RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    Wait...Jeremy Hall makes 100k?
    Hall was a GA
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This game was boring as hell. Atmosphere is totally dead (felt like I was at funeral at times).

Montreal fans did a good job supporting their team.

Fire Mariner and Co!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Furtado91 View Post
    Whoever Lit that smoke bomb. Thank you very much. That totally changed the atmosphere and got people chanting loud and getting into things. it definitely looked awesome.

watch the game in 6- wow just wow

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    What kind of malarkey is this?

Frings, Koevs, Hassli, Eckersley and O'Dea are $1.7 million against the cap. They've got a million, plus or minus, to spend on the other 15 guys. Many of whom are already under contract, and un-tradeable. Aside from the number one pick, no one of any significance could possibly be coming in.

This team will set the MLS record for fewest offseason moves.
    Definitely, cap room is something they need to focus on. You have to think we won't have three DPs next year - we can't afford them.

As for commodities, Toronto FC have definitely run thin, aside from the trade of the first round draft pick.
    Let's see what Mariner and co. can come up with.

Also: I saw Anselmi walking by with a bag of those black caps they were giving away today, which look pretty freaking sweet. I must have missed um. If anyone has an extra hat, PM me!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by madzap View Post
    Someone definitely got to PM. He was in a suit, and overcoat. He went to swear at the linesman and stopped short. I'm sure the 4th official was beside himself not having to chase after PM the entire match. He was no longer a distraction from the game. Too bad today's game was a total yawner except for Montreal trying to open us up in stoppage time. After the match, Mariner looked like he was going to head over to south end but thought better of it.

Still, only two subs made so a chance to let a young Canadian get some playing time wasted. Silva should have been subbed out. He was floating around barely going through the motions.
    Hassli wanted to be subbed around the 65th minute, Mariner told him 5 minutes, and stretched it to 15.

I'd like to know how they came up with 16,000 plus.. MAYBE 12,000 at most. Typical MLSE math.

In the end, we said our good-byes to the friends around us, some will be back, several on the fence about renewing, and several adamant they will not be back as SSH.
    someone tweeted that Paul Mariner dressed on suit today in memory of his father.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by v00d00daddy View Post
    I just left the park completely content with the fact that I will not renew.

Because:

1. We had a great opportunity with a free kick on the edge of the box and terry fucking Dunfield stood over it. That's embarrassing. It we can't muster a better dead ball kicker than him we have no right to be in this league.

And

2. I got tired of hearing daygo this and fucking Italian diver that in the crowd.

Fuck this team and fuck they're supporters.

They're both a travesty.
    TFC Support is a travesty. TFC Supporters without some kind of direction and leadership are just random drunks full of stupid comments. Lots of great people but just as many douchebags. Its pretty sad. I experienced first hand for the entire first half in 113.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Holy crap, Avila in the starting lineup. I must be dreaming.
    Avila was the best player on the field today....for us
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    someone tweeted that Paul Mariner dressed on suit today in memory of his father.
    There was a moment at the end of the presser where Mariner said "I have a great future...I have a great family" and there was a pause right after, where he teared up.

You can tell he's thinking of his father. It was probably the most touching moment I've ever experienced in that press room.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two things:

1) Respect to travelling Impact supporters / UM02. I've always said these guys are top 5 in the league for support and today proved my point. For 90+ minutes they owned us in our OWN ground. Surprised? No. Dissapointed? Yes.

2) Pre-smoke bomb = Morgue. Post-smoke bomb = Atmosphere.

That is all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did the players do their lap of honour like they normally do at the end of the season, or just dissapear down the tunnel?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    Avila was the best player on the field today....for us
    Amen. The fact PM has refused to play him is a travesty when we have no creativity in the midfield all season. Instead Aaron Maund gets the majority of the minutes....yuck

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    Did the players do their lap of honour like they normally do at the end of the season, or just dissapear down the tunnel?
    They did the lap. I would understand them not wanting to and appreciate them acknowledging the fans.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    They did the lap. I would understand them not wanting to and appreciate them acknowledging the fans.
    Yes, I have to say that is admirable, all said and done.

Otherwise, there was nothing really notable about this game. Both teams mailed it in.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by Code Red; 10-21-2012 at 12:52 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol at Dunfield's Ronaldo stance over the free kick, followed by ten stutter steps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lobo View Post

I just imagined how the playoffs would feel

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Code Red View Post
    Two things:

1) Respect to travelling Impact supporters / UM02. I've always said these guys are top 5 in the league for support and today proved my point. For 90+ minutes they owned us in our OWN ground. Surprised? No. Dissapointed? Yes.

2) Pre-smoke bomb = Morgue. Post-smoke bomb = Atmosphere.

