View Poll Results: With the new prices, will you renew?

Voters
192. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

106 55.21%
  • Only with a management change

39 20.31%
  • No

27 14.06%
  • Already not a SSH

20 10.42%
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Belfast_Boy View Post
    OHHHHHH to have that much influence!

we should co-ordinate guerilla banner infliltration to the ACC. or do the bags with TFC gear on.
    A banner that says something to undermine folks who paid for the seats? That would royally piss off MLSE.

"MLSE GAVE THESE SEATS AWAY FREE" or something to that effect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    A banner that says something to undermine folks who paid for the seats? That would royally piss off MLSE.

"MLSE GAVE THESE SEATS AWAY FREE" or something to that effect.
    Now THAT would be golden!!!! Please, please, please someone do this!

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    I'm not sure he is downplaying it. Single game buyers already know that they are paying more (or should be) paying more than season ticket holders.
    I'll only be buying the odd single-game ticket next year. I'll be sure to let you know if I pay more than a season seat holder. I'm betting I won't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wull View Post
    Also, apparently they're on pace to make a new record for renewals in the early going so the reds and the north stand may take a hit but they may have dodged that particular bullet for now.
    "All calls recorded for quality assurance purposes".

Translation "you just told that guy sales weren't going well, that's not the company line, here's your final T4 and record of employment."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    There's a bad tv commercial on right now that sums up this dilemma for people: when someone offers to sell you a $10 banana for $5, it's still a $5 banana.

That is why I will not be back untill I see real change. For me it is realy not about price but about product, and not a winning product, but a product that I can believe in and hope for something better. I have not had that since the end of 2010, when I realized that this club was build of a fuondation of shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is the same time my son and I bailed,Trane ,and I see nothing to bring us back. I am still emotionally attached to whoever is on the field on a given day ( TFC would make a fortune selling programmes every game so fans can see who is playing and coaching ) but really resent the blowing of a wonderful opportunity to bring half decent soccer to Toronto by MLSE.
    The price ( way too high for the fans ) of FO arrogance.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cmonyoureds View Post

Translation "you just told that guy sales weren't going well, that's not the company line, here's your final T4 and record of employment."
    Are we saying that it's the ticket reps themselves telling us that renewal rates are going well? That's our source? Yikes. I'd like to know what "on pace for a record" would mean in real world numbers.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary_canuck View Post
    That is the same time my son and I bailed,Trane ,and I see nothing to bring us back. I am still emotionally attached to whoever is on the field on a given day ( TFC would make a fortune selling programmes every game so fans can see who is playing and coaching ) but really resent the blowing of a wonderful opportunity to bring half decent soccer to Toronto by MLSE.
    The price ( way too high for the fans ) of FO arrogance.
    I am still attached despite my better judgment, but I deeply resnet MLSE. I hate them like I have never hated an ownership gourp, and my first love is owned by fucking Berlusconi, so it tells you how much I hate them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Are we saying that it's the ticket reps themselves telling us that renewal rates are going well? That's our source? Yikes. I'd like to know what "on pace for a record" would mean in real world numbers.
    The explenation is simple there is a word missing, LOW, it should read "on pace for a record LOW".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DangerRed View Post
    I'll only be buying the odd single-game ticket next year. I'll be sure to let you know if I pay more than a season seat holder. I'm betting I won't.
    Agreed.

There are too many ways to buy/sell tickets these days. They can't stonewall on prices the way they might have 10 years ago.

Think that's the other half of the reason for "dynamic pricing", because if they are inflexible others will basically eat their lunch. Sure it looks like they benefit on the way up, but on the way down they are just trying to save their bacon while everyone tries to undercut each other

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They're not my source, Mark is my source

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^That's cool I just wanted something before it's passed as gospel. Rumours fly twice as fast in shit times.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I highly doubt that if renewals are going poorly that they would tell us. When have they ever been transparent about ticket demand?

Watching Ottawa Fury FC when not hanging off the top of Section 110 at BMO!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Note they didn't give free Marlies tickets... raises too many unpleasant memories for a lot of us.
    Ouch!! That sure does bring back the bad memories of the "Ransom Pack" days.

