, trades, picks, etc...

If my seats cost me $190/each for the year, then I would renew at that price.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll likely not buy season seats for another couple years (assuming of course change takes place in the interim). Price drop or not, you'll still be able to get fantastic seats to any game on game day. And as jloome said, they're still trying to sell you a $5 bannana. Bottom line is that next year's team/management is going to look a lot like this year's. To expect different results would be silly, especially when Uncle Paul and The Earl Himself are running the show.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    The Barca game seems to be sold out. The cheapest Spartak Moskva I can find is £40 in what would be their equivalent of 119. More expensive than our Champions League games, but perhaps the cheaper tickets sold out (unlike ours). The season ending game (and the 4 other premium matches) is the most expensive game TFC has this year. Our Champions League games were the cheapest.

Celtic's website indicates that their season tickets start at £466. That's about $CAN 740. That make's our old cheapest seasons at $361 in 2012 (let alone $190 next year) look like a bargain! And this for a league that's currently ranked 26th in Europe? Surely Celtic's tickets are extremely over-priced for the level of competition your seeing. But they are close to sold-out. And that's really what it comes down to. Supply and demand. Toronto can put a crap product on the pitch, and still charge the highest prices in the league, if people are willing to come (think Maple Leafs). But if they stop coming, like TFC, the prices will fall.
    I'm a season ticket holder at Celtic Park. My Barca ticket is £28 which works out about $44.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    voted yes.

I have two sets of tickets - a pair in 112 and a pair in the prawns. IF there was no price drop, I would have relocated the prawns into a cheaper section. With the revised price, I will keep both pairs where they are.
    can you tell me the benefit of having two pairs in separate locations? i have 4 seats together, and i use them to take fam and friends... but ive met quite a few people who have two pairs in separate locations.
    thx

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a season ticket holder at Celtic Park. My Barca ticket is £28 which works out about $44.
    How much is your season ticket? How does it compare to the cheapest (you probably have better information than I can find).

Still, that seems rather expensive ... TFC season ticket holders were paying $17 for Champions League seats for the cheap seats. For $44 each to our matches, it was Dark Grey.

Though it's all supply and demand. Celtic Champions League games are pretty much sold out.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    You say no, you need real change but only define it as a director of football. If they get one before the deadline will you renew? Everything else you say is unquantified.
    FYR, I think if you read my post I said:

"Until I see some real change and more importantly, commitment to football, I won't be back. This organization has a lengthy history of promising much and delivering little, MLSE have done this for decades."
    I have very little confidence in this ownership group. When I heard that MLSE had been awarded the franchise I actually cringed. But at least we had a team and more importantly a park! MLSE's reputation proceeded them and frankly, they didn't disappoint.

It was my 80 year old father who convinced his three sons to "support the home team"! Tough to argue so we did, in the hopes that this might be different but of course, we were wrong. He opted out after Season 4, "This is unwatchable".

I have followed professional football in this country for over 45 years. As a boy in Vancouver going to old Callister Park with 8,000 crammed into an old wooden box that only held 5, watching immigrant British, Italian and Eastern Europeans finding a new life and playing amazing football. Magic! Watching the Whitecaps in the NASL at Empire Staduim. Brilliant! And then coming to Toronto to go to school and seeing Metro-Crotia and Blizzard. Fantastic!

But this? 7 coaches in 6 years, really? Finishing with the worst record in franchise history, really? Another season with no play-offs, really? Tom Anselmi buying support with a slash of ticket prices, really?

Unquantified? You work for MLSE, right?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

one pair is for me, in the supporters section, and the other pair is for my friend who often brings his young son to games.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that would be a fact if you lived there, which you don't. It's still a false economy. A pineapple in Hawaii might cost a quarter, but if it's costs $2 here than THAT is the price of it. I can't fly to Hawaii every time I want a pineapple. The same could be said about a cup of coffee in Columbia or bottle of wine in France.

I know this isn't really the point of the debate, and I agree with you that it sucks that we pay more for D-grade soccer than others pay for A-grade football, but because of where we live - that's the economic reality.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And I don't fly to Scotland every time I want to see a live professional football game.

???

