View Poll Results: Going to Montreal in 2013?

Voters
256. You may not vote on this poll
  • YEEEAAHHH !!!

128 50.00%
  • probably yes, pending a few things

85 33.20%
  • most likely not, but we'll see

21 8.20%
  • nope. no way.

22 8.59%
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Car Pool organization time!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So nice so much people go there from Toronto , but Montreal gone beat us so up because again we don't have a Mls team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    Comone, get with the Conspiracy Theory Program. They did root out most of the Supporters and it will be mostly folks who sit on their hands,lol
    How 'bout this for scandal:

TFC front office promises away tix to renew season seats for a game during March break figuring hell, ain't nobody dragging the wife and kids to Montreal on March break.
    An insane number of fans take em up on the offer and F/O thinks "shyte, this is gonna cost a fortune. Someone figure out a way to cut costs on this thing!!!!!"

There's a giant delay in sending out tickets while they try to bargain with Saputo to only pay for actual USED tickets. Then they come up with a "bus lottery" to kill travel plans and cut numbers, which in turn cuts costs.

Additionally rumors start to surface that the teams two biggest names aren't in any condition to be playing anytime soon, especially not the first kick opener.

Tell me you don't think this organization would be capable of this...............

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cmonyoureds View Post
    How 'bout this for scandal:

TFC front office promises away tix to renew season seats for a game during March break figuring hell, ain't nobody dragging the wife and kids to Montreal on March break.
    An insane number of fans take em up on the offer and F/O thinks "shyte, this is gonna cost a fortune. Someone figure out a way to cut costs on this thing!!!!!"

There's a giant delay in sending out tickets while they try to bargain with Saputo to only pay for actual USED tickets. Then they come up with a "bus lottery" to kill travel plans and cut numbers, which in turn cuts costs.

Additionally rumors start to surface that the teams two biggest names aren't in any condition to be playing anytime soon, especially not the first kick opener.

Tell me you don't think this organization would be capable of this...............
    That's completely absurd. They made it quite clear that there would only be limited bussing. Surely we don't need to invent conspiracy theories ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    That's completely absurd. They made it quite clear that there would only be limited bussing. Surely we don't need to invent conspiracy theories ...
    2200 posts and counting makes me think you've been around these parts long enough to realize creating conspiracy theories has it's own appendix in the RPB charter.......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there going to be an organised march like last year?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just found out I lost the draw for the bus, but still going!!!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gdg_9 View Post
    For me, it's not even really about the cost. It's about the experience.

I was originally planning on making a weekend of it with some friends, and had no qualms spending money to stay in MTL.
    But for several reasons, the timing of that specific weekend just didn't work out.

So the next option was for me to go for the same day trip.

But taking a same day bus with all the other TFC Fans is alot different then having to take a same day Mega Bus.

The atmosphere and experience just wouldn't be the same.

EDIT:

p.s. My 2 tickets are now likely up for grabs. PM me if you're interested.

I'm going same day MEGA bus (Good thing I bought the megabus ticket on the chance I didn't get the TFC lottery bus - it was a $38 gamble for me).
    Last year there was quite a few TFC fans on the megabus to MOntreal too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone know if they will allow alcohol on the buses that TFC is providing? It'll make for a better trip if they do

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sdcfan18 View Post
    Anyone know if they will allow alcohol on the buses that TFC is providing? It'll make for a better trip if they do
    I would say officially no way in hell, but just be discreet about it, use that timmies/starbucks cups and make a few trips down to the washroom for a pouring session.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Klinsmann View Post
    I'm going same day MEGA bus (Good thing I bought the megabus ticket on the chance I didn't get the TFC lottery bus - it was a $38 gamble for me).
    Last year there was quite a few TFC fans on the megabus to MOntreal too.
    I will say Mega Bus works well if people want to be more flex with their travel plans. I used it all three times last year for the Reds trips into Montreal and it was great every time. I got a great deal on a VIA for my trip down next month but will be using Mega Bus to get back to Toronto on the Sunday.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KingBee View Post
    Is there going to be an organised march like last year?

someone know this?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cmonyoureds View Post
    2200 posts and counting makes me think you've been around these parts long enough to realize creating conspiracy theories has it's own appendix in the RPB charter.......
    Touché

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfc2008 View Post
    someone know this?
    A march in MTL? This can be done... not sure how far some of our hotels are... looks like a gathering early at the parking lot my be the best bet then we all March from the parking lot... we'll post on the boards and send the message accross

