Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    Seriously people - What's the point of crashing a party that has 500 people not interested in your cause ?
    Do you really think that's the best way to rally support?

Too many messages, not enough focus.
    we're not crashing the party. at best there'll be a handful of banners across the street if we go. there are very limited opportunities available to get MLSE's attention left. this is one.
    we aren't Leaf fans, we aren't girlscouts, this is football.
    if you look at how football fans around the world show their passion this is pretty tame.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'd be surprised if 50 people bothered to show up honestly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcleeds View Post
    I'd be surprised if 50 people bothered to show up honestly.
    They have a few hundred...

Sponsors, rights holders, staff, families, and then the fans who do show...

They're smart enough to pad it with people if need be - to avoid it being empty...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sponsors? you just said the magic word!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Belfast_Boy View Post
    Sponsors? you just said the magic word!
    At these events, there will always be sponsor representation...

Have at it!
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McCartney View Post
    They have a few hundred... Sponsors, rights holders, staff, families, and then the fans who do show... They're smart enough to pad it with people if need be - to avoid it being empty...
    I meant 50 actual fans/SSHs. Of course, even if nobody showed up, the MLSE brass, sponsors, etc. could still have their self-congratulatory circle-jerk.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CommradePolski View Post
    For the 20th. I will be dressing up as Mariner and doing my best impression of him from the stands in 116. Shorts et all. That will be my protest. Just to show how ridiculous some of the things hes said sound.
    that should be fun to watch Mariner is a fucking clown

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

meeting Tom either Thursday or Friday this week.
    I'm going to push a dedicated director of football. any input?
    telling him to do the impossible isn't an option. constructive valid points please.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I noticed that Leaf's blog Pension Plan Puppets used the paper bag photo this weekend.

http://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/fr...ght-in-toronto

It had nothing to do with the article, but still cool to see.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

telling him to do the impossible isn't an option. constructive valid points please.
    Good point about the 'TFC President' that we've all been waiting for.

I'd ask him about the 2010 townhalls. During that set of townhalls he claimed that TFC would have one of the best front offices in MLS. Does he really believe Paul Mariner as head coach and Earl Cochrane as GM fits that billing?

I'd also ask him why we should believe him if he says this time they will really get it right. That's what they told us before already. Nobody is buying it anymore.

Edit: And 'sports is cyclical' is not a valid answer.

And if he says that they don't have the infrastructure that other expansions teams had, challenge him on that premise. Philadelphia and San Jose were also recent expansion teams that started from scratch. Plus what are they doing to improve it than? Where are the front office signings? Or is it just Mariner + Cochrane flying by the seats of their pants (or I guess shorts in Mariner's case).
    Last edited by narduch; 10-15-2012 at 01:35 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is great news. Well done sir!

It might be worth reminding him that while there is a cap on player salaries, there is no cap on FO and coaching salaries. They must save a mint because of the salary cap, so how about spending it on management and scouting? It is the least they can do at this point.

Not exactly an original idea, but all I got for now. I'll keep thunking on it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ask him why he's rewarded mediocrity. Contract issues have been abundant in Earl's time there and his handling of the DeRo and Plata issues was laughable regardless of who was ultimately at fault, Paul did either nothing at all or very badly at being head of player development under Aron depending on what's to be believed yet was rewarded witha raise and 3 year extension.

Ask why he and Klinsmann set forth the 4-3-3 only to allow it to be washed away under Paul instead of bringing in an MLS coach capable of working within that vision.

Ask him if he thinks these are the right guys then why, allegedly, is there a one season ultimatum over their heads. Regardless of who fills the roles that's forcing them to think short-term instead of long term and can only hurt us going forward.

Ask him why he ultimately thinks the fans are either leaving or have gone quiet. If he says the lack of winning please correct him in this thinking on that matter. I just don't think they ultimately get why we've ran out of patience. If they did, they wouldn't have allegedly told them playoffs or gone

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You should have a presentation or structure of some sort:
    You should go in with examples of proper football structure from teams around the globe. So he sees how TFC's system isn't as robust as the successful teams out there.

What are you looking for as an outcome to this meeting?
    What's the purpose?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd like to ask TA if he had looked at Peter Wilt as a possible TFC president replacement. I think if we could land him, then at least we would be on the right track that he would make proper decisions on the club's future. And you could sell the PR angle that he is seen as an executive that's loved by supporters and fan groups, helping to repair our tattered fan-base.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    You should have a presentation or structure of some sort:
    You should go in with examples of proper football structure from teams around the globe. So he sees how TFC's system isn't as robust as the successful teams out there.

What are you looking for as an outcome to this meeting?
    What's the purpose?
    butter for everyone!
    kidding. I've PM'd you.
    depends on them. if this is lipservice then there will be no outcome. if it's real then you all owe me when we win the cup!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ good luck Mark. hope something good comes of this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want it to be abundantly clear. they know I do not represent the rpbs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what kind of meeting?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here are some things that bug me, in question form:

-- Given the deterioration in relationship between the team and fans, can the team acknowledge it has taken the wrong approach up until now?

