View Poll Results: With the new prices, will you renew?

Voters
192. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

106 55.21%
  • Only with a management change

39 20.31%
  • No

27 14.06%
  • Already not a SSH

20 10.42%
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel dirty. I've been ranting about "Never again" and "I'm gone this year" and "No phkn way, I'm done"
    ... stupid Year One pricing marketing promotion/manipulation got me. I renewed today.

BUT PHKNELL, NEXT YEAR WE DON'T MAKE THE PLAYOFFS AND I'M OUT FOR SURE !!!!!
    .maybe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ I think next year the slogan will be;

"TFC: Where EVERY Year is Year One!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to admit though....this time when I re-newed...that good 'ol feeling of, "My Life is now Complete!" that I had back during Year 1 and 2 after I purchased my season seats...are no longer. I felt like it was donation....but just not for a cause that I believe in.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Renewing tonight, was just waiting on that MasterCard to come. $190 for a full season, +mtl game, +raptors game and the free Jersey/sweet mastercard? That is a deal.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakTFC View Post
    Renewing tonight, was just waiting on that MasterCard to come. $190 for a full season, +mtl game, +raptors game and the free Jersey/sweet mastercard? That is a deal.
    just pay off that MC. interest is ridiculous.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Received a call today from my rep, reminding me of early renewal option and wondering if I was aware that the invoice was posted to my account........told him I'll renew the minute I hear of TFC hiring a proper leader and firing the clowns they have running the show............. And now for the scary part......"Paul Mariner is the head of this team, all decisions go through him and we've been told that's not changing"............he said it with so much conviction that I firmly believe that if renewals go well, they are going to fuck us by doing nothing to change things.....so for those on the fence.......hang on and don't give in until they give us the change we want.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gomesv View Post
    Received a call today from my rep, reminding me of early renewal option and wondering if I was aware that the invoice was posted to my account........told him I'll renew the minute I hear of TFC hiring a proper leader and firing the clowns they have running the show............. And now for the scary part......"Paul Mariner is the head of this team, all decisions go through him and we've been told that's not changing"............he said it with so much conviction that I firmly believe that if renewals go well, they are going to fuck us by doing nothing to change things.....so for those on the fence.......hang on and don't give in until they give us the change we want.

Must be nice to know who your rep is. No one has reached out to me in the last three years. I got my renewal letter today in the mail. I'm tired of the same old excuses. We're committed to winning blah blah blah. Show me you actually want to turn this ship around by firing shortbread and cockring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got a renewal letter in the mail today. Can't believe they've even managed to screw this up.

heres what it says at the bottom:

Total charges: $456 (2 seats in 127)
    Payments/credits: $114 (25% as per the deposit when I did it online)
    Total Season renewal: $342
    25% non-refundable deposit:$85.50 (ummmm. Didn't I already pay my 25%???)

and then it goes on to say my 85.50 is due no later than nov 23 or no tickets.

How did they screw this up???? Better question is why am I'm surprised

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Many grounds in England for example tickets are often close in price all across the stadium. An example West Ham vs Stoke City November 19th for single tickets. These are the prices: Adults 25pounds to sit along side field on either stand or 20pounds to sit behind either net (price does not matter if you are 1st row or last row, tickets are priced by what stand you are in). If your under 16 or over 65 ticekts are 20pounds along side field or 15pounds behind either net.

Another example a premium game vs Chelsea tickets at West Ham look like this. 67 pounds or 61 pounds to sit along side field stand. 55 pounds or 49 pounds to sit at either end of the field. Under 16's or over 65 tickets are 35pounds or 32 pounds to sit along side field or 29pounds and 26 pounds to sit behind either end of the field.

20 pounds is about $30 canadian...so cheapest tickets at West Ham for a non premium game are still more then TFC's new south end ticket prices. However prices at stadiums in North America seem to change drastically from one section to the next. Many sections at BMO field cost more then West Ham's Upton Park. Sometimes a single aisle difference can mean $50 difference in price. Selling ticekts at $190 a season or about what $12 a game or something? thats a good price. However selling some other season ticekt sections at $600-$800-+$1,000 might still be a very hard sell, even with discounts some sections have always been way over priced.

Also we should not have premium game prices at BMO. I know they have them in England but there is no giant teams that continue to be a top club year after year. We have had teams like New York Red Bulls priced as premium games while they were actually in last place in the league. This league teams change every year premiums in this league don't exsist.
    Last edited by james; 11-03-2012 at 04:03 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^KGH

They did the same calculation on mine as well.......I will ignore it and go with what it says on my account manager which is $114 for the January, February and March payment dates.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

his was on the TFC site

UPDATE: early renewal now includes lower bowl Raptors tickets

lol renewal must be going bad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcfans View Post
    ^^KGH

They did the same calculation on mine as well.......I will ignore it and go with what it says on my account manager which is $114 for the January, February and March payment dates.
    This just highlights the incompetence that runs through the entire organization. If they can't even get a simple invoice right I can only imagine how everything else is run.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Curious thought I'm wondering what other people think about.