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    A march in MTL? This can be done... not sure how far some of our hotels are... looks like a gathering early at the parking lot my be the best bet then we all March from the parking lot... we'll post on the boards and send the message accross
    Last year we all met at Dorchester Square, a park on Peel Street because of the time of day the game was, being 12 noon. Our usual watering hole, Mcleans is right across the steet from it. With the game at 4 pm, I was thinking we should take over the up stairs level say at 12 or earlier and head out from there whenever. We would march up Peel Street to the subway.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfc2008 View Post
    So nice so much people go there from Toronto , but Montreal gone beat us so up because again we don't have a Mls team.
    lol are you from MTL?
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Last year we all met at Dorchester Square, a park on Peel Street because of the time of day the game was, being 12 noon. Our usual watering hole, Mcleans is right across the steet from it. With the game at 4 pm, I was thinking we should take over the up stairs level say at 12 or earlier and head out from there whenever. We would march up Peel Street to the subway.

I also remember the clusterfuck when everyone tried to buy metro tickets at the same time... Buy metro tickets in advance of the meet up!
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    I also remember the clusterfuck when everyone tried to buy metro tickets at the same time... Buy metro tickets in advance of the meet up!
    This is a must.
    RPB Road Warrior. DC United 9/29/07, Columbus Chaos 3/25/08, DC Rumble 5/24/08, Montreal Madness 5/27/08, Chicago 7/12/08, Kansas City Opener 3/21/09, Columbus Smoke 3/28/09, Boston Bus Bounce 8/1/09, Montreal 1000 4/7/12 Montreal 3200 3/16/2013 Columbus Bus Breakdown 3/21/15, Montreal Playoffs 10/29/15, Montreal Opener 04/23/16, Montreal East Final 11/22/16, Chicago 08/19/17, NY Semi-Final 10/30/17, Columbus East Final 11/21/17, Montreal "Dichio Lives" 3/17/18

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post

well sounds cool if everyone would meet there and then walking to the subway station in mass, and then hundreds, maybe 1,000 fans taking over the subway would look awsome. But we would need to leave lots of time as McLean's is in downtown core, Big O stadium is 10 Subway station stops away from there and then a short walk from the subway into the stadium. And as you said we need to buy some tickets in advance or else that will be another big delay all trying to buy hundreds of tickets at the same time, would take forever.
    Last edited by james; 02-25-2013 at 12:52 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What time are most people taking the mega bus to Montreal? I still need to book but I think I'll take the 9am one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

are bus lottery spots transferable? i 'won' the lottery but I cant attend due to unforeseen circumstances and wouldnt mind passing them to a supporter...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcfan2011 View Post
    are bus lottery spots transferable? i 'won' the lottery but I cant attend due to unforeseen circumstances and wouldnt mind passing them to a supporter...
    If you find out they are I would be interested.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got an extra pair of tickets to the game? Since you're not going?
    i would PM but it doesn't seem to be working...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would be interested as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Ripoff View Post
    What time are most people taking the mega bus to Montreal? I still need to book but I think I'll take the 9am one.
    Taking the 6:30am bus on Friday, and the 9:30am bus on Sunday to be back in Toronto in time for St. Paddy's day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    i tryed to private message you but it seems that the "Red ptch boys data system is down"?? I don't know basicly i can not read what you sent back to me. Anyways we need to meet up Saturday for some drinks man!!

Oh and by the way you know if we are aloud flags in the stadium? I want to bring my old one. And we getting any diplays set-up for this one?
    Last edited by james; 02-26-2013 at 04:53 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Ripoff View Post
    We are taking the 6:30 am Saturday morning, and coming back on the 9:00pm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys big supporter located in Ottawa wondering what section you are located in? Would love to be near some fellow supporters at this match!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by harrisd613 View Post
    Hey guys big supporter located in Ottawa wondering what section you are located in? Would love to be near some fellow supporters at this match!
    Phil or Bluenose can get you the details... I'm just gonna look for the Big Red Patch lol
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://soccerplus.ca/wp-content/uplo...vrier-2013.mp3

This podcast dude is quoting Richard Legendre, VP of Impact and says about 4-5000 TFC supporters expected for this game. Would pretty much make away supporters record untouchable

My French can barely understand Quebecois. Does anyone want to verify this for me? Around 23 min mark.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano