Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LA Houston. That'll be just the game for our TFC wake. Ho hum.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fucking told you LA would manage the one team who would ensure LA host the final.

Houston will get blown out.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting that a league that prides itself on its parity will have a repeat of last years finalists, LA v Houston.

You can argue all you want about the validity of playoffs, but I think both teams deserved to be in the final based on their performances.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dynamo will win on PK's.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got around to watching the Sounders-LA game, the MLS has to spend some money to train their Officials better. As a neutral it's frustrating watching these playoffs, it's almost a given that the teams will not decide the outcome, poor officiating will.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nerepis View Post
    Just got around to watching the Sounders-LA game, the MLS has to spend some money to train their Officials better. As a neutral it's frustrating watching these playoffs, it's almost a given that the teams will not decide the outcome, poor officiating will.
    yeah... especially the Ref of the Year is non other than Silviu Petrescu... who will officiate the MLS Cup final

http://www.canadiansoccernews.com/co...ims-MLS-honour
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't believe Siliviu Petrescu was named official of the year. Would like to know who exactly voted for that, was it the managers or the players?? I'd be shocked.

He calls the game and reads things like someone I would expect to officiate a Wednesday night pub game. It's not like the officiating pool is all that talented - and really what can be expected? they are paid minimally - but come on, this guy is not at the top of his peer group.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    yeah... especially the Ref of the Year is non other than Silviu Petrescu... who will officiate the MLS Cup final

http://www.canadiansoccernews.com/co...ims-MLS-honour
    Petrescu as Ref of the Year, ah that's funny, Martin Rennie is going to have a coronary.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I can't believe Siliviu Petrescu was named official of the year. Would like to know who exactly voted for that, was it the managers or the players?? I'd be shocked.

if you read the article on mlssoccer.com it's the players, managers and media. But the players had a sweeping vote for Silviu.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sashavukelich View Post
    if you read the article on mlssoccer.com it's the players, managers and media. But the players had a sweeping vote for Silviu.

From what I gather (and it's pure speculation) he is respected for being firm, fair, and not easily influenced or cajoled by the likes of Beckham, Henry, etc....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    From what I gather (and it's pure speculation) he is respected for being firm, fair, and not easily influenced or cajoled by the likes of Beckham, Henry, etc....
    he probably is used to taking shit from customers while driving his taxi lol
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's weird, watching Petrescu ref is a little of a guilty pleasure for me, unlike other Refs who get some joy out of the game/job, he always seems like a substitute teacher, anger and trying to exert too much control.

Hmmm, who does that sound like?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is still the MLS Cup final on Sat... kinda felt long time ago since conference finals, eh

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 weeks off is garbage.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLS Cup Final, Houston at LA 430PM. On TSN. (also a viewing at Joe's)

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's not just a viewing at Joe's... it's the Irish Wake!

We're going to drink and tell embarrassing stories, and celebrate life. The King is Dead - Long Live the King!
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh crap! That's today!
    Why was I thinking the game was on Sunday?

hmmmmm.....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's so dreamy

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

holy fuck. so sick of becky dick sucking already

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

kick off...

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how the fuck does Landycakes miss that sitter?

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    how the fuck does Landycakes miss that sitter?
    Yeah, how? It does feel like he's going to get a few more chances, though.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and Mike Magee misses a header from 3 yrds

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol@Petrescu drives a taxi gaff

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Moffat's a liability today.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Calen Carr on the break. 1-0 houston

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red Grange scores!
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This game is missing some MC Deuce.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Omar Gonzalez with equalizer 1-1

-Eduardo Galeano