View Poll Results: Going to Montreal in 2013?

Voters
256. You may not vote on this poll
  • YEEEAAHHH !!!

128 50.00%
  • probably yes, pending a few things

85 33.20%
  • most likely not, but we'll see

21 8.20%
  • nope. no way.

22 8.59%
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For those still looking for a hotel, this is a good link...
    https://www.google.ca/hotels/#search...=3;si=29b0edc0

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

UFC 158: ST-PIERRE vs. DIAZ

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Bell Centre, Montreal.

I just got tickets on presale,if someone wants it,here it is.

Go to: http://www.evenko.ca/en/show/event/u...-vs.-diaz-7045

Presale option: http://www.evenko.ca/html/tickets/ufc158/presales.html

Bottom under Social ticket;Password is UFCSOCIAL

GOOD LUCK and see you in Montreal!
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    UFC 158: ST-PIERRE vs. DIAZ

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Bell Centre, Montreal.

I just got tickets on presale,if someone wants it,here it is.

Go to: http://www.evenko.ca/en/show/event/u...-vs.-diaz-7045

Presale option: http://www.evenko.ca/html/tickets/ufc158/presales.html

Bottom under Social ticket;Password is UFCSOCIAL

GOOD LUCK and see you in Montreal!
    Thanks D, just picked up 3 seats.....Going to be 1 crazy day.
    RPB Road Warrior. DC United 9/29/07, Columbus Chaos 3/25/08, DC Rumble 5/24/08, Montreal Madness 5/27/08, Chicago 7/12/08, Kansas City Opener 3/21/09, Columbus Smoke 3/28/09, Boston Bus Bounce 8/1/09, Montreal 1000 4/7/12 Montreal 3200 3/16/2013 Columbus Bus Breakdown 3/21/15, Montreal Playoffs 10/29/15, Montreal Opener 04/23/16, Montreal East Final 11/22/16, Chicago 08/19/17, NY Semi-Final 10/30/17, Columbus East Final 11/21/17, Montreal "Dichio Lives" 3/17/18

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess I'm going to MTRL. I just bought 2 tickets to the UFC event. Now to figure out how to make a March break, a wedding in Mexico and a family trip to NY (within the same 10 days) work so that my head doesn't explode.
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We just booked a big two queen, two bedroom suite at Candlewood Suites. Staying there with my family Wed. through Sunday; travelling Via Rail on points. We've stayed at that Candlewood before. Not amazing, but great price and great location, especially for the amount of space you get, plus a kitchen in the suite etc. You can get suites for up to 6 people, starting at $135 per night, or starting at $96 for smaller suites.

Just don't come there if you plan on being noisy overnight... Although I'm sure others will already be doing that...

I wonder if there will be a family-friendly section for Toronto fans in the stadium. I don't want to get in anyone's way who wants to stand & dance; but my kids won't want to stand. We shall see...
    Last edited by Auzzy; 01-27-2013 at 12:29 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Staying at the same hotel look to be a good deal book about month a go.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just got off the phone with my brother. I gave him our travel schedule for getting to and from Montreal in March. He's excited about the trip as he's never experienced Montreal before. Or what it's like being with a supporters group on the road. He'll fit right in as he likes beer as much as his brother.

You have been notified.
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like I will be adding a 3rd person to the trip, any idea how i can get another ticket to the game?

Also i'm assuming it will basically be GA in the supporters section?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    Looks like I will be adding a 3rd person to the trip, any idea how i can get another ticket to the game?

Also i'm assuming it will basically be GA in the supporters section?
    As of right now we do not know how away tickets will be handled due to the fact TFC is giving all of their season ticket holders tickets to the game, which would be in the range of 16K. Now we all know that not all people will take their tickets for the game in Montreal. Also what has not been revealed is is if people will have any choice in selection of their seats.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Redcoe15 View Post
    I just got off the phone with my brother. I gave him our travel schedule for getting to and from Montreal in March. He's excited about the trip as he's never experienced Montreal before. Or what it's like being with a supporters group on the road. He'll fit right in as he likes beer as much as his brother.

You have been notified.
    Call the Game Warden, because there are going to be 2 animals loose in Montreal!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    As of right now we do not know how away tickets will be handled due to the fact TFC is giving all of their season ticket holders tickets to the game, which would be in the range of 16K. Now we all know that not all people will take their tickets for the game in Montreal. Also what has not been revealed is is if people will have any choice in selection of their seats.
    when are they going to be announcing all these details? it's less than 6wks away..... people need to make plans....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

somehow i heard (but can't remember from where), TFC FO will be releasing details mid Feb.... don't bet on it though...
    RPB Road Warrior: supporting Toronto FC anywhere on planet earth

TM: YYZ Red Patch Army #18, FC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the pole i chose "Probably yes, depending on a few things" Because im still not entirely sure on all the details, im sure as many of you, but maybe some of you know more than I do and can help me out, Id be busing to MTL with a few friends but I need to know about supporter transportation. Maybe it was a misunderstanding, but from what I heard TFC is ordering supporters buses but at the cost of nothing, is that true? If not please let me know whats up, i must be there in March ! Also in terms of purchasing tix, im not a season seat holder,...am I still going to be able to get my hand on some ?

