Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah great job on all banners especially the three stooges well done

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan View Post
    No one cares anymore, like I have always stated from day one, pro soccer in Toronto is not hockey, soccer fans will not come back anymore once they are gone, they had patience for a few years because this was an expansion franchise but not anymore. It's been 6 lousy years and people are gone they don't care anymore. It will be hard even if this team starts winning to get people back, get use to the 8 to 12000 people a game from now on for years to come. I can't see people coming back even if they put some winning seasons together I sadly just don't see it, the days of BMO field being full and noisy are gone probably for good.
    who the fuck is 'they" ? you might have gave up but do not think that you speak for all of of us.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

awesome job boys!

it was a good warm up for the Montreal game.

hear there's 400 coming. lets be there and represent!

it was great meeting the guys behind the posts.

get your shit together, we have two weeks!

this is just the start.
    Last edited by Belfast_Boy; 10-07-2012 at 12:36 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wore a paper bag over my head the whole game in 108. Not easy with the wind, I'll tell ya. A few people came over and asked if they could have their picture taken - I said sure. But the most interesting observation was how many people asked me if I had any more paper bags. About 8 or 9 people asked, in fact. This got me thinking. I should have brought more. I think that this warrants furhter consideration. I don't mind buying and preparing 20 or 30 paper bags for distribution to random fans who ask for them. Imagine what that might look like a few more did the same for our last game.
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DOMIN8R View Post
    I wore a paper bag over my head the whole game in 108. Not easy with the wind, I'll tell ya. A few people came over and asked if they could have their picture taken - I said sure. But the most interesting observation was how many people asked me if I had any more paper bags. About 8 or 9 people asked, in fact. This got me thinking. I should have brought more. I think that this warrants furhter consideration. I don't mind buying and preparing 20 or 30 paper bags for distribution to random fans who ask for them. Imagine what that might look like a few more did the same for our last game.
    THIS IS SOMETHING WE SHOULD DEFINITELY CONSIDER OF DOING IT.

Having extra bags for fans they want to do it,regardless if they are members or not,is good idea.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was great too see how many people contributed. But we can do even better for the Montreal game.
    If they are going to have 400 people there our protest must outdo their support!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nestease View Post
    Fixed!
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Great job guys! Looking forward to the 20th to be a part of it - wasn't in Toronto for the match yesterday, unfortunately.

Couple of ideas I have for my paper bag or two stick:

'Please Joey Saputo, buy our club!'

'MLSE + TFC FO = ORGANIZATIONAL FAILURE'

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That Anselmi picture is going to come back over the next few years to be used by Leafs fans.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The banners and bags were all great.
    Not so much the turnout at Gate 4 post game, mabey a dozen of us, which is not very effective in trying to make a statement.
    For the last game this message and supporter turnout must be greater.
    I also heard yesteday the Le Shitpack travelling support is going to be huge, they want to hit us when were down.
    Let's not let that happen.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Torontotonto View Post
    Not so much the turnout at Gate 4 post game, mabey a dozen of us, which is not very effective in trying to make a statement.
    I also heard yesteday the Le Shitpack travelling support is going to be huge, they want to hit us when were down.
    Someone suggested to make a banner,"this is all what is left" in case we have 10-15 people.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

our mini prorest did at least get some press from an unlikely source-Larsson
    http://www.torontosun.com/2012/10/06...-winless-in-12

Of course, my muppet sign was misinterpreted as the players so I have set the record straight in the comments below

All those internet warriors need to step up on the 20th and DO SOMETHING other than type their discontent.

Well done to all who made their statements yesterday.It was noticed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have two weeks to get our shit together! If those goofs are bringing 400 supporters down, we MUST bring it. A huge march would be a good start! Start organizing it with the other groups!
    Last edited by toronto toronto; 10-07-2012 at 10:51 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mariner was asked in the post game press conference whether he saw the signs in the south end.

He looked irritated and said "no, I was watching the game".

LOL

His irritated look tells me that he saw them all quite clearly. Good job guy and gals!

I'll be at the Montreal game with my first and last ever two stick. I'm excited.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    Someone suggested to make a banner,"this is all what is left" in case we have 10-15 people.
    Not sure what you mean by that quote ?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure what you mean by that quote ?
    If you have 20 only people at Gate 4 for protest, banner "we're all that's left" means there are no more fans they give a fcuk about them,no fans no atmosphere,no atmosphere no $$$$ for ML$E.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Belfast_Boy View Post
    awesome job boys!

it was a good warm up for the Montreal game.

hear there's 400 coming. lets be there and represent!

it was great meeting the guys behind the posts.

get your shit together, we have two weeks!

