Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    It seems that we are taking the same road too,unfortunately.
    I think it's changing. Have a look in the members section bro.
    We are moving in the right direction.
    Cheerleaders gonna cheer.
    The rest of us of us will fight for our team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are so many 'post of the year' posts in this thread. It makes me proud as a supporter to see these well thought out opinions.

We have to do this.

This is a grassroots movement that will be filled with the true believers. The Internet warriors and bandwagon fans will not have the courage to do this. Making a statement for the sake of making a statement. To make ourselves heard. Because we still care.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the 20th. I will be dressing up as Mariner and doing my best impression of him from the stands in 116. Shorts et all. That will be my protest. Just to show how ridiculous some of the things hes said sound.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CommradePolski View Post
    For the 20th. I will be dressing up as Mariner and doing my best impression of him from the stands in 116. Shorts et all. That will be my protest. Just to show how ridiculous some of the things hes said sound.
    cool, whatever works!

come out to Joes before hand for the march. Gate 4 afterwards then walk over to Gossip to say hello!

The FB group is growing. we're almost at 40.
    Last edited by Belfast_Boy; 10-12-2012 at 12:36 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depending on how early I leave KW I should be able to make it to Joes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

was going to keep this quiet but on second thought here it is.

i've registered for the 90th minute party. i'm going to go in and hope Tom is there. would like to have a word with him.

think we should hit Gate 4 as planned then Gossip in full force. having Tom at the party is like having this guy on the Death Star before we blow it up!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^There's actually a bit of a resemblance too, if you look closely...haha.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

soooo a party full of casual fans just enjoying the opportunity (including kids) you want to go in and "crash"? What would you say to Tom? Tell him to fuck off - cause he's going to care if he hears that? Are you going to propose positive solutions?

It's easy to get riled up about things but it's a lot harder to be riled up and propose a viable solution one that can be bought into. I haven't seen a strong focus in many of these threads on that (a viable one not burn MLSE to the ground...)

I am an Online Pole
    RPB Twitter and Facebook Bitch (http://www.twitter.com/redpatchboys)
    Pride...Passion...Purpose...and DRANK

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not trying to shit on any of this believe me - but I just don't find a common enough thread in between people that a common message is that clear. Not to mention some people just love shitting on anything

I am an Online Pole
    RPB Twitter and Facebook Bitch (http://www.twitter.com/redpatchboys)
    Pride...Passion...Purpose...and DRANK

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by phonzo View Post
    soooo a party full of casual fans just enjoying the opportunity (including kids) you want to go in and "crash"? What would you say to Tom? Tell him to fuck off - cause he's going to care if he hears that? Are you going to propose positive solutions?

It's easy to get riled up about things but it's a lot harder to be riled up and propose a viable solution one that can be bought into. I haven't seen a strong focus in many of these threads on that (a viable one not burn MLSE to the ground...)
    as a seasons ticket holder I was invited to the 90th minute party. the party is to meet the team and staff. I'm an adult I'm not going to rant and rave and call him names. If you behave like that when you have an issue with someone that's your deal. I'm simply going to have a conversation. why are you so afraid of that?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcleeds View Post
    ^There's actually a bit of a resemblance too, if you look closely...haha.

"and now young TFC fans... YEW WIEL DEEEYY!"

you're welcome..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not trying to shit on any of this believe me - but I just don't find a common enough thread in between people that a common message is that clear. Not to mention some people just love shitting on anything
    The common thread is years of incompetent management.
    Tom has to hire a prez or director of football that knows the game and this league. it's not that complicated.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post

"and now young TFC fans... YEW WIEL DEEEYY!"

you're welcome..
    nice job!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Belfast_Boy View Post
    Tom has to hire a prez or director of football that knows the game and this league. it's not that complicated.
    You would hope that this would be a solution.....but Mariner was highly regarded for his MLS knowledge and that didn't turn out so well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nodoubtguy View Post
    You would hope that this would be a solution.....but Mariner was highly regarded for his MLS knowledge and that didn't turn out so well.
    Sal I don't buy into him having all that knowledge. he was an assistant coach then left to issue Argyle into relegation. doesn't sound that impressive to me.
    besides, the problem is higher than Mariner. Tom is the guy incharge of hiring, he said it himself. instead of promoting someone that doesn't know the job he has to do his homework and find the right man for it.
    Last edited by Belfast_Boy; 10-12-2012 at 03:36 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sal I don't buy into him having all that knowledge. he was an assistant coach then left to issue Argyle into relegation. doesn't sound that impressive to me.
    besides, the problem is higher than Mariner. Tom is the guy incharge of hiring, he said it himself. instead of promoting someone that doesn't know the job he has to do his homework and find the right man for it.
    For sure it falls on Tom to solve, but my fear is that nobody with the experience and knowledge would touch this team.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nodoubtguy View Post
    For sure it falls on Tom to solve, but my fear is that nobody with the experience and knowledge would touch this team.
    that's valid. However MLSE have the resources to find the right person. They are big enough and rich enough to pay Mr. Right to come to Toronto and fix this mess.

