Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Danny dichio for the job

I mean what does everyone think..it can't get any worse. It would not cost MLSE too much and the fans will have more faith or patience at least.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not unless Anselmi and Cochrane are gone.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DD is not stupid,he know very well how toxic FO is.He will stay with TFCA for a long time,and that is better for him.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Not unless Anselmi and Cochrane are gone.
    Yeah,only after all 3 stooges are gone.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope DD gets his shot , The man sadly was our only Wall of Famer

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't want another inexperienced coach.

I agree with the point about Cochrane and Anselmi. Hell, I wouldn't even fire Mariner unless Anselmi and Cochrane are removed as well. Or else what's the point?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by narduch View Post

I agree with the point about Cochrane and Anselmi. Hell, I wouldn't even fire Mariner unless Anselmi and Cochrane are removed as well. Or else what's the point?
    I totally agree with all that!!!

Please just say no if anyone asks you, Danny. I don't want another good person to get torn to shreds in that awful environment.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Why? When Soler AND Backe might be available? Ready made package with experience and a history of success.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anselmi's the president of the whole corporation now. He ain't going anywhere. Right now I think Cochrane's the only one we really have to worry about. The first very shitty fact that has to be accepted is that whoever is picked to run this organization will be hired by the MLSE board, none of whom know anything about soccer. The less shitty thing is that Anselmi has more responsibilities now so whoever they hire to run TFC will have as much control as anyone will ever have over the team as long as it's owned by MLSE.
    The point of getting rid of Mariner anyway would be to avoid detrimental squad/infrastructure damage. Even an incompetent coach would do better in the short term if it means not chasing away top academy prospects, Morgan and Avila

What we need to hope for and pressure MLSE to do is to hire someone who's been highly successful in NA soccer and make them president of the team, answering only to the MLSE board, but not needing their approval to do everything. Essentially hire a Brian Burke (who while having made some mistakes is IMO doing a good job). Also I'm quite sure that no high reputation coach/manager would sign here unless they had full power to do what they need to do. Hell just give the keys to the club to Rongen

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure, I would accept Anselmi staying with a new 'president' of TFC being hired.

I could be wrong, but I think MLSE doesn't consider TFC big enough to have its own President. That's why when Anselmi was promoted nobody was hired to fill the void at TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure, I would accept Anselmi staying with a new 'president' of TFC being hired.

I could be wrong, but I think MLSE doesn't consider TFC big enough to have its own President. That's why when Anselmi was promoted nobody was hired to fill the void at TFC.
    Well technically I think Earl Cock is the de facto head of TFC. I think everyone is in agreement that he has to go along with Mariner. Not firing him is unthinkable IMO. But if TFC ever wants to get their fans back, they absolutely have to hire a highly reputable figure as manager. They'll need at least two new main people - a manager and a coach, and the coach has to be hired by the manager and clearly be below the manager in order to prevent a power struggle. I highly doubt that any reputable manager with options would come here unless they're given full control to do what they have to do. They might not consider TFC worthy of it's own president, but if they ever want it to make money again, they'll likely have to give up that power to someone who's proved themself

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly. Danny isn't blind to the troubles facing the senior team. I think all he wants to do right now is keep his head down and do his job with as little distraction as possible. It's entirely possible that an offer might be made in the future, and he might even take the club up on the it. But I don't think it's likely anytime soon.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Octavio Zambrano!

get it done is coaching in columbia's second division(top of the table btw). We would easily be able to pry him away if we could promise 0 no interference and he could sign his own players and staff.

I also mentioned Marc Dos Santos
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc_Dos_Santos
    (Palameiras fighting for relegation, this could mean restructuring)
    As head of scouting and player development to work in tandem with Zambrano as far scouting was concerned, but might involve us spending a fair bit of money to pry him.

Watching Ottawa Fury FC when not hanging off the top of Section 110 at BMO!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RedsYNWA View Post
    it can't get any worse.
    An infamous local sports writer here in Ottawa once said "If anyone tells you it can't get any worse .. run right over and kick em in the shins to prove how wrong they are!"

Danny D. would be wise to stay away from the head coaching job until the organization decides on its vision for the future.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let DD develop his coaching abilities further before throwing him to the wolves. We would be setting him up for failure having him run the first team now. Management's turnstile approach to coaching staff would leave him, and his recently immigrated familly, vulnerable to further geographical relocation. I love double D too much to want to risk that for him.
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mean what does everyone think..it can't get any worse. It would not cost MLSE too much and the fans will have more faith or patience at least.
    Any coach on TFC right now is playing way more politics with the FO than concentrating on soccer. A clean sweep of the house Cochrane, Mariner, Brennan, Bierne and the rest of the politics playing hosebags will be required before a good president could turn this ship around. At that point, DD probably will have the support of 110% of the fans....

