Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    he put our boys to sleep and let them boss themselves....and we saw the disgusting results.....I was always exasperated at his low key don't worry bout a thing approach.....good with Messi maybe but we needed FIRE in the belly.....I'd like him to coach my kids thats it...lets be winners for once. There's plenty of time to be nice?
    He coached my nephew on the under 17 boys national team, and I was not impressed with his football acumen at all, I was shocked when he became the National Mens Team coach, big deal we beat Cuba home and away. The Panama home result was good, but the two away games in Central America were pathetic. Nice enough guy but WE DO NOT WANT TO EVEN THINK ABOUT HART AS TFC COACH. NO NO NO NEVER NO!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    And yet people were screaming for an experienced manager? I like Hart and I think he's an honourable man who will bring a level of professionalism and... gravitas that a gentleman could. (kinda reminds me of Winter in mannerism actually) But keep in mind, before CMNT gig, he coached some minor team in Halifax. He's familiar with MLS, but he doesn't know MLS like we need our manager too. Plus he's not a good motivator, especially during high pressure games.
    He'll have inside track on returning CMNT players (and I can think of quite a few who would be an asset), plus knows the up and comers in Canadian youth system, but I don't think that's enough.

We need a proven winner at the helm. Hart would be nice on consulting or scouting capacity.
    Scouting seems like the best fit for Hart after CMNT meltdown. Not sure what CMNT pays... but ML$E has capability of investing heavily in FO. TFC needs to improve its scouting and he could be a great addition. At the moment is there a high profile scout associated with TFC?

Agree that requirement for any Management positions in TFC should include North American expertise, ideally at MLS level.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hart as coach? No.
    Technical adviser or scout? Certainly!
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcmanu View Post
    Hire Steven Hart to run the operations and then he hires Tony Fonseca as coach and let Tony bring in his assistant, Then Tony will have players come in on trial like:

Assistants - Fernando Aguiar - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fernando_Aguiar
    Assistants - Marc Dos Santos - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc_Dos_Santos

Pedro Pacheco - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedro_Pacheco
    Steven Vitoria - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Vitória
    Daniel Fernandes - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Fernandes_(footballer)
    Antonio Ribeiro - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/António_Ribeiro_(soccer)

Let the Portuguese invasion start!
    rep+

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love Canada. I think Hart needs distance from anything Canadian for a while in any aspect.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TOBOR THE GREAT ! View Post
    I thought Hart got jobbed when they only named him interim, and despite good results was replaced by the forgettable Dale Mitchell. Even after that fiasco the best the CSA could do was name him interim again, before finally giving him the position outright.

His greatest failure, IMO, was his inability to convince certain talent to turn out for the squad.
    I put the lions share of disdain on those players unconvinced.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    he put our boys to sleep and let them boss themselves....and we saw the disgusting results.....I was always exasperated at his low key don't worry bout a thing approach.....good with Messi maybe but we needed FIRE in the belly.....I'd like him to coach my kids thats it...lets be winners for once. There's plenty of time to be nice?
    Hold on Jazzy. I agree he seemed to passive in responses but his hiring and "buddy, buddy" player manager style was a response to the out and out mutiny that Mitchell caused in part with his unrelenting attitude. Hart has failed but let's not dismiss the reasoning behind his appointment. The players didn't hate him and didn't refuse to play for him outright. They did however fail to perform for him at the death.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hart? Based on what success?? What a crazy suggestion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally I would take him. He's tactically flexible, which I think we need. Would be a big step up from what we have. Other than the final game, we played very well defensively, even when he played more offensive tactically (which we did a few times). Anyone blaming him for the team's lack of motivation in the last game is a fool. If the players can't be motivated by those circumstances, nothing will motivate them. Hell, Aron Winter's teams were very motivated in big games, and we all know his general penchant for motivation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hart doesn't deserve to be put through our crazy FO. Also I'm not sure he's that good of an option. The thing is, when you have Mariner, pretty much anyone is a good replacement.

On the other hand, at least we knows he prefers JDG over Dunfield.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

.....normally I'd rationalize my post however I'm just going to toss this one out there and leave it.

No

I am an Online Pole
    RPB Twitter and Facebook Bitch (http://www.twitter.com/redpatchboys)
    Pride...Passion...Purpose...and DRANK

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Personally I would take him. He's tactically flexible, which I think we need. Would be a big step up from what we have. Other than the final game, we played very well defensively, even when he played more offensive tactically (which we did a few times). Anyone blaming him for the team's lack of motivation in the last game is a fool. If the players can't be motivated by those circumstances, nothing will motivate them. Hell, Aron Winter's teams were very motivated in big games, and we all know his general penchant for motivation.
    that would be Mr. Fool,..lol,...sorry but I saw our players playing very unorganized and fighting each other.at..games in Toronto , which shocked me , everyone seemed to be playing a different game without respect for each other,...the captain goes down with the ship. Our babies need a stern hand of someone who has respect the moment he walks on the field or our know-it-all players will mutiny.....and you do not win games being someones best friend, at least with our talent. just because our present coach is diabolical, we shouldn't pick a new one using our past as a reference....See Pete's remarks as per Harts hiring vs the Canadian nightmare Mr. Mitchell ...It's the same reasoning .....sports exudes emotions and as Canadians we need an extra shove over the edge....with ALL our teams . we simply have it to good....Mr. Hart ala Mr. Winter were/are too laid back.....although I'd still be in Winters corner. (because of his big league experience in the game)....all he needed was support.
    By the way we freakin lost 8 to 1 .....at some point he should have played Morgan even Henry ..(yup) thats what I said IF they were available.....they would have changed the game or at least lost with friggin balls!....oh ya no to Hart ...
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I agree with an earlier suggestion to bring him on board as a scout. But other than that, no. He just doesn't suit the criteria for what we need as a manager.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcleeds View Post
    I agree with an earlier suggestion to bring him on board as a scout. But other than that, no. He just doesn't suit the criteria for what we need as a manager.
    WTF are you doing up at 6:41am?
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mariner and MLSE should take a lesson how to be professional and classy from Hart. Hart refuse to blame players for the last game and throw them under the bus unlike our so called "players coach" aka Mariner.

Maybe Hart should manage a NASL team first before moving up to MLS. Unlike national team, you can get your type of players instead of working what you have. So it will be interesting to see how Hart will do with options.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's better than what we have, but I don't think he's what we need, so it would be pointless. Simply being better than PM doesn't fix anything.

I'd gladly take him on in an advisory capacity, or running a sub-section of the club like scouting.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    What about the away game in Panama? Unorganized, and unmotivated there too. And lets face it, Honduras and Panama are hardly powerhouses.