Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    Why does Dunfield think that he can take free kicks? He has zero ability to curve the ball.
    I think you can throw a kitchen sink further than any of his free kicks. BTW, did anyone catch his Ronaldo-esc pose over the ball?LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just you wait for the 8-1 win sgainst Santos on wednesday

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by v00d00daddy View Post
    I just left the park completely content with the fact that I will not renew.

Because:

1. We had a great opportunity with a free kick on the edge of the box and terry fucking Dunfield stood over it. That's embarrassing. It we can't muster a better dead ball kicker than him we have no right to be in this league.
    I think Silva scored some nice free kicks in NCAA last year. I bet Avila could also produce a better free kick if given the chance

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've gone from being interested enough in this team prior to year one to buy seasons.

To loving this team more than any other football team on the planet.

To hating this team.

End of.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did anyone else notice he was wearing pants today? Or is he under that coat......ew

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hassli and Silva on the field and Dunfield takes a free kick from close in. How painful was that game to watch? Dear god! Roll back the prices to free and it still wouldn't be worth it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do we have to look forward to next year?
    The most expensive and worst defence in MLS
    2 old broken down, and 1 cast off DP
    A manager who acts like a clown on the sideline and doesn't know what he's doing
    Another year of watching great players like the Weinerman and Jeremy Hall tear it up?

Next year is going to be worse than this year.
    1. No cap space
    2. Same stupid manager who boasted about how great these players were before he brought them in

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jeremy Hall could very well be the worst player to wear a TFC jersey.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    Jeremy Hall could very well be the worst player to wear a TFC jersey.
    When we traded from him, FC Dallas and Portland fans couldn't figure it out. They all said he was terrible. PLUS he make over $100k a year. I guess Paul Mariner is just plain smarter than everyone.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mariner said post game he thought eight of the players on the field should be squad players - expect wholesale changes.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Soccerpro View Post
    What do we have to look forward to next year?
    The most expensive and worst defence in MLS
    Actually, it isn't.

Popular opinion is to add up the guaranteed salaries of Eckersley and O'Dea and then claim we have over $1M on the backline. It isn't so.

The Players Union states quite clearly that the guaranteed amount includes items like agent fees.

The average annual guaranteed compensation number also includes any annual marketing bonus to be received in the current year and any agent's fees annualized over the term of the contract.

For that reason, the majority of analysts believe that the base amount is what counts against the cap. Going with that the group of Eckersley, O'Dea, Morgan and Hall count $687,000 or 24.4% of the available cap. Not way out of line with the rest of the league.

All for giving Mariner the gears but in this case it isn't warranted.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

16,151 for attendance.......where??

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Actually, it isn't.

Popular opinion is to add up the guaranteed salaries of Eckersley and O'Dea and then claim we have over $1M on the backline. It isn't so.

The Players Union states quite clearly that the guaranteed amount includes items like agent fees.

The average annual guaranteed compensation number also includes any annual marketing bonus to be received in the current year and any agent's fees annualized over the term of the contract.

For that reason, the majority of analysts believe that the base amount is what counts against the cap. Going with that the group of Eckersley, O'Dea, Morgan and Hall count $687,000 or 24.4% of the available cap. Not way out of line with the rest of the league.

I believe player bonuses count against the cap. so, base cap hit plus a little bit of bonus
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my anus was so tight when i saw montreal pressing and creating like 4 good chances during the stoppage time, waiting for that last min fuck up again
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, it isn't.

That's all well and fine IF that's true.

But even if it is....you're resigning yourself to Jeremy Hall at right back.

Not to mention that you're talking about Morgan on 44k a year.

You're taking a snapshot of the current situation and ignoring the future.

Hall is garbage and Morgan is going to cost a lot more soon.

Add to that the fact that Eckersley and O'Dea are paid as if they're the lynchpins in our defense despite neither of them being good enough to make other players better.

They're only capable of doing their job while being paid to be the guys that can show others how to be pros. They're still learning their trades but being paid like veterans.

That's horseshit.

Our backline is overpaid and waaaaaaay underexperinced.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    my anus was so tight when i saw montreal pressing and creating like 4 good chances during the stoppage time, waiting for that last min fuck up again
    Me too. And it's pathetic and sad that not conceding has become a victory in our minds.

"Hey...we bent but didn't break. We didn't give up that late goal. Yay!!!!"

Fuck me...that's depressing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArmenJBX View Post
    Mariner said post game he thought eight of the players on the field should be squad players - expect wholesale changes.
    What kind of malarkey is this?

