Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    I think I can say this for myself too.
    yup, me too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    Thing is, this group represents a diverse view on support.
    There are a number of different groups within this group.
    I'm going to offend people with this post, but I don't know how else to phrase it.

But this group can more of less be divided into:

Hardcore: Likes flares, smoke and general "chaos" style support. Sing when winning, protest when loosing.
    Cheerleaders: Cheer no matter what happens on the pitch.
    Indifferents: Go with the flow and will see both side of each of the group aboves motives without committing to one or the other. Just there to watch Football and be part of a supporters group.
    Totally disagree with this assessment. I am a hardcore football supporter, and have been all of my life, I go to BMO to ideally see good football, I do not stand, I do not cause or care about chaos, but I am as passionate and knowledgeable about the game as anyone on these boards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

'Hardcore' means this! 'Hardcore' means that! Semantic bullshit. Look at his point, not his phraseology.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by supersaint View Post
    Totally disagree with this assessment. I am a hardcore football supporter, and have been all of my life, I go to BMO to ideally see good football, I do not stand, I do not cause or care about chaos, but I am as passionate and knowledgeable about the game as anyone on these boards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yagbod View Post
    'Hardcore' means this! 'Hardcore' means that! Semantic bullshit. Look at his point, not his phraseology.

Thank you Yagbod.
    This is just a general description and label of each group, the point is to show how different groups with their own needs make up the RPB. Getting people to agree on everything will not happen.

I don't think this group has any "casuals" here. You can change the labels however you would like, but the descriptions generally stay the same
    In terms of this board, I would label you an indifferent as your description basically says what I described. If you want to be called hardcore, it's just a simple switch of the title, but the group of people and what they generally stand for remains the same. here, watch this:

Shit disturbers: Likes flares, smoke and general "chaos" style support. Sing when winning, protest when loosing.
    Friends to all players: Cheer no matter what happens on the pitch.
    Hardcore Football Yardie: Go with the flow and will see both side of each of the group aboves motives without committing to one or the other. Just there to watch Football and be part of a supporters group.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you Yagbod.
    This is just a general description and label of each group, the point is to show how different groups with their own needs make up the RPB. Getting people to agree on everything will not happen.

I don't think this group has any "casuals" here. You can change the labels however you would like, but the descriptions generally stay the same
    In terms of this board, I would label you an indifferent as your description basically says what I described. If you want to be called hardcore, it's just a simple switch of the title, but the group of people and what they generally stand for remains the same. here, watch this:

Shit disturbers: Likes flares, smoke and general "chaos" style support. Sing when winning, protest when loosing.
    Friends to all players: Cheer no matter what happens on the pitch.Hardcore Football Yardie: Go with the flow and will see both side of each of the group aboves motives without committing to one or the other. Just there to watch Football and be part of a supporters group.

Ohhh I like that! maybe I'll put that on the back of my free jersey.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Belfast_Boy View Post
    lol

Shit Disturber

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we did a decent job over the last month. we got media attention and a meeting with Tom.
    Now that the season is over I think we should give them time for the review and to move into action. If that doesn't happen by the beginning of December Plan B kicks in. The season will start soon enough and we still need direction.
    I propose that we start with letters and emails to Tom and the board.
    Last edited by Belfast_Boy; 10-23-2012 at 11:00 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we did a decent job over the last month. we got media attention and a meeting with Tom.
    Now that the season is over I think we should give them time for the review and to move into action. If that doesn't happen by the beginning of December Plan B kicks in. The season will start soon enought and we still need direction.
    The season seat renewal deadline is November 23. I think we need to see some movement by then. Some, like myself, will not be renewing unless TFC addresses the president vacancy and the head coach.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    The season seat renewal deadline is November 23. I think we need to see some movement by then. Some, like myself, will not be renewing unless TFC addresses the president vacancy and the head coach.
    I thought about that. the problem is they are having the best renewals to date. I'd like Tom to come out and say we are looking for a director of football. but I'd also like my hair to be it's original colour and that ain't happening.
    do you propose we push earlier? I'd like to hear from everyone what a reasonable amount of time to wait before we start.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought about that. the problem is they are having the best renewals to date. I'd like Tom to come out and say we are looking for a director of football. but I'd also like my hair to be it's original colour and that ain't happening.
    do you propose we push earlier? I'd like to hear from everyone what a reasonable amount of time to wait before we start.
    I would be curious to know the breakdown of how the renewal is going. My guess is it's doing well in the supporters sections, not well in the reds and dark greys. I spoke to a lot of people informally at the Montreal game in section 121 who aren't renewing because they can't see the team progressing in any way. Price doesn't really matter. They want to see some indication the team is moving forward (ie. PM being fired, and a decent head coach brought in). Anyway, I understand that's not necessarily your constituency. And yeah, you want to give them adequate time to respond. Anyway, that date is something to keep in mind, as I think there are a number of people like me who won't renew without some movement on the coach hand president.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I would be curious to know the breakdown of how the renewal is going. My guess is it's doing well in the supporters sections, not well in the reds and dark greys. I spoke to a lot of people informally at the Montreal game in section 121 who aren't renewing because they can't see the team progressing in any way. Price doesn't really matter. They want to see some indication the team is moving forward (ie. PM being fired, and a decent head coach brought in). Anyway, I understand that's not necessarily your constituency. And yeah, you want to give them adequate time to respond. Anyway, that date is something to keep in mind, as I think there are a number of people like me who won't renew without some movement on the coach hand president.
    thanks for that. It gave me something more to think about. maybe we should do something before that deadline. it's a short time but MLSE could at least come out and say what the plan is.
    Last edited by Belfast_Boy; 10-23-2012 at 11:31 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you Yagbod.

Hardcore Football Yardie: Go with the flow and will see both side of each of the group aboves motives without committing to one or the other. Just there to watch Football and be part of a supporters group.
    that's twice this this week i'm called a shit disturber (looking at you mark) ... i'm ok with it

i know jabbronies is making generalized references for the sake of the discussion, but honestly i could fit into all 3 of those cats, yes i'm that flexible .... but, i'm not protesting now just because we are losing, and i'm not doing it to create chaos. losing is just a symptom of the management dysfunction so i want to disturb that shit ... we could be losing for other reasons which would not elicit the same response from many of us.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lobo View Post
    that's twice this this week i'm called a shit disturber (looking at you mark) ... i'm ok with it

i know jabbronies is making generalized references for the sake of the discussion, but honestly i could fit into all 3 of those cats, yes i'm that flexible .... but, i'm not protesting now just because we are losing, and i'm not doing it to create chaos. losing is just a symptom of the management dysfunction so i want to disturb that shit ... we could be losing for other reasons which would not elicit the same response from many of us.
    Again, I think you would fall into that 3rd category. You may side with one group this time around, but down the road you may side with the other group and just have fun and sing it out...Again, very general groups, but shows how different and diverse the group is . The point I was making was in response to the fact this group is "Divided" on most issues. which I don't think is a bad thing, but that is just my Hardcore Yardie indifference opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ no, you can't label me! ... wait, i prefer shit disturber, thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default reflections on sending our message over last two home games ...

first and foremost:
    to belfast boy, cityboy, yagbod, nascar, leeds, furtado, wull, code red, prizby, parkdale, glenM, craiger, red thunder, the unidentified paper bag heads, and any others i may have missed here, including those participating in this thread, alonso, waggy, oldtimer, torontotonto, jazzy, denime (i assume you were all there somewhere, and apologies to anyone i missed) ... it was my honour to stand with each of you, and a pleasure to meet many of you; i truly enjoyed the camaraderie of our group ... huge respect to all.

special mention to london, wowza, and fort york redcoat for their input re my two-stick banner.

we laid a foundation on Oct 6, especially with paper bags and in-game banners, and our little gate 4 demonstration. it generated attention and was followed by several significant media pieces, particularly from ben knight and john molinaro, and even led to a personal meeting with Anslemi for Mark.

this past saturday was not the same sombre in-game atmosphere, it had bit more positive mood to it, a happy-to-end-the-season kinda thing ... i loved the smoke, that changed the atmosphere in south end, and you know, that's just another message being sent as far as i'm concerned .. there is still passion and pride amongst us. personally, i was satisfied knowing that anyone in the press boxes or in the MLSE suite who looked directly across the stadium to the downtown skyline could not avoid seeing my banner at the top of 110.

post game as i'm walking over to gate 4, i stopped for a smoke and a group of guys passed by and i overheard them saying they were going to gate 4, wanted to have their say, and that made me smile ... but then 2 more groups passed by saying the same thing, loved it ... and i suspect they were part of the sizeable crowd who gathered behind us and amongst us, supporting the message, singing songs and protest chants, signing the have-your-say banner. yeah, some can say there was only couple dozen of us, but honestly it was a massive difference from 2 weeks ago. and while it may only have been 2 dozen of us holding banners and banging the drums, there were several more dozen surrounding us, some had our backs and joined us, some parked in front. code red and i were standing on the base of the flag poles with an elevated view, and i must say it looked good all around. i was impressed at the spectacle that just 2 dozen of us could pull off. very proud of all of you who joined and supported in sending our message. again, it led to more media and blog mentions, and a radio interview for mark.

anybody who wants to judge us, or criticize our actions, can kiss my ass. seems a lot of our critics are simply troubled by dissent of any sort.

we made our point, it was noticed, it gathered a crowd, plenty of media and team reps inside and around gate 4 noticed and acknowledged us, and we can be proud of that, but we cannot rest here. the key message that tfc needs new management structure and a new soccer boss has been heard, and has generally been well received. we've generated affinity support from Leafs fans and blogs. i don't know how MLSE can ignore it, but they do so at the peril of our club and their business.

i arrived in good spirits this past saturday, was let down by another pitiful performance on the pitch, but then lifted up again by the solidarity of our little group with huge hearts and passion for our football club. we did not create chaos, and we were not negative, but we were witty and colourful. let's just hope our message influences MLSE and leads to change, so we don't have to continue this ... but if nothing changes, I am ready to carry the torch again.

finally - Mark, you are a leader of men, and a new friend of mine ... i will stand with you ANY time.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks Rob! nicely put. right back at ya! .... shit disturbers unite!

we are just a bunch of guys that stood together and said we will not abide this shit!

I love the torch analogy. it's lit and will continue to burn. I feel this is a good start. but it's not over and I hope we all stick together in the coming weeks and months.

to the young bloods. you know who you are. I gotta say I love what you brought, your energy was infectious. don't let the apathy of some members get to you. this is a great group that we belong to. if you doubt it look at the evidence of our thread. it's continued, wasn't edited or shut down. (secretly I think some of them like what we are doing).

to the RBP exec's, take note of the young guys, they are the future of this group.

like I said ealier, they have a bit of time. then we start again.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look at that, you throw a grenade and say this group is divided and that collectively they dont stand for much.......... and result- they start standing up for eachother and actually find out they all really want the same thing.....SAVING FOOTBALL IN THIS CITY I guess my job here is done.

Sincerely for those of us that dont belong to a group we really appreciate your efforts, knowing the end goal is the same. We all want to buy in and if your efforts help turn this shit show around then i will be thankfull.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now that the season is over I think we should give them time for the review and to move into action. If that doesn't happen by the beginning of December Plan B kicks in. The season will start soon enough and we still need direction.
    I'm sure many of us spend large amounts of money monthly with Bell or Rogers. I'm wondering if there is anything to leverage there?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gomesv View Post
    Look at that, you throw a grenade and s
    ay this group is divided and that collectively they dont stand for much.......... and result- they start standing up for eachother and actually find out they all really want the same thing.....SAVING FOOTBALL IN THIS CITY I guess my job here is done.

Sincerely for those of us that dont belong to a group we really appreciate your efforts, knowing the end goal is the same. We all want to buy in and if your efforts help turn this shit show around then i will be thankfull.
    Then join in. It's easy to say you want the same thing. Why not take action?. This isn't about one group. It's about being part of the solution.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    I'm sure many of us spend large amounts of money monthly with Bell or Rogers. I'm wondering if there is anything to leverage there?
    Great idea. Maybe when we contact the board.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you Yagbod.

Ok so I am a hardcore football yardie, but I sure as hell dont agree with the cheer no matter what happens on the pitch group. I appreciate the protest that RPB has been instigating. I have protested in my own way, writing pointed emails to PB explaining my exasperation with PM, for whatever that is worth, but what the hell, all we can do is let our feelings be known. I am in dark greys and I was def not gonna renew but the price reduction has me giving it one last season to see what happens, ironically I am enjoying MLS more and more, the coverage on tv is good and dammit there are some very entertaining games out there. I was a bit dismayed at the way USECTOR seems to ridicule your protests and snubbed the Belfast Boy when he offered that they join in.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok so I am a hardcore football yardie, but I sure as hell dont agree with the cheer no matter what happens on the pitch group. I appreciate the protest that RPB has been instigating. I have protested in my own way, writing pointed emails to PB explaining my exasperation with PM, for whatever that is worth, but what the hell, all we can do is let our feelings be known. I am in dark greys and I was def not gonna renew but the price reduction has me giving it one last season to see what happens, ironically I am enjoying MLS more and more, the coverage on tv is good and dammit there are some very entertaining games out there. I was a bit dismayed at the way USECTOR seems to ridicule your protests and snubbed the Belfast Boy when he offered that they join in.
    Lets clear up a couple of things first.

1. This is not RPB, yes we are using the message board courtesy of the group but the protest is not endorsed.

2. U sector. I'll be kind and say they support according to their beliefs. But there are a couple that I will have a personal chat with when the opportunity presents itself.

I think it's great you have been sending your own messages. If you agree with us why not join in. As many have pointed out numbers make a difference.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lobo View Post
    first and foremost:
    to belfast boy, cityboy, yagbod, nascar, leeds, furtado, wull, code red, prizby, parkdale, glenM, craiger, red thunder, the unidentified paper bag heads, and any others i may have missed here, including those participating in this thread, alonso, waggy, oldtimer, torontotonto, jazzy, denime (i assume you were all there somewhere, and apologies to anyone i missed) ... it was my honour to stand with each of you, and a pleasure to meet many of you; i truly enjoyed the camaraderie of our group ... huge respect to all.

special mention to london, wowza, and fort york redcoat for their input re my two-stick banner.

we laid a foundation on Oct 6, especially with paper bags and in-game banners, and our little gate 4 demonstration. it generated attention and was followed by several significant media pieces, particularly from ben knight and john molinaro, and even led to a personal meeting with Anslemi for Mark.

this past saturday was not the same sombre in-game atmosphere, it had bit more positive mood to it, a happy-to-end-the-season kinda thing ... i loved the smoke, that changed the atmosphere in south end, and you know, that's just another message being sent as far as i'm concerned .. there is still passion and pride amongst us. personally, i was satisfied knowing that anyone in the press boxes or in the MLSE suite who looked directly across the stadium to the downtown skyline could not avoid seeing my banner at the top of 110.

post game as i'm walking over to gate 4, i stopped for a smoke and a group of guys passed by and i overheard them saying they were going to gate 4, wanted to have their say, and that made me smile ... but then 2 more groups passed by saying the same thing, loved it ... and i suspect they were part of the sizeable crowd who gathered behind us and amongst us, supporting the message, singing songs and protest chants, signing the have-your-say banner. yeah, some can say there was only couple dozen of us, but honestly it was a massive difference from 2 weeks ago. and while it may only have been 2 dozen of us holding banners and banging the drums, there were several more dozen surrounding us, some had our backs and joined us, some parked in front. code red and i were standing on the base of the flag poles with an elevated view, and i must say it looked good all around. i was impressed at the spectacle that just 2 dozen of us could pull off. very proud of all of you who joined and supported in sending our message. again, it led to more media and blog mentions, and a radio interview for mark.

anybody who wants to judge us, or criticize our actions, can kiss my ass. seems a lot of our critics are simply troubled by dissent of any sort.

we made our point, it was noticed, it gathered a crowd, plenty of media and team reps inside and around gate 4 noticed and acknowledged us, and we can be proud of that, but we cannot rest here. the key message that tfc needs new management structure and a new soccer boss has been heard, and has generally been well received. we've generated affinity support from Leafs fans and blogs. i don't know how MLSE can ignore it, but they do so at the peril of our club and their business.

i arrived in good spirits this past saturday, was let down by another pitiful performance on the pitch, but then lifted up again by the solidarity of our little group with huge hearts and passion for our football club. we did not create chaos, and we were not negative, but we were witty and colourful. let's just hope our message influences MLSE and leads to change, so we don't have to continue this ... but if nothing changes, I am ready to carry the torch again.

finally - Mark, you are a leader of men, and a new friend of mine ... i will stand with you ANY time.
    Great thoughts, mate.Enjoyed chatting with you the past couple of matches.
    Cheers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks Rob! nicely put. right back at ya! .... shit disturbers unite!

we are just a bunch of guys that stood together and said we will not abide this shit!

I love the torch analogy. it's lit and will continue to burn. I feel this is a good start. but it's not over and I hope we all stick together in the coming weeks and months.

to the young bloods. you know who you are. I gotta say I love what you brought, your energy was infectious. don't let the apathy of some members get to you. this is a great group that we belong to. if you doubt it look at the evidence of our thread. it's continued, wasn't edited or shut down. (secretly I think some of them like what we are doing).

to the RBP exec's, take note of the young guys, they are the future of this group.

like I said ealier, they have a bit of time. then we start again.
    re the young bloods...I was dead chuffed when during a lull in the protest at gate 4, my 12 y-o Sean (who has been to most home games since he was 8) re-started up the "all we want is a winning football team" chant, which promptly started up again with the drum and the rest of us.

As a veteran of protesting club direction at MCFC in the 80s ( and kicked out by the cops for doing so), it was a true Father/Son moment!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you Yagbod.

I'll make the clearest division of all.... There are two groups of people. Group A, the people who get shit done, and Group B the people who stand around and do nothing. They both make up the crowd. There is nothing wrong with either group. Not everyone can be a leader and not everyone has the time to to be a part of group a. And not everyone in group A is a crazy Pyro loving animal. But when projects need to be done they are there to help out without any hesitation. Right now there is way too many of group b and why Montreal embarrassed us in our own stadium, until the chaos around the 65th minute.

I think Belfast has done his best given the situation and lack of support by any group. I applaud Mark for his initiative and that is why I have assisted where I can. I would have much preferred an effort with a bit more backing than just a handful of individuals and I think that would have had an even bigger effect. But it was good for what it was.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AL-MO View Post
    I'll make the clearest division of all.... There are two groups of people. Group A, the people who get shit done, and Group B the people who stand around and do nothing. They both make up the crowd. There is nothing wrong with either group. Not everyone can be a leader and not everyone has the time to to be a part of group a. And not everyone in group A is a crazy Pyro loving animal. But when projects need to be done they are there to help out without any hesitation. Right now there is way too many of group b and why Montreal embarrassed us in our own stadium, until the chaos around the 65th minute.

I think Belfast has done his best given the situation and lack of support by any group. I applaud Mark for his initiative and that is why I have assisted where I can. I would have much preferred an effort with a bit more backing than just a handful of individuals and I think that would have had an even bigger effect. But it was good for what it was.
    Very well put, AL-MO. Well said and agreed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the vote of confidence guys. it's a great ego boost to hear the compliments. but this isn't about me. we have an objective and need to stay focused. this is about coming together as supporters. I don't care about the dividing factors in the group or groups.

during the whole thing I got advise from a lot of people. some might not want to be linked with this so I'll just say thanks and leave it at that.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Cityboy View Post
    As a veteran of protesting club direction at MCFC in the 80s ( and kicked out by the cops for doing so), it was a true Father/Son moment!
    Who knows - maybe around 2035, an oil-sheikh might even take an interest in buying our club!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was a bit dismayed at the way USECTOR seems to ridicule your protests and snubbed the Belfast Boy when he offered that they join in.
    The offer seemed to be more about wearing paper bags during the final game, than a protest outside Gate 4. Ironically the paper bag thing didn't appear to happen as far as I saw on TV (I was out of town). It was the idea of protesting during game play, particularly with so much travelling Montreal support that I think got a reaction, rather than the Gate 4 protest, which seems a better way of tackling the issue.

But I don't speak for either group ...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    The offer seemed to be more about wearing paper bags during the final game, than a protest outside Gate 4. Ironically the paper bag thing didn't appear to happen as far as I saw on TV (I was out of town). It was the idea of protesting during game play, particularly with so much travelling Montreal support that I think got a reaction, rather than the Gate 4 protest, which seems a better way of tackling the issue.

But I don't speak for either group ...
    the link to the protest described everything we planned including Gate 4. the funny thing was that there was a picture of me in the star with the bag on. it was taken at the bottom of 113. not a word was said and nothing was thrown.