Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, this was my first shot at being a media whore. Think we all sounded good.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Belfast_Boy View Post
    Thanks, this was my first shot at being a media whore. Think we all sounded good.
    Well done mate and thanks again for organizing it all. UNITED WE WILL STAND.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Craiger needs a double axe! he looks like an executioner.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Radio interview by Belfast_Boy was cool.

Good stuff bud.

GlenM
    "You play to win the game"

Herm Edwards - Former NFL Coach

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lobo View Post
    U sector??? please NO! I'd be less upset if they said the girl scouts!

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=jazzy;1537759]
    Quote Originally Posted by gomesv View Post
    I Guess this signals the end of the supporters groups as we know it.....outdone by Montreal supporters/ couldnt band together for a protest, do you guys, even know what you stand for any more[/QUOTe ,

so you're not a supporter?.......you're calling out other people??

not really.....I for one think the supporters group are crucial to the the teams overall success, just pick a direction because right now you are divided.......you want the FO to get their house in order (vision, plan), shouldn't the supporter groups do the same, as much as it is frustrating to see the FO bungle things, it's beginning to be the same with this group because united you guys can make a difference. Right not you are not winning either battle, outdone in support by rest of the league and not fully behind protest.

hopefully this is seen as support from a "casual" for those who took on this protest

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Support is divided now. I'll give you that.
    Howeve, I respectfully disagree that we can't make a difference.
    Throughout the process of the protest I had a difference of opinion with a few members of this group. But at the of the day we could have e a beer together and agree that we are both here supporting our team to do better.
    I don't think this dilutes the message we sent to mlse recently.
    Last edited by Belfast_Boy; 10-21-2012 at 05:21 PM.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Support is divided now. I'll give you that.
    Howeve, I respectfully disagree that we can't make a difference.
    Throughout the process of the protest I had a difference of opinion with a few members of this group. But at the of the day we could have e a beer to nether and agree that we are both here supporting our team to do better.
    I don't think this dilutes the message we sent to mlse recently.

Quite the opposite, I fully believe you guys can make a difference, and should....but united, divided as the saying goes...............and of course the message is diluted 25-50 people at protest or 500? Absolutely message is diluted....still props to those who fought for what I believe was a legit cause

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quite the opposite, I fully believe you guys can make a difference, and should....but united, divided as the saying goes...............and of course the message is diluted 25-50 people at protest or 500? Absolutely message is diluted....still props to those who fought for what I believe was a legit cause
    i get what you are saying. yes I would have preferred to be standing there with 500 guys. unfortunately we are all that's left that feel strongly enough to do something.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I Guess this signals the end of the supporters groups as we know it.....outdone by Montreal supporters/ couldnt band together for a protest, do you guys even know what you stand for any more
    Were you there?
    Did you contribute?
    If not, STFU

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    it was a better turn out then last week,

no matter how small the group a statement was made and noticed

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Torontotonto View Post
    Were you there?
    Did you contribute?
    If not, STFU

Now now be nice, if you disagree speak your mind, but don't tell me to STFU, if you can't handle the truth that's your issue........but I guess only those that were "there" can speak on these boards......no wonder people are dropping off these boards as fast as they are dropping off the ship TFC

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now now be nice, if you disagree speak your mind, but don't tell me to STFU, if you can't handle the truth that's your issue........but I guess only those that were "there" can speak on these boards......no wonder people are dropping off these boards as fast as they are dropping off the ship TFC

everyone can type here. lots of people posted or typed support and that was cool, but the boys that worked get a lot of respect from me. and where I come from backing up your shit means a lot.
    Last edited by Belfast_Boy; 10-21-2012 at 07:06 PM.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

everyone can type here. lots of people posted or typed support and that was cool, but the boys that worked and stood up those guys get a lot of respect from me. and where I come from backing up your shit means a lot.
    I believe I've done nothing but voice my support.......nope I wasn't there.....but neither were 90% of your RPB brethren ........ All I've tried to say is if you have a message be united........but I'll let this issue die....at least you reply without acting like a child.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe I've done nothing but voice my support.......nope I wasn't there.....but neither were 90% of your RPB brethren ........ All I've tried to say is if you have a message be united........but I'll let this issue die....at least you reply without acting like a child.
    a lot of guys couldn't help, some didn't feel comfortable doing it, others didnt agree and others just couldn't be arsed.
    getting harmony in Toronto is a tall order. I think the only thing all the groups will agree on is that the team wears red. anything else will cause divisions.
    I honestly hoped that our protest would send a message to MLSE and would bring supporters together. I wish it was more successful in the later. At the end of the day a bunch of guys will remember what they did proudly. I feel a sense of camaraderie with with those people.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Sorry to say this, but if you really believe this is the case, then you have just slapped everyone who did show up to the protest and who did makes banners in the face.
    If you were there and you saw the setup - it was intimidating for people to walk out and see, especially if the message is directed at you.

With this type of thinking - anyone who decided to go to an away match should reconsider if only 25-50 people are confirmed to be going.
    With this type of thinking - If only 5 people showed up at a match with banners/two sticks, you might as well not bring them because the message won't be conveyed.

