Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    I forget who first mentioned it - but it really does look like they are going to go for the short term sign some vets playoffs or bust mode next year.

If Mariner has his playoffs or bust ultimatum for next year it wouldn't suprise me.
    if tried, it won't work......BLOW IT UP ! other teams actually SCOUT Central/South America!! I just don't understand the reluctance to sign any "BARGAIN" Latin american players, WTF ? !!
    Last edited by azorean10; 10-06-2012 at 10:03 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    I forget who first mentioned it - but it really does look like they are going to go for the short term sign some vets playoffs or bust mode next year.
    They look at Montreal and go......hmmmmmm.

Except of course people want to play in Montreal.

Who the heck wants to play here for Mariner?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    They look at Montreal and go......hmmmmmm.

Except of course people want to play in Montreal.

Who the heck wants to play here for Mariner?
    No one,not even his own players want to play for Harry Potter in the short pants.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good God

PLEASE JUST LET THE JOKE MARINER SAIL FAR AWAY PLEASE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mariner has a great record of three points in the last 12 games since our last win way back before the Liverpool friendly. Surely that's just a red herring though that's preventing us from seeing what great things Mariner is doing with this club - At least that's what the likes of de Vos, Larson, Rollins would like us to think...

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    Mariner has a great record of three points in the last 12 games since our last win way back before the Liverpool friendly. Surely that's just a red herring though that's preventing us from seeing what great things Mariner is doing with this club - At least that's what the likes of de Vos, Larson, Rollins would like us to think...
    So Mariner officially has worst record than Winter,eh?

Winter 3 points in 10 games and Mariner 3 in 12,makes me wonder WTF is he still doing on the bench of TFC?
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post

Winter 3 points in 10 games and Mariner 3 in 12,makes me wonder WTF is he still doing on the bench of TFC?
    This is something media should point out. Winter was fired, but Mariner is still here. Talk about double standards, eh?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Folks, some nice pictures in a Toronto Star photoblog. Good work guys!

http://thestar.blogs.com/photoblog/2...n-the-bag.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    This is something media should point out. Winter was fired, but Mariner is still here.
    why would they do that when so many of them hated Winter and were looking for a negative about everything he did from the very beginning, and love mariner for being a traditional coach? There are an unfortunately high number of soccer reporters who hate the fact that Mariner is doing worse than their arch enemy Winter and will do everything in their power to cover that FACT up.

Talk about double standards, eh?
    Yeah no kidding. Of course Tommy boy preferred to point out at the press conference that Winter was fired for only winning seven games in [however many league games he was here for] (but conveniently ignored the fact that Winter took them further than any other coach in the CCL. He didn't even say that he was going by the league record. He just acted as if Winter had only won a total of seven games in his coaching career.) So assuming they still use that kind of logic, they'll still claim that Winter wasn't fired for his 0-9 start, he was fired for his overall league record and Mariner hasn't been given enough time to prove himself in the league

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Morgan is traded, I am done. Done with this club, done with going to games, until the entire FO is fired and Mariner is gone. This is the first time EVER TFC needs a full cleaning from top to bottom, and this is the time they are most hesitant to do this? It's RIDICULOUS I could run this club better and I'm 15 fucking years old. If they ever even seriously considered trading away one of our best players with the most potential to grow in a positive environment (Morgan)... IDEK this is just depressing to think about.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Morgan may very well be on the trading block, but I doubt he missed this game because of that. Mariner has been using him whenever possible, I don't think that changed within a week's time.

As for the Academy hype, it was always over-played. Pookie did a good job a few months back exposing the Academy and training facility for what it really was (a way to get money and infrastructure from Adidas and governments).

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Huyton View Post
    I'd go with Pepto Dismal.
    Nice one!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gomesv View Post
    What kind of supporter stands by in silence while his team is being ruined by a bunch of morons........I heard the heckling and I loved every minute of it
    About 90% of the people in 112 and 113.

But it would be a shame if their 'Game Day Experience' was disrupted in any way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    If this was in England, Mariner would be run out of the country and he knows it.

