Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Belfast_Boy View Post
    hey guys. just got back. I think it went well. I put our concerns out there. Tom listened and seemed to understand what I was saying. i guess the proof will be if any action is taken.
    he is a successful business man and knows this game much better than I do. that being said i don't think he was bullshitting when he talked about wanting to be competitive. he is obviously a man that likes to win and TFC isn't cutting it now.
    I made it clear that we see no vision for the future and we would like better communication from the team. that we have little or no confidence in FO. he said he understood. again, we wait to see if anything changes.
    What I liked was that there will be a review of all positions at the end of the season. any holes or replacements will be with experienced Noth American soccer people. again we'll see if it happens.
    he comes across as a likeable guy. whether you buy it or not that's an individual choice. meeting the person almost made me feel bad for protesting against him. but it has nothing to do with him personally. this is about the office he holds and how the team has been screwed up.
    he asked what we are doing tomorrow and i told him we'd be there with our banners and paper bags again.
    Nice work. Sounds like you did great!

I've met him once and I agree with your assessment. He wants to win, but doesn't know how. He's hearing the front office stuff loud and clear on all fronts (fans, media, etc). Hopefully we see some change. I'm worried about timelines though. Doing an assessment after the season is done (depending on how big and long that is) seems a bit late to me. They should be putting together a hiring team asap and doing a proper search for a President (and coach is that's the direction), right away. They don't have a lot of time for a thorough assessment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

did he sit there stroking a white cat and threaten to pull the lever to the piranha tank on the floor below?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Cityboy View Post
    did he sit there stroking a white cat and threaten to pull the lever to the piranha tank on the floor below?
    too funny.

if he was your neighbour you could have a couple of beer with him and enjoy his company. but at the end of the day he's still the guy responsible for this mess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't get why they are waiting for the season to end to do an assessment. Its not like a couple wins is going to change anything. Its one of two things when I hear MLSE is waiting until the end of season.
    1) They are keeping their cards close to them and have already long been searching for replacements and new staff. It still sounds insecure and like they are unable to adress the issues if true.
    2) They are really waiting for an assessment which is ridiculous for so many reasons.

I'm confident that after all the blunders they have made in the FO, they can't fix it. The "wait until seasons end" just sounds like a typical MLSE soundbite. I just think that no matter what, they don't get it.

Thanks Belfast for representing during the meeting. I'm sure its not an easy job.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GhostKiller View Post
    I don't get why they are waiting for the season to end to do an assessment. Its not like a couple wins is going to change anything. Its one of two things when I hear MLSE is waiting until the end of season.
    1) They are keeping their cards close to them and have already long been searching for replacements and new staff. It still sounds insecure and like they are unable to adress the issues if true.
    2) They are really waiting for an assessment which is ridiculous for so many reasons.

I'm confident that after all the blunders they have made in the FO, they can't fix it. The "wait until seasons end" just sounds like a typical MLSE soundbite. I just think that no matter what, they don't get it.

Thanks Belfast for representing during the meeting. I'm sure its not an easy job.
    it's been a learnig experience and has taken a lot of time. made me appreciate the people that organize shit!

as for the review, I'm sure it started a long time ago. they will just wait till the end of the season to act or make any changes public. if there is a change and they are poaching talent they have to wait for the season to end for the other party. but that's total speculation. I'll believe when I see it.
    unless we are getting a president then we've been fed the same old story.
    Last edited by Belfast_Boy; 10-19-2012 at 04:42 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lets do this boys and girls! one more day until limp act arrive.
    we have over 50 people saying they'll show on Facebook. lets hope they do.
    see you at Joes and hope the weather is good.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Are paper bags going to be available at Joe's and/or the stadium?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good job Mark.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think what they are assessing is SSH renewals. If they aren't going as well as hoped for Earl and Paul will likely walk the plank.

This is why, if you do plan to renew, it's crucial that you wait until the last possible moment.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Banner completed.

See you all tomorrow!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just finished both Gate 4 banners. One to advertise and one for fans to leave a message on.

See you all tomorrow!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got my

"2011 - New Vision
    2012 - No Vision"

two-stick ready

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Love it boys. Can't wait to see em!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Love it boys. Can't wait to see em!
    Mark, will be at Joe's pre-game, looking forward to it.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll be honest, I'm kind of debated if I should bring the "3 stooges" banner again. I'm unhappy, but with Mariner's father passing recently, I don't know if its a "class" move to do atm. Considering the banner is a personal attack.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff s View Post
    I'll be honest, I'm kind of debated if I should bring the "3 stooges" banner again. I'm unhappy, but with Mariner's father passing recently, I don't know if its a "class" move to do atm. Considering the banner is a personal attack.
    it has nothing to do with his dad. at the end of the day it up to you. i say bring it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcleeds View Post
    Are paper bags going to be available at Joe's and/or the stadium?
    yes be at Joes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    Got my

