View Poll Results: Going to Montreal in 2013?

Voters
256. You may not vote on this poll
  • YEEEAAHHH !!!

128 50.00%
  • probably yes, pending a few things

85 33.20%
  • most likely not, but we'll see

21 8.20%
  • nope. no way.

22 8.59%
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Holy shit yeah.

I'm going to make a bold prediction: If it's not true GA, that is, if there is more than a section designated on the ticket- THERE WILL BE COMPLAINTS.

Call me Kreskin.
    There will be complaints no matter what. And if it's not over this it will be over a drum, the capo, too many flags or that some guy on a megaphone is speaking to them in a tone they don't like and asking them to sit down and then stand back up.

No matter what, tfc fans will find something stupid to complain about and support will suffer accordingly. It's been hurting for years now and no one wants to do anything about it.

If it meant erecting a cage and putting us animals in it, you'd find me there simply so I wouldn't have to hear retarded complaints from self Centered knobs who decided to make the trek to Montreal.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AL-MO View Post
    There will be complaints no matter what. And if it's not over this it will be over a drum, the capo, too many flags or that some guy on a megaphone is speaking to them in a tone they don't like and asking them to sit down and then stand back up.

No matter what, tfc fans will find something stupid to complain about and support will suffer accordingly. It's been hurting for years now and no one wants to do anything about it.

If it meant erecting a cage and putting us animals in it, you'd find me there simply so I wouldn't have to hear retarded complaints from self Centered knobs who decided to make the trek to Montreal.
    I think that simple step (a designated section vs a specific seat number) would go a long way to help and then if the various communications (boards and fb) relay to sit/stand in the according area would do a lot to help.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to say who cares? Go to the game, sing, yell and whatever else...support the team you love and then go home.

Its not this complicated to support a sports team no matter what the sport is, and no matter where you are sitting. When did things become so calculated with TFC support? Its as if every little detail has to be perfect for people to cheer on the team.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mdc 77 View Post
    I have to say who cares? Go to the game, sing, yell and whatever else...support the team you love and then go home.

Its not this complicated to support a sports team no matter what the sport is, and no matter where you are sitting. When did things become so calculated with TFC support? Its as if every little detail has to be perfect for people to cheer on the team.
    because there are people who always cause trouble (like, getting security to boot people out of their seats without even talking to the people sitting there)
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    because there are people who always cause trouble (like, getting security to boot people out of their seats without even talking to the people sitting there)
    I'm not sure how you can say they are causing trouble. They've been given/purchased tickets to sit in those seats and at every other sporting/social event that they have gone to before , they've been told they need to sit in their seats. If they've never been told any different, how are they to know that the area is now unofficially GA? They are doing what they believe to be the most rational thing, sitting in their own seats.

When we are in someone else's seat, because it's convenient for us, we are now making it inconvenient for them and placing the burden of finding new seats on them. I agree that they should come over and speak to the individual's first, but I don't blame them that if they are in a section that is as boisterous as the supporter sections can be that they may feel intimidated to do so. It can't be solely be looked at in our eyes of them coming in and breaking up the party.

The burden of this should be on TFC to establish distinct sections for this travelling group - a supporters-esque section - flags, banners, standing and loose seating arrangements. Another section for those whose support is less animated, but no less sincere, and prefer an unimpeded view. That seems simple enough

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pdogg View Post
    I'm not sure how you can say they are causing trouble. They've been given/purchased tickets to sit in those seats and at every other sporting/social event that they have gone to before , they've been told they need to sit in their seats. If they've never been told any different, how are they to know that the area is now unofficially GA? They are doing what they believe to be the most rational thing, sitting in their own seats.

When we are in someone else's seat, because it's convenient for us, we are now making it inconvenient for them and placing the burden of finding new seats on them. I agree that they should come over and speak to the individual's first, but I don't blame them that if they are in a section that is as boisterous as the supporter sections can be that they may feel intimidated to do so. It can't be solely be looked at in our eyes of them coming in and breaking up the party.
    it'd be nice if they bother to talk to the guys in their seats before going to the security first. solve problems at lowest level before getting others involved
    The burden of this should be on TFC to establish distinct sections for this travelling group - a supporters-esque section - flags, banners, standing and loose seating arrangements. Another section for those whose support is less animated, but no less sincere, and prefer an unimpeded view. That seems simple enough
    this is essentially what I'm talking about. a supporters section (and this will be GA, even unofficially) and a general section for the rest
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and the pissing contest has begun. Being in a supporters section doesn't automatically mean capos, GA etc. Remember, we were told in no uncertain terms beforehand that we had to be in the seats we were given, no ifs ands or buts. Only when I got in and saw some of the regulars did we find out that the security no longer acred so we went and stood where we could. Also, the capo took it upon himself to move during the match. Had he stayed where he started there probably wouldn't have been as much fuss about that bit anyway

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Problem was security didn't check tickets and it became a free for all.