Does anyone think TFC tickets will ever be hard to come by again? Think about it.

SSH are there to give you a) guaranteed seats, b) cheaper rate than everyone else, c) some side perks to sweeten the deal

For the last couple seasons, it's been proven you can acquire tickets through 2nd hand, scalpers or travelzoo for nearly...sometimes lower, than SSH prices.
    TFC hasn't sold out much of anything of late and even when there's going to be one, getting tickets still really isn't all that difficult.
    Starting last year, maybe even the year before, people not on the wait list were called for SSH opportunities.

Is anyone actually afraid you "might not get back in" if you decide to flip these cunts the bird this year? Or for any point in the future?

I think this club would need to do more than just win a championship to make it harder, or costly, to attend a TFC match.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC didn't have a single sell out this season.

In terms of demand, I actually think its going to get worse before it gets better, at least until the current management is changed.

I'm not even sure anymore if years of sustained success will help bring things back to 2007 levels.
    Last edited by narduch; 11-05-2012 at 09:39 AM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    Curious thought I'm wondering what other people think about.

Does anyone think TFC tickets will ever be hard to come by again? Think about it.

SSH are there to give you a) guaranteed seats, b) cheaper rate than everyone else, c) some side perks to sweeten the deal

For the last couple seasons, it's been proven you can acquire tickets through 2nd hand, scalpers or travelzoo for nearly...sometimes lower, than SSH prices.
    TFC hasn't sold out much of anything of late and even when there's going to be one, getting tickets still really isn't all that difficult.
    Starting last year, maybe even the year before, people not on the wait list were called for SSH opportunities.

Is anyone actually afraid you "might not get back in" if you decide to flip these cunts the bird this year? Or for any point in the future?

I think this club would need to do more than just win a championship to make it harder, or costly, to attend a TFC match.
    I don't think that is a concern for almost anyone here.

Most here have made their decision on things other than the fright of losing their spot in line to get tickets. By the same token, to a seasons ticket holder that feels he still wants his spot, no cheap, secondary buyer/scummy scalper single ticket is good enough.

I agree that this club has a lot to do to win back that "ticket in demand" status. A championship of some kind would be the first and best step.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just got to have my fun chat with my ticket rep to break the news I was out. then he wanted to know what I'd do if I was in charge and 20 minutes later that was that lol.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

then he wanted to know what I'd do if I was in charge and 20 minutes later that was that lol.
    LOL. Did he seriously ask this?

This organization is truly fucked.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by narduch View Post
    LOL. Did he seriously ask this?

This organization is truly fucked.
    Yep. Wanted to know why I think they weren't going to do well. What I would have done differently. What formation they should be playing.

I'm pretty sure it was a job interview....lol

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep. Wanted to know why I think they weren't going to do well. What I would have done differently. What formation they should be playing.

I'm pretty sure it was a job interview....lol
    LOL.

Its no wonder this team is a mess, and will continue to be one.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am satisfied with the perks, but it does all depend on your seat situation. We can all agree that the premium seats are still overpriced and premium game pricing is a bit ridiculous. While I think I am paying fair value for my light grey single with the jersey and b ball tix my single is 228, for someone paying a grand it's not as much of an impact.
    I think they'll have a hard time with premium renewals and the corporate boxes, for those in 110 111 112 113 if you don't renew you may have a hard time getting back in. That said I've watched every game for 2 seasons in those sections despite my seat elsewhere so that too is not much of an incentive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just renewed my sect. 219 light greys. Would've been a tougher decision if they didn't offer the price break. I'll be making a better effort to smuggle in my booze and food this year though. The extra $20-$30 a game on concessions is the real killer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My friend and I have decided to give TFC one last chance. But only if we can relocate to L Grey.

We had for a few years, D Grey, at 995$ per seat. Even with the drop in this section to 760$, its way too much for the crap on and off the field.

Questions:

1. The sales rep told my friend that they need 25% down payment. What if we do not get the seats that we financially wish for during relocation. Will we get our money back?

2. What are our odds of getting a pair of L Grey?

Thanks,

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by asterix606 View Post
    My friend and I have decided to give TFC one last chance. But only if we can relocate to L Grey.

We had for a few years, D Grey, at 995$ per seat. Even with the drop in this section to 760$, its way too much for the crap on and off the field.

Questions:

1. The sales rep told my friend that they need 25% down payment. What if we do not get the seats that we financially wish for during relocation. Will we get our money back?

2. What are our odds of getting a pair of L Grey?

Thanks,
    Once you say you're renewing and put the deposit down its done. Non-refundable.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Once you say you're renewing and put the deposit down its done. Non-refundable.

Do you think that my chances of getting L Grey are high? If not, we will drop our D Grey and not buy season tickets.

Is it even legal to take a 25% down and not reimburse if you did not get to buy the product that you wished for?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It has always been renew your current seats first, and than show up on relocation day and hope you can get different seats.

Considering the price drop, my guess is yellows and light greys will be hard to come by.

Its a big risk to take.