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    There's a bad tv commercial on right now that sums up this dilemma for people: when someone offers to sell you a $10 rotten banana for $5, it's still a $5 rotten banana.
    FYP, to translate this ad to the TFC situation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had said i wouldn't renew, but these prices are to tempting. I will renew again. I'm so weak, lol.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my tickets will be close to $10 per,...and if my supporting gives a chance and hope to the young men I have met from the academy and presently on our team , then $10 is pretty much nothing to hopefully enjoy their rise in the league (s) here and there. Remember all we have to do is watch. This team and the games could be their career...it is serious for them and they had to live through this SH#@ ....so I really like theses guys and all that they give for what $approx 40,000....They are my hope also for the future......and someday this team or another will work despite MLSE, because there is just too much talent and desire in this country to keep them down ...Hopefully I'll be around to witness witness this. I mean $10 bucks...and go ahead chase tickets for what under $10 per?.....I have better things to do....PS it could be worse we could be in the scottish premier division, I mean who are their actual competion this year??? of course their damn tickets are cheap...like there never has been any problems over the water....
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I couldnt give away my tickets before I cancelled them last season. I doubt there would be any takers half way through next season if I bought into the red ticket sale only to witness another lovely 0-9 start

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see no point in explaining my renewal decision on the message boards. You do what you think is best and I'll do what works for me. You can't change my mind and I don't want to try to change yours. This horrible season is finally over (at least at home). It has been exhausting. I'm sick and tired of all the bickering about what I am supposed to do to fix the team's problems. That's not my responsibility; it's theirs. I am a customer. I just have to decide if I am getting adequate value for money. You shouldn't have to read a poll to figure that out.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Despite the price drop, I haven't decided yet. I'll see what the next few weeks bring, until the renewal deadline.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FYR, I think if you read my post I said:

I have very little confidence in this ownership group. When I heard that MLSE had been awarded the franchise I actually cringed. But at least we had a team and more importantly a park! MLSE's reputation proceeded them and frankly, they didn't disappoint.

It was my 80 year old father who convinced his three sons to "support the home team"! Tough to argue so we did, in the hopes that this might be different but of course, we were wrong. He opted out after Season 4, "This is unwatchable".

I have followed professional football in this country for over 45 years. As a boy in Vancouver going to old Callister Park with 8,000 crammed into an old wooden box that only held 5, watching immigrant British, Italian and Eastern Europeans finding a new life and playing amazing football. Magic! Watching the Whitecaps in the NASL at Empire Staduim. Brilliant! And then coming to Toronto to go to school and seeing Metro-Crotia and Blizzard. Fantastic!

But this? 7 coaches in 6 years, really? Finishing with the worst record in franchise history, really? Another season with no play-offs, really? Tom Anselmi buying support with a slash of ticket prices, really?

Unquantified? You work for MLSE, right?
    This is a great story but it didn't say what you want to see (other than past games but we don't have a time machine) but instead an unquantified element. You want to see commitment to football. What does that entail in your opinion? A commitment usually means promises. I have a hard time thinking that's all you need to hear.

Real moves like a new manager and director of football seem to be a common step for people looking for a hint of vision. I'd like to see both of those.

Are there any real moves that would get you back for renewal/seasons?

And btw I think unquantified excuses and promises would be the tools of MLSE when struggling not pointing to specifics to improve, don't you?
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 10-22-2012 at 06:59 AM.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I voted no, and a change in management will not sway me. It needs to be changed, but I have no faith in MLSE to actually do it right. I've given them the benefit of the doubt for a number of years, now that's it. It's time for them to deliver, and then I will consider coming back. By deliver, I don't mean a winning team (although that would be nice). I mean putting in a proper footballing structure, with the proper people in place and give it time to flourish and develop into something that shows a future for this club. But I'm not renewing on the promisie or initial exectution of that - I will if they stick to it. Becasue they will just jettison the whole thing if the results are bumpy and they need next years scape goat.

Plus, even with the drop in price I suspect the getting tickets off the secondary market will be just as cheap, if not cheaper.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    Plus, even with the drop in price I suspect the getting tickets off the secondary market will be just as cheap, if not cheaper.
    I think you are right.

In fact the price drop probably ensures there will be decent inventory on sites like craiglist or forum ticket exchanges, at reasonable prices.

The price drop means more people than expected will renew. But people will have the same reasons to not attend games unless this team makes an unexpected dramatic turn around. Which under current conditions I can't see happening.