Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If there is a Caribbean nation to check out for talent, it should be Antigua and Barbuda who somehow managed to put together a decent run despite population of 80k and other than few players in English lower leagues, all their talent is local.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Section 112 and Cardinal, Ontario...Yeah, Baby!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If TFC ever plays in the CCL again (unlikely for a few years), they need to get some players from St. Lucia...now those guys know how to dive!

Anyway, I wonder if Guevara would be interested in scouting for TFC in Honduras?

Or maybe we should be looking for a coach from Central America?
    O, Maple Leaf around the world, You speak as you rise high above,
    Of courage, peace and quiet strength, Of the Canada that I love.
    Remind us all, our union bound by ties we cannot sever,
    Bright flag revered on every ground, The Maple Leaf forever

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone wanna do a bulk order of Bermuda national team kits?

Can't wait for WCQ's 2018, round 2, Canada vs Toronto FC!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fire Mariner right now! Seriously, this is getting way out of hand right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DEVOS: IT'S TIME TO CHANGE THE WAY CANADA DEVELOPS PLAYERS
    From the time young players in Canada begin kicking a soccer ball, they encounter a player development system that is a broken, fractured mess. They often have unqualified, volunteer coaches, poor (if any) training facilities, an over-emphasis on winning over skill development and programs that are set up by adults who have no idea how to develop young soccer players.
    Players who actually make it out alive and go on to represent our Men's and Women's National teams do so IN SPITE of our player development system, not because of it.
    believe it or not, this is actually why I'm optimistic. Our development system is still bad, but it seems to be better now than it was when the current NT players were developed, and the creation of three pro soccer teams plus FCE makes professional soccer more of a reality and something that more people will consider rather than just seeing it as something to keep the kids active
    Last edited by Ajax TFC; 10-17-2012 at 04:04 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post

believe it or not, this is actually why I'm optimistic. Our development system is still bad, but it seems to be better now than it was when the current NT players were developed, and the creation of three pro soccer teams plus FCE makes professional soccer more of a reality and something that more people will consider rather than just seeing it as something to keep the kids active
    This is why the success of TFC, Montreal and Vancouver is critical to the growth of the game in the country. Kids need heroes to look up to, and winning teams are more popular.

TFC 5 years ago, with a packed stadium got kids interested in pro soccer and wearing Dichio TFC jerseys instead of Leafs Jerseys. TFC today is doing little to attract the next generation...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also with three pro clubs in MLS, gives Canadian a chance to play pro soccer at high level (CONCACAF standards). Sadly though, none of Canadian teams aren't interested in playing Canadian players right now (TFC POV: Paul Mariner has been worst thing to happen for Canadian players since Mo Johnson).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    Opportunity knocks again for Toronto-bound Russell

What's up with mariner and Bermuda players?
    No connections anywhere else or only scout TFC has lives in Bermuda?
    While Montral and vancouver scouted Honduras NT yetserday,TFC was scouting Bermuda.
    TFC is just one gigantic orgy of cronyism at this point. Based on the calibre of Lambe & Hall, there is nothing that suggests this signing will be any sort of revelation. The real question is what does Paul Mariner get out of this? Side money? Excuses to go to Bermuda on the company payroll?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by narduch View Post
    Didn't a poster on this site report from training that Russell looked terrible his first time around?

I know its only wiki scouting, but we are trialing a soon to be 26 year old player whose only professional experience are in the PDL and the league in Bermuda.

He would be one hell of a gem if he were any good. I doubt he is.
    We're trialing this guy instead of going after Kyle porter a domestic talent who is younger and probably has more football experience........wow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Masked Man View Post
    TFC is just one gigantic orgy of cronyism at this point. Based on the calibre of Lambe & Hall, there is nothing that suggests this signing will be any sort of revelation. The real question is what does Paul Mariner get out of this? Side money? Excuses to go to Bermuda on the company payroll?
    I don't think he gets anything out of it. What does he get out of playing Dunfield every game, or Weideman, or Amarikwa? I think he legitimately thinks that Bermudans are the new brazilians and he's the only one who's discovered them.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So this Russell player is 25 and he has potential, potential. Great