"2011 - New Vision
    2012 - No Vision"

two-stick ready
    Hey Oh! me too, same .... double trouble, but i'll have mine top of 110

i'm sure yours looks better than my rough 1st ever two stick, which i just finished (5 am!), paint all over my kitchen lol

shit, see ya all in few hours

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff s View Post
    He's still a stooge and an unfit leader. Personal stuff shouldn't get in the way of how well he does his job, so it shouldn't get in the way of criticizing how bad of a job he's done

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

it's been a learnig experience and has taken a lot of time. made me appreciate the people that organize shit!

as for the review, I'm sure it started a long time ago. they will just wait till the end of the season to act or make any changes public. if there is a change and they are poaching talent they have to wait for the season to end for the other party. but that's total speculation. I'll believe when I see it.
    unless we are getting a president then we've been fed the same old story.
    NYRB didn't wait to make their change with Soler. When you know, you know. Just saying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    He's still a stooge and an unfit leader. Personal stuff shouldn't get in the way of how well he does his job, so it shouldn't get in the way of criticizing how bad of a job he's done
    yeah i say bring

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Anselmi's a good guy.

Probably true.

The problem with talking to (or about) Anselmi is, he's not the guy you are actually complaining about.

Complaining about Anselmi is exactly the same as complaining about Andrew Wiedemann. Maybe worse, because if Anselmi were gone, what's to say the Board wouldn't find someone who would be equally unqualified.

It's the people who hired him, and continue to allow him to run the team - especially the holdovers, Larry Tanenbaum and Dale Lastman - who are directly to blame, and who should start seeing their names associated with the protests.

Every time we complain about Anselmi, he earns points from his bosses, for keeping their names out of it!
    Last edited by ensco; 10-20-2012 at 07:45 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ensco make a good point.

My sincere belief is that (1) Tom isn't going anywhere and (2) he doesn't understand footie. With those two facts in mind, trying to convince him to make better decisions regarding the footie management under him is pointless. However, I suspect he has an appetite to change the org structure so that he isn't on the firing line when teams perform poorly. This can be accomplished by adding a new layer between him and the coaching staff. Essentially, adding a knowledgeable Pres/Director/GM of soccer operations with a proven pedigree removes him from strategic decision making and provides a fall guy. So, to summarize, I think the key message should be to encourage him to add a layer of management and $pend big to get it. Otherwise, no one worth their salt will come to this palliative care clinic.

I leave this for your consideration.
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    I have my WELCOME TO THE MUPPET SHOW banner with pics of anselmi mariner and cockring again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lobo View Post
    Hey Oh! me too, same .... double trouble, but i'll have mine top of 110

i'm sure yours looks better than my rough 1st ever two stick, which i just finished (5 am!), paint all over my kitchen lol

shit, see ya all in few hours
    i free handed mine, the 2011 line is about half the size of the 2012 line; will be interesting, i guess i could say i did it on purpose

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DOMIN8R View Post
    Ensco make a good point.

My sincere belief is that (1) Tom isn't going anywhere and (2) he doesn't understand footie. With those two facts in mind, trying to convince him to make better decisions regarding the footie management under him is pointless. However, I suspect he has an appetite to change the org structure so that he isn't on the firing line when teams perform poorly. This can be accomplished by adding a new layer between him and the coaching staff. Essentially, adding a knowledgeable Pres/Director/GM of soccer operations with a proven pedigree removes him from strategic decision making and provides a fall guy. So, to summarize, I think the key message should be to encourage him to add a layer of management and $pend big to get it. Otherwise, no one worth their salt will come to this palliative care clinic.

Good point but as with all business people Tom does not want to hire someone smarter than him just so they won't be competing for his job at a later date.

And nice Rob Ford avatar DOMIN8R!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ensco make a good point.

Agreed. This is what we need to push for.

Ticket? Ready.
    Paper Bag? Ready to go.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This can be accomplished by adding a new layer between him and the coaching staff. Essentially, adding a knowledgeable Pres/Director/GM of soccer operations with a proven pedigree removes him from strategic decision making and provides a fall guy. So, to summarize, I think the key message should be to encourage him to add a layer of management and $pend big to get it. Otherwise, no one worth their salt will come to this palliative care clinic.

Sure.

Except this whole place appears to be run like the mafia. There is a bad form of Dilbert-esque omerta at MLSE.

What were Tom Anselmi's or Ian Clarke"s credentials at MLSE? Nothing, other than loyalty to Peddie.

What were/are Beirne's or Cochrane's credentials? Nothing, other than loyalty to Anselmi.

Here's what I think is going on: if Anselmi breaks the loyalty chain, the MLSE organization will rear on him, and devour him in weeks or months. This is why he standing on the corner holding Herman while the TFC organization burns. He doesn't care about TFC as much as he cares about not letting the problem infect MLSE.
    Last edited by ensco; 10-20-2012 at 08:56 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was the only one wearing a bag in my part of 116. Hopefully someone at ML$E noticed it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How did the protest at gate 4 go?
    it seems that Larsen is mad at the fans for protesting at the player exit
    Last edited by Ajax TFC; 10-20-2012 at 04:56 PM.