Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Town hall this year?

Just wondering, under what circumstances would TFC hold a town hall? Is it every year? In the past has it been worthwhile/constructive? First year SSH and interested in attending if they have one. When my ticket rep called they didn't know if one was planned or not for this year. Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I doubt they have the guts to face the ire of TFC supporters.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Flamehawk. No way they have town halls this season.

The town halls were always a joke anyways. A way to show fans that they appeared to be changing things for the better, but always more of the same bs.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Agreed, no way they have town halls. And even if they did, I wouldn't go. I'm afraid of what I might do or say.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually believe holding a townhall would be a rather brave gesture and sign of good faith by the front office to at least hear what the fans have to say about the current state of the team.

But since this is MLSE we're talking about, it's never gonna happen.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The time for dialogue has passed.

Its pointless!. There's nothing left to say, except GTFO.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    I actually believe holding a townhall would be a rather brave gesture and sign of good faith by the front office to at least hear what the fans have to say about the current state of the team.

I agree.
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post

A brave gesture for sure, but definitely foolhardy. Nobody is gonna buy what they are selling. Fool us once, shame on MLSE; Fool us twice, shame on us. Fans and supporters alike have been shamed by this whole front office - nobody will be deceived a third time.

They have lost all trust and credibility - there is not a hope in hell that the current regime will get the fans back in the stands - ever. This is not about winning a few games - this is about honesty, integrity and competence. Not "faked honesty", "faked integrity" or "faked competence". A brave gesture and sign of good faith would be for the whole FO to walk the plank!

Aaron Winter and Bob de Klerk had integrity - they could not change the FO circus - they were victims of it. The only part of this stinking fish that hasn't been changed ad nauseum is the Front Office and its structure.

Tommy Anselmi, for the love of Mike - do something right for a change!

Last edited by tiberius; 10-07-2012 at 10:13 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tiberius View Post
    A brave gesture for sure, but definitely foolhardy. Nobody is gonna buy what they are selling. Fool us once, shame on MLSE; Fool us twice, shame on us. Fans and supporters alike have been shamed by this whole front office - nobody will be deceived a third time.

They have lost all trust and credibility - there is not a hope in hell that the current regime will get the fans back in the stands - ever. This is not about winning a few games - this is about honesty, integrity and competence. Not "faked honesty", "faked integrity" or "faked competence". A brave gesture and sign of good faith would be for the whole FO to walk the plank!

Aaron Winter and Bob de Klerk had integrity - they could not change the FO circus - they were victims of it. The only part of this stinking fish that hasn't been changed ad nauseum is the Front Office and its structure.

Tommy Anselmi, for the love of Mike - do something right for a change!

LOL, early Frank Capra film. You'll remember him for the later (and critically reviled at its time) "It's A Wonderful Life." Here's hoping you get to post that one someday.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    LOL, early Frank Capra film. You'll remember him for the later (and critically reviled at its time) "It's A Wonderful Life." Here's hoping you get to post that one someday.
    Ha Ha! As far as old films go - our current plot closely resembles the John Huston flick:

Cochrane stars as "Fred C. Dobbs"
    Anselmi is the old codger "Howard"
    Bierne is "Curtin"
    Mariner is the new guy "Cody"

Guess which two guys don't make it back?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if they have one...lets all where black shorts and a clown nose...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When was the last time Paul Beirne came on here to nibble toes and vicariously cuddle us adorable fans?

He tried to give me some sort of clumsy, one-armed hug once during a game at Real Sports and spilled a drink on my shoes.

Should have seen it as an omen.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by synkronized1 View Post
    In the past has it been worthwhile/constructive?
    Chicken wings were good. That is all.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhitenorf View Post
    When was the last time Paul Beirne came on here to nibble toes and vicariously cuddle us adorable fans?

He tried to give me some sort of clumsy, one-armed hug once during a game at Real Sports and spilled a drink on my shoes.

Should have seen it as an omen.
    I doubt he had any inclination to come on here to chat anymore. Every time he posts something 50 people post back pretty harsh comments his way.
    Funny, because during the town halls, not a single comment or question was posed to him in the same tone and manner that they are on this board.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    I doubt he had any inclination to come on here to chat anymore. Every time he posts something 50 people post back pretty harsh comments his way.
    Funny, because during the town halls, not a single comment or question was posed to him in the same tone and manner that they are on this board.

That's not exactly how I remember it. At the town hall we all went in as RPB's and most had agreed to let a certain pre selected group of people speak on behalf of the group. The flaming happened but more towards Tom. With Tom and Paul in the room Tom is always going to take more heat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's the web though isn't it. How many of us would be as confrontational and rude if standing face to face as opposed to typing up our words on a keyboard?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flamehawk View Post
    I doubt they have the guts to face the ire of TFC supporters.
    +1. They would have to be either ignorant or downright stupid to put those Town Halls on the calendar again.

Hmmmmmm...but then again....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At one of the town halls I asked him "so what happens if this new vision, and plan fails... who is responsible?".... he embarassingly said, "I guess I am?" (yet here we are, and he's still around). He also didn't have his usual sarcastic/playful arrogance about him he has on the forums/twitter. It's hard to get real mad at someone when they basically admit they've screwed up and feel genuinely sorry for putting us through this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this years town hall meetings will be very lively. We will have a lot to say.

P.S. Adults only

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moralis View Post
    I think this years town hall meetings will be very lively. We will have a lot to say.

P.S. Adults only
    Well that gets Mariner out of going....

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tiberius View Post

I seriously doubt I could look back and find you heaping glowing praise on Winter and De Klerk when they were 0-9 but I won't dwell on it.

What I will help you with is pointing out that the structure has changed twice in two seasons and thereby the FO. If you don't like the changes made I'd understand since they involve some unsuccessful, familiar faces but let's not pretend nothing has changed.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, got my notice for the town halls for next week. They're brave. They're gonna get an earful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Wow, got my notice for the town halls for next week. They're brave. They're gonna get an earful.
    I think their motto is "there's no bad dialogue with the customer, as long as he still sticks around to complain".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone know if U-sector and Red Patch Boys will have their separate town hall meeting like last year?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I think their motto is "there's no bad dialogue with the customer, as long as he still sticks around to complain".
    Ha. Luckily the renewal date is after. So they could get the walkers as well as the renewers. And I'm sure the walkers will tell them why they aren't renewing. I know I will.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

shit - am away and will miss them. Bastards

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These are usually just a form for people to vent on the staff to try and drum up renewals.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was kind of surprised that they are doing this.

As for people expecting management change, don't. The town hall will be Beirne, Cochrane, Mariner and Rongen.

The clowns will be back until they fail next spring/summer.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really don't know if this is a good idea. I hope there is security, because Mariner will probably try to fight some of the fans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you read the e-mail carefully there's someone missing: You guessed it TOM ANSELMI

He was at last years town hall meetings