RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I cannot fathom the level of my blood pressure tomorrow. I'm going to inundate myself on past Canada exploits and figures to distract myself from the scheduled heart attack at 4 o'clock tomorrow.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    I'm going to inundate myself on past Canada exploits
    Here is the place to start:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/2014-...up_qualifying/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmPm5qg8BC0
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Of course, Honduras' per capita murder rate is well-known as being one of the highest in the world, but I had no idea San Pedro Sula was a more dangerous city than Juarez. Crazy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So what conditions lead to a Canadian win tomorrow? I know a win or draw leads us through, but I believe I heard we can also lose by 1. Is that correct?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by razor787 View Post
    So what conditions lead to a Canadian win tomorrow? I know a win or draw leads us through, but I believe I heard we can also lose by 1. Is that correct?
    If Cuba somehow beat Panama then I guess we could lose and still go through...

But I have a better chance of convincing Kate Beckinsale to do me than that happening...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McCartney View Post
    If Cuba somehow beat Panama then I guess we could lose and still go through...

But I have a better chance of convincing Kate Beckinsale to do me than that happening...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe this might change the soccer sentiment in Honduras in our favour?

Gunmen kill 11 at soccer field shootings in Honduras

On second thought, nah - probably not.

OAN - Can you imagine this happening in Canada?
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How would Stephen Hart use Lucas Cavalini??? 4-4-2?

If they go 4-4-2, I think we will see the same results as in Panama. It doesnt work having Hutchinson and DeGuzman playing together as central midfield pairing. DeJong and Hutchinson would be a better selection but really this team is better suited to a 4-3-3, or 4-5-1, but my question is still where do you play Cavalini?

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say 4-5-1 and play for the tie...try to score in the counter-strike only.
    If I know something about CentralAmericans its the their 12th man its gonna be a factor!
    Lets go REDS!!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in other news TFC off season is only 6 days away.
    HOORAY!
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Technorgasm View Post
    in other news TFC off season is only 6 days away.
    HOORAY!
    You are off by about 7 days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he means that after the home game, we can safely ignore the away game as most fans won't travel to see it. But by that reckoning, the off season started in May...

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by [NBF] View Post
    How would Stephen Hart use Lucas Cavalini??? 4-4-2?

If they go 4-4-2, I think we will see the same results as in Panama. It doesnt work having Hutchinson and DeGuzman playing together as central midfield pairing. DeJong and Hutchinson would be a better selection but really this team is better suited to a 4-3-3, or 4-5-1, but my question is still where do you play Cavalini?
    Cavallini wont play,he was called up just to have forward option on the bench.Hume will play for sure and it will be usual 4-5-1.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    Cavallini wont play,he was called up just to have forward option on the bench.Hume will play for sure and it will be usual 4-5-1.

WELL, Mauricio Morales of MEXICO will be the referee...if you wanna call him that....Mexican officials...when have they ever screwed us before???

I really hope our time has come as this is a weaker Honduras side from 4 years ago....time to lay it all out there boys.

In a disturbing article....this one shocked me.. http://rabble.ca/news/2012/06/politi...more-just-game

I'm just sticking to soccer....and calling a 1-1 tie in tomorrows game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow that rabble article is disturbing. gotta research that. Anyways Go our mens team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can the match fixers for once help us out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Can the match fixers for once help us out

A few things going for us at the moment...

The womens team woke up the entire country with their performance at the Olympics.

The suspension of Sinclair could spark a Canadian nightmare for FIFA...maybe they will instruct the referee to do us +1.

We now have a better soccer infrastructure here in Canada than we did 4 years ago. Three MLS teams, Edmonton and a new league being formed. Ideally, FIFA wants participating countries in the world cup to have leagues...you know...to grow the game....

Honduras is bad at home thus far and have too much turmoil in their country - that could actually work against us.

We can hope for an early ejection of a Honduran player to start...that would help, but with the Honduran military getting behind the team...and a spanish refereee, plus the threat of losing your life, bottle in the head for the linesman..etx...it will be an interesting night. I will probably have a heart attack and a broken TV before the game is over.....I'm just hoping the game is called properly and there isn't too much bullshit diving.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ You make good points.

Its going to be an "up & down" game for sure. Canada's form though has not given me much confidence, we need our players to step up, especially our forwards who have the ability to score.