Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    Stay on track,AL-MO,let's get some ideas,and designs going!
    I'm all ears. But don't act like your group gives two fucks about what people like me think.

I'll be following belfast_boy's lead. I appreciate his passion and interest in sending a strong message.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lets stay on target. Lets get this done and go forward. Maybe this can get all groups working in the same direction.
    Last edited by Belfast_Boy; 09-29-2012 at 02:47 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TorCanSoc View Post
    Good point. After six years of this, I think a lot of us are going to relinquish their season seats but will still be posting on the boards. Are we still fans after we drop our seasons? Without season tickets, I probably won't be as active on the boards.

I want to continue to love this team....I probably will. But not as a SSH. I will return one day. Seriously, am I less a fan for not getting seasons? I don't think I am.

Being a SSH is not an expression of your dedication to the team. It is a financial decision. Some people find it convenient and economical to hold season tickets and some find it better to buy tickets on a game by game basis. And some people are dedicated TFC fans but are unable to attend games at BMO. Lets not confuse things. You're a fan if you say you're a fan. Your a supporter if you show your support. For a lot of people showing our support has led us to sending a message to the FO. There have been lots of ideas on what form that message should take. Each of us should pick the one we like and go with it. Just don't divide our group by saying my message is better than your message. Respect the motivation even if you disagree with the exact form of expression.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    hhaha... called out by Belfast.

why do people think they can drop their tickets, and send a message to the team by doing so.... but still post on a TFC message board years later?

If you are done supporting the team, then be done with it.

Find something that makes you happy, elsewhere.

I'm still here because TFC is still my team, no matter who screwed up they might be. Times are tough? We're tougher
    Realy???? This is your team??? Not mine???? You are tough, I am not???? You are a real supporter??? Me, and roogsy, ect. ect. ect are not???? This is why the team is were it is, and why the group has gone down hill. The wrong people are leading the team and the group.

Still I appalud Belfast's effort. And I will be at the stadium for the last game if there is realy a protest. And this is my team parkdale, because it is my city's team but my team is dog shit, and has been for almost day one. Not saying that it is dog shit, does not make it any less dog shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By the way staying on the message boards, says I still care, but I do not like what you have been doing, and I will not give you my financial support of your distruction of this team.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lets not get into pissing contests here. We are all pissed and for the same reason. There is another thread about renewing if u want to talk about that.

We are here to rally together and put aside our differences for one reason.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Agreed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Holy Trinity of Football.
    The Fans
    The Players
    The Manager

MLSE has a lot of work to do.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have a week to go. AOne big banner is thankfully under way. Gary you deserve all our thanks.

Now what can the rest of us get away with? anyone with banner and two stick experience please advise on what can get through the gate. Al-Mo and anyone else lets hear from you.
    Last edited by Belfast_Boy; 09-29-2012 at 06:06 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

.... I'm 70% done in a "3 stooges" banner for sat..

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff s View Post
    That's awesome !

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    Realy???? This is your team??? Not mine???? You are tough, I am not???? You are a real supporter??? Me, and roogsy, ect. ect. ect are not???? This is why the team is were it is, and why the group has gone down hill. The wrong people are leading the team and the group.

Still I appalud Belfast's effort. And I will be at the stadium for the last game if there is realy a protest. And this is my team parkdale, because it is my city's team but my team is dog shit, and has been for almost day one. Not saying that it is dog shit, does not make it any less dog shit.
    I guess my original point wasnt clear, as that's not the way I intended it to be taken.

I just find it surreal that some people can drop their tickets, stop going to games, and yet still have the energy to come to this message board and complain about the team years later. I'm not calling you (trane) or anyone else out on it here, but it boggles my mind how some people really REALLY seem to hate the team, but still can't stop talking about it.

anyway, back on topic, sorry about the tangent
    Last edited by Parkdale; 09-29-2012 at 08:54 PM.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    By the way staying on the message boards, says I still care, but I do not like what you have been doing, and I will not give you my financial support of your distruction of this team.

you honestly think that the supporters are responsible for the state of the team? That in addition to suffering for this team, we also have to take the blame for them being bad on the field and lousy in management? Sorry, but I don't buy that for a second. All the talk of "supporters need to hold a team accountable" means absolutely nothing with this club. They are not changing for us, and not because we don't try
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Belfast_Boy View Post
    We have a week to go. AOne big banner is thankfully under way. Gary you deserve all our thanks.