Everyone wanted to be in the supporters section then some whining and complaining happened when we started cheering and supporting the club, stand up and sit down.

FYR nail it...

FYR Quote:

"I think that simple step (a designated section vs a specific seat number) would go a long way to help and then if the various communications (boards and fb) relay to sit/stand in the according area would do a lot to help"

Designated specific section only - stand up sit down singing chanting would help alot.

If you're there you know what you're getting so don't whine and complain about it.

I seriously was lucky enough to be in the right row and not my actual seat.

It got way out of hand then that's where the problem/issue started.

This needs to be changed/fixed or else the circus will continue.

GlenM
    Last edited by GlenM; 10-25-2012 at 10:31 AM.
    "You play to win the game"

Herm Edwards - Former NFL Coach

Watching Ottawa Fury FC when not hanging off the top of Section 110 at BMO!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As this would be a shorter "road trip" than my trips to BMO I would have to say Yes pending the date.
    With any luck I can pick up a ticket from a SSH who is not going to make the trip and end up in the TFC fans section.

Last time I went our seats in the Big Oh-Oh really sucked but such is the life of a traveling supporter.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wull View Post
    and the pissing contest has begun. Being in a supporters section doesn't automatically mean capos, GA etc. Remember, we were told in no uncertain terms beforehand that we had to be in the seats we were given, no ifs ands or buts. Only when I got in and saw some of the regulars did we find out that the security no longer acred so we went and stood where we could. Also, the capo took it upon himself to move during the match. Had he stayed where he started there probably wouldn't have been as much fuss about that bit anyway
    Who does this capo think he is?! Some nerve.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AL-MO View Post
    Who does this capo think he is?! Some nerve.....
    I was merely answering why there may have been issues, go get in a pissing contest about types of support with someone else

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wull View Post
    I was merely answering why there may have been issues, go get in a pissing contest about types of support with someone else
    Nice disengage there.

The problem was the fact that Montreal (and Toronto for that matter) have to get on board with us. They've taken the route of saying the rules are one way and then re-enforcing halfway. Yes we say it'll be treated GA and as long as there isn't a mob fight security will take the "complaints dep." route. Make a stink about it- you'll get the seat you may or may not want by the end of the day. I doubt it will be fixed but I'd like to see it.

"The traveling capo" method didn't seem too popular with people that didn't travel with him. I'd suggest a setup closer to BMO that spreads support wider at the front, leaving those that don't want to or just can't get involved for various reasons, to do so.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Nice disengage there.

The problem was the fact that Montreal (and Toronto for that matter) have to get on board with us. They've taken the route of saying the rules are one way and then re-enforcing halfway. Yes we say it'll be treated GA and as long as there isn't a mob fight security will take the "complaints dep." route. Make a stink about it- you'll get the seat you may or may not want by the end of the day. I doubt it will be fixed but I'd like to see it.

"The traveling capo" method didn't seem too popular with people that didn't travel with him. I'd suggest a setup closer to BMO that spreads support wider at the front, leaving those that don't want to or just can't get involved for various reasons, to do so.
    I would agree with most of that. I think people did sort of line up as best possible where they wanted to be (again, we were all told strict enforcement of seating and when we got there they didn't really care) then people moved, the capo moved, the smoke and flares came out and it all made some people very uncomfortable. Our lot not really being in it until late in the second half didn't help anything either in terms of people's moods and what they wanted to do in the stands

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why is Montreal having this game at the Big O now that Saputo is being used?

I hope MLSE didn't say "You have us at the Big O and we will have you at the Rogers Centre, then we can get thousands of traveling fans each!"

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canada72 View Post
    Why is Montreal having this game at the Big O now that Saputo is being used?