Frings, Koevs, Hassli, Eckersley and O'Dea are $1.7 million against the cap. They've got a million, plus or minus, to spend on the other 15 guys. Many of whom are already under contract, and un-tradeable. Aside from the number one pick, no one of any significance could possibly be coming in.

This team will set the MLS record for fewest offseason moves.
    Last edited by ensco; 10-20-2012 at 04:39 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^ Hall needs to go and his $100k needs to be used on a CB. Morgan signed an extension, between he, O'Dea and (in his natural position) they are young and can grow together.

I feel that improvements in the midfield would relieve pressure on the Backline. Goals are coming after 20 shot barrages. Control the possession and you reduce the attempts on goal. Give it up and it comes back on you quickly. I feel pretty comfortable with knowing we have 3 of 4 under contract and they are of decent skill and work rate for MLS.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by v00d00daddy View Post
    That's all well and fine IF that's true.

But even if it is....you're resigning yourself to Jeremy Hall at right back.

Not to mention that you're talking about Morgan on 44k a year.

You're taking a snapshot of the current situation and ignoring the future.

Hall is garbage and Morgan is going to cost a lot more soon.

Add to that the fact that Eckersley and O'Dea are paid as if they're the lynchpins in our defense despite neither of them being good enough to make other players better.

They're only capable of doing their job while being paid to be the guys that can show others how to be pros. They're still learning their trades but being paid like veterans.

That's horseshit.

Our backline is overpaid and waaaaaaay underexperinced.
    I think Hall is on his original 3 year deal with MLS (2009 GA) and that should be expiring this season... hopefully!

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Hall needs to go and his $100k needs to be used on a CB. Morgan signed an extension, between he, O'Dea and (in his natural position) they are young and can grow together.

I feel that improvements in the midfield would relieve pressure on the Backline. Goals are coming after 20 shot barrages. Control the possession and you reduce the attempts on goal. Give it up and it comes back on you quickly. I feel pretty comfortable with knowing we have 3 of 4 under contract and they are of decent skill and work rate for MLS.
    Hendry Thomas (Honduran international and former Wigan player) is on 200k contract with Colorado. That looks to be price for an above avg DM in MLS.

-Eduardo Galeano

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smoke Bomb 1 - BMO Team 0

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a dull game for 75 minutes ... then some interesting plays. Both teams were playing not to lose and not to be injured.
    The Impact supporters brought it all game and admittedly their sign was funny. BMO sure is quiet these days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boozilla View Post
    Smoke Bomb 1 - BMO Team 0

TFC. fans - Montreal fans. 0-3

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    What a dull game for 75 minutes ... then some interesting plays. Both teams were playing not to lose and not to be injured.
    The Impact supporters brought it all game and admittedly their sign was funny. BMO sure is quiet these days.
    Their bedsheet and spray can signs are starting to grow on me lol. Someone should really teach them a lesson in TIFO 101.

I dislike them generally, but they brought about 300 supporters to Toronto when their team was also out of the playoffs. That's good support. And I heard them loud as I was walking to the stadium.

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Game sucked but on the brightside I got to shakehands with Paul Stalteri and met his wife. Cool guy just walking around before the game and nobody seemed to know who he was.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone definitely got to PM. He was in a suit, and overcoat. He went to swear at the linesman and stopped short. I'm sure the 4th official was beside himself not having to chase after PM the entire match. He was no longer a distraction from the game. Too bad today's game was a total yawner except for Montreal trying to open us up in stoppage time. After the match, Mariner looked like he was going to head over to south end but thought better of it.

Still, only two subs made so a chance to let a young Canadian get some playing time wasted. Silva should have been subbed out. He was floating around barely going through the motions.
    Hassli wanted to be subbed around the 65th minute, Mariner told him 5 minutes, and stretched it to 15.

I'd like to know how they came up with 16,000 plus.. MAYBE 12,000 at most. Typical MLSE math.

In the end, we said our good-byes to the friends around us, some will be back, several on the fence about renewing, and several adamant they will not be back as SSH.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wait...Jeremy Hall makes 100k?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

seriously would it have hurt to play some of the youngsters? these matches mean nothing and still continues to play the same 11 while claiming he's giving players a chance to fight for their contracts. Hall and Maund are fucking terrible. When Dunfield is taking your set pieces u know u have a problem.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Whoever Lit that smoke bomb. Thank you very much. That totally changed the atmosphere and got people chanting loud and getting into things. it definitely looked awesome.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfc2008 View Post
    TFC. fans - Montreal fans. 0-3
    As expected. Good for them to show up. The Canadian market is there, just begging for a product.