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sully View Post
    So this Russell player is 25 and he has potential, potential. Great
    He will be 26 in November and has never played above PDL.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    I don't think he gets anything out of it. What does he get out of playing Dunfield every game, or Weideman, or Amarikwa? I think he legitimately thinks that Bermudans are the new brazilians and he's the only one who's discovered them.
    It sort of make sense if you consider how TFC is fucked on cap space with too many players on big money contracts, and the need to sign cheap depth. Although it boggles my mind how Mariner thinks spending an int spot on a depth player a smart idea.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    It sort of make sense if you consider how TFC is fucked on cap space with too many players on big money contracts, and the need to sign cheap depth. Although it boggles my mind how Mariner thinks spending an int spot on a depth player a smart idea.

Wooooahhh!

You just blew my mind!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    Opportunity knocks again for Toronto-bound Russell

What's up with mariner and Bermuda players?
    No connections anywhere else or only scout TFC has lives in Bermuda?
    While Montral and vancouver scouted Honduras NT yetserday,TFC was scouting Bermuda.
    it is all about the kick backs. First it was Mo and First Wave (I think that is the name of the agency) where we signed all of the Canadians and multiple other players. Mo gets a cut. With Preki see the two Eastern Europeans (I try and block them out) and Mista. Preki gets a cut. Winter I never really heard anything blatantly like the his two predecessors. Now Mariner bringing in the "greatest untapped talent football market in the modern day". *someone posted this earlier and it is gold. He gets a cut has place down there and where he spends a lot of time in the offseason.

He and Mo were the most blatantly abusing their position for personal gain. It is so obvious, I wish I could ask Anselmi if I could help in the hiring process of a team president. Any proper president would see that and toss him in a heart beat.

All I want is my team back, not this shit they call football.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 117 View Post
    it is all about the kick backs. First it was Mo and First Wave (I think that is the name of the agency) where we signed all of the Canadians and multiple other players. Mo gets a cut. With Preki see the two Eastern Europeans (I try and block them out) and Mista. Preki gets a cut. Winter I never really heard anything blatantly like the his two predecessors. Now Mariner bringing in the "greatest untapped talent football market in the modern day". *someone posted this earlier and it is gold. He gets a cut has place down there and where he spends a lot of time in the offseason.

He and Mo were the most blatantly abusing their position for personal gain. It is so obvious, I wish I could ask Anselmi if I could help in the hiring process of a team president. Any proper president would see that and toss him in a heart beat.

All I want is my team back, not this shit they call football.
    That he's getting away with signing three players from Bermuda, a country with a population half that of St. Catharines, is freaking astonishing. Are they ALL getting vacations in the front office? Is Paul Scope's company in Bermuda handling offshore banking for someone in Toronto? Jesus, soccer isn't even the most popular sport in Bermuda; cricket is, then probably sailing, then golf, then rugby, then soccer. Maybe.

It's nuts unless there's a motive involved we don't know about.

Why, given Bermuda's lowly status and the players' even lowlier status, isn't someone in the media asking Anselmi WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON. Skip TFC. Go past that mess. Go to the fucking boss at this point, daily.

My nose for stories is rarely wrong and there are deals involving this club that have had a strange whiff to them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleUp View Post
    We're trialing this guy instead of going after Kyle porter a domestic talent who is younger and probably has more football experience........wow.
    Just a clerical note...I know you love to bang on about Kyle Porter (a terrific young player), but his MLS rights are still retained by VWFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by oxygenatedbrain View Post
    Just a clerical note...I know you love to bang on about Kyle Porter (a terrific young player), but his MLS rights are still retained by VWFC.
    I thought they were only held for two years once a player was out of contract?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I thought they were only held for two years once a player was out of contract?
    IIRC 3 yrs, but I could be wrong

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by oxygenatedbrain View Post

Worth giving up a second rounder, considering he's only 22(college age) with 10x the experience any college kid would come with.

Bottom line he is the type of (Canadian)player we should be looking to aquire, but thanks for the update.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The FC Edmonton player I'd like to see here in Paul Hamilton. He a good youngish (24) centre back who was named to the NASL best XI last year.