Now what can the rest of us get away with? anyone with banner and two stick experience please advise on what can get through the gate. Al-Mo and anyone else lets hear from you.
    Any flags and banners must go though the south gate, specifically the one on the far left/west side of the southern gates. I have never seen them read a flag or banner but they do pat them down. In the past they used to read them, so I have read.

We will try to bring some half poles for two sticks but try to bring your own. We have very few and they may be spoken for before the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AL-MO View Post
    I'm all ears. But don't act like your group gives two fucks about what people like me think.
    Just know that not everyone in this group thinks that way.

TFC supporters should be united.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they will read your 2-stick on occasion, they are more likely to look at them if you don't regularly bring stuff in through gate 3B

if you plan on bringing something that might get confiscated then i suggest you bring that in hidden and attach it in the stands.

I feel they will be trying to calm the storm by collecting as much "questionable" banners and 2-sticks

they wanted us to check the "scissor me timber" 2-stick this season

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BUMP! Let's keep our momentum going ... spread the word!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hhaha... called out by Belfast.

why do people think they can drop their tickets, and send a message to the team by doing so.... but still post on a TFC message board years later?

If you are done supporting the team, then be done with it.

Find something that makes you happy, elsewhere.

I'm still here because TFC is still my team, no matter who screwed up they might be. Times are tough? We're tougher
    I like this as a banner.

I have been struggling this year to determine what form of "protest" I will make with my six season's seats. Do I just walk away silently? Do I throw a rock through the FO's window? I really don't know what's best.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy View Post
    I like this as a banner.

I have been struggling this year to determine what form of "protest" I will make with my six season's seats. Do I just walk away silently? Do I throw a rock through the FO's window? I really don't know what's best.
    i prefer the rock!

I'm still deciding what to write on the banner. Think of...

LAST PLACE!

BROUGHT TO YOU BY

INCOMPETENT MANAGEMENT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff s View Post
    Mariner, Anselmi, and Cochrane??? Classic!!! Hoping to hear a "MARINER OUT" cheer!!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally I like

The Reign of Error 2007 - ?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's no better way to start a game day than with a tailgate!

bring your banners, two sticks and signs. can't say it any better than Suds did here..

Sat October 6th @ 10:00 AM – Toronto FC v DC United

It’s our final tailgate of the year! It has been a tough season for all TFC supporters. But why not come out and chill with old friends, meet some new ones, and enjoy some pre-game time together. After all, it’s us fans who will be here after the players, coaches, and FO staff eventually move on.

Let’s put the negative emotions aside for a couple hours and celebrate the fact we supporters are still here through these tough times. Blow off some steam at the TG and do something for us.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you honestly think that the supporters are responsible for the state of the team? That in addition to suffering for this team, we also have to take the blame for them being bad on the field and lousy in management? Sorry, but I don't buy that for a second. All the talk of "supporters need to hold a team accountable" means absolutely nothing with this club. They are not changing for us, and not because we don't try
    Well this is the rift between supporters, as you know, many of us feel that we needed to have been more critical earlier, and some like me feel that trying to hit MLSE in the pocket should also have been organized earlier. Again this is the constant line in the sand between two verging views over support.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this was just traced onto a two stick. will be painting tommorrow

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Belfast_Boy View Post
    i prefer the rock!

I'm still deciding what to write on the banner. Think of...

LAST PLACE!

BROUGHT TO YOU BY

INCOMPETENT MANAGEMENT
    how about
    "Top ten in the conference!" - brought to you by incompetent management

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how about "6 years of losing with Anselmi, everything else has been changed!"

or

"We need leadership that know's the game, not Anselmi"
    Last edited by bones; 10-01-2012 at 09:29 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    "We need leadership that know's the game, not Anselmi"
    Their response will be "that's why we've promoted Cockrane" or "that's why we brought in Paul Mariner" or something else so mind-blowingly stupid that no one will even know how to respond

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A two stick with nothing but our record, current and all time, should suffice nicely I think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cmonyoureds View Post
    A two stick with nothing but our record, current and all time, should suffice nicely I think.
    Can I use this idea? I've been stuck for good ideas. That 2-stick should be there.