Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    And the rumour has been that Cochrane was already given this position, although we haven't heard an official announcement.

If Tom was the President of TFC, then the position is, I believe, currently vacant (assuming Cochrane doesn't already have it). That's why I think it's fair to ask for it to be filled, as opposed to something looser like soccer boss. In addition to what people have said about North American experience, a real football man, etc, I suggest people say an external candidate to make it clear that Cochrane or someone else inside won't repair the bad trust we have now.
    good point, we want someone external with experience.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whoa.

mark, just happened to see some of the reactions on U-sec board to your good-faith invite. unreal. couple of fuck offs and a suggestion to kill yourself. wtf?

seems they like everything msle feeds them. they are content to watch the grass grow at bmo right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Belfast_Boy View Post
    Stability.
    We need a president to come in and set the direction. He needs to have the power to hire and fire the manager.
    If we fire Mariner, hire the next manager, then a president we are screwed if they don't get along.
    Never said anything about hiring anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by lobo View Post
    whoa.

mark, just happened to see some of the reactions on U-sec board to your good-faith invite. unreal. couple of fuck offs and a suggestion to kill yourself. wtf?

seems they like everything msle feeds them. they are content to watch the grass grow at bmo right now.
    To be fair it's really only coming from one person. Regardless that group's stance seems to be that there's nothing to be done but cheer the club, it's all futile, etc. Meanwhile many in that group are also Voyageurs, and many Voyageurs individual efforts over the past 2 years have made a real tangible impact for Canadian Soccer.

Oh well.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ U-Sector was never about protest. They are just about going to games and having fun. If you supported the Lynx for all those years, like they did, you'd understand.

A lot of people here are more activist, which is a good thing. We seem to have forgotten about the "fun" part, however. It was fun that brought most of us together in the first place, it was fun to have a D-1 team of our own. Doing banners, clever chants, was fun.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    To be fair it's really only coming from one person.
    overall disrespectful replies, but yes one person made the suicide suggestion, and at least one other replied with a method to improve it

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    Regardless that group's stance seems to be that there's nothing to be done but cheer the club, it's all futile, etc. Meanwhile many in that group are also Voyageurs, and many Voyageurs individual efforts over the past 2 years have made a real tangible impact for Canadian Soccer.
    Oh well.
    ryan, point taken .... but really that's credit to Voyageurs, not U-sec ... and honestly, do you think malicious posts and attitudes like that would be tolerated on the V's board?

sorry, dont want to divert the thread, wish i hadn't posted about it but I was just shocked at the vitriol ... end

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whoa.

don't let em bug you buddy. not worth the keystokes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The U-Sector forum is nearly irrelevant. There is maybe only 5 regular posters there these days. Its often days before threads are started on TFC news stories, if at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

right, done with it, sorry i brought it up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whoa.

cant find this thread

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    cant find this thread
    http://z15.invisionfree.com/U_Sector...howtopic=16652
    Last edited by Torontotonto; 10-25-2012 at 10:31 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    ^ U-Sector was never about protest. They are just about going to games and having fun. If you supported the Lynx for all those years, like they did, you'd understand.

A lot of people here are more activist, which is a good thing. We seem to have forgotten about the "fun" part, however. It was fun that brought most of us together in the first place, it was fun to have a D-1 team of our own. Doing banners, clever chants, was fun.
    Yep, it used to be fun and it used to be priced at a fun rate as well. Now that everyone has been priced out of the fun, or are just plain pissed off with the sheer ineptitude of the FO, managers and players, it's no longer fun, even if you roll the prices back to year 1.

The TFC excitement is pretty much gone and I personally don't know if I'll ever be as excited as I once was about the team.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they are content to watch the grass grow at bmo right now.
    Well he did post in the thread about the grass growing ...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ha...proves I'm in the right group...with a cowardly lion such as dark metal????..in U-sector.....proving his mentality, ( behind a computer of course)..thanks for the heads up....no reason to ever respect them now..obsoletely zero class........esp since you put yourself out there......not happy
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lets just move on. those of you who know me realize that if i was bothered by it I'd find them and have a one on one. if I do it's a personal matter.

we have more important things to do.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lets just move on. those of you who know me realize that if i was bothered by it I'd find them and have a one on one. if I do it's a personal matter.

we have more important things to do.
    We did the right thing,it is normal for supporters to react,it not normal by nay standards for supporter groups to be cheerleaders, unfortunately most of U-Sector are,but that's their problem.(would like to have them as costumers)

When team does not perform,fans react Frustrated Arsenal fans turn their fire on board .

Keep pushing for new TFC FO.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it normal for supporters to start attacking each other when there's a problem? I don't see the need for such incivility here (or there). Could we just move on?
    Last edited by nfitz; 10-26-2012 at 07:56 AM. Reason: Your right Oldtimer - I've edited my post to reflect your wisdom!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    Is it normal for supporters groups to start attacking each other when there's a problem? I don't see the need for such incivility here (or there). Could we just move on?
    It's actually not groups who are attacking each other, just a couple of individuals who are not representative at all. Just moving on is exactly what should be done. There's nothing there.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post

When team does not perform,fans react Frustrated Arsenal fans turn their fire on board .
    Frustrated Arsenal fans accused the board on Thursday of “putting profit before performance” after enduring another trophy-less season at the Premier League soccer club and the departure of striker Robin Van Persie.
    That sure sounds familiar. Substitute "TFC" for "Arsenal," "in MLS" for "at the Premier League" and "midfielder Dwyane de Rosario" for "striker Robin Van Persie" and it could be a description of our situation.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dislike (polite words) Arsenal, and I know what you are trying to say here but TFC compared to Arsenal is so far off I can't even make an analogy. Just made me laugh that all...I wish we had the issues that Arsenal fans have.

A very good team year after year but just can't win a cup, pissed off at management because they won't spend to get over that championship hump.

That sure sounds better then...the worst team in the league year after year, pissed off at management because they spend the max money but still can't even be half decent.

LOL
    Last edited by mdc 77; 10-26-2012 at 07:49 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    That sure sounds familiar. Substitute "TFC" for "Arsenal," "in MLS" for "at the Premier League" and "midfielder Dwyane de Rosario" for "striker Robin Van Persie" and it could be a description of our situation.
    I'm sorry, but Arsenal and TFC are nothing alike. There's a big difference between not giving a shit about football, and trying your best to build a competitive football team without going into 7-8 figure debt.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    I'm sorry, but Arsenal and TFC are nothing alike. There's a big difference between not giving a shit about football, and trying your best to build a competitive football team without going into 7-8 figure debt.
    Agreed. The people who are currently in charge of TFC have no clue on how to run a football club.
    It's not like they are making football decisions based on financial or tactical constraints like most other football clubs in the world do.

These bums are making decisions based on...well I don't really know why they do half of what they do. It all seems so random with no thought at all.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ahhh it all makes sense now. When I met Tom I saw one of these on his desk.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    I'm not suggesting that TFC is comparable to that historic club... only that greed has it's drawbacks. Greed has the same bad effects everywhere.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

greed + incompetence = TFC

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you think greed is the issue with TFC? I don't. Its simply an unbelievable level of incompetence.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mdc 77 View Post
    Do you think greed is the issue with TFC? I don't. Its simply an unbelievable level of incompetence.
    I think it's both... unless there is greed, why did the south end season tickets double in a few years, until declining attendance forced them to roll them back?

ML$E is willing to spend money to gain even more money... so cheapness (a charge often falsely levied at ML$E) is not an issue. The academy and springing for DPs shows that. Their spending on the Leafs also shows that. The fact that we see so little results shows what you called an "unbelievable level of incompetence."
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 10-26-2012 at 09:11 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

same here, I think it's both. add the Leafs and Raptors to the equation greed has to be a factor.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

same here, I think it's both. add the Leafs and Raptors to the equation greed has to be a factor.
    At the Town Hall a few years back, Tom pretty much alluded to the fact that they were treating TFC fans as they do with Raptor and Leafs SSH. Basically saying money is no object to the people buying tickets so they can charge whatever they want.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mdc 77 View Post
    Semantically, we could argue that the club's incompetence when it comes to hiring has led to it picking up people whose only selfish concern is self-enrichment, as there's little point advancing to a job you can't do, repeatedly, unless you want the money. It's the Peter Principle of being elevated to one's own level of incompetence, and it's certainly partly greed.

I actually had a boss resign for honourable reasons once. Imagine that nowadays.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    ha...proves I'm in the right group...with a cowardly lion such as dark metal????..in U-sector.....proving his mentality, ( behind a computer of course)..thanks for the heads up....no reason to ever respect them now..obsoletely zero class........esp since you put yourself out there......not happy
    What amazes me about the nasty responses is they are TFC supporters & for the most part like minded people (protesting aside). With support for the team dwindeling, why in the world would you want to be nasty with somone or a group of people that share the same passion as you. The vast majority of people in Toronto don't give a shit about TFC, why would fellow TFC supporters want to shit on each other. Usector (like us) have become much smaller & less involved on game days, you would think they would be reaching out to fellow supporters not making ignorant statements towards them. You would also think that enhancing the game day experience would be the number one goal for all the supporters that are left & actually care enough to post on a message board.

As others have said don't let a couple of ignorant posters on another board bother you.
    RPB Road Warrior. DC United 9/29/07, Columbus Chaos 3/25/08, DC Rumble 5/24/08, Montreal Madness 5/27/08, Chicago 7/12/08, Kansas City Opener 3/21/09, Columbus Smoke 3/28/09, Boston Bus Bounce 8/1/09, Montreal 1000 4/7/12 Montreal 3200 3/16/2013 Columbus Bus Breakdown 3/21/15, Montreal Playoffs 10/29/15, Montreal Opener 04/23/16, Montreal East Final 11/22/16, Chicago 08/19/17, NY Semi-Final 10/30/17, Columbus East Final 11/21/17, Montreal "Dichio Lives" 3/17/18