this is just the start.
    well it's nice to see the cream rises to the top,...BBoy.....you are humbly? showing us all how to lead and support...... my hat is off to you and the family banner makers.....my ANGER/apathy at the FO is in dire need of your spirit............I haven't been that much fun to be around nearing game day,...lol
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the wife and I got their just before games end but noone was there...we were cold and with me on call , we had to leave,..esp after the most boring game....I was lucky to take in the game,...and we actually were only there to support the discontented ....it is hard showing support for your team...yet agreeing with everyone who disses the FO.....so schzoid......I mean Montreal SHOULD laugh at our team...I do,...we don't play our academy youth,,,have basically majority subs who hopefully hate our clown coach and are showing it on the field....Mariner possibly is ruining Morgan's,..Henry's,..Stinson's career.... there was so much anger in our section yesterday...one jughead actually assaulted a fan and got away with it.......hopefully you true fans here,....are somehow rewarded........you deserve it......we'll be there for Montreal hopefully there is no misdirected anger...from either side.
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by toronto toronto View Post
    We have two weeks to get our shit together! If those goofs are bringing 400 supporters down, we MUST bring it. A huge march would be a good start! Start organizing it with the other groups!
    Problem is not so much people read this,maybe a 50.
    i did also give my tickets away because I don't like to see enymore crap.
    send a message to the newspaper maybe it help

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Davenport View Post
    I have no idea........

Can another picture say anymore about this man than this one? You got to hand it to Tom, he always knows where the backdoor is.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Masked Man View Post
    Can another picture say anymore about this man than this one? You got to hand it to Tom, he always knows where the backdoor is.

"You men eat your dinner
    Eat your pork and beans
    I eat more chicken
    Than any man ever seen, yeah, yeah

I'm a back door man, wha
    The men don't know
    But the little girl understand

Well, I'm a back door man
    I'm a back door man
    Whoa, baby, I'm a back door man "

Backdoor man works, but I think Tom's a killer:

"There's a killer on the road
    His brain is squirmin' like a toad
    Take a long holiday
    Let your children play
    If ya give this man a ride
    Sweet memory will die
    Killer on the road, yeah"

Anselmi Squirmin' brain process: "Let's see who I have lined up in front of the bus: Mariner, then Rongen, then Brennan, then Cochrane, then Danny, then ???? ... shit I better get busy - I only have 5 fall guys lined up - I usually have 7 or 8...."
    Last edited by tiberius; 10-07-2012 at 07:22 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    well it's nice to see the cream rises to the top,...BBoy.....you are humbly? showing us all how to lead and support...... my hat is off to you and the family banner makers.....my ANGER/apathy at the FO is in dire need of your spirit............I haven't been that much fun to be around nearing game day,...lol

thanks Derek. I tried to yell over to you but you didn't hear me.
    humbly? nah, i'm not that humble..... lol.
    somebody has to do it. too bad we aren't getting any support from people or groups that should be behind it. maybe they will wake up soon.
    it's difficult explaining proper support when the people you are talking to don't get it. but in their defense some have only been watching football for a short time and don't know any better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't weighed in on the 'aftermath' yet. And maybe now is not the time. So more later probably, but...

I am pretty bitterly disappointed with the turn out at Gate 4. So many people (Internet warriors?) had so much to say and so few turned out to back up their words.

I am also disappointed in the TFC reaction to our movement. They snuck out basically.

On the upside:

- TFC seemed genuinely afraid of this movement. The security at the pre-match gates was tight. The security after the match at Gate 4 was heavy.

- I think we showed the 'no-shows' that we are serious and that this can be done. I hope we have more numbers on side and on site for the last game of the season.

Folks: if you are upset show your faces. No revolution was ever won by not showing up.
    Last edited by Yagbod; 10-07-2012 at 11:10 PM.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As far as I can see, Saturday was a success for getting the word out to the public.

I watched the game at a bar in Bancroft with my girlfriend and two others, and surprisingly we ran into two other TFC fans as well. These guys were pretty much the type of casual fans that make up most of the club's fanbase and really had no idea about the protest the group had in store prior to kickoff. Anyway, when the banners and paperbags popped up on the screen, everyone definitely took notice and we ended up chatting for quite a while about how the season has been for us. Obviously, this is only two people we're talking about, but the fact is that the airtime this group got and the write-ups and photos in the papers is undoubtedly getting people talking about the state of this club.

I think the message actually got a great deal of exposure where it matters and the people who put in the time and effort should be applauded for their work.
    Last edited by Cashcleaner; 10-08-2012 at 02:15 AM.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think you see few people at the gate because most have already given up at this point. To me, the small turn out is a strong message, particularly for the FO that wants to reignite the passion.

I can tell you that the story which featured Phil that we ran on Waking the Red (http://www.wakingthered.com/2012/10/...us-proud-again ) attracted views into the thousands with hits coming from all over, including Portland and BC. Retweets and Facebook likes were strong and each message I received either via twitter or email was positive and expressed that this call to action represented their views.

I would not be discouraged in the least. I would encourage all of us to ensure that this tag line is front and center in holding all stakeholders accountable.
    Last edited by Pookie; 10-08-2012 at 07:30 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone should start a FB event (Make Us Proud Again) to get things started and the word out there. There should be no reason why we can not get at least a few hundred people to protest/march before the game considering we have two weeks to go!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by toronto toronto View Post
    Someone should start a FB event (Make Us Proud Again) to get things started and the word out there. There should be no reason why we can not get at least a few hundred people to protest/march before the game considering we have two weeks to go!
    Great idea.

https://www.facebook.com/events/2368...context=create
    Last edited by Belfast_Boy; 10-08-2012 at 09:44 AM.