That is all.
    Not necessarily disagreeing with you, but they are still in their honeymoon stage as an MLS club. Given similar circumstances of six years with ownership putting the boot to your head, and a management travesty, I suspect we would see similar apathy. But yes - credit to them for mustering a significant crowd for this trip. Might have been a fun back and forth, if they hadn't caught this club's supporters at their emotional lowest.

I actually talked to a few of em at the game - they said they were disappointed to see what had become of our club, and what it was doing to the fans, because you can't have great heroes without great villains. They want a spirited rivalry, and you can't have that without strength on both sides.

But yes - much credit to everyone who made it out to the game, and especially the guys who organized the protest. I know how hard it is to organize such things, when there's so much apathy.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I enjoyed the game yesterday, good to see everyone express their feelings in the manner they saw fit via a banner, two stick protest etc. I decided to enjoy the game from a row right behind the TFC bench, which I always enjoy. The highlight of the day for me came after the Reds did their post game lap around the field thanking the fans, Adrian Cann handed me his jersey.

I must say the smoke was pretty cool to see.
    Last edited by Red CB Toronto; 10-21-2012 at 11:34 PM.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did anyone watch Mariner's interview after the game. He says we were playing with "eight backups" and then throws Luis and Hassli under the bus for not being creative enough in front of goal.

Fucking delusional, this guy. He signed the eight backups! Totally throws the team under the bus.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AL-MO View Post
    TFC Support is a travesty. TFC Supporters without some kind of direction and leadership are just random drunks full of stupid comments. Lots of great people but just as many douchebags. Its pretty sad. I experienced first hand for the entire first half in 113.
    TFC support is a by-product of the club and it's management.

I doubt it'll ever return to previous levels.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TOBOR THE GREAT ! View Post
    TFC support is a by-product of the club and it's management.

I doubt it'll ever return to previous levels.
    It could, but it'll take a lot of work, and many years. It's way easier to lose fans than it is to bring them back. Ask the Blue Jays, who once upon a time set attendance records.

If they don't turn things around within a year or two, I'll be bold here and predict that this team won't even exist any more in 10 years (at minimum, not in MLSE's hands, anyway). It'll bleed fans and money, and then they will eventually cut bait and move on.

This isn't the Leafs, where they can prey on multiple GENERATIONS of thoroughly ingrained fandom - it's a 7 year old team team, playing in a lower-tier league, in a sport that doesn't have the same cache as the "big four". They need to do better.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Did anyone watch Mariner's interview after the game. He says we were playing with "eight backups" and then throws Luis and Hassli under the bus for not being creative enough in front of goal.

Fucking delusional, this guy. He signed the eight backups! Totally throws the team under the bus.
    MLSE and their whores (media) were saying how Mariner is a "players' coach".

More proof that Mariner has no clue what's he doing and shitting on very players HE SIGNED. These players are Mariner guys not Winter. I highly doubt guys like O'Dea, Eck, Hassli, Hall, Manud etc... are Winter guys.

What pisses me off about Mariner the most is how he doesn't give academy kids the chance to play at all when TFC has nothing to play for and have failed to win games with their first team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder who the eight backups are? I've bolded his preferred players in the starting XI:
    Freddy Hall; Jeremy Hall, Richard Eckersley, Logan Emory (Adrian Cann 31’), Ashtone Morgan; Reggie Lambe, Terry Dunfield, Aaron Maund, Eric Avila; Luis Silva, Eric Hassli (Andrew Wiedeman 81’)
    So that leaves four people as the "backups". Avila he clearly rates as backup quality despite him being the best of all the players on the pitch.
    Of the bolded players I'll guess that his "backups" are:
    Morgan - only plays him because he doesn't have another LB, but still dropped him for Emory a couple of times and Hall when he first took over
    Lambe - hasn't been playing as much recently, but I have no idea if he's injured
    Weideman - not sure if he's included in the 8 since he wasn't in for much of the game, but I think Mariner finally realizes that he's backup quality or less.
    Emory - He's a backup on TFC, so it would only make sense that he would be a backup on another team

So from that I figure that the eight backup players that we had to play with are:
    Freddy Hall
    Morgan
    Emory
    Cann
    Lambe
    Maund
    Avila
    Weideman
    Five of Mariner's "backups" (the ones bolded) were either directly signed by Mariner and/or publicly praised as great players by Mariner. Two of the players (underlined) are in fact starter quality but Mariner doesn't recognize that. That leaves one player that he might be right about that he himself didn't actually sign

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    Jeremy Hall could very well be the worst player to wear a TFC jersey.
    Andrea Lombardo wasn't far off. Worst Canadian to wear a TFC jersey.