-- If the team feels it is on the right track with Paul Mariner and the current front office team, why? What justifies that faith, given that his record is now worse that Winter's was, and he was director of player personnel under Winter. Why are we seeing the same names in the front office when there's been no improvement on the field, and if anything play has deteriorated?

-- What happened to "small tweaks?" What happened to our youth players participating? Is he aware the youth players are playing a different system from the senior team?

-- Why hasn't the team hired anyone with extensive winning experience as a head coach in MLS? Given the failures of promoting assistants (Mo, Cummings, Carver and Mariner were all assistants who flopped out) is there not something to be said for going the proven route?

-- Why hasn't the team hired a president with prior soccer biz experience, ala Lenaduzzi, Hanauer, or Doyle?

-- If he feels the market for experienced MLS coaches is too narrow, why? There are at least a half-dozen former MLS coaches who had winning records but are either not coaching or at a lower level.

-- Given the fragility of players over 30 in a league with lots of travel, why do we have three DPs over 30?

-- Given the necessity of maintaining a positive fan environment, why has their been so little communication between the front office and key supporter groups with respect to these issues?

-- Why should ticket holders accept anything less than a complete rollback to year one prices?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, be careful Mark. They'll probably want to blow smoke up your butt, seeing you as an organizer. Divide and conquer strategy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
    what kind of meeting?
    Fixing this mess. So we can get back to enjoying football. So we can stop wearing paper bags and bring the fans back.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Hey, be careful Mark. They'll probably want to blow smoke up your butt, seeing you as an organizer. Divide and conquer strategy.

Yep. I've always wondered if this is how they deal with the supporters groups in general. I think their worst nightmare is if they all actually got on the same page. Imagine in the groups got a few thousand people organized? It begs the question if FO are keen to this and make different promises to different groups to try and keep them each on their own agendas as to keep them apart.

It's the most basic of strategies yet very effective.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Rollback Prices!

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Here are some things that bug me, in question form:

-- Why should ticket holders accept anything less than a complete rollback to year one prices?
    I agree with the rollback prices proposal. I heard Montreal and Vancouver were lowering their prices for next year?

J&M

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want to know what BDK is doing to improve this team, see him all the time leaving post game and he is on the technical side of things for the Reds.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not going there to talk about prices, supporters sections, chip buttys, beer prices or anything else that's not related to football. Imo there are bigger problems right now. Talking about that crap is like the band playing while The Titanic went down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not going there to talk about prices, supporters sections, chip buttys, beer prices or anything else that's not related to football. Imo there are bigger problems right now. Talking about that crap is like the band playing while The Titanic went down.
    If Anselmi honours the appointment, all credit to him. I also agree with your approach. You are not claiming to represent the SG as that is the Exec's job. You are a devoted supporter who wants answers to why we are still without a football infrastructure in year 6 and worse than we were on the field in 2007.
    The fact that Boris and I were lamenting (at Gossip) not having the likes of Nick Garcia in our back 4 pretty much tells you how bad things are.
    Good luck. Be classy and I look forward to hearing the outcome.
    Cheers!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBlake View Post
    I want to know what BDK is doing to improve this team, see him all the time leaving post game and he is on the technical side of things for the Reds.
    BDK is doing nothing,just collecting his paycheck and waiting for contract to expire.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    Yep. I've always wondered if this is how they deal with the supporters groups in general. I think their worst nightmare is if they all actually got on the same page. Imagine in the groups got a few thousand people organized? It begs the question if FO are keen to this and make different promises to different groups to try and keep them each on their own agendas as to keep them apart.

It's the most basic of strategies yet very effective.
    Light years away from agreeing on stuff.
    The cheerleaders are happy no matter what.
    The angry guys will always be pissed off.
    The Internet warriors will still sit in their moms basements and not show up or contribute anything.
    The football supporters, IMO, are the ones that are standing up now.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

please look at our homeboys....I'd rather watrch and follow our (deserving) academy stars,..over similar yanks etc, and feel....more as a family....I mean we'll lose Henry,..Morgan...etc if we don't give them the time as Maund,..Hall,...Amarikwa?,..etc...I'd rather watch our Canadian fighters grow , they have heart..and determination and identify with US...quite simply I'm deathly afraid of Mariner getting rid of our boys and getting more cast-offs entirley handcapping our future....then it is like the no future Leafs...I mean right now we've lost the most important ingredient in any sports franchise ...HOPE
    Last edited by jazzy; 10-15-2012 at 08:30 PM.
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I simply do not see the problem with being a true diehard supporter ,...how anyone cannot be behind you is ludicrous,....you buy tickets and are truly hopeful of a positive gameday experience....if I was a crafty pres I'd take you very seriously...it can only lead to success for everyone.........we do all want success don't we?...and in that I simply mean a classy, competive, friendly environment taking us all away from everday BS,........which Mr. Mariner has pretty well destroyed for me.
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana