Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Belfast_Boy View Post
    the link to the protest described everything we planned including Gate 4. the funny thing was that there was a picture of me in the star with the bag on. it was taken at the bottom of 113. not a word was said and nothing was thrown.
    I'm just saying that I thought the reaction was to the in-game protest.

I missed the Star article somehow - normally their coverage after games is non-existent, I don't even bother opening the paper these days - glad to hear that's improving ... I'll have to go pull Sunday's paper out of the Blue bin. I'd assumed that aspect of the protest hadn't happened, given the lack of anything shown on camera, and not hearing any mention of it post-game.

I did hear someone was throwing smoke bombs though. Presumably another outsider who came in the section again. Glad to hear it wasn't coming from Supporters who'd know better!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    I'm just saying that I thought the reaction was to the in-game protest.

I missed the Star article somehow - normally their coverage after games is non-existent, I don't even bother opening the paper these days - glad to hear that's improving ... I'll have to go pull Sunday's paper out of the Blue bin. I'd assumed that aspect of the protest hadn't happened, given the lack of anything shown on camera, and not hearing any mention of it post-game.

I did hear someone was throwing smoke bombs though. Presumably another outsider who came in the section again. Glad to hear it wasn't coming from Supporters who'd know better!
    I think there's a link somewhere in this thread. it's The Star online from the Oct 6 game. not really worth the the trouble of looking.
    the bags didn't really happen on the 20th. much more Oct 6. The Gate 4 protest worked out.
    I know I didn't set off any smoke. when it was discussed amoung the protesters we decided against it.
    that said, the crowd reacted really well to it.
    I honestly can't be arsed to worry about what happened on U Sectors message board. I'm not into internet pissing games. I prefer talking in person.
    If we don't see a change in TFC structure soon or communications about progress I would like to try something else. I will also extend the invitation to U Sector to join in. it will be directed at management and owners perhaps they may be open to that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the bags didn't really happen on the 20th. much more Oct 6. The Gate 4 protest worked out.
    Oh, I saw the photos in the Star from the 6th. Very prominent in the Sport section on Sunday. Kudos on the Gate 4 protest! I think that was the right thing to do - even if I'm prepared to give Mariner the benefit of the doubt (though I have to say, even my doubts are increasing).

I know I didn't set off any smoke. when it was discussed amoung the protesters we decided against it.
    that said, the crowd reacted really well to it.
    They did from what I hear. Which I fear will encourage this in the future. If we could have the smoke without a) a huge overeaction from TFC management and b) the adverse effects to the breathing of some supporters, then that would be a great thing. There's been some suggestion of using lighting at night games ... and even flares would be easier on the lungs ... but

If we don't see a change in TFC structure soon or communications about progress I would like to try something else. I will also extend the invitation to U Sector to join in. it will be directed at management and owners perhaps they may be open to that.
    They might be ... though the sentiment seems to be to give Mariner the winter to sort things out. And I doubt that this has changed, given the increasing evidence that we'd ever be able to find anyone to actually come to Toronto if we fire yet another coach so quickly. Though everyone has their own view on it ...

I don't speak for anyone ... but if we don't have a half-decent start next spring, then I'd be surprised if there wasn't support for some kind of protest other than in the stands.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not a Mariner supporter, but I think firing him now would be a bad move.

we need a president of football first. someone with proven league experience that will communicate what the vision of the club is.

IMO that's what we push for.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

we need a president of football first. someone with proven league experience that will communicate what the vision of the club is.

And then that guy can fire Mariner.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree. We need another Mo! Well, not another Mo ...

... I just don't know what to think anymore ...

Quote Originally Posted by TOBOR THE GREAT ! View Post
    LOL.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's like working with an addict. they can be told the same message for years. "you need to quit" they might not actually hear it untill the 42nd time.

Tom Anselmi is getting the same message from 8 different places. KJ and Molinaro had great stories about it right after the price reduction. I think we need to be another voice saying the same thing, hopefully he'll listen to one of us and we'll take all the credit! (insert smily thing that I can't be bothered to look for).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lets clear up a couple of things first.

1. This is not RPB, yes we are using the message board courtesy of the group but the protest is not endorsed.

2. U sector. I'll be kind and say they support according to their beliefs. But there are a couple that I will have a personal chat with when the opportunity presents itself.

I think it's great you have been sending your own messages. If you agree with us why not join in. As many have pointed out numbers make a difference.
    You will have my support. I know that unless we get a football president, we are going to go from one stopgap measure to the next. The predicament that this club finds itself in is inexcusable, we should have been one of the premier franchises in MLS, a place where players wanted to play. A new coach will not change the image of TFC that is out there. We need a new president who can build this team up from the ground. Someone who knows how to do that. I am sure a lot of supporters would give him some time and be patient, as long as we see the foundations for success being put in place.
    There is still hope for the club, we are not a lost cause yet. But that window of opportunity to be a success is closing quickly.
    Anyway, good job with your efforts lad. I appreciate that you listen to those that disagree with you and respond to them with some class. I didnt appreciate saying that I disagreed with someones assessment of the types of supporters out there only to have it rammed down my face that it was all just semantics.
    At the end of the day, we all want to support a successful team.
    SO LETS GET THE MESSAGE ACROSS THAT WE NEED A NEW FOOTBALL PRESIDENT!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    LOL

If those certain other SG cared enough to approach us they'd know. I care little about rumours and gossiping of other groups here.
    They'd know what? That supporters culture in this city is dying a slow death? That it's hanging by a thread? That apathy has taken over? You can't possibly tell me that we are doing just fine for support? Or maybe I'm just deaf and blind?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't see why he can't be fired now. Just don't hire anyone new. Send him a one way ticket to Bermuda for after tonight's match and we're good.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    Don't see why he can't be fired now. Just don't hire anyone new. Send him a one way ticket to Bermuda for after tonight's match and we're good.
    Stability.
    We need a president to come in and set the direction. He needs to have the power to hire and fire the manager.
    If we fire Mariner, hire the next manager, then a president we are screwed if they don't get along.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stability.
    We need a president to come in and set the direction. He needs to have the power to hire and fire the manager.
    If we fire Mariner, hire the next manager, then a present we are screwed if they don't get along.
    Exactly.

Plus decisions shouldn't be made ahead of someone competent making that decision. If they brought in a high quality president with full authority and he decided on his own (against all odds ) to keep Mariner for a season, I'd be OK with that while I wouldn't be happy with Tom Anselmi making that decision. That despite my opinion that Mariner is hopeless as a coach.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Code Red View Post
    They'd know what? That supporters culture in this city is dying a slow death? That it's hanging by a thread? That apathy has taken over? You can't possibly tell me that we are doing just fine for support? Or maybe I'm just deaf and blind?
    Support will always be here. I realize that the diminishing number of people participating makes it frustrating for those who want to see more done. People come and go with results. One can frame it differently by saying its about the overall mood of the club with negativity but it's always been about supporting through thick and thin. How we do that and what makes our supporters culture is up to us all.

I don't see support dying or apathy taking over completely because there will always be people who want to be there. The rest is just egotistical IMO

PM if you want to talk more about it so we don't derail the message of the thread.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Orlando Sports editor Mike Gramajo who covers Orlando City asked Adrian Heath why he did not take the job:

Heath said:

“Toronto offered a good financial deal, but their football isn’t what I wanted,”

https://twitter.com/Voice_Mgramajo/s...18971565187073

This pretty much says it all

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

+1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moralis View Post
    Orlando Sports editor Mike Gramajo who covers Orlando City asked Adrian Heath why he did not take the job:

Heath said:

“Toronto offered a good financial deal, but their football isn’t what I wanted,”

this will sound weird.

I wouldn't want a manager that would jump in now. they know it's screwed and we need direction.

Prez first, manager second.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wondering how there could be some outreach to other season ticket holders who don't come to the supporters boards? I spoke to about 5 or 6 people in my section Saturday who will not renew, not because of the price, but because the direction of the club is so effed. I've had these discussions all throughout the summer. I think there is more potential for people to get on board and mobilized, especially around the need to hire a president. There must be some ways to reach out to them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this will sound weird.

I wouldn't want a manager that would jump in now. they know it's screwed and we need direction.

Prez first, manager second.
    I agree, the president should come in first, but Anselmi could help by cleaning the house just ahead of it, so not to saddle the new president with remnants of the old regime.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by supersaint View Post
    I didnt appreciate saying that I disagreed with someones assessment of the types of supporters out there only to have it rammed down my face that it was all just semantics.
    I'd hardly call it ramming down your face. I did not quote you, although my post did come right after yours. I was meaning to avoid the semantic battle of naming types of supporters. The point that you were challenging was about divides in the group, but your statement focused on the definition of the types of fans. The labels simply don't matter and the definitions of those labels matter even less. My point was to focus on the main point and to try to avoid yet another meaningless discussion of supporter vs fan, hardcore vs casual, etc, etc, zzzzzzzzz. That is just semantics.

I do not think you should have been offended because I was not trying to target you but rather I was targeting that line of discussion (hence I did not quote you), but if you were offended I do apologize.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Wondering how there could be some outreach to other season ticket holders who don't come to the supporters boards? I spoke to about 5 or 6 people in my section Saturday who will not renew, not because of the price, but because the direction of the club is so effed. I've had these discussions all throughout the summer. I think there is more potential for people to get on board and mobilized, especially around the need to hire a president. There must be some ways to reach out to them.

I'm willing to try anything. anyone know how to send smoke signals....... oh, maybe I shouldnt be making jokes about smoke....
    I started the Facebook group and even posted it on the Toronto FC page. I invited U sector and will again when we start Plan B.
    I tried to invice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heath said:

Probably for the best for both Heath and TFC.

But this quote doesn't bode well for the football we are likely to see played at BMO next year.

This whole Heath debacle clearly illustrates that Anselmi still doesn't get it.

It seems that he is trying to weasel his way out of this and still save face.

I suspect he is reluctant to let his decision making powers go with regards to TFC since his record on it's stewardship is clear. His stewardship and management of this club has produced 6 years of futility, back stabbing, and complete debauchery.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't think it was your post Chris, there was another one. hope we are all cool now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I've wondered about this to.

Only real way that I see working is to pound the pavement and hand out mini flyers before games and to people RPB know during matches.

Maybe start an email registry with a blog page or sub forum for these types of people to find their voice as season seat holders with other season seat holders.

Wouldn't it be great if there was a season seat holders union?

This type of union would yield a lot of power.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So hard to tell sometimes...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    I've wondered about this to.

Only real way that I see working is to pound the pavement and hand out mini flyers before games and to people RPB know during matches.

Maybe start an email registry with a blog page or sub forum for these types of people to find their voice as season seat holders with other season seat holders.

Wouldn't it be great if there was a season seat holders union?

This type of union would yield a lot of power.
    There are a lot of people who give a shit, and they're not just in the south end. Having the facebook page is a good start - somewhere to drive people to for information. Need to really brainstorm how to reach them.

Fuck, wouldn't it be great to get Drew Carey to come to Toronto to speak about the Seattle supporters voting on whether to keep their GM? That would make a splash.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

now we're getting somewhere. this is the kind of unity I've been talking about all along.

I need my Che avatar back!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Video of Adrian Heath discussing his reasons to stay at Orlando City:

http://www.wftv.com/videos/news/adri...do-city/vgRNK/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Video of Adrian Heath discussing his reasons to stay at Orlando City:

http://www.wftv.com/videos/news/adri...do-city/vgRNK/

Wow.

Saying that he likes to make all the decisions regarding the operation.

Subtly saying that that was an obstacle to signing with TFC?

I think he sees TFC as a cluster fuck and that their are WAYYYY TOOOOOOO many chefs in the TFC kitchen and no structural accountability from anyone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yagbod View Post
    I'd hardly call it ramming down your face. I did not quote you, although my post did come right after yours. I was meaning to avoid the semantic battle of naming types of supporters. The point that you were challenging was about divides in the group, but your statement focused on the definition of the types of fans. The labels simply don't matter and the definitions of those labels matter even less. My point was to focus on the main point and to try to avoid yet another meaningless discussion of supporter vs fan, hardcore vs casual, etc, etc, zzzzzzzzz. That is just semantics.

I do not think you should have been offended because I was not trying to target you but rather I was targeting that line of discussion (hence I did not quote you), but if you were offended I do apologize.
    Cheers. On the same side here, I think. You are right, we should not waste too much time compartmentalizing support. Some of us care more than others. I applaud the efforts of others in letting the FO know about our level of frustration with the current situation.