Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Belfast_Boy View Post
    the star has been contacted to cover the protest and march.
    That's great, then.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    I don't know how you can prove that and it's pretty ridiculous to say in either case.

It's more likely that they did this because demand had waned.

Personally I didn't renew by the deadline. At which point they threw in the free first game then I renewed... Did you negotiate that to?

The second bolded sentence doesn't make any sense, first of all it's a double negative, and when the negatives are removed this is what you wrote: "The issues are __ all fans in that stadium understand all the issues and ___ come to places like these to discuss them."

I am not sure what you are trying to get across with this statement in the context of potential RPB protests.
    Phil is wrong in saying that they froze prices for 2 years. That is an untrue statement.

They raised prices from 2010 to 2011. Then offered to freeze prices at the new raised price. But in the end we still had to pay more because there was no 'free' game in the 2012 package (and accounting for the MLS Cup ticket being in the 2011 package).
    Last edited by narduch; 10-17-2012 at 03:08 PM.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know how you can prove that and it's pretty ridiculous to say in either case.

It's more likely that they did this because demand had waned.

Personally I didn't renew by the deadline. At which point they threw in the free first game then I renewed... Did you negotiate that to?

The second bolded sentence doesn't make any sense, first of all it's a double negative, and when the negatives are removed this is what you wrote: "The issues are __ all fans in that stadium understand all the issues and ___ come to places like these to discuss them."

Okay, the problem is that not everyone in that stadium understands the complexity of issues on the field and don't have the same mentality of the supporters or people on this message board.

As for your interpritation you about that timeframe, you are more than welcome to it. The feedback about our role, and the role of other SG's during that time contrary to yours.

Edit: I will point one other thing out, anything that was achieved was done by the group, not an individual.
    Last edited by Phil; 10-18-2012 at 07:28 AM.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As only 51 have joined the facebook group - is anybody bringing in EXTRA paper bags into the stadium to hand out to those people who are unaware of the protest?

My issue with the "wearing green" or "paper bag" protest is that it may only be a handful of people doing so. Like the green protest before - many people in the stadium didn't have a clue what it was about, or even if it actually was happening.

We need to get as many NON RPB's interested in a protest as possible. So, those people who go to the game, and have no idea why you are protesting, need to have opportunity to join in as well. People have power in numbers.

In the end of the day the RPB's (and the people on this forum) are still the minority of TFC fans. The majority will still rule in the stadium. Handing out paper bags at the front of each section (especially the south end) might get quite a few extra people wearing them.

(you have have thought of that already though, I'm assuming....but I'm just trying to give a suggestion )

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    As only 51 have joined the facebook group - is anybody bringing in EXTRA paper bags into the stadium to hand out to those people who are unaware of the protest?

My issue with the "wearing green" or "paper bag" protest is that it may only be a handful of people doing so. Like the green protest before - many people in the stadium didn't have a clue what it was about, or even if it actually was happening.

We need to get as many NON RPB's interested in a protest as possible. So, those people who go to the game, and have no idea why you are protesting, need to have opportunity to join in as well. People have power in numbers.

In the end of the day the RPB's (and the people on this forum) are still the minority of TFC fans. The majority will still rule in the stadium. Handing out paper bags at the front of each section (especially the south end) might get quite a few extra people wearing them.

(you have have thought of that already though, I'm assuming....but I'm just trying to give a suggestion )
    what do you mean only 51.... we had a lot less last week. we got press and a meeting with Tom. i'm trying to spread the word so if you can help that would be appreciated.

we're trying to source some bags, but there's no way we're supplying the entire southend. it's up to everyone that comes to bring a bag. if you have a supply let me know.

There'll be a large banner for the march and during the game announcing the Gate 4 gathering.

we might be a minority but we are what brought countless fans to the stadium. it certainly wasn't for the quality of the field or the chip butty's!

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dont worry, I suspect if the shit show continues in a year or two you'll b the only ones left......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what do you mean only 51.... we had a lot less last week. we got press and a meeting with Tom. i'm trying to spread the word so if you can help that would be appreciated.

we're trying to source some bags, but there's no way we're supplying the entire southend. it's up to everyone that comes to bring a bag. if you have a supply let me know.

There'll be a large banner for the march and during the game announcing the Gate 4 gathering.

we might be a minority but we are what brought countless fans to the stadium. it certainly wasn't for the quality of the field or the chip butty's!
    http://www.retailbag.com/paperbags/grocerybags.html

16 bucks for 500 bags, but sadly I can't go during the day tomorrow (I'm at work). If anyone can go though I don't mind donating 20 to the cause....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Waggy that's awesome. I ride a motorcycle and live in the east end. there's no way i can get it.
    we need a huge favour here folks. who can pick up an order? I'm in for half the cost. think we'd need the big ones.
    Last edited by Belfast_Boy; 10-17-2012 at 04:51 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Waggy View Post

16 bucks for 500 bags, but sadly I can't go during the day tomorrow (I'm at work). If anyone can go though I don't mind donating 20 to the cause....

FACK THIS IS WALKING DISTANCE FOR ME.

I'll pick up 500 bags,who will help distributing them?I'm working on Saturday and I might even be late for the start of the game.

If I buy them can someone pick it up from me.I have no problem to drive to drop it off,as long is not to far away.I work in Mississauga,and tomorrow night I have soccer pick up game in 401/DVP area.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's great Denis. what time is your game?

I'll distribute, might even be able to get someone to meet you at the game and pick them up.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's great Denis. what time is your game?

I'll distribute, might even be able to get someone to meet you at the game and pick them up.
    Thursday 9pm at Lawrence and DVP.

BTW,CLEAN UP YOUR INBOX,it's full and you can not receive any PMs.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sorry, I'm not trying to sound insulting by saying "only 51". What I mean is - 51 people with paper bags on their heads out of 10k plus people is a TINY minority with bags on their heads. You are doing a sterling job with the protest and getting a reaction and a meeting with Tom - but more than 51 people with bags would give a much bigger punch.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    I'm sorry, I'm not trying to sound insulting by saying "only 51". What I mean is - 51 people with paper bags on their heads out of 10k plus people is a TINY minority with bags on their heads. You are doing a sterling job with the protest and getting a reaction and a meeting with Tom - but more than 51 people with bags would give a much bigger punch.

no worries, i should be thanking you for the post. i've been wrapped up with other aspects of this protest and ignored the first thing I wanted to do. as you can see we'll be picking up 500 thanks to Denis who got this whole movement rolling.
    hope you'll be at the bar on Saturday to help us do this!
    Last edited by Belfast_Boy; 10-17-2012 at 05:28 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post

opps, thanks. clean now.

will pm you with my number when i get home. trying to get a buddy to come meet you.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by narduch View Post
    You are indeed right.
    Yea I thought that statement was wrong, the price freeze was only one year, and this is it 2012.
    Next year only a significant price decrease will do for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can help distribute at the game/march for sure. Since I don't have a car though transporting them I can't help with. Cost though, definitely. Whoever is getting them PM me and I can EMT you cash or figure out how to meet at Joes or at the game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can buy/pickup and get them to Joe's pre-game no problem...

Let me know.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can buy/pickup and get them to Joe's pre-game no problem...

Let me know.
    Alonso is on it. Denis no worries about the pick up.

Alonso, think we need the big ones to fit on heads. can you call and arrange with the supplier? please double check my math on the size. we don't want things that are too big or sandwich bags. we'll end up with 500 tfc hand puppets! Will you be at Joes pregame?

sorry, just read about joes in your post Alonso. juggling too many things right now.
    Last edited by Belfast_Boy; 10-17-2012 at 07:13 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alonso, think we need the big ones to fit on heads. can you call and arrange with the supplier? please double check my math on the size. we don't want things that are too big or sandwich bags. we'll end up with 500 tfc hand puppets! Will you be at Joes pregame?

sorry, just read about joes in your post Alonso. juggling too many things right now.
    Yup, will do Mark.

See you pre-game at Joe's...

