Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ugh, just ugh. Root canal would probably be way more enjoyable. I mean, I probably should go to a Town Hall. But based on the painful stuff I just got in a couple of emails from my ticket rep in the last two days, I don't know if I can handle it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have never been, any point to attending these things?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's possible that this is a sign that the early renewal response rate was not quite what they were hoping for.

I can't take the jawboning anymore. They can have some of my money after they start playing better.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems a bit pointless to hold town halls now but who knows?

People who aren't renewing have no reason to go based on the end of season press conferences given by Cochrane and Mariner. They've already told us they're views on things.

People who have already renewed did so without hearing what the club as to say because a price cut and free shit is enough for them.

So that leaves those on the fence. I used to be on the fence because I held out hope that they might fire the idiots in charge now. Well....it doesn't look like that's happening.

So for those on the fence....what could these people possibly say to make you swing one way or the other?(if they haven't already said it)

Is there really anything that Mariner or Cochrane can say that would inspire confidence that next season will be okay?

I'll be interested just to see if there will actually be any hardball questions and not more drivel about beer prices and other inconsequential garbage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tom Anselmi, the one man who needs to be there, is not going to be attending.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd gladly show up if they fire Mariner and Cochrane.

I think not showing up is the best statement we can take. I cant think of anything good that has come out of these face Fu*king town hall events. They are obviously concerned about renewals as this would have been on the table last month.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best thing to do is just not show up.

Someone could also drop of a simple poster saying to fire the clowns and get a soccer prez.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by v00d00daddy View Post
    Seems a bit pointless to hold town halls now but who knows?

People who aren't renewing have no reason to go based on the end of season press conferences given by Cochrane and Mariner. They've already told us they're views on things.

People who have already renewed did so without hearing what the club as to say because a price cut and free shit is enough for them.

So that leaves those on the fence. I used to be on the fence because I held out hope that they might fire the idiots in charge now. Well....it doesn't look like that's happening.

So for those on the fence....what could these people possibly say to make you swing one way or the other?(if they haven't already said it)

Is there really anything that Mariner or Cochrane can say that would inspire confidence that next season will be okay?

I'll be interested just to see if there will actually be any hardball questions and not more drivel about beer prices and other inconsequential garbage.
    They will spew the same drivel that they used at the year end media event. They will use terms like "better" and "competitive" while scratching each others backs. These fools are just as accountable as Tom Anselmi himself and should receive the same treatment Anselmi would have had had he not cowardly removed himself from these meetings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd like to see an official letter from the Prez of RPB stating talk is cheap action speaks louder than words and we look forward to a town hall with the new management team.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ElvistheEvilScotsman View Post
    I'd like to see an official letter from the Prez of RPB stating talk is cheap action speaks louder than words and we look forward to a town hall with the new management team.
    I am going to ask if we get one or not.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    I am going to ask if we get one or not.
    Did you not get the invite to a town hall today?

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ElvistheEvilScotsman View Post
    Did you not get the invite to a town hall today?
    I got my seasons seat one, but not a group invite.

Either works really.

btw, I already sent that letter, lol
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    I got my seasons seat one, but not a group invite.

Either works really.

btw, I already sent that letter, lol

No worries. Just wanted to make sure we were on the same page.

I thought a letter speaking to why rpb is encouraging non participation at the town hall. Although I have serious doubts with reporting real news now we have Bellogers controlling the media about their asset.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just don't see the point of these.

They haven't lived up to any of the promises they made in the 2010 town halls. What has changed in 2 years that we should believe this time it will be different?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only questions worth asking this time around is after 6 years of failure, and promises after nearly every season that next year will be different, next year will be better, why anyone should actually believe them this time? That's a question for Tom though, and he's not there.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    The only questions worth asking this time around is after 6 years of failure, and promises after nearly every season that next year will be different, next year will be better, why anyone should actually believe them this time? That's a question for Tom though, and he's not there.
    While I agree with this, they will answer even the toughest questions with the same bs they spewed at the end of season press conferences.

The point of events like this is to have your angry fans vent a little, right before they renew anyways.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's a question for Tom though, and he's not there.
    No, it's a question for the members of the Board, at this point.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bgnewf View Post
    I don't think we should be upset he's not there but more terrified that it might confirm someone else is now in charge of TFC, i.e. Earl.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sally Mack View Post
    At one of the town halls I asked him "so what happens if this new vision, and plan fails... who is responsible?".... he embarassingly said, "I guess I am?" (yet here we are, and he's still around). He also didn't have his usual sarcastic/playful arrogance about him he has on the forums/twitter. It's hard to get real mad at someone when they basically admit they've screwed up and feel genuinely sorry for putting us through this.
    Ha I was at that townhall and remember that. I only needed to go to one to smell the BS to high heaven. In fact I was there with my landlord at the time and he is not a guy who I'd necessarily call articulate or astute, and at the end he said "I feel like I was just fed bullshit for the last two hours".

That was the same session too where PB pretty much admitted JDG was signed because "you guys wanted him". Wa-wa-waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I went to the Townhall last year I said I would support TFC and the vision and direction that Winter and DeKlerk had , so I will not attend this year's Townhall.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bgnewf View Post
    Tom's days of being the executive face of TFC are done. He has moved onto a big picture position where everything from arena management, hockey, real estate and financial returns are his concerns.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by narduch View Post
    I just don't see the point of these.

They haven't lived up to any of the promises they made in the 2010 town halls. What has changed in 2 years that we should believe this time it will be different?
    I agree. That said, if they didn't do them it would probably cause more of a stink than if they did do them. Can't imagine any earth shattering information that will come from them. That said, sent in my request to go and hope to get one of the Golden Tickets. Oh, the questions that are forming in my mind...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if Tom got pissed off about all the emails he was getting from fans (see other thread) and called the other boys and told them to schedule a town hall ASAP so fans could vent there instead.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While I agree with this, they will answer even the toughest questions with the same bs they spewed at the end of season press conferences.

The point of events like this is to have your angry fans vent a little, right before they renew anyways.
    Incorrect. There are always some who attend to get in their parting salvo to feel better about themselves.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Incorrect. There are always some who attend to get in their parting salvo to feel better about themselves.
    Those are just the odd anomolies.

Generally if you care enough to show up to complain, chances are you are a good candidate to renew.

I've seen this in other areas as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    When I went to the Townhall last year I said I would support TFC and the vision and direction that Winter and DeKlerk had , so I will not attend this year's Townhall.
    Actually that would be a great question for them. Take the promotional book they sent us last year ask them what became of it....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stress View Post
    I wonder if Tom got pissed off about all the emails he was getting from fans (see other thread) and called the other boys and told them to schedule a town hall ASAP so fans could vent there instead.
    It's probably more to do with poor renewals. They need to put people out on the front line to take the heat and make the empty promises.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    The best moment from these was the parting salvo of the guy that told uncle Tom he was not renewing thousands of dollars worth of tickets.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's probably more to do with poor renewals. They need to put people out on the front line to take the heat and make the empty promises.
    Agreed. Did you also notice that they had the most pub crawls ever?

They are selling hard these days.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed. Did you also notice that they had the most pub crawls ever?

They are selling hard these days.
    This is not the first time you've mentioned that.

Do you believe that these "meet the players" nights could ever be the difference to sell people on renewing?
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER