View Poll Results: Are you proud of the crest?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

32 64.00%
  • No

18 36.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    This pretty much sums things up at TFC. The "pinnacle" for TFC fans was hosting a friendly which made the most money. For TFC fans. I guess that it's cool that our team played in the highest grossing soccer game in Canada, but fuck me, we can't buy a win with all that money.

Whoever wrote that bio really has no connection to support. Paul...hopefully you read this and change that. It's insulting.

Pow right in the kisser! Well said!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As professional soccer continues to grow in popularity Toronto FC has ensured that the world of club football is presented in a quality way at BMO Field to Toronto fans.

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Ummmm Paul, been to BMO lately?

Here, I'll fix it for you:

As hoofball and losing continues to kill popularity, Toronto FC has ensured that the world of club football is presented in a profitable way at BMO Field to Toronto fans.
    Last edited by cmonyoureds; 10-04-2012 at 11:46 AM.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think I fully understand the question to be honest. Am I proud of the crest? Well, I guess I like the design. I don't love it, but I've seen much worse. The colours are good and work well together, though. I've never really cared much for wearing red until TFC came around and I think our threads are actually pretty stylish. But all that is different from most concepts of "pride".

Now, if you're asking if I'm proud to disaplay my allegiance to TFC, that's a whole new kettle of fish.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Proud of having a football team to cheer for and support. I don't agree with what management has done to us over the years, and the fact that TFC are owned by ML$E.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MG42 View Post

Senior Director of Business Operations, Toronto FC
    Paul joined Toronto FC from parent company, Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment, with 17 years of experience in the sports and entertainment industry. He has a passion for sports and is recognized as a leader in the entertainment industry in ticketing, customer service, and the use of technology.
    Paul began his career in live theatre working with industry leaders such as Live Entertainment and Mirvish Productions. He held a variety of positions in the ticketing, merchandising and group sales areas before participating in the start-up of Encore Tickets. Paul managed the ticketing for the World Championship of Basketball in 1994 prior to joining the NBA expansion Toronto Raptors.
    With Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment, Paul has held a variety of progressively challenging management positions for the NHL Toronto Maple Leafs and the NBA Toronto Raptors.
    Paul is a big believer in grassroots marketing and over the last five years he has taken it to a new level with Toronto FC. As a result of many initiatives in the build up to Toronto FC’s record breaking launch in 2007, Paul was honoured by Major League Soccer, winning the prestigious “Doug Hamilton Executive of the Year” award at the conclusion of the team’s opening season. In the seasons following the launch Toronto FC has been singled out in a number of publications; something for which Paul is immensely proud:
    Sports Business Journal nomination - 2008 Team of the Year
    Marketing Magazine – Toronto FC - Top 10 Marketers in Canada
    Strategy Magazine – Toronto FC 2009 Brand of the Year
    As professional soccer continues to grow in popularity Toronto FC has ensured that the world of club football is presented in a quality way at BMO Field to Toronto fans. Paul has booked, promoted and sold out International Friendly Matches against Aston Villa, Bolton Wanderers, Benfica, Indepentiente, River Plate and Pachuca . The pinnacle for TFC fans was in August 2009, when TFC hosted Real Madrid in Canada’s highest grossing soccer game.
    Under Paul’s stewardship Toronto FC has invested in a number of initiatives aimed at improving the landscape for professional soccer: the installation of a world-class heated grass pitch at BMO Field, the addition of 1700 seats to BMO Field, and most importantly, the creation of Toronto FC Academy.
    wow he got way to much credit for this club. The academy is a great job by him. The grass heatting was needed and its great that we now have it, and the scarf with our tickets back in 2007 was a nice touch. But there is so many mistakes that they prase him for as a success which are really the reason the stadium is half empty today.

1,700 extra seats...they were a good idea if they were priced right but they made a big miske as tickets were over priced and have never been full, even when we were filling the rest of the stadium the over priced North End was half empty. They should of priced it close to the South End prices.

Getting friendlies against teams like Aston Villa, Bolton Wanderers, Benfica, Indepentiente, River Plate and Pachuca tho respective teams they were not at the same skill level as some other MLS temas were playing friendlies against from Europe at the same time. Also i believe these friendlies were part of our season package, having 16,000 season ticket holders these games only had to actually sell a few thousand tickets. Other season ticekt holders who didn't even want the friendlies had to pay for it if they wanted season tickets.

Most money earned vs Real madrid...well many season ticket holders feel ripped off, prices were $125 and up and couldn't afford the game while other teams in MLS were playing clubs like Chelsea where prices were much,much much cheaper then the Real Madrid game was priced at. It made season ticket holders and supports the ones who fill the stadium even when you play last place MLS teams or teams from Central America that no one has herd of feel unapreciated.

Record breaking launch had a lot to do with the supporters group and atmosphere which TFC marketing had nothing to do with. Then TFC marketing jumped on the band wagon and tryed to sell it. Then few later these supporters that they sold tickets by claiming great atmosphere they have chased away by creating strict rules, and high prices while offerring nothing on the field performcae. All they had to do was work with they supporters, not against them. TFC had it all lined up for them and they just went and messed it all up. Atmosphere today at BMO field is dead.
    Last edited by james; 10-04-2012 at 05:23 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I only used it once - mightytfc2008 (or whatever his name was, longtimers know who I mean).
    oh man... that guy was the best.

and by best I mean 'best example of using the ignore function to improve your day'
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought about ignoring him. But the bullshit he was spewing was entertaining in an OMG/WTF kind of way.
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Belfast_Boy View Post
    at times yes. unforturnately its now covered in years of shit.