Besides, considering how sneaky and dishonest an organization this is, who knows if they hold back cheap seats at relocation events, making it harder to move from the expensive seats.
    Last edited by narduch; 11-07-2012 at 12:51 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it even legal to take a 25% down and not reimburse if you did not get to buy the product that you wished for?
    Its legal if you warn people ahead of time, which they did.

The renewal letter in the mail spells it out.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think it's appropriate to post this here since it pertains to this issue, but for those who haven't read it yet, great article by Ben Knight on CSN yesterday....http://www.canadiansoccernews.com/co...ticket-holders

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by narduch View Post
    Its legal if you warn people ahead of time, which they did.

The renewal letter in the mail spells it out.

Regardless, it's still a douchebag move, from douchebag MLSE!

I cannot take the risk of being forced to renew my D Grey if nothing is available!

I guess thats it for us then, we will not renew anything and buy single tickets when wished for.

Thanks for the info..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Regardless, it's still a douchebag move, from douchebag MLSE!

I cannot take the risk of being forced to renew my D Grey if nothing is available!

I guess thats it for us then, we will not renew anything and buy single tickets when wished for.

Thanks for the info..
    I agree with you, its still a dick move.

Who knows though, its all speculation. Maybe things are so bad people won't renew the cheap seats no matter what.

You have until Nov. 23 to decide.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcleeds View Post
    I think it's appropriate to post this here since it pertains to this issue, but for those who haven't read it yet, great article by Ben Knight on CSN yesterday....http://www.canadiansoccernews.com/co...ticket-holders
    This is a GREAT article. Unusual for CSN, which I don't rate very highly (due to Duane Rollins in particular) but Ben Knight nails it here. Hope Wheeler and some others around here read it. Posting for ease of readership:

Dear Toronto FC season ticket holders:

by Ben Knight

Published on 11-06-2012 10:25 AM
    19 Comments

I’ve been dreading doing this, but the truth needs saying and no one else is saying it.

It’s time to renew your annual financial commitment to Toronto FC.

Please don’t.

Here’s what you get, if you do:

- Deeply dysfunctional ownership in Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment.

- A seventh failed season of Tom Anselmi in ultimate charge.

- A loutish, inflammatory manager – Paul Mariner – who is currently the only person outside of MLSE head office who is convinced he is “very good” at what he does.

- A corporate co-pilot – Earl Cochrane – who has already helped seven different TFC coaches not win.

- Yes, you also get a significant drop in the price of your tickets (unless you sit in the north end), but with the other four factors unalterably in place, you are very likely still overpaying.

Here’s what you get if you don’t renew:

- Walk-up tickets to any game you want to see.

- Fewer doomed, useless nights at the park when you don’t want to be there.

The last thing I want to do is encourage thousands of loyal six-season survivors to cut Toronto FC’s most crucial financial lifeline. But the dysfunction at the top is so bad, there seems no other way of getting the point across than to threaten something MLSE understands vastly better than soccer – income.

I understand the comfort and tradition of having a regular seat. I have favourite spots in pretty much every arena I’ve even been in. Financial investment deepens commitment, too. You feel like you actually helped build the team.

That’s great:

- Until the team has one of the all-time worst six-year starts of any professional sports franchise in North American history.

- Until the team leaves the running of year seven to the same baffled, overmatched pilots who pancaked year six.

- Until you start hearing overwhelming evidence of the depth of disrespect most of the rest of MLS has for TFC.

- Until the only optimistic word is a luridly glowing pro-Mariner puff piece in the Toronto Star, written by a reporter I have never knowingly laid eyes on at BMO Field.

If you don’t renew, you can always come back when (if!) things improve.

What’s that? Worried about the lengthy waiting list?

The Toronto FC waiting list is one of this sad situation’s more compelling urban myths. Yes, it once existed, and was thousands strong. But wave a gas spectrometer at it, and here are its component parts:

- Large numbers of existing season ticket holders, looking for additional seats. These are dropping away.

- Ticket resale brokerages, looking for a piece of what once appeared to be The Next Big Thing. These are dying of starvation.

- Thousands of non-ticket holders, desperately wanting in. Most got it when the day-oners started drifting away.

There are really only two possible solutions to the current raw, gaping disaster (other than Mariner actually turning out to be as really good at this job as he says he is):

- Anselmi hires a real soccer man as TFC president, tosses him the keys and the bank-vault combination, and walks the hell away.

- Some soccer-loving Dragon buys MLSE out.

Absent of those, you are being asked to pay up all over again, to watch the same folks who screwed it all up try to unscrew it one more time without making any major changes at the top.

I believe, were they on the outside looking in, as financially savvy a group as Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment would not advise you to bankroll those odds.

It’s a very tough decision. I stood at a chilly curbside in a small city outside of Toronto this weekend, with a pair of sad-eyed season ticket holders who have pretty much decided not to renew. That same heartache is being felt in many places, by many dear people, this gray, drab, Great Lakes November day.

Clearly, follow your own hearts, everyone. Make your own deals, and may the soccer gods smile on your good intentions.

The ship is down. There are no lifeboats. Do you really want to buy a ticket for another cruise?

Onward!