Isnt that what happen!?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by johnmolinaro View Post
    I have already looked into this alleged incident and will continue to dig. We'll see what comes of it. If its legitimate, I'll report it.

As far as the assertion that I have "stayed silent on Mariner's tenure as coach, while relentlessly criticizing Winter for the exact same futility," I have to say that's unfair and inaccurate. Read what I have written since Paul took over. I've been very critical of his performance thus far, and am on record as saying that Mariner is more culpable and responsible for the current state of the roster that he lets on an assumes responsibility for.

John Molinaro

For what its worth I think your the only one that is not on the Mariner train.

But as far as raising awareness to the seriousness of the situation, you have been rather silent.Imo

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Folks, some nice pictures in a Toronto Star photoblog. Good work guys!

http://thestar.blogs.com/photoblog/2...n-the-bag.html
    Loved those pics, especially this one...

Show Tom the EXIT!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gomesv View Post
    What kind of supporter stands by in silence while his team is being ruined by a bunch of morons........I heard the heckling and I loved every minute of it
    I was unaware that the only way to show displeasure for a coach was to make fun of him during a game. I've been trying the stay home approach.. but I'm sure making fun of his shorts is just as effective.
    Last edited by Brooker; 10-07-2012 at 07:35 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Milos had the key error of the game. But the loss doesn't lie with just that one error. There were 3 TFC errors, in the run of play, that led to that goal. Both teams played poorly. Ecks was a bright spot.
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paul Mariner showed his true colours once again yesterday. Over and over again he has shown nothing but contempt for the fans and supporters. His antics on the touchline are laughable. The 4th official at every match stands at the edge of the technical area of TFC and is constantly warning him about his behaviour and foul language. How he hasn't been ejected from a game for that is beyond reason.

As a people manager, he would have been fired within the first 5 minutes of his debut game. He constantly berates the coaching staff with his vulgar language as if his poor team selection was all their fault. His type is what is known as a seagull manager, he comes in, make bunch of senseless noise and shits all over everything.

Mariner's record as a football manager speaks for itself and has been covered to death.

I really didn't want yet another manager change this off-season and was initially willing to give Mariner a chance as a trade-off for stability, but after the lack of results, and more specifically, his attitude towards fans and supporters, he is a cancer that must be removed immediately.

Dave...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post

Either is contract will cost to much to cancel, or someone in the FO is concerned about the optics and how their superiors will view them if they fire him that quickly after giving him a contract extension. That's my guess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so there are rumours or reports that mariner challenged some fans to a fight and to meet them outside ????

if this is true the guy should be walked out the door instantly

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want my money back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Winter was here to build a new team, but nobody in this shit city had patient.
    looked now wat happened a Pm as coach gone be fired,again a new coach,again building,again the people no patient.
    so in Toronto never never gone come here a playoff team.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will someone think about the children?!

And Morgan missed the game due to a chest cold, according to De Vos. Which is pretty embarrassing (if true) for a young player that should be killing himself to prove that he's an everyday professional.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Petor View Post
    Loved those pics, especially this one...

Show Tom the EXIT!!!

Fixed!
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    so there are rumours or reports that mariner challenged some fans to a fight and to meet them outside ????

if this is true the guy should be walked out the door instantly
    Challenged to a fight might be stretching it a bit - but called people on. Read back a couple of pages in this thread for first hand accounts from people that were whims the bench and heard it first hand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The clown is nothing but an embarrassment. This is a bad comedy now. Please go away.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think before anything were to happen, it would have to be confirmed what exactly PM said to this person in the stands and how it was expressed, ie in a serious manner or something a little lighter, along with the lines of a cynical joke.

I had the pleasure of running into Paul before the game outside the stadium a few hours before the match, he was kind enough to sign my TFC photo I needed for my collection. In many ways while I hate to see how the Reds have performed this season, I have to commend the lads on staying positive and how they have interacted with the fans before and after each game.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I am less concerned about the alleged meet me at gate 4 comment than I am about the alleged public debate over Avila's potential contribution to game .... Within earshot of Avila and the other players. If true, this is a player's coach?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mariner's Sideshow Bob stuff would be funny if the team weren't terrible.

I think the issue is the results on the field.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”