I am there with you, I am to a point, I am because it is the name of my city, and because I remember what it could have been, has been for very very brief and few bits, and still hope will be one day, but the crest has falled into a shit pile called MLSE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All we are saying is please sell the club.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    I am there with you, I am to a point, I am because it is the name of my city, and because I remember what it could have been, has been for very very brief and few bits, and still hope will be one day, but the crest has falled into a shit pile called MLSE.
    as soon as I heard MLSE would own it I knew we were screwed. I'd prefer a small owner that gave a shit than these guys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep.

I'd rather a poorer owner who does what he can, runs a professional club with a proper philosophy from top to bottom.

I know many here didn't like Winter because of various things, but you'd have to be crazy to hate the level of professionalism he brought to this team. His demeanor on the sidelines, the suits, pushing for the players in the locker room (regarding media), sticking to a plan.

That has to be appreciated, and for me, sorely...SORELY missed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Agreed, as to ownership.

I was critical of winter, simply because of lack of results, but he had many positive attributes, and overall play improved under him. As I keep on saying him as much as firing him due to the record had to be done, Mariner was just about the last person I would have hired, for at least no other reason that he was clearly part of the problem.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    we should never change the badge,....it's basic and strong , something to live up to, lol.....a new badge just weakens our fragile history even more......we NEED a grounding. oh ya and ....
    New badge? You have to be kidding?? Only MLSE could dream this up! As if the badge has anything to do with the total incompetence of the last six years, or what is required to fix it. In the end, 20-30 years down the road, we want a storied club - fiddling with the badge and branding is such a piss poor idea. Stupid idea by marketing mavens to try to generate money. Jazzy is 100% correct - changing the crest weakens the brand - just like their stoooopid white scarf did. Changing the branding will only weaken the ties that long term fans have had with this club. Of course the front office has disrespected the fans and supporters 100 times over already, so what is one more giant screw up?

What Paul B's marketing group wants to know is: Should we change the crest or not? Why not just poll it directly, rather than this awkwardly worded poll that can be interpretted several different ways? If we don't spell it out in plain English to them, there is no hope of them ever making a good decision...
    Last edited by tiberius; 10-07-2012 at 12:16 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    Yep.

I'd rather a poorer owner who does what he can, runs a professional club with a proper philosophy from top to bottom.

I know many here didn't like Winter because of various things, but you'd have to be crazy to hate the level of professionalism he brought to this team. His demeanor on the sidelines, the suits, pushing for the players in the locker room (regarding media), sticking to a plan.

That has to be appreciated, and for me, sorely...SORELY missed.
    Agreed! They paved paradise and put up a parking lot! (well maybe it wasn't paradise)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As Mr. Lahey would say, it's a shit crest, crested with shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I only used it once - mightytfc2008 (or whatever his name was, longtimers know who I mean). That guy ruined things around here, for me.

If you are halfway articulate, I won't ignore you, no matter how out there you are.
    Hey, just pop down to the front row of 114 if you want to have a chat with him.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    As Mr. Lahey would say, it's a shit crest, crested with shit.
    ABC (Anselmi, Beirne, and Cochrane) are all hunkered down in their shit bunker while the winds of shit are swirling around BMO Field.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn't they just change owners?
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Didn't they just change owners?
    Exactly. Changing owners doesn't necessarily get rid of the ridiculous decision-makers.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think what Carlo is saying is to have it sold from MLSE.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To whom exactly?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

at this point it wouldn't matter. I'd be happy with a small owner that tried instead of MLSE that obvously doesn't care at all.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

riiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Not exactly spoilt for choice in that regard, though...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a feeling Bell/Rogers may be even worse than the OTPP. Rogers are a very conservative owner based on the way they run the Jays. We could see more of that at TFC now.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Worried again, narduch?

Bell has owned the Canadiens and they have had the very kind of fans that have been piping up here for change so does that put a percentage of you at ease?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Worried again, narduch?

Bell has owned the Canadiens and they have had the very kind of fans that have been piping up here for change so does that put a percentage of you at ease?
    Bell never controlled the Canadiens.

I've seen nothing in the way this team is run to be positive about the situation. When they start to make real meaningful moves I will change my outlook.

Right now TFC's situation is dire.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

riiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Not exactly spoilt for choice in that regard, though...
    the problem is MLSE's involvement. They have proved incompetent or uninterested in being competitive. This is particularly sad because they have the resources to hire the best and the brightest in their respective fields. instead they blunder along and make bad choice after bad choice.
    having MLSE incharge of this team is like having Rob Ford as mayor.
    Last edited by Belfast_Boy; 10-09-2012 at 01:32 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by narduch View Post
    Bell never controlled the Canadiens.

I've seen nothing in the way this team is run to be positive about the situation. When they start to make real meaningful moves I will change my outlook.

Right now TFC's situation is dire.
    first hit on google search

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/...iens-bell.html

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Belfast_Boy View Post
    the problem is MLSE's involvement. They have proved incompetent or uninterested in being competitive. This is particularly sad because they have the resources to hire the best and the brightest in their respective fields. instead they blunder along and make bad choice after bad choice.
    having MLSE incharge of this team is like having Rob Ford as mayor.
    Yeah but it doesn't solve the question of who would buy out MLSE other than Bell/Rogers? Who?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are part owners. The club was majority owned by others, they were the important decision makers.

For MLSE, its esentially a Bell/Rogers partnership. Its a big difference.