Oh, and good luck with Tom, hopefully you can make some in roads.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lobo View Post
    found this ... http://www.retailbag.com/paperbags/grocerybags.html

imagine 500 heads in paper bags
    Quote Originally Posted by Waggy View Post

great minds and all that, eh

so, wanna do this right? pre-cut eye holes in the bags ... just stack em up and bore cut through them.... use a 1.5 inch spade drill bit, or a 2 inch hole saw, etc.

who cares if there will be eye holes in front and back ... it will make it easy for everyone to just put them on, nobody has to borrow TFC CityBoy's car keys anymore to rip out eye holes, lol.

Alonso, any chance you have a tool for this job? or maybe someone who has the tool can bring to joe's.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Loving the work put in here by some of you guys!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alonso can try one, once he is there.

Imagine the look of the sale person,when Alonso ask him/her,"can I try one please",and starts putting it on his head.

Quote Originally Posted by lobo View Post
    great minds and all that, eh

so, wanna do this right? pre-cut eye holes in the bags ... just stack em up and bore cut through them.... use a 1.5 inch spade drill bit, or a 2 inch hole saw, etc.

who cares if there will be eye holes in front and back ... it will make it easy for everyone to just put them on, nobody has to borrow TFC CityBoy's car keys anymore to rip out eye holes, lol.

Alonso, any chance you have a tool for this job? or maybe someone who has the tool can bring to joe's.

GREAT IDEA

Call supplier and ask if they can drill holes for us.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy View Post
    Tommy "Remembers '67 like it was yesterday." For f**ks sake i'm happy for him and his vivid memory, because we haven't won shit since then. It's like the CEO of Canadian Tire looking back on his career and saying "I remember back in 1972 when we last made a profit". Doesn't he get it?
    I call this Nostalgiaism.

Living in the past.

It's nice to have memories, but these should not prevent you from looking to the future.

To me this is MLSE's inherent problem with regards to their sporting properties. Every so-often they drag out Johnny Bower, or celebrate an anniversary of the '67 cup win.

While this is all nice, it disguises the problem that there's no forward-thinking planning going on anywhere at MLSE.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

are they handing out those KIA touques again this year?......if they are you guys should stand next to the people handing them out and as people walk by to get a touque, hand them a bag and ask if they'd rather wear that instead......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alonso can try one, once he is there.

Imagine the look of the sale person,when Alonso ask him/her,"can I try one please",and starts putting it on his head.

GREAT IDEA

Call supplier and ask if they can drill holes for us.

Haha, that would be hilarious.

As for the holes I'll figure something out, I do have a spade drill bit and a hole saw, just not sure if there will be anything left of the paper bags after I take those to them with my 24V Milwaukee drill.

It's not exactly wood and if it's not clamped down tight and compressed I think we'll end up with shredded paper bags instead of holes.

I'll give it a go.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TOBOR THE GREAT ! View Post
    I call this Nostalgiaism.Living in the past.It's nice to have memories, but these should not prevent you from looking to the future.To me this is MLSE's inherent problem with regards to their sporting properties. Every so-often they drag out Johnny Bower, or celebrate an anniversary of the '67 cup win.While this is all nice, it disguises the problem that there's no forward-thinking planning going on anywhere at MLSE.
    MLSE: Living in the Past since 1967. This should be emblazoned on corporate HQ.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Another banner idea :

screw 1967, this is 2012

or perhaps simply

1967 ? This is 2012
    Last edited by TOBOR !; 10-18-2012 at 09:51 AM.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, I am going to make two banners.

One that reads: "Have your say at Gate 4"

Then another with something like: "Our voices" written in the middle in small letters. I will have this banner at Gate 4 along with a pile of sharpies for fans to write a message on it to the FO. I then hope to present that banner to the FO folks that show up at the 90th Minute party.

This will hopefully give the casual fan another reason to show up at Gate 4.

Please help spread the word.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yagbod View Post
    So, I am going to make two banners.

One that reads: "Have your say at Gate 4"

Then another with something like: "Our voices" written in the middle in small letters. I will have this banner at Gate 4 along with a pile of sharpies for fans to write a message on it to the FO. I then hope to present that banner to the FO folks that show up at the 90th Minute party.

This will hopefully give the casual fan another reason to show up at Gate 4.

Please help spread the word.

what is a "casual" fan by the way?.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gomesv View Post
    what is a "casual" fan by the way?.

Uh oh....