Step 1: Cochrane out, Rongen in as president?
    Step 2: New president has to be given complete control to CLEAN HOUSE

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tiberius View Post
    Any coach on TFC right now is playing way more politics with the FO than concentrating on soccer. A clean sweep of the house Cochrane, Mariner, Brennan, Bierne and the rest of the politics playing hosebags will be required before a good president could turn this ship around. At that point, DD probably will have the support of 110% of the fans....

Agree 100%

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I personally find Thomas Rongen to be a bit of a pushover and a bit of a "yes man". I dont think with the little thats known about him that he would slot in easily as "President."

He should maybe be in charge of assigning the bow ties for gameday. Maybe one day we'll see a well dressed Canadian Head Coach with a sealskin bow tie and vest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you hate Danny so much that you would want to destroy his career?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, no, no. Rongen would be a disaster.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by [NBF] View Post
    I personally find Thomas Rongen to be a bit of a pushover and a bit of a "yes man". I dont think with the little thats known about him that he would slot in easily as "President."
    You are probably correct - it takes a "yes man" to survive the TFC circus. We definitely need someone with some political experience, but strength and vision are required - I have no idea if Rongen would fit the bill in that regard, or if he is even capable of being his own man.

He should maybe be in charge of assigning the bow ties for gameday. Maybe one day we'll see a well dressed Canadian Head Coach with a sealskin bow tie and vest.
    Perhaps Rongen could be Mariners "dresser" - Paul sure could use it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleUp View Post
    Octavio Zambrano!

get it done is coaching in columbia's second division(top of the table btw). We would easily be able to pry him away if we could promise 0 no interference and he could sign his own players and staff.

I also mentioned Marc Dos Santos
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc_Dos_Santos
    (Palameiras fighting for relegation, this could mean restructuring)
    As head of scouting and player development to work in tandem with Zambrano as far scouting was concerned, but might involve us spending a fair bit of money to pry him.

He's not loved by AEG apparently because he sued them for backpay. But this column from Galarcep in 2006 illustrates why he'd fit in here.
    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns...ot=mls&cc=5901

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The roumor that circles between US based MLS/NCAA coaches/agents/scouts is that Rongen has a clause in his contract to take over head coach position once Mariner is sacked.

Anselmi is not stupid,otherwise he wouldn't be on the position where he is right now.
    Mariner was Winter's backup,Rongen is Mariner's,it was never about total football or vision,it was pure PR from ML$E and they failed,otherwise ST prices would go up once again in 2013 if by any chance "Short-pants Harry Potter"somehow managed to squeeze into playoffs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    The roumor that circles between US based MLS/NCAA coaches/agents/scouts is that Rongen has a clause in his contract to take over head coach position once Mariner is sacked.

Anselmi is not stupid,otherwise he wouldn't be on the position where he is right now.
    Mariner was Winter's backup,Rongen is Mariner's,it was never about total football or vision,it was pure PR from ML$E and they failed,otherwise ST prices would go up once again in 2013 if by any chance "Short-pants Harry Potter"somehow managed to squeeze into playoffs.
    Im going to go out on a limb and say were going to suck with Rongen, not as bad as Marnier but we wont get playoffs with him, just my feeling.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does Rongen believe in attacking football? Will De Klerk still be around the club if Mariner is gone?

What will happen to Mariner's right hand man (Cochrane) if Mariner's gone?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's at least 5 years away from being ready to take over. He needs 3 years as an assistant under a decent coach at this level.

He'll be our gaffer eventually.

Just not now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 new manager wont make a difference at TFC. MLSE FO don't have a clue what they are doing as far as creating a winning team goes. Well they even have messed up there whole marketting and price ranges, They don't have a clue what they are doing period. They all need to be fired, we need to start fresh.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    1 new manager wont make a difference at TFC. MLSE FO don't have a clue what they are doing as far as creating a winning team goes. Well they even have messed up there whole marketting and price ranges, They don't have a clue what they are doing period. They all need to be fired, we need to start fresh.
    I agree 100% - if Cochrane stays, Rongen is screwed.... and so we are!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Why? When Soler AND Backe might be available? Ready made package with experience and a history of success.

Do you think the league is lining these guys up to take the reigns of TFC?

I don't think the league can afford to watch this franchise tank and might force Anselmi's hand on this.

I never understood why NYRB would let these guys go after successfully turning around their team, but if the league is behind it it would kind of make sense.

I'm hopelessly grasping at straws here obviously.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post

absolutely moronic if true. Who the hell hires a lineup of coaches? I'd be all in favour of hiring Rongen if he's the best guy available, but to promise a guy a coaching gig while the current coach is still going is just another example of this FO's incompetence.