if we don't push them to try then it may never happen. they will kill football in this city. look at the stands already.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as a seasons ticket holder I was invited to the 90th minute party. the party is to meet the team and staff. I'm an adult I'm not going to rant and rave and call him names. If you behave like that when you have an issue with someone that's your deal. I'm simply going to have a conversation. why are you so afraid of that?
    Even with the absence of four letter words and yelling I am sure Tom will get the message through your grinding teeth and long sighs.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bigredone View Post
    Even with the absence of four letter words and yelling I am sure Tom will get the message through your grinding teeth and long sighs.
    I don't want to leave anything up for interpretation. Mariner, the team and the results are the symptoms. The problem is elsewhere.
    I believe in going to the source. There nothing wrong with direct contact. There's nothing wrong with being assertive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't want to leave anything up for interpretation. Mariner, the team and the results are the symptoms. The problem is elsewhere.
    I believe in going to the source. There nothing wrong with direct contact. There's nothing wrong with being assertive.
    Definitely nothing wrong with it! I hope you get the chance and Tom gives you the respect you deserve. Thanks for the efforts from me!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Respect to you guys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will join you guys after the game (Gate 4?).

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

THAT message isn't complicated, and well directed (minus mentioning incompetent management) Unfortunately there are more voices using the message of replacing all management, and needing a change. That just sounds simplified and naive. The promotions have happened and all but maybe the coaching position can be influenced. The other ships have sailed.

The good news is if you wanted to see another position added to the structure I'm sure they'd be willing to oblige. It's another (and newer) face to blame.

Let's hope we can be talking about taking credit vs laying blame someday.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    THAT message isn't complicated, and well directed (minus mentioning incompetent management) Unfortunately there are more voices using the message of replacing all management, and needing a change. That just sounds simplified and naive. The promotions have happened and all but maybe the coaching position can be influenced. The other ships have sailed.

The good news is if you wanted to see another position added to the structure I'm sure they'd be willing to oblige. It's another (and newer) face to blame.

Let's hope we can be talking about taking credit vs laying blame someday.
    lets see what happens. I've called Tom's office and asked to see him. lets see where it goes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's valid. However MLSE have the resources to find the right person. They are big enough and rich enough to pay Mr. Right to come to Toronto and fix this mess.

if we don't push them to try then it may never happen. they will kill football in this city. look at the stands already.
    I want nothing to do with mlse they do not know how to run any sports team all mlse have is the money and no one wants to come to toronto to play cause of mlse.
    Last edited by nascarguy; 10-15-2012 at 08:44 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nascarguy View Post
    I want nothing to do with mlse they do not know how to run any sports team all mlse have is the money
    in an ideal world we'd make them sell to someone that truly cares about the team.
    unfortunately we don't have that power, we have little if any influence here. lets not kid ourselves, this is a David and Goliath situation.
    mlse are the owners. if they do things properly this city could have a football dynasty for years to come in MLS.
    Last edited by Belfast_Boy; 10-15-2012 at 09:02 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

in an ideal world we'd make them sell to someone that truly cares about the team.
    unfortunately we don't have that power, we have little if any influence here. lets not kid ourselves, this is a David and Goliath situation.
    mlse are the owners. if they do things properly this city could have a football dynasty for years to come in MLS.
    This will never happen. This isn't a David and Goliath situation either. It's not 1vs1 - it's 1 vs 16000

I've said it before and I'll say it again - everyone has their own agenda around here. People have individual items they feel are the important things to fight for. And instead of rallying behind one banner and message, they break off into smaller groups or just give up altogether.

if there is a David vs Goliath situation here, it's because people are too self interested to bother with what the group is saying.

This isn't a knock on you Belfast_Boy or anyone who chooses to stand behind the team and the badge in a more positive manner.

This is directed at those who are bitching and complaining, but not doing anything about it. People who feel it's no longer worth dealing with MLSE and would rather just troll on a message board against anyone who may show the slightest bit of positivity. Get out of your fucking seat and lets get pumped up for this. Let's do this right. This is the one time where actually showing up will make a difference!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Seriously people - What's the point of crashing a party that has 500 people not interested in your cause ?
    Do you really think that's the best way to rally support?

Too many messages, not enough focus.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if 500 people will even show up to their year end event.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would be shocked if that many people went.
    TFC management changes: "like adding a new fish to your aquarium of failure." - Shakes