I hope MLSE didn't say "You have us at the Big O and we will have you at the Rogers Centre, then we can get thousands of traveling fans each!"
    Montreal Impact has always said that they will have a few games in the Olympic Stadium each season, even after Saputo was renovated. Especially since this will be an early-season game where the weather may be really bad in Montreal.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Montreal Impact has always said that they will have a few games in the Olympic Stadium each season, even after Saputo was renovated. Especially since this will be an early-season game where the weather may be really bad in Montreal.
    I hope so. The country club members only attitude of some is troubling. If you can sell 45 000 tickets, everyone should suck it up and enjoy the day. It's better than then 11k that was showing up at the end.

NOTE that wasn't directed at Auzzy- but the qoute you qouted...lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now that this poor exuse of a season is over I do plan on gpoing to Montreal next year cause I have a funny suspicsion we will be a better team next year,

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation

These are the facts:

Parkdale
    Fort York Red Coat
    Belfast Boy
    London
    Al-MO
    tfcleeds
    Mark in Ottawa
    GlenM
    Yohan
    Suds
    Werewolf
    Wagner
    Redcoe15
    Cashcleaner
    Cblake
    Flatpicker
    Pinkie

Who in their right fucking MIND would miss a party with this invite list?
    Not this NORB.
    Going to tear that town APART!
    Bring it, sing it, sling it, win it.
    Fuck yeah!
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Count me in!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I talked to my Ticket rep today and he told me that the Montreal game WILL be played on a Saturday!!!!!!

He said they know the date already but he wouldnt tell me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Technorgasm View Post
    These are the facts:

Parkdale
    Fort York Red Coat
    Belfast Boy
    London
    Al-MO
    tfcleeds
    Mark in Ottawa
    GlenM
    Yohan
    Suds
    Werewolf
    Wagner
    Redcoe15
    Cashcleaner
    Cblake
    Flatpicker
    Pinkie

Not this NORB.
    Fuck yeah!
    I love this guy.

Watching Ottawa Fury FC when not hanging off the top of Section 110 at BMO!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And depending upon the day that the game is played we will most likely see a collection of Bastards (75MB and otherwise) from all over the place descending on Montreal.
    Just think ... if this hockey strike thingy goes a whole season Montreal will be ready for some sports partying come springtime!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These are the facts:

Parkdale
    Fort York Red Coat
    Belfast Boy
    London
    Al-MO
    tfcleeds
    Mark in Ottawa
    GlenM
    Yohan
    Suds
    Werewolf
    Wagner
    Redcoe15
    Cashcleaner
    Cblake
    Flatpicker
    Pinkie

Not this NORB.
    Fuck yeah!
    I love being named in such a group that is held with much high regard, ONWARD to Montreal. FUCK YEH.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by J-Man View Post
    I talked to my Ticket rep today and he told me that the Montreal game WILL be played on a Saturday!!!!!!

He said they know the date already but he wouldnt tell me.
    Saturday is great, but it would be nice to know the month?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JayMolly View Post
    Saturday is great, but it would be nice to know the month?
    It's First Kick isn't it? March 9th or March 16th I'd guess. Which are the two bookends to the March Break for Ontario schools this year.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These are the facts:

Parkdale
    Fort York Red Coat
    Belfast Boy
    London
    Al-MO
    tfcleeds
    Mark in Ottawa
    GlenM
    Yohan
    Suds
    Werewolf
    Wagner
    Redcoe15
    Cashcleaner
    Cblake
    Flatpicker
    Pinkie

Not this NORB.
    Fuck yeah!
    unfortunately, i'll be down in france for this. fortunately, the 6 hour time difference will give me reason to watch the living shit outt've this game.

i'll be there and drunk in spirit. if someone wants to bring a giant cardboard cutout of my head, i'd appreciate it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure if it's been discussed anywhere, but Paul B mentioned yesterday that they may plan to charter a whole bunch of buses to take fans to the game and back on the same day, if the schedule accommodates it (weekend afternoon game). Also said it would be on a first come first serve basis.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    It's First Kick isn't it? March 9th or March 16th I'd guess. Which are the two bookends to the March Break for Ontario schools this year.
    Confirmed! Saturday March 16th at the Big O! http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2012/12...aps-first-kick

Second weekend of March break!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Onward to Montreal, let the great invasion of 2013 go in full force. Bring it on. I am already looking forward to this. What a great weekend it will be. All hands on deck.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    Confirmed! Saturday March 16th at the Big O! http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2012/12...aps-first-kick

Second weekend of March break!
    TFC, UFC, March break, and St. Patrick's Day weekend.

This could be a bad one for the liver and the wallet.