What a long way they fell ... I got one of my tickets last season with Air Miles.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'd like to see RPB at Raptor games with big ass signs calling for Mariner's and Cochrane's dismissal.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It has to be coming from reps,.....the guy I spoke to used those exact same words when I challenged him on sales, he stated that they were on record pace for sales, and its possible they were in the $200.00 range, but my guess is they have hit a brick wall with all other sections

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^

Agreed, the yellow section is going to sell fast at that price, no doubt. Going from over $300 to $190 is a great saving in the yellows. But the other sections are still going to be a harder sell. Even at bottom of the table TFC are still a $190 product. But in other sections, you need a better product and a winning team to be paying over $1000 for a pair of tickets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wull View Post
    They're not my source, Mark is my source
    Honest question - who's Mark? And any chance he would have any input into what the company line would be to inquiries? Or would he have a vested interest in presenting a positive spin?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honest question - who's Mark? And any chance he would have any input into what the company line would be to inquiries? Or would he have a vested interest in presenting a positive spin?
    that's me.

it came from Anselmi himself. I don't think he was bullshitting. there would be no reason for it, he knows that I don't give a shit about money, tickets, suppporter sections or the price of beer. I'm only concerned with football.
    lol, no vested interest here my friend. only a selfish need to improve football.
    Last edited by Belfast_Boy; 11-01-2012 at 02:59 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's me.

it came from Anselmi himself. I don't think he was bullshitting. there would be no reason for it, he knows that I don't give a shit about money, tickets, suppporter sections or the price of beer. I'm only concerned with football.
    lol, no vested interest here my friend. only a selfish need to improve football.
    AMEN that is the fucking bottom fucking line. I do not care about shit all else.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    I know a lot of the stuff in here is negative about the promotion for the Raps tickets but I don't mind since I like going to Raps games. I tend to get lucky and they win when I go and lots of times I come away with free pizza the next day. Anyhow, I don't mind the promotion because I was going to renew my south end seats for one more year. If anyone can't use their free pair they get please let me know because I would love to bring my kids to a game in the lower bowl and usually way out of my price range. Thanks.
    ^this ..they're great and with THE up and coming coach........they're giving us something for god's sake thats all.....if mariner stays next years done sooo....enjoy the young raps everyone
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So who will be not using their free Raptors tickets? We should have a thread for those who are not planning/can't use their free tickets, so they can be passed onto those who can, no point in the, going to waste.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah that's bogus IMO.

Sales can't be going well.

They just threw in Raptors tickets for early renewals... they wouldn't be sweetening the pot if renewals were at record pace.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is good news because it's forces MLSE to get their shit together. First step of doing that is to get rid of Mariner and Cochrane then hire a president from a successful background to run TFC.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gomesv View Post
    It has to be coming from reps,.....the guy I spoke to used those exact same words when I challenged him on sales, he stated that they were on record pace for sales, and its possible they were in the $200.00 range, but my guess is they have hit a brick wall with all other sections
    that's me.

Thanks guys.

Anselmi and at least one ticket rep is saying sales are on pace for record sales or doing well. Let's remember this as the freebies of jerseys and other MLSE tickets are thrown at us.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thanks guys.

Anselmi and at least one ticket rep is saying sales are on pace for record sales or doing well. Let's remember this as the freebies of jerseys and other MLSE tickets are thrown at us.
    Another way of saying it "Hurry, while quantities last"

I'm skeptical as "record sales" seems to be an intriguing way of describing renewals. They aren't selling new season tickets, they are simply collecting renewals. So the measure would be renewals to this point this year vs renewals to this point in previous years.

Considering in the early seasons we reached the ceiling on tickets (supposedly), how exactly can you be on pace to break renewal records? If everyone renews, as they supposedly did or were close to in previous years, the record is 100%.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks guys.

price reduction + free shit = good renewals. makes sense no?
    factoring in the free stuff i'm probably paying between $100 - $150 for my seat. who wouldn't renew?
    I know a lot of guys that were very serious about not renewing. the price drop happened and they are now back in.

TBH I don't really give a shit about the business side of TFC. I just want football fixed.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

price reduction + free shit = good renewals. makes sense no?
    factoring in the free stuff i'm probably paying between $100 - $150 for my seat. who wouldn't renew?
    I know a lot of guys that were very serious about not renewing. the price drop happened and they are now back in.

TBH I don't really give a shit about the business side of TFC. I just want football fixed.
    Yeah I agree about the business side of things I just wanted this fact nailed down for future debate on how the masses are responding to renewing. I know how we're responding. Thanks again for the info.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBlake View Post
    So who will be not using their free Raptors tickets? We should have a thread for those who are not planning/can't use their free tickets, so they can be passed onto those who can, no point in the, going to waste.
    I'm gonna go and support the 5 guys on the floor.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just renewed my 4 seats in supporters section. Stay strong boys, this shit storm will weather out. (crossing fingers)

...P.S.....FIRE MARINER AND COCHRANE ALREADY! Anselmi DO IT! DROP THE HAMMER!