Cheers!
    Q.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mexinese View Post
    On the pole i chose "Probably yes, depending on a few things" Because im still not entirely sure on all the details, im sure as many of you, but maybe some of you know more than I do and can help me out, Id be busing to MTL with a few friends but I need to know about supporter transportation. Maybe it was a misunderstanding, but from what I heard TFC is ordering supporters buses but at the cost of nothing, is that true? If not please let me know whats up, i must be there in March ! Also in terms of purchasing tix, im not a season seat holder,...am I still going to be able to get my hand on some ?

Cheers!
    Q.
    Hey the details haven't been released but I think it's safe to assume those free "supporter buses" you are referring to will be strictly for season seat holders if they indeed follow through and provide this service. For instance, my two season seats will get me two game tickets and two bus seats should I take up their offer. I may be wrong but I'd definitely start looking at some other travel arrangements if you aren't a SSH (or using a SHH's tickets).

As for additional tix, you shouldn't have a problem getting some. The Big O probably won't sell out even with all the SSH traveling for TFC. I believe TFC is going to provide a contact for additional tickets when they release the rest of the details for SHH's.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stress View Post
    Hey the details haven't been released but I think it's safe to assume those free "supporter buses" you are referring to will be strictly for season seat holders if they indeed follow through and provide this service. For instance, my two season seats will get me two game tickets and two bus seats should I take up their offer. I may be wrong but I'd definitely start looking at some other travel arrangements if you aren't a SSH (or using a SHH's tickets).

As for additional tix, you shouldn't have a problem getting some. The Big O probably won't sell out even with all the SSH traveling for TFC. I believe TFC is going to provide a contact for additional tickets when they release the rest of the details for SHH's.

Sweet thanks, yea, I actually just got off the phone with TFC ticket office, your right, the busing is just for the SSH's but, they also said its still a toss up as to if its going to pull through or not and to call back later in the week for better details. So ill probably travel Megabus since their rates are super cheap anyways. Then in terms of getting tix...im sure liek you said ill be able to get some, hoepfully not too expensive. Would have to be with the TFC supporters of course...dont want to mix in with the Impact, no way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So we have to wait out for seating details? Im in the same boat as Maxinese getting there isnt the problem but id like to know if we are getting a section.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Newell View Post
    So we have to wait out for seating details? Im in the same boat as Maxinese getting there isnt the problem but id like to know if we are getting a section.
    Exactly, as long as I can get reasonably priced tix ( which im sure they will be) with the TFC supporters then im good to go, transportation wont be a problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what i was wonderring is if TFC doe's organise buses are the busses going be leaving at something like 4am saturday and get you there for the game and then drive straight home after the game or would the buses drive there and then drive home the next morning??? No point on driving all the way up and then back home that same day, i know some people did that back when we had the huge group travelling to Columbus. Might as well get at least 1 night in. Or even better leave friday morning come home sunday!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also wonder what numbers we are looking at travelling for this game when you include in Usecter travelling and other fans that might not be one the Red Patch Boys website.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All right I'm in!!! Booked a hotel and a megabus ride, so let's go Reds!!! Google translation lol : D'accord, je suis! Nous avons réservé un hôtel et un tour de Megabus, alors allons-y Reds!
    Last edited by Red Adder; 01-31-2013 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Fr Trans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got the email from TFC and reserved my tickets for Montreal!

It also mentions TFC are providing 10 busses to go on game-day, and spots on these will be determined by a draw.

It doesn't specifically mention this, but is it safe to assume these busses will be doing a same-day round trip?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gdg_9 View Post
    It also mentions TFC are providing 10 busses to go on game-day, and spots on these will be determined by a draw.
    My email didn't mention this at all. Did it say how to enter the draw to be on a bus?

EDIT:

never mind, it wasn't in the email it was on the page after you requested your tickets.
    Last edited by Greatest Ripoff; 02-04-2013 at 04:59 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gdg_9 View Post
    Just got the email from TFC and reserved my tickets for Montreal!

It doesn't specifically mention this, but is it safe to assume these busses will be doing a same-day round trip?
    Yes they will be same day busses, will be very interesting to see how many TFC season ticket holders take their tix, I guess we will know for sure in a few weeks when the TFC FO tells their counterparts in MTL how many to mail out. I would be over the moon if more than 4K took up the offer but who knows.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Yes they will be same day busses, will be very interesting to see how many TFC season ticket holders take their tix, I guess we will know for sure in a few weeks when the TFC FO tells their counterparts in MTL how many to mail out. I would be over the moon if more than 4K took up the offer but who knows.
    I'm hoping we get a big number like this and its a real gritty game. That would really help build this rivalry into something special.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got my email

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so 10 coach buses (with approx. 50 seats/bus), theyre offering to bring approx. 500 fans to the game. Lets say 1/4 of the season seat holder decides to go, which is approx. 3750, what are the chances Ill win the draw???? 14% lol?

forget about the buses might as well drive there and stay a night
    Last edited by khso11; 02-04-2013 at 10:12 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder when the draw is going to take place? Hopefully by end of next week, so I know if I won the draw or not.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If any SSH's aren't going to this, there are a number of people looking for these tickets in the ticket flip section. Myself included

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For those looking for a hotel: I just bid on priceline for the March 15th to 17th. I got success in the Convention Centre zone at $87, staying at the Hyatt Regency on St Catherines. It's a good deal. Right above the Eggspectations, so I know where I will be for breakfast pregame!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

airbnb.com for cheap apartment rentals. You can usually find great deals there.