Do you see where I'm getting at? If you worry about what people are not doing, you miss the things people actually are doing.
    If supporters culture is dead - it's partially because of this type of thinking.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you disagree, speak your mind. But just know that the supporters groups are dead as we know it, and "you can't handle the truth." Brilliant.

You're pulling assertions and stats out of your arse. Not showing up and criticizing the people who did show up, is just next level ridiculous.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be honest I thought the turn out and message looked pretty good, considering overall apathy and the lack of support you received from people with no balls.

Good job guys.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RedRum View Post
    To be honest I thought the turn out and message looked pretty good, considering overall apathy and the lack of support you received from people with no balls.

Good job guys.
    lol There is a lot that can be expanded on this but if I choose to speak my mind I will most likely get banned on this board. Let me just say this, certain other SG groups are under the assumption that we have folded our support. Judging by what's going on in the stands, one can't blame them.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

respectfully I'm assuming you haven't quite followed this thread all the way through as this message was NOT sponsored or condoned by the RPB's...some of us are and some of us aren't ...so the 500 you speak of has no baring on the issue...we are just caring supporters, actually hurting and yes confused with this debacle AND we are simply football lovers who may or may not make a difference BUT want to try to make difference simply stated.....so without insulting , if 2 people or 100 show there is nothing really to compare it to.......and all we are interested in is friends and other minor or major supporters with the same goals...this is how it starts....everyone is welcome.........there or not I'm sure you and all of us enjoy a great game of soccer...so lets get there.........you know what I like is all this diversity brings out the best in us.....
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I Guess this signals the end of the supporters groups as we know it.....outdone by Montreal supporters/ couldnt band together for a protest, do you guys even know what you stand for any more

Fixed!
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    Sorry to say this, but if you really believe this is the case, then you have just slapped everyone who did show up to the protest and who did makes banners in the face.
    If you were there and you saw the setup - it was intimidating for people to walk out and see, especially if the message is directed at you.

With this type of thinking - anyone who decided to go to an away match should reconsider if only 25-50 people are confirmed to be going.
    With this type of thinking - If only 5 people showed up at a match with banners/two sticks, you might as well not bring them because the message won't be conveyed.

Do you see where I'm getting at? If you worry about what people are not doing, you miss the things people actually are doing.
    If supporters culture is dead - it's partially because of this type of thinking.

I get your point, but not once have I not given respect to those that took part, all I've suggested is that it would be more effective if as a group it was decided together.......is all. but I see your point.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    If you disagree, speak your mind. But just know that the supporters groups are dead as we know it, and "you can't handle the truth." Brilliant.

You're pulling assertions and stats out of your arse. Not showing up and criticizing the people who did show up, is just next level ridiculous.

- Scott
    when did I crtiicize those that showed up???? I was only responding to a suggestion that since I wasn't there I dont have a right to speak about it. Please read in full before making accusations.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    Fixed!

Now thats pretty funny, even I had to laugh at that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went over.
    What I saw........

People high up in other organizations taking pictures.
    At least one news outlet doing an interview.
    Media people wandering out and doing a double take then pausing to take it in.
    Guys at the RDS trucks wandering over for a look.
    Players standing at the window looking out.
    Many, many others I couldn't identify looking out and taking it all in.

I'd say it was noticed, some people were coming out and opted to do a 180 and use a different exit. LOL
    It sent a message, and was a step in the right direction.
    (although the, how shall I put it, rather conspicuous F bombs to MLSE might have taken away from it)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I get your point, but not once have I not given respect to those that took part, all I've suggested is that it would be more effective if as a group it was decided together.......is all. but I see your point.
    Thing is, this group represents a diverse view on support.
    There are a number of different groups within this group.
    I'm going to offend people with this post, but I don't know how else to phrase it.

But this group can more of less be divided into:

Hardcore: Likes flares, smoke and general "chaos" style support. Sing when winning, protest when loosing.
    Cheerleaders: Cheer no matter what happens on the pitch.
    Indifferents: Go with the flow and will see both side of each of the group aboves motives without committing to one or the other. Just there to watch Football and be part of a supporters group.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Code Red View Post
    lol There is a lot that can be expanded on this but if I choose to speak my mind I will most likely get banned on this board. Let me just say this, certain other SG groups are under the assumption that we have folded our support. Judging by what's going on in the stands, one can't blame them.
    LOL

If those certain other SG cared enough to approach us they'd know. I care little about rumours and gossiping of other groups here.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to offend people with this post, but I don't know how else to phrase it.

Hardcore: Likes flares, smoke and general "chaos" style support. Sing when winning, protest when loosing.
    Indifferents: Go with the flow and will see both side of each of the group aboves motives without committing to one or the other. Just there to watch Football and be part of a supporters group.
    Unfair, I may protest but I am no fan of "chaos", smoke or flares. I think any of that would have detracted from what we were trying to convey and made this clear to Mark and others when the subject was broached at one point. I don't fit into any of those categories, I just feel very strongly about the direction my team is heading in and want to try and help change it before it's too late.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wull View Post
    Unfair, I may protest but I am no fan of "chaos", smoke or flares. I think any of that would have detracted from what we were trying to convey and made this clear to Mark and others when the subject was broached at one point. I don't fit into any of those categories, I just feel very strongly about the direction my team is heading in and want to try and help change it before it's too late.
    I think I can say this for myself too.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !