Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default PRE/IN/POST GAME TFC vs MTL Oct. 20 1:30PM TSN

With two weeks off,I think TFC should be healthy and ready for Montreal.For both teams this game is just for the pride,and hopefully last home game for Mariner as TFC coach.

Roster:

We will start again with 6-7 CB/LB/RB all playing out of their positions and with ultimate box to box player and best finisher in the modern times.

That should be good enough to beat Limpact,no?

2-1 WIN for TFC
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It will be a boring game between two teams who just don't care after losing the playoffs race. Though I really hate losing against Montreal.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With no Habs playing, MTL will be out in force.

With cold weather and dire football, the stadium will seem quite empty.

With the supporters being mostly silent, UM02 will be noticeable.

Mariner will not be able to win this game. Either 1-1 tie or 2-1 MTL is my guess.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mariner said in the presser post DC game that Johnson and Amerikwa will likely be out. However Hassli is a maybe.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I hear we can expect 400 Mtl fans to arrive.

I honestly can't be bothered with them - our chief concerns lay elsewhere.

I say ignore them - let them enjoy their day.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TOBOR THE GREAT ! View Post
    I hear we can expect 400 Mtl fans to arrive.

I honestly can't be bothered with them - our chief concerns lay elsewhere.

I say ignore them - let them enjoy their day.
    great. seeing Limp Act supporters owning our field. my blood pressure is going to be so high
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    great. seeing Limp Act supporters owning our field. my blood pressure is going to be so high
    Could be the final straw for Mariner at least, possibly Cochrane as well.

The beginning of the end of the 'Reign of Error'.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC FO is probably happy that they sold 400 tickets.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Seriously though - imagine what security will be like. 400 impact fans arriving after the nonsense we had with them last year.

Everyone'll be in riot gear.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TOBOR THE GREAT ! View Post
    Seriously though - imagine what security will be like. 400 impact fans arriving after the nonsense we had with them last year.

Everyone'll be in riot gear.
    400 MTL fans = 20 "LOL" garbage bag TIFOs.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    400 MTL fans = 20 "LOL" garbage bag TIFOs.
    and spray painted bedsheets

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With the mental state the team is in right now, I'm not sure they can win. And if Montreal wins at BMO for the first time ever, I'm not sure how Mariner will be able to survive that when the lack of season ticket renewals forces TFC's hand. I'm thinking a 1-1 tie: A result that will satisfy noone.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have my "Joey please buy TFC" banner ready to go. Yes it's come to this.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

let em, they can be kings of the trash heap for a couple of hours if they want.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, that will be sad & annoying. However, if it makes it into the media that may be good in the long run.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remember when we smashed Montreal a few years in a game that they didn't play their first team? Remember how pissed Saputo was despite it being a meaningless game to them with a big league game against Vancouver a few days later? Why do I have a feeling that if the same were to happen to us against Montreal at home next week, no one from the FO would get as pissed as Saputo. I'm almost hoping we get smashed (won't happen since we'll be playing our first team desperate for a win) just to see how upper management handles us being destroyed by our biggest rival. Their apathy or love for the team would be clear as day in that situation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any result which hastens the departure of EC & PM will be okay by me....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PAOK17 View Post
    I'm almost hoping we get smashed (won't happen since we'll be playing our first team desperate for a win) just to see how upper management handles us being destroyed by our biggest rival. Their apathy or love for the team would be clear as day in that situation.
    Our first team is weaker than their second stringers. Montreal will be looking for payback from earlier this summer when we beat them 3-0 on their home turf. I'm expecting the TFC FO won't be able to sugar-coat the results. In fact, I'm betting they won't even try to respond - they'll just stick their heads in the sand and hope the uproar goes away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At least we will get to see Nesta?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post
    let em, they can be kings of the trash heap for a couple of hours if they want.
    As someone who is supposedly one of the RPB banner guys (and a mod on this board) you should be ashamed. MTL are bringing huge away numbers and are going to own us in our own stadium, and all you can do is shrug.

I'm interested to see if the rest of your group shares the same opinion.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's sad that we have.come to this. We should be painting banners and planning new songs about those wankers from Montreal
    We've become distracted because of the incompetence of management.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AL-MO View Post
    As someone who is supposedly one of the RPB banner guys (and a mod on this board) you should be ashamed. MTL are bringing huge away numbers and are going to own us in our own stadium, and all you can do is shrug.

Holy continuous, thinly-veiled passive-aggression, Batman.

Can't imagine why lethargy would set in for anyone, what with the dismal product on the pitch, and the neverending high-school politics and dramatics that occur on this board.

I'm with the People's Front of Judea!

- Scott
    Last edited by Shakes McQueen; 10-11-2012 at 10:35 PM.
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Belfast_Boy View Post
    It's sad that we have.come to this. We should be painting banners and planning new songs about those wankers from Montreal
    We've become distracted because of the incompetence of management.
    Frankly, I kind of think we should be distracted on other things, as long as the plan is to take tangible action on them. Fixing this mess of a franchise is more important to me at the moment, than picking a fight with Montreal. As much as I can't stand them.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    Frankly, I kind of think we should be distracted on other things, as long as the plan is to take tangible action on them. Fixing this mess of a franchise is more important to me at the moment, than picking a fight with Montreal. As much as I can't stand them.

- Scott

Agree 100%

Fuck Montreal,let's get 3 stooges out first,we can deal with Limpact in years to come.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post

- Scott
    The. you're part of the protest? See you on the 20th.

Tangible action is all that I'm concerned with.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ashamed of what? they're supporting their team and we're protesting our FO/coach/shitty season. that's hardly a shrug, it's two very different ends of the spectrum.
    if you'd like to pipe up and say we should drop the protest for the final game of the season to remind the limpact supporters who we are, then by all means take that stance.. voice it even. rally up troops, paint a TIFO, hop on the capo, sing, chant, bounce for 90+ and get it going. until then we're not even in the same ballpark with that comparison; you know we aren't. if they want to have full run of a stadium while our priorities are elsewhere, good for them. they can bully the playground no ones on.

and yeah i help design banners, and yeah, im a mod.. that's supposed to mean what exactly? i can't have a passive opinion about all of this?
    like they're somehow all tied together? sorry, i can speak my piece on the board as a supporter of the team and as a mod separately.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't know either party to this one, but.....

Supposedly? Pretty sure it's confirmed.
    Ashamed? Of focusing his desire to elicit change with this organization for long term benefit, not a one day party? I think not.
    Huge away numbers? 400. Really? Child's play considering what this group has accomplished in the past.
    Own us in our own stadium? With what, garbage bag crayola TIFO's and urinal stickers?

Really, I get we hate Mtl, but maybe we should focus our anger on being "owned on the field and by Mr. Saputo" before we worry about their fans. At least given what their fans have shown until now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I respect your opinion as a long-time fan but this doesn't make any sense. By going and cheering, you're endorsing more of the same.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'd like to think it's possible to both show our discontent with the clowns currently running this show and sling invective at the visiting Limpact scum, but my focus for this match will definitely be on the former.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcleeds View Post
    I'd like to think it's possible to both show our discontent with the clowns currently running this show and sling invective at the visiting Limpact scum, but my focus for this match will definitely be on the former.
    Of course it is.