Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default PRE/IN/POST GAME THREAD-TOR vs DC- Oct. 06. 1:00PM ,TSN

So let's why this game is so important for us?

RPB Breakfast Tailgate
    Sat October 6th @ 10:00 AM

Other then that,1-1 would look good on our resume.

Starting lineup?
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mariner's starting line-up? Whoever he likes, I guess.

I'm figuring a 2-1 loss for TFC since Silva is in Mariner's doghouse and O'Dea is likely to go down with an ACL tear knowing our luck with injuries. The only game they have a chance of winning the rest of the year is against Montreal.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ugh, it's Wedneday evening before gameday and only two posts discussing the game. Sad times indeed.

I'm actually predicting a win. No tactical reasoning other than the fact even crap teams get a win here and there.

A tailgate is always something to look forward to!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have to believe me when I tell you I'm not intending to be negative with this post! I'm hoping for a win. I'll be there, and I'll be cheering for a win. But after the RBNY game, I think it's worth noting that we are now -97 GD in all-time league play. Pretty sure that's a current record. It would be nice to never hit triple digits.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DCU needs a win to stay in the playoff race. They have coped fairly well with De Ro out.

I fully expect another loss for TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll be rooting against TFC for this one (from my couch, my seat remains empty at BMO). I'd like to see Mariner finish the season without points in the final games - it's the only chance we have of getting rid of him, and then hopefully having a chance in 2013.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    I'll be rooting against TFC for this one (from my couch, my seat remains empty at BMO). I'd like to see Mariner finish the season without points in the final games - it's the only chance we have of getting rid of him, and then hopefully having a chance in 2013.
    I agree...but TFC seem to have already committed to have PM managing next year....

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maninb View Post
    I agree...but TFC seem to have already committed to have PM managing next year....
    they committed three years to Winter didn't they?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TOBOR THE GREAT ! View Post
    They gave Bobby Valentine until the end of the MLB season, so there's really no point to firing the guy in a losing season until the season is done and dusted. If anything he hasnt helped himself by being a complete idiot during the transfer window or during his coaching and game management. I dont think you can regain the confidence and respect from the players during one winter season, when you've been throwing them under the bus or when you have a history of throwing people under the bus.

My guess is that the players will be glad the season is over and they will make plans to move elsewhere or demand a release or choose to retire, but as the 2013 season looms, the level of frustrations will raise again and the number of games on the schedule will seem like a "death march" to November.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^ not sure if agreeing with me or not...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TOBOR THE GREAT ! View Post
    True...but imo both PM and EC will have to be fired at once (fine with me), as EC has hitched his wagon to PM.....also somebody mentioned that PM still has a lot of respect around the league and with league mgmt (God knows why?), and that TFC wouldn't want to "upset" them....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True...but imo both PM and EC will have to be fired at once (fine with me), as EC has hitched his wagon to PM.....also somebody mentioned that PM still has a lot of respect around the league and with league mgmt (God knows why?), and that TFC wouldn't want to "upset" them....
    That's something Duane Rollins likes to throw around.

Sounds like a stretch to me.

Besides, our situation is so dire that we can't stand still even if that was the case. You can't keep an incompetent person employed for that reason.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

someone mentioned that the club has already committed to PM for 2 more years. My comment about Winter's term was to indicate that this is meaningless. Winter never got his three years. I hope to Jeebus that PM is gone after this horrible season.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    Ugh, it's Wedneday evening before gameday and only two posts discussing the game. Sad times indeed.

I'm actually predicting a win. No tactical reasoning other than the fact even crap teams get a win here and there.

A tailgate is always something to look forward to!!
    TFC will lose. Trust me. DC will eat TFC's lunch.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by narduch View Post
    That's something Duane Rollins likes to throw around.

Sounds like a stretch to me.

Besides, our situation is so dire that we can't stand still even if that was the case. You can't keep an incompetent person employed for that reason.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    Disagree. With both rooting against my team and the fact we need to lose this game to get rid of Mariner. I think they felt they had to sign Mariner to a contract to get enough out of him but I don't think it means we're stuck with him. If the marketing team is asking if we like him over the phone survey I don't see confidence in their signing him.

I just want him gone before the start of the season. None of this mid-season bullshit.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree, wins won't save Mariner, especially not wins in meaningless games. Just like that win didn't save Winter.

Although I do think big losses do have a chance of speeding up the process.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a question guys, would it be wrong for me to cheer when DC socres and cheer when TFC hoofs the ball from defence to the forwards?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 117 View Post
    I have a question guys, would it be wrong for me to cheer when DC socres and cheer when TFC hoofs the ball from defence to the forwards?
    We should do an 'ole' for every hoof.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Win, lose, at this point does it really matter? We're all but assured of taking home the wooden spoon this year. At this point, it's more about the drink, the laughs, and hanging out with the lads than it is about the football. I'm very despondent when I think about what 2013 will bring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only if the cheer for DC scoring is as follows:

Qu est que vous chantez?
    We play football the wrong way.

However the "ole" cheer on every hoofball is most certainly a good one also.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would hoping for at least an honest effort and a competitive match win, lose or draw,be too much to ask for, that is all I ask of TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you should save cheers for Montreal game. That will send a better message to ML$E and Mariner. Supporters and fans cheering their main rival team over their own team at home will make headlines and catch some media attention.

Also chanting "Fire Mariner" like how Leafs fans chanted "Fire Wilson" to get Wilson fired would help our cause as well.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcleeds View Post
    Win, lose, at this point does it really matter? We're all but assured of taking home the wooden spoon this year. At this point, it's more about the drink, the laughs, and hanging out with the lads than it is about the football. I'm very despondent when I think about what 2013 will bring.
    Everyone on the team and the FO should be made to take the wooden spoon trophy home for a week to remind them of just how crap they have been this year. Then, Anslemi should be made to keep it on his desk until TFC, Raps, Leafs, & Marlies all win Championships. (which basically means forever)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    Everyone on the team and the FO should be made to take the wooden spoon trophy home for a week to remind them of just how crap they have been this year. Then, Anslemi should be made to keep it on his desk until TFC, Raps, Leafs, & Marlies all win Championships. (which basically means forever)
    For the hundredth time, you want to send a message: DON'T GO TO THE GAME.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    Yup. My seat wil be empty for the third game in a row.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    I've yet to hear anything from this FO that indicates they would know what that message means. They are just as likely to start marketing to Soccer Moms (they've already done the Bump-It crowd this season) as against making the necessary changes to the FO.

They don't seem to know how to internalize mistakes....a trait that runs throughout the whole organization.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just about kickoff time, can you feel the excitement?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Just about kickoff time, can you feel the excitement?

You'd think that the statistical consistency of our 65/35% loss of possession game after game would suggest to Mariner that there's a direct tactical problem. Einstein never actually said that crazy was defined as doing the same thing over again and expecting different results, but I bet he wished he did.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"He's really developing into a key player in paul mariner's side,' says DeVos, as if Mariner's side has ever had a key development. Jesus. It